PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone music making, with numbers. Is this a new thing or something on the inter

docdan63
Fri, 09-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I was chilling with my friend, and he looked up something on YouTube. Yeah, there's this huge following with making music with cell phones. This is also true with devices. I've seen it done with the DS too. Am I new to this or what?

Has this been big for sometime now or something?

Eurasian
Sat, 09-13-2008, 12:42 AM
In the old days, you had to use the keypad to make a "cool" ringtone. There were sites dedicated to this. I remember being sad because I could never get it right. =(

XanBcoo
Sat, 09-13-2008, 03:31 AM
How about providing a little more information in the original post? Perhaps some links or at least a better prompt so that those of us who have no idea what the hell you're talking about can actually have an idea of what the hell you're talking about.

Bad thread making skills 101:
"Hey guys, I've heard of *[X], who else has heard of [X]?"

*Where [X] stands for any obscure interest or otherwise uninteresting topic of discussion that is not expounded upon.

On topic: I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but as I play a few real instruments, I can't imagine wanting to make music with a cell phone.

Psyke
Sat, 09-13-2008, 08:10 AM
In the old days, you had to use the keypad to make a "cool" ringtone. There were sites dedicated to this. I remember being sad because I could never get it right. =(

Yeah those were the good old days! I remember composing my own Xenogears and FFVII ringtones on one of my first phones nearly a decade ago... :)