PDA

View Full Version : TV: True Blood

Pages : [1] 2

Munsu
Mon, 09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2454/truebloodheaderyc4.jpg

This is a new Vampire show on HBO starring Anna Paquin. It airs on Sundays, and yesterday was the first episode. For those of you that already watched the pre-air screener that came out a couple of months ago, this is a bit different. A couple of cast changes, and some added scenes and better editing.

Show is from the creator of Six Feet Under, Alan Ball. With all that said, the first episode was decent... but dissapointing to me. I was certainly expecting much better. But it's a bit understandable, since they're setting the series up. I've been hearing good things of the next couple of episodes, even from people that didn't enjoy the first episode. HBO + Vampires, how can they go wrong?

Here's the first episode:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1781548

Alan Ball, creator of Six Feet Under, returns to HBO with a new series based on the novel series Southern Vampire by Charlaine Harris. The series follows Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic barmaid who finds comfort in the company of vampires since they have no brainwave activity for her to read. She and her brother Jason were raised by her grandmother after losing their parents in a flood and she tries to keep her telepathic ability a secret. Thanks largely in part to the creation of a Japanese-made synthetic blood called True Blood (where the series takes it name) vampires have made their existence known to the world. Sookie works at the bar 'Merlotte's' which is owned and operated by her boss Sam Merlotte who has a secret of his own.
http://www.tv.com/true-blood/show/74645/summary.html?q=true%20blood&tag=search_results;title;1
http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I liked it.

The cast was very well rounded, and the supporting cast seems to be one of the stand-out things about the series. The vampire, Bill, is a bit stereotypical, Anne Rice kind of brooding vampire, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. With the direction they started the show (the hillbilly hunter guy being a vamp before the opening) and a few other normal-people vampires that were on television, having the lead being the kind one traditionally thinks of vampires isn't so bad. I loved the part where she laughed at his name being Bill and not something Cajun.

There was a LOT of foreshadowing though. There are quite a few things that I assume are supposed to be secrets revealed as the series goes, but they were pretty obvious. Notably the dog.

Sapphire
Mon, 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM
The picture drew me in.

But man I'm 6 minutes in and I'm loving it. The dark maybe even primal tone is just yum. Right now it's reminding me of Heroes a bit, but better. I hope I don' change my opinion, haven't seen much of the acting though it seems more on the badass scale than the 'TV-movie cheesy' scale.

I'm totally laughing at the accents.

Paulyboy
Tue, 09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I saw it last night on HBO, lots of sex scenes. Especially that one where they are watching that vampire go all out on that one chick, Going rough and shit. Show is all cool, I expect more of some bad ass action scenes. And yes if you notice they are hillbilly like.

Munsu
Tue, 09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Glad to see you people are liking it... I liked it myself, I simply had my expectations sky high. So that's where my comments are stemming from.

The sex scenes looked much better in the episode that aired... the Vampire sex scene was edited better because originally it looked very very wierd.

Looking forward for the next episode, here's a preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnBmbuZ-_MM

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-09-2008, 07:28 PM
If you can't wait then you can can get episode two, but then your wait for episode three will be longer. Here ya go, you decide.
http://www.mininova.org/get/1778913

Munsu
Wed, 09-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I think media members and advertisers received about 4 or 5 episodes, so hopefully those will get leaked at some point.

I just watched episode 2, and this was more of what I was expecting from this series... good stuff. I have a ton of questions about Sookie though. I can't really tell if some of the things that are happening are being done by herself, if it's Bill doing them. They are always together when something supernatural occurs.

Sapphire
Wed, 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I agree with Ryl. Though Bill or whatever his name is is totally the stereotypical tall dark and handsome main character that fangirls all know and love, this is definately the first time I've seen this archetype mastered so wonderfully in a live action, let alone an American production!

*Downloads ep 2*

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Overall pretty entertaining. I really like Bill the vampire and Sookie's friends reminds me of a young Wanda Sikes. Which ain't all bad. The fry cook seems interesting too. Most of the cast seems pretty solid. The only problem I am having is Sookie herself. Anna seems like she is 16, but perhaps this is what the creators were looking for. She seriously needs to get some braces and a boob job and color her hair back to dark brown. She looked more mature with dark hair. Other than that the show looks good, looking forward to the next episode and some more debauchery.

The fry cook hitting on the fat white hill billy was hilarious "I'll make you my Santa Clause." hahaha! I hope the humor continues.

Assassin
Tue, 09-16-2008, 09:00 PM
i can't believe im saying this, but at times the sexual overtones can be just too much. they take away from the show. and im not even talking about the sex scenes, but the more subtle stuff, like sooki's super sluty dress when the afternoon before bill comes over to their house. I just hope it stems from sexual frustration (and thus being related to the character development) and not just to win over male audiences.

I also hate the black girl. atleast at times....occasionally she'll be likeable but then she opens her mouth and i wanna smack her with a baseball bat.

On the topic of episode 2, the last scene with the vamps look odd....like they were all trying too hard. The girl was fine, but then the 2 dudes show up, and its like "hey look at me, im a stereotypical over the top bad vampire from Blade"

Munsu
Tue, 09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
i can't believe im saying this, but at times the sexual overtones can be just too much. they take away from the show. and im not even talking about the sex scenes, but the more subtle stuff, like sooki's super sluty dress when the afternoon before bill comes over to their house. I just hope it stems from sexual frustration (and thus being related to the character development) and not just to win over male audiences.

I also hate the black girl. atleast at times....occasionally she'll be likeable but then she opens her mouth and i wanna smack her with a baseball bat.

On the topic of episode 2, the last scene with the vamps look odd....like they were all trying too hard. The girl was fine, but then the 2 dudes show up, and its like "hey look at me, im a stereotypical over the top bad vampire from Blade"
I agree with you to a point, but I think you're over thinking it a bit with Sookie and her dress. For one, the sexual portion of the first episode seemed out of place for me, and in part played into me not thinking much of the series at first. I thought the second episode had a better balance. At the least, the sex scenes had a better progression to them.

I didn't pay much mind to the way Sookie dressed when she went out in the afternoon mainly because she didn't look that good in that dress. You also have to consider that they might want to give a bit of the white trash vibe to these characters. Also, you have to consider that she drank vamp blood, so she might've been feeling a little naughty at the moment.

As for the black chick, I preffered the first casting choice... that chick that was in the first episode preair. I hated the new chick in the first episode, particularly in her first scene of the series. But I think she was much better and likable in the second episode. I think she might grow on me with time.

I think the two vamps at the end are just fine, especially the one who rolled his eyes... he looks quite nasty. He was the vamp that had that freakish sex scene in the first episode. So I'm looking forward for him to do some creepy scenes.

http://www.trubeverage.com/

Third episode preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMe8EVU2iU

itadakimasu
Thu, 09-18-2008, 10:52 PM
switched my showtime to hbo today and watched the first 2 eps .... I like it!

haven't looked at the schedule yet to see what days it shows but i'm going to keep watching...

Munsu
Fri, 09-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Two episodes in and HBO already picked it up for a second season:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117992353.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&query=true+blood

And here's a small interview with Alan Ball:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Tv-Previews/True-Blood-Alan/800046947

Munsu
Mon, 09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Just watched episode 3, and this has been my favorite episode so far.

Assassin, I think you were on to something when you made comments about Sookie's sexual frustration, it's quite evident in this episode. I also thought that the 3 new vampires were awesome, the two male ones were quite different than what I expected personality wise.

Ryllharu, what were your suspicions of the dog? I've always felt that there might be some connection to Sam, which was confirmed with his barking during his sleep, but the dog we've seen in particular doesn't seem any different than any other dog. But, it's quite curious to see him around "spying" on Sookie, etc.

I thought Tara was quite good in this episode, her mother is quite fucked up. And what can we say about Jason... the "Fuck of Death". Whe he imagined the vamp with the shaved head while having sex, I wonder if it was simply due to the video he had seen on episode one, or if he was the vamp that sucked blood from the chick and then somehow making his image appear to Jason because of that or some wierd shit like that.

The next episode preview and a "coming up this season" promo provided by HBO show some really cool stuff to look forward to.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
After episode two I thought somehow that Sam was the dog spying on Sookie, now I think that Sam is a ware wolf who can talk to his dog? I dunno sounds good to me. Definitely the best episode so far. I was thinking we may not get introduced to very many vampires which would have sucked. (no pun intended) But things are getting interesting for sure.

Jessper
Sun, 09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
With how open about the stuff with Sam they are being it is hard to say. The writers obviously wanted us to think so in the first 2 episodes, then they have the twist in the 3rd episode on that.

In my opinion they are trying to throw us off and make us think he is a werewolf.

Sapphire
Mon, 09-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Little did I know that this series is based off of books by a woman named Charlaine Harris! And I've heard of her too. Well, I just spoiled myself a tad bit by reading the Wikipedia article and I'm not sure if I regret it or not, but I'm still looking forward to the next episode!

itadakimasu
Mon, 09-29-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd not considered anything about sam being a werewolf... i just thought he wanted to smell the dead girl.

LOL @ the interrogation scene... that was pretty funny

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Without Sookies brother this show wouldn't be half as entertaining as it is. He better not ever get killed off, comic genius oozes from his stupidity.

oyabun
Wed, 10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Love the show! the first episode is kinda slow and draggy. But after a few episodes, it gets good.

animus
Thu, 10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Just watched the recent 2 episodes. Damn, was hoping to see Tara nekked, ah well.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the vampires in this show really? Reason is, they just don't seem regal enough. Maybe I'm spoiled by all the movie vampires with British accents, or the Transylvania (shrug) accents. But Vampires with Southern drawls (Bill), and even more extreme an American(?) accent like Eric just screams wtf. I'd guess he's over atleast 400 years old I believe, since Bill is like 150-200, and he says Malcom is much older than he is, and Eric even older than Malcom. I just don't sense the grandiose or the mysticism in these Vampires.

Abdula
Thu, 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM
There we have one of the reasons why I just can't get into this show, the vampires don't seem like vampires at all. They are just like the other trashy characters in the show but they just happen to drink blood. Really I was looking forward to this show for a while, the first episode was a complete disappointment and it hasn't gotten any better since then. I thought Moonlight was a bad show but I would take Moonlight over this any day.

Really I just expect a lot from a show about Vampires and this doesn't live up to my expectations, the bar was set pretty high.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I think the most recent episode really brought the show into its own though, you should definitely give it another chance. While the show does go with the "vampires are more like normal people not Dracula" angle (one I actually have always liked), there isn't much question after this episode that vampires are as varied as the humans they used to be.

There are plenty of trashy vampires, there are honorable/gentlemanly ones like Bill, more traditional "mysterious" vampires like Eric, and the other side of the more traditional ones...savage ambushers.

The series has definitely picked up though. Huge shift this episode. Sad really. But we also got to see how Bill got turned, tragic in its own way.

I've got one solid suspect for the murderer now. I don't really want to say it in this post, maybe to give a day or two for anyone else to catch up. It makes a lot of sense if you look back and think about it, especially considering some of the dialog.

Jason has really hit a new point as the comedy relief though. He's just so fucking stupid. Lafayette on the other hand, has reached a new pinnacle of awesome.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Sookie keeps getting pissed off at all of the vampire shit she sees, while at the same time being enraptured by it. Maybe she is scared but expresses it by being a prissy bitch? Someone needs to bitch slap this girl. "OMG DON'T SUCK HIS BLOOD, YOU EVIL VAMPIRE! Get away!!" "Oh mah God Bill is so hot. masterbatemasterbatemasterbate. Don't discriminate against vampires guys!"

V sounds awesome. lol @ what taking a whole vial does, and what taking a single drop does. I want to read these novels now. Lafayette and Terra make this show awesome. I just feel sorry for Bill. As I watch Lafayette taking the V I could totally imagine him being a vampire hunter, hunting down and drinking the blood of vampires to get stronger (In a cool way, not a dumb sneaky way).

rofl @ Terra staring at the confederate flag. I love how she gets all offended at Bill's family owning slaves and being surrounded by white people. I also like how the prejudices that the townspeople have for the supernatural and mostly unfounded and disproved, and how they make stupid decisions based on such things. The irony is great.

Jason: For the first time, I can see clear!
Me: I CAN SEE CLEARRRLY NOWWW THE RAIN IS GONEEE

Eurasian
Tue, 10-07-2008, 07:36 PM
"Oh mah God Bill is so hot. masterbatemasterbatemasterbate. Don't discriminate against vampires guys!"
I would too if it was Bill...=P

Sapphire
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
He was hot in like the first two episodes, but now I just feel sorry for him. If he is going to be so mysterious, I'd rather him be dark and brooding than a gentleman. It seems like most of his life he's been pushed around and is relatively week, and he uses what little strength he has to frighten cops and other lowly humans.. Actually I don't like the other vamps in the series either. Eric is quite a snob and is up on himself because he's older than everyone else. "You.. require my presence. It is granted". When all he really is is the manager of some run down strip club. The other vamps are just pathetic.

animus
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
And out of nowhere comes Buffy!

Actually I wouldn't mind if they introduced other supernatural species, though I doubt it. At this point I have no idea where this series is going. Is it gonna be a pseudo-want-to-fuck type of show where Sookie stops herself from getting it put in her pooper by backwater blood drinkers? Or is there a grander purpose instead of a half-assed sex/romance thriller?

Jessper
Wed, 10-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I enjoyed the most recent episode more so than the previous. The story of Bill's life is actually interesting.

Munsu
Wed, 10-08-2008, 08:14 AM
I was kinda hoping they would kill the old hag, but I didn't think they would go for it. The series is now ten times better.

Munsu
Tue, 10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Well, Sunday's episode was great again... though I hated that they spent a whole episode dealing with the death, funeral, etc. But I think the final scenes of the episode more than made up for it.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I didn't think Sookie would actually go and do that... I think she's lost half her mind. Not that I blame her.

Jason's general suckiness makes me want to read the books even more. No way the author wrote him to be this crappy on purpose? Surely it is the show that makes him seem so terrible.

Munsu
Wed, 10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't know, but I like Jason's character... it brings a bit of needed humor to the series.

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Saph, have you read some of the titles of Charlaine Harris' other novels?

[potential spoilers, doesn't seem like they reveal anything necessarily, but playing it safe. Highlight to reveal]Club Dead, Dead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, From Dead to Worse.[end spoilers]

The humor is definitely supposed to be there. She's southern, and the are plenty of people down there (and here in the snobbish Northeast too) that are really that much of white trash. Hell, up here at least, there's worse.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Really Ryl? The Hollows novels have similar plays on words for their titles, but does that necessarily mean it's humorous? :confused: I remember the first few pages of Dead Witch Walking were hilarious, but pretty much the rest is just angst and urban fantasyness. (loveeeee)

lol @ the sex scene with Sookie wtf? For some reason I never wanted to see one. Now all of her pureness is just gone, and that was the only thing she had going for her.

I can't help but like the tones and theme of beauty among urban decay, and evil, and the superstitions and ignorance of the weak. Watching the theme song reminds me of that every time.

A cafeteria dood at my dining hall is just like Lafayette, possibly minus the drug dealing and ability to kick anyone's ass. It makes me smile. I love how he cusses at someone after they leave.

That would be cool if it really WAS a demon possessing her. Ohshiiii Terra would feel sooo bad. (I would too) I with Terra was the main character. Her mother is a good actor.

I bet those hicks just opened up a shitstorm.

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Do any of you guys have any theories for the serial killer? I'm kinda thinking it's the guy that came from Iraq or the son of the lady that likes to snoop... you know the guy that wanted Tru Blood.

I'm waiting for Sookie to find out about her uncle and see wether she'll give Bill hell for it.

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
As soon as I saw the woman who was supposed to exorcise Tara's mother's demon, I knew it would be voodoo. I loved every minute of that. Speaking of the mother, I was also impressed with how convincingly she can act as a horrible drunk. There was the part where she was still sober, loading up her coffee with as much liquor as possible, and she was a completely different person. Very convincing to anyone who has known a serious alcoholic.

I've always thought the serial killer was Sam, and nothing so far has led me to believe otherwise. His behavior has always been really odd around the women who have been murdered. As for the grandmother, perhaps in his sick and twisted mind, he'd hoped that this would make Sookie afraid of Bill enough to hok up with him. He certainly asked Sookie if she wanted to stay with him, and he popped out the bushes after Bill rushed over.

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Yep, Sam has always been my first choice.. but I don't know, I want him to stick around a bit longer since I want to learn if he's a werewolf or some shit, and if so how does it fit into this vampire/human nation. If he was the serial killer, he'll probably be disposed off soon. Maybe he's simply a normal human with a dog fetish.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Anyone else crack up at the Heroes allusion?

Sapphire
Sat, 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM
What?! I could have sworn I'd seen Sam and Dean in the same scene before.

I think the vampire is getting that symptom where he sympathizes with his captors.. lol!

Munsu
Sat, 11-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Stockholm syndrome? And yeah, I've seen them together... maybe there's simply a similar dog around, or someone like him. I thought it was a funny scene... I wasn't expecting it since I didn't think Sam would've gotten there that fast.

For some reason I thought it would be some evil serial killer dog. I'm not so sure Sam is the bad guy as I previously though of him as. But I find it quite curious that the killer killed the cat, and we all know how much dogs like cats.

Sapphire
Sun, 11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Hilarious Vampire video!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItTF8qP3uM&feature=PlayList&p=9C2CB41FFF125A74&index=0&playnext=1)

Foomanchew24
Tue, 11-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Nice video Sapphire...... For some reason I found Tyra to be scarier, especially when she did her impression of the vampire having sex from true blood. Anyways there is a swedish film that has a vampire theme that I have read is really good. It is called "Let the Right One In", thought I would mention it as some may want to go download and watch it.

I guess Sam is not a warewolf but that there are warewolfs. being a changeling doesn't sound all that glamorous if you cant even make yourself to look like someone else, unless Sam was just lieing. Sookie is acting like a big boob pouting all over the place. She's like the whiney anime character that no one likes. And we almost got a looksy at who the killer is...would be nice to wrap that up before the season ends, this show is really terrible(good) at leaving you on a cliff hanger each episode. The season ender will suck(no pun intended, or was there?) in that manner I'm sure.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Sam could have attacked her in the kitchen and then run around to the front to meet Sookie. For now though, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Without any leads anymore, now my bet is on Terry, the Iraq war vet. He talked to Sookie for a while at the beginning of the party, and then completely disappeared for the rest of the episode. He wasn't in any background shots at the time like he usually is. Still, I can't remember if there was any of the previous murders where his whereabouts were accounted for.

I really liked the process of punishment Bill got. The Magistrate is interesting, giving out punishments or reduced sentences based on how much of his boredom after all these years is relieved. There could not be a more perfect punishment for Bill in their eyes, Turning a poor abducted "good Christian" girl. Not to mention it refills their numbers from losing Longshadow.

I agree, Sookie was really obnoxious this episode. Just because Bill got taken away, Sam lied to her, and everyone else is happy, she gets into a bad mood. You can't help but side with Sam on the issue either. Sookie of all people should understand about being strange and different, she's a freaking telepath! Who, in case she has forgotten, is having sex with a vampire. Everyone at Merlott's knows or at least has an inkling that she is one too.

As always though, Layfette is one of the best characters in the episode. I thought he was angry enough to kill Jason, but it looks like he will take it further than that. Speaking of Jason, I wonder what will happen now with him and the psycho bitch. Jason was doing a pretty good job of getting reverse-Stockholm Syndrome these past two episodes.

Munsu
Tue, 11-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Yep, I think it's Terry... he was wearing a black shirt, and I'm pretty sure that the guy in that attacked Sookie was wearing one also.

TwisT
Tue, 11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Well he had semi fluffy/baggy jeans. Not as much as Lafayette but still. Seemed to have a grey, blue or black shirt with short arms. Either like Sam, or a regular t-shirt. And we know it's a white man.

And even though Sam could run around to confort Sookie after her attack, i doubt he could make the sound of someone fleeing from the kitchen at the same time as he has Sookie in his arms.

But then again if you compare the hair and cloths of all the people at the party Sam is the one matching the description best. So i would guess either it's Sam or it's someone that wasn't at the party.

Lafayette is definitely my favorite character in the show. I wonder if Jason is gonna come clean to him about the kidnapping now that the vamp is dead. To make Lafayette know that there isn't coming others to kill him. But then again i don't think Jason has the stones to do it.

Sapphire
Tue, 11-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I loved Sookie's initial reaction. "*drop* shut the fuck up" and the sophisticated magistrate going "get off my shit!"

I am used to Sookie pouting with being a party pooper.. I agree with the anime character line. I am eager to learn about the other creatures in this series.

Ryllharu
Wed, 11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
One thing was bothering me after I thought about it. How in the hell does Sam know about Werewolves? When Sookie asked about it, he had some very strong feelings about the issue, calling werewolves savages and disgusting.

We saw from the flashbacks that Sam was pretty much abandoned by his foster parents. I suppose in that time he could have gotten into contact with the werewolf community, but it doesn't seem like even the vampires know about the werewolves. Sam seems to know a great deal about the secret supernatural communities of the world, both the shapeshifters and the lycanthropes.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Sookie is going to be Turned at some point in the series.

Munsu
Wed, 11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm at least hoping there's more to her psychic powers than simply reading minds... She really sucks in comparison to everything that's out there.

Else, I really hope she gets turned into something just so that she gets a bit stronger. I don't want her depending over and over in other people to defend her, especially with all of them being so overpowered. She stands no chance on her own.

Munsu
Mon, 11-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Great episode last night. We finally learn who the serial killer is. And although he crossed our minds as a possibility, he wasn't really a main suspect. The main thing that always made me think of him as a possiblity was a review some months ago that said that the serial killer was "one of the good guys", and this guy always stuck out for me since he's always doing right by everyone.

Anyways, Sookie sucks as always. And Tara is probably with a vampire.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I was thinking Maryann was a werewolf, don't know why, but it seemed to make sense at the time. Sure, she was dirty like she had been buried in the ground, but she was also naked. Perhaps the pig was food? I'm going to make a wild guess that all the scenes with her are at night to throw us off and make us think she's a vamp.

It might make sense for two reasons.
1) Sam knows about werewolves, and wouldn't have brought them up if they didn't play some role in the series somehow.
2) Sam ran away from home and was left abandoned too, just like Tara. Maryann runs a quote unquote, "halfway house."

Maybe she could smell Sam on Tara?

The stuff with Jessica was a cheap laugh, Bill being unable to control her like a rebellious teenage daughter.

I never could have guessed the true identity of the murderer, not for one second. Totally threw me.

Munsu
Mon, 11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
As I said, I had strong suspicions about him because of a certain review mentioning "You'll be very surprised. He's one of the good guys". Mainly remained quiet about it because there was nothing in the show to make suspect him, so I just couldn't throw his name in here, but surely he was in my radar. Not that I would've ever suspected it by watching the show without outside influence. Good job in making him the killer.

Even so, Terry was my main suspect. And the last episode made me think I was 100% it was him. Well done really.

Now, I hope they do him justice when the explanation of who he is and why he is who he is comes. That's almost always the toughest part when dealing with characters like this.

Eurasian
Mon, 11-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Damn Sam and Sookie!!! Such slutty behaviors!!

I was definitely surprised by the little revelation. I'm assuming next week is the season finale? I hate how short cable tv series are.

animus
Tue, 11-18-2008, 02:32 PM
God, Jessica is annoying.

Sapphire
Tue, 11-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Holy crap! Why does the hot Cuban have to be the murderer? The show did a good ass job leading us on to think it could be the war vet. This show has just gotten so much better too.

And I guess the naked chick with the pig is the social worker? I think she represents another supernatural aspect that we have not learned about yet. But I wonder if she is out to help or hurt Terra? If she is out to hurt Terra, I wonder how Terra would have the strength to defeat her... oh my spoiler finger is itching..

I'm very surprised to see crazy vamp sucker die.. but of course the solution for all moot point bad relationships in Urban Fantasies is death.

The interaction between Bill and his newly turned vamp is hilarious. I love his exasperation and his focus on gaining the upper hand in the situation while still being a gentleman, and the girl's utter disdain from anything representing the restrictions of her old life. If the vamp wasn't so whiny and spoiled (and so easily broken down by Eric) I'd say they would be the perfect couple. I don't think Sooke should be with anyone, and I will continue to agree with the 'she is the anime character no one likes' comparison. I mean Bill was gone for what.. a couple days? A week tops? She didn't bother waiting too long before jumping in the sack with some guy who she's been rejecting for so long... I hope Terra finds out and kicks their asses.. AND STAYS MAD at them for a very long time!

Oh and I love the female vamp that stays by Eric. It was interesting to see Eric just simply over power Bill with just one look.

This is definitely the best urban fantasy book adaptation I've ever seen and possibly one of the best book adaptations I've seen across the board. But then again I never read the novels.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, as much as I'm interested in the novels (Charlainne Harris' books have been recommended to me for a long time, I just didn't bother to learn much about them) since the series started I'm doing my best to stay away from them. Can't even look at the ones that don't have a "A Sookie Stackhouse novel!" sticker on them because I would wonder how much she does crossovers.

I'm going to stick with the theory that Maryann is a werewolf as I detailed in my post above. It just kind of makes a twisted sense to me somehow. Sure, the house doesn't fit the image of werewolves that Sam alluded to, but she was covered in dirt next to a pig, naked in the middle of the road...

Jessica is annoying as hell, and I really didn't expect any other outcome. I just didn't expect it so fast.

rockmanj
Sun, 11-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Cuban? I'm pretty sure Rene is a Creole, in fact, I know he's Creole...anyway, I kind of figured it might be him, since there were only 2 other people at that party with short-sleeved shirts on, and besides Sam, only one guy with a dark shirt on. As for the "why", I'm not sure.

And Sookie is kind of a little whiny bitch at times; like how she acted in the last episode, for example. It's not like Bill left on his on accord; he was escorted away by a bunch of vampires in order to face his punishment for protecting her. Then, she gets mad at him because she's trying to get off with Sam when he pops up, and he's a little pissed. I don't know, but that seems pretty dumb to me. If anyone is in the wrong, its her because 1.) Bill was gone because of her, and if she saw him doing the same, no doubt she would flip out, and 2.) isn't Tara supposed to be her best friend? Anyway, finale tonight; hope I can catch it.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 11-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Aw Fux, Lafayette best not be a goner, he is by far one the more interesting chars in the show. Lot's of good stuff, at least they wrapped up a lot of things and gave us enough to wait for next season, whenever that will be. Someone who has read the book's pm me on the possible demise of Lafayette, I'm not much interested in waiting.

rockmanj
Mon, 11-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I would hope they didn't kill him; that wouldn't make a lick of sense. And lol at Eric and that chick getting rid of Jessica because she's "too annoying" Looking forward to the next season, and Hoping we get to see a lot more of Eric, Lafayette, and Jessica...who is oddly hot.

Sookie kinda sucks, though; she's such a little brat sometimes. And if Sam can turn into other animals, why the freakin' collie? He lives in the bayou! Turn into a gator or some shit(I know he needs imprints or whatever, so...meh)! anyway, not too many complaints...wish I coulda posted earlier in the season, but I just discovered this show over the weekend.

Sapphire
Mon, 11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
This finale was so good. WHY do we have to wait until next summer for more, seriously!? NoooO~

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
IAnd if Sam can turn into other animals, why the freakin' collie? He lives in the bayou! Turn into a gator or some shit(I know he needs imprints or whatever, so...meh)! anyway, not too many complaints...wish I coulda posted earlier in the season, but I just discovered this show over the weekend.
When Sam explained it to Sookie, he told her he needs to be near an animal to attune to it so that he can turn into it. The collie lives with/near him, so it is real easy for him to turn into it. He didn't really have the benefit of a lot of time to find a gator, turn into said gator, and get to Sookie in time with his tiny gator legs. The collie was faster, and time was of the essence.

As much as I'd like to think Lafayette isn't dead, he was gone for two weeks after I assume Bill fed on him. Then again, he is Lafayette, so he could have been on one hell of a bender afterwards. But who knows. He was tossed into Detective Bellefleur's car. Though it saddens me, I can't help but think he is dead.

I too enjoyed where Pam and Eric dumped Jessica off because she's so annoying. She really whored herself out in short order. Strangley hot, but we'll see how truly annoying she can be. We already know she won't drink Tru Blood. I noticed it before, but I also really like how Pam dresses like a vampy slut at the bar (good for business) but in private she wears J. Crew style sweaters and 60s Jackie Kennedy dresses. It is a nice touch to this series.

rockmanj
Mon, 11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Pam's clothes threw me off a lot...I wasn't expecting her to be dressed like a Mary Kay lady.

Paulyboy
Thu, 11-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Saw the episode last night and I have to say im glad there was more action. Also anyone notice how bad ass he sounds? He sounds just like Gambit off of the old X-Men cartoon series, but man to think his accent was fake. He also had an array of vampire sex tapes which was pretty funny and now we gotta wait till the next season :(.

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
New season coming June 14th !! WOOOT

IDK what I was watching last night, but they advertised the upcoming season. I'm more excited about entourage though.

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Nice, i still havent completed the first seasons tho, might save the few eps i have left and watch em in a row when the new season starts to catch me up a little :P

Munsu
Thu, 05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Here's a little something to get us in the mood for Jun 14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLkQnotUD7g

Sapphire
Thu, 05-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I had forgotten how much I hate Sookie. Yeah Sookie, that's right, run alone into that deep dark forest when you live in a world full of vampires and dangerous creepy crawlies. I will sadistically feel pleasure when she experiences the imminent emotional and physical pain that awaits her (because of her stupid conceited actions)!!

Yayyyy can't wait for season 2!!<3

Munsu
Fri, 06-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Just a quick reminder, season 2 starts this Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qufAFY7FL0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An3f6S0CFMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-rUvpGEAYU

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
pretty excited, especially since the only show i'm currently watching on tv regularly is TMZ.

They have a recap of season 1 on HBO's on demand, watched it last week and it refreshed my memory a little. I think it sucks that Lafayette is gone, he brought alot to the show.

itadakimasu
Sun, 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM
That was a great opening episode!

I like how it picks up where the 1st season left off exactly, made me want to rewatch season 1

TwisT
Mon, 06-15-2009, 05:15 AM
HELL YEAH! Lafayette is alive bitches! I just hope they don't show him right now to just have Eric kill him off. But i can't see how they can kill him of since he is the most interesting and awesome character on this show. I think once they will discuss his crime and possible punishment he will get out of it alive. But the vampire that he got his blood from did it voluntary so i think the crime he committed is not of any real significance. Or maybe the only reason they have him is because they are trying to find out what happened to the vampire and they think Lafayette is somehow involved.

And i just love that new vampire Bill sired, Jessica or whatever her name was. She has some big potential to be one of the more entertaining characters on this show. I don't think i have ever liked a spoiled, stuckup and annoying character on any show but she somehow makes it awesome.

As for Jason getting in to this Church of the Sun i just getting the feeling I'm gonna get really annoyed at the whole thing. Hope he snaps out of it in 4-5 episodes. Don't wanna see him like this the whole season.

Just loved how Terry manned up and stood up for his friends and sent those fat fuckers out of the dinner. True Lafayette-spirit.

Maryann and her connection with Sam seem like it will be an interesting thing. I wonder what she is to begin with. And why she has taken an interest in Tara and that other guy. She seem awfully keen on getting them together. And how she slapped that servant for bringing those towels. Maybe she is some kind of creature that feeds on sexual energy. Because she gives of a strong sexual aura. And was Tara and the guy smoking pot? I like Maryann's "free spirit parenting".

And i just love how Eric manhandled and dismembered that redneck after getting the cross in the face. I don't like how crosses work on vampires though. Because that gives credit to the fact that they are the work of the devil and that god hates them. And that makes what the Church of the Sun lectures right. I like that they have weakpoints like sunlight and stuff but stuff that are associate with god like crosses and holy water are not things i would like to be part of it. Would be cool if they explained it like it was a silver cross and they are weak against silver. But i have a feeling they will let it go on as if vampires all weaknesses comes from god related things.

itadakimasu
Mon, 06-15-2009, 09:57 AM
it wasn't the cross that hurt eric, it was the fact that it was made out of silver.

I was glad lafayette was alive too... in the preview for the upcoming episodes he asks eric to turn him into a vampire!!

Munsu
Mon, 06-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Man, Sookie sucks... but that last scene more than made up for it.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM
I think Sookie will make up for it later in the season. The last season was pretty traumatic for her, so I can understand why she was being a twit most of this episode. She still owes Eric a lot, through the arrangement with Bill. I'm sort of wondering why Eric isn't using her to interrogate his captives, but then again she would know most of these people, and she could probably "hear" Lafayette from the basement.

Maryann has a lot of religious idols in her home, I can't help but feel she's trying to be (or actually is) some sort of goddess or something like that. Maybe more like a demon in the end, but one who fancies herself a deity.

rockmanj
Mon, 06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
I agree with all of you, and Anna Pasquin's rack is exquisite! Also, Maryanne seems like a succubus to me, or like something similar. Notice how she got all flustered when Tara and Eggs were about to get it on.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh gawd, epic, epic episode.

I didn't even recognize Lafayette until they showed him a second time. And don't even ask about the redneck dude who killed those vamps. Either way that whole storyline is freaking awesome. Moving prison wat? Sounds like something that you would see in Lost. Either way the fact that Lafayette isn't sorry for anything he did was awesome as well as his expression when fire-redneck tearily admitted to getting a BJ when he was younger.

OF COURSE Eric wouldn't bring morally uptight Sookie to interrogate captive, scared, and feces covered humans. Obviously Eric has enough evidence to not need her anyway.

Sookie - the main character remains the most annoying character in the entire series, the only words spoken to her boyfriend being whines about this or that: "OMG my boyfriend killed my pedophile uncle who violated me in my weak and defenseless childhood years! I never expected that to happen!" Being a straight girl and all, I didn't get anything from the naked-sookie-yay-boobies sex scene... Moar Eric fanservice please! (Would not oppose to Pam-service either [Pam-service being Pam standing around in high class clothing looking sophisticated])

Terra and Guitar Boy's caregiver is obviously a succubus of some sort. I guessing the servant was that random warthog she was standing next to. I guess warthog-servant blocked the kiss as a passive aggressive act against succubus?

So the only mystery that remains is who ripped voodoo ladies heart out..

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-16-2009, 03:30 PM
have you seen where the guy who plays eric is going to be Thor >?

Munsu
Tue, 06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
He's out of the running, Chris Hemsworth is going to be Thor. You may have seen him as Kirk's dad in Star Trek.

itadakimasu
Wed, 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
oh... IMDB said he was going to be thor. I found it because I was looking for iron man 2 release estimate and was like... wtf is SL Jackson doing ?! I thought Nick Fury was white, but I welcome SL to bring it on.

rockmanj
Wed, 06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
oh... IMDB said he was going to be thor. I found it because I was looking for iron man 2 release estimate and was like... wtf is SL Jackson doing ?! I thought Nick Fury was white, but I welcome SL to bring it on.

Its based on Ultimate Nick Fury, which is in turn based on Samuel L.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:i_ycq3UBLLFP5M:http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctmovies/upload/2009/02/nickfury.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury

But ill get back on topic....

I do wonder what in the hell Maryanne wants with Sam...maybe she had his baby or something, and she's after that child support.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
This episode was so badass I'm gunna watch it again

Penner
Wed, 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Hell yeah, this second season is looking to get fucking crazy!

darkmetal505
Wed, 06-24-2009, 10:42 PM
So we know Maryann is lustful and gluttonus. Lafayette is a vamp now, badass. They're trying to train Jason to become a vampire killer? Not sure what that whole Fellowship of the Sun is trying to do though.

Munsu
Sat, 06-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Just watched the second episode and it was completely badass. I'm waiting for Jason to start fucking some chicks over at the camp... maybe the wife.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, maybe the wife, or the singer who gave him a look. XD

Next ep tomorrow! Woo!!

Penner
Mon, 06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah!, Lafayette is free, and Sookie got attacked by Manbearpig, omg, im totally serial!

Dallas Roadtrip!

Sapphire
Mon, 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Horrible texas accents here we go!

Munsu
Wed, 07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Last episode was pretty good. Looks like he'll end up banging the wife, she clearly has the hots for him. A bit dissapointed that Lafayette didn't get turned. What's the deal with the new waitress and the scratch on her back... seems similar to the injury Sookie had.

Next episode looks badass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBayL9QEFLA

Heard that the show might be taking a one week break, anyone heard anything about it?

Foomanchew24
Thu, 07-02-2009, 12:44 AM
TV.com has the next episode airing on the 5th of July. I was also thinking that Jason was going to hook up with the preachers wife, and then shamelessly leave the Jesus boot camp. Too bad Lafayette didn't get turned he would have made one bad ass gay vampire. Would have also been one hell of a minority.

Munsu
Thu, 07-02-2009, 05:28 AM
TV.com has the next episode airing on the 5th of July. I was also thinking that Jason was going to hook up with the preachers wife, and then shamelessly leave the Jesus boot camp. Too bad Lafayette didn't get turned he would have made one bad ass gay vampire. Would have also been one hell of a minority.
And epguides.com too. But if you go to HBO's site and schedule, I don't see it, then I went and checked the guide from my cable box and it says they'll be airing last week's episode.

This might be a 4th of July thing.

Sapphire
Thu, 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Damn! I don't wanna wait that long. :(

Penner
Thu, 07-02-2009, 02:19 PM
For fucks sake i hate it when they delay shows i like, if they are afraid some holiday shit will affect their ratings because people are out doing whatever, then just air it on regular time for the fans that really want to watch then air it again like a day or two later so the "rest" can watch it then -.-

itadakimasu
Thu, 07-02-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm going out on a limb to guess that the think that attacked Sookie is really Maryanne. I could be totally wrong though.

Also, Is Lafayette a vamp? I'm pretty confused. I was thinking he'd either A) Be Dead, or B) be buried in the process of turning him into a vamp.

They left off w\ eric and company biting him... didn't show them giving him any blood to heal his wounds or anything.

I liked how Eric jumped in real fast to offer Sookie his blood ^^

Foomanchew24
Thu, 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I really like how Eric gives Bill shit. Thier relationship kind of reminds me of House and Wilson on "House". I'm leaning towards maryann being the beast that attact Sookie due to the roommate offer Sookie made towards Terra, still clueless as to what Maryann's is and what her strange motives may be. Definately willing to watch and find out though.

Munsu
Thu, 07-02-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't think Maryanne is the demon, but maybe she's the demon's boss.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-03-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm going out on a limb to guess that the think that attacked Sookie is really Maryanne. I could be totally wrong though.

Also, Is Lafayette a vamp? I'm pretty confused. I was thinking he'd either A) Be Dead, or B) be buried in the process of turning him into a vamp.

They left off w\ eric and company biting him... didn't show them giving him any blood to heal his wounds or anything.

I liked how Eric jumped in real fast to offer Sookie his blood ^^

I guess they just wanted to feed of off him. They didn't show anything else in the vampire-making process that needs to happen. And Eric/Bill/Sookie is pretty hilarious; "Suck my blood Sookie, its stronger <3" hahaha

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circe think about it...

Penner
Mon, 07-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Oi oi! New ep out!

itadakimasu
Mon, 07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circe think about it...

Good find rockman... my dad sometimes makes jokes about how much I hated the Odyssey. I was assigned to read it in 7th grade and I just had so much trouble reading that old-language babble.

Last nights ep was awesome! I lmao'd @ the revived Lafayette. Things are picking up though for sure. It looked like Tara finally was under maryanne's spell.

Sapphire
Mon, 07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Awesome ep! I have to wait another week for the next one? No!!!!

darkmetal505
Tue, 07-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Daphne a shafeshifter, nice. Did anyone else laugh at that line "Nice rack." "Nice balls." haha

The one thing I don't like is Jason going all gung-ho on this killing vampires thing so easily and since Sookie is going to the church, he's obviously going to blow her cover. Which makes me think somehow Bill will show up and Jason will face a dilemma.

That vamp at the end of the episode, was it Bill's maker? If so, that's hot.

Penner
Tue, 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Nice to see some old swedish/norwegian viking stuff with Eric ;P

And seriously.. that little wimp is Godric?
From that name alone i was expecting some giant dude with a beard and shit, not a little teenage-looking tribal dude.. major dissapointment.

Sapphire
Sat, 07-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Old Tara
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsnG8743oxU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neoseeker.com%2Fforums%2F49% 2Ft1233433-true-blood%2F6.htm&feature=player_embedded)
New Tara (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQvHfFyoVyc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neoseeker.com%2Fforums%2F49% 2Ft1233433-true-blood%2F6.htm&feature=player_embedded)

--

Fake blog (http://bloodcopy.com/)

Fake Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/BloodCopyCom)

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Daphne had me going for a minute there. Sookie almost died from Maryann's poison, but with last week's episode Daphne and Sam admitted their metabolism isn't quite normal (regular temperature of 100°F) I almost believed that she had just been innocently attacked. Like their specific non-human metabolism let her burn it out...if just barely.

Then she turned into the pig.

Sarah (the preacher's wife) surprised me though. I had figured her to be the more zealous of the two, but it turns out she is a lot more kind hearted than she initially appeared. Jason could have been the bigger man, and really gone for that (temporary) abstinence, but he really wouldn't be Jason if he had.

Jessica looked prettier than normal in this episode. That little romance side story is kind of sweet. At least for her sake, I hope it stays that way.

Penner
Tue, 07-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Yup, i wonder who is going to save Sam, Tara and the rest of the crew from Maryanne now tho, i got the feeling that whatever happened back at the place in the woods where Eggs had been before is going to happen where they are now..

And i'm still abit curious how the Fellowship of the Sun managed to capture the 2000year old Godric fella...

Sapphire
Tue, 07-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Lorena is totally raping Bill right now, lol. Lorena's sort of cool, in a 0 morality pitiful, yet evil woman sort of way.

Also about Daphne, I still think that Marianne could be controlling Daph through the scratch on her back. Hopefully that is so. But then again her eyes weren't black so I have no idea. Then again that relationship was too good to be true anyway so Daphne will probably end up kicking the bucket.

I also wonder why the veteran was all awkward around red head at the restaurant? I'm waiting for the Jason-Sookie confrontation, that will be interesting. Maybe The Lukinator will be involved.

PS: I like Sookie much more than I did before, for some reason. Maybe she has matured. Maybe she's growing on me.

TwisT
Tue, 07-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Shits starting to get out of control now. This almost starts to feel like it's the end of the season with all the crazy shit going on. But then you look at it and realize it's only episode 6.

Penner
Tue, 07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I hope they manage to break Godric free and he goes on a slaughterfest through the Fellowship of the Sun camp... but thats just wishful thinking.

Still, that would be a sweet bloody mess ;D

darkmetal505
Tue, 07-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Maryanne could be : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad

So if Daphne can shapeshift into different animals, can Sam? It would awesome to see him try and shift into a tiger or something awesome and tear everyone apart.

Now we just need to find out who the traitor is. Cowboy hat vamp? Maybe it is Hugo himself....

Penner
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Made me laugh (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=286)

Sapphire
Mon, 08-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Oh gawd. This is the sexiest most awesome show on television right now. fdsjdflsfjdlsjkdf

darkmetal505
Mon, 08-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Shit that was crazy. I guessing only vampires can stand up to Maryanne. Daphne got pwned, haha.

Penner
Mon, 08-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Hah, Andy walkin in to the bar calling everyone zombie devil worshippers and whatnot, hilarious!

Sapphire
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Shit that was crazy. I guessing only vampires can stand up to Maryanne. Daphne got pwned, haha.
Would it be pwned? She seemed happy to get stabbed

Also, vamps might have a hard time even, if she can control slews of normals. Imagine sixty crazy people with silver necklaces and bullets. Could be a threat worse than fellowship of the sun because they have no fear.

Also Andy is a supernatural HWAHAHWHAHWHA!! I loved the scene where he confronted the restaurant. I mean, I have never seen such a wild eyed frenzied man with such sheer, heartbreaking determination.

itadakimasu
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:10 PM
that was an awesome ep. Sapphire, you beat me to it about Andy being a supernatural ! I wonder what his deal is...

In one of the flashbacks, Bill was reading a book of greek gods, so I'm wondering if he;s maybe got a way to kill maryanne?

Foomanchew24
Mon, 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Did True Blood pull a swift one on us and change the actor for Godric, or did we see a different Vamp come to the rescue. I kind of liked the little island guy/actor who was in the flash back the new guy looks meh. Killing off daphne....such a waste of nice looking talent. If Andy turns out to be supernatural I hope its something retarded so as not to inflate his strange sense of ego. Lastly I feel really bad for the other telepath who got snatched at the end, hopefully he'll be ok, he was only trying to help out.

Penner
Tue, 08-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Ye i also thought that Godric looked different, if that was him.

Sapphire
Tue, 08-04-2009, 12:43 AM
I also thought that Godric looked different, but I didn't really mention this because we only saw a close-up of him in the dark, really. The Godric we saw before looked dark, gaunt, and a little disheveled, but I feel like it helped with the sense he was covered in blood and darkness. We can't really tell how young he is and at that point it doesn't matter. He has been aged more than we will ever know with decades of bloodshed and experience.

Now we see him a bit cleaned up, yet still with the tattoos of ancient times of his body, and we finally realize how "young" he really is.

So that he looks completely different may be somewhat intentional.. or a really clever actor switch.

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-04-2009, 03:36 AM
It was the same actor. The face is the same, but the short crop haircut and baggy clothes make him look completely different from when he's running around viking times wearing a loincloth with mud-caked dreadlocks. The short haircut makes his forehead (and head in general) much larger. The low camera angle doesn't help either.

Here I figured partway through the episode that Andy was immune because he was so incredibly drunk. Terry is affected, so whatever Andy is, it isn't hereditary, and it's more like Sookie or Sam.

Jason, Jason, Jason...moron, but still a good person. Sarah, on the other hand, is nuts. That conversation the two had after sex was just strange.

Sapphire
Tue, 08-04-2009, 04:35 AM
I have to know what Andy is, but I can't bring myself to read spoilers! I can only hope that it will be revealed this seasonnnnn

itadakimasu
Tue, 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
anybody know how many episodes this season is supposed to run?

Penner
Tue, 08-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Taken from Wikipedia.

The show's second 12-episode season premiered on June 14, 2009. On July 30, 2009, HBO confirmed that a third season of True Blood will be released in the summer of 2010. Alan Ball has said that he plans to start shooting the third season before Christmas 2009.

Bummer its only 12 eps?

Also, yay Season 3!

Edit:

Thought i'd add this

On July 30, 2009, HBO announced that it had renewed True Blood for a third season, set to air Summer 2010.

darkmetal505
Tue, 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure if Andy is anything special. Seeing as how Godric saved Sookie and looked unharmed makes me think he went to the Fellowship voluntarily, maybe with his own agenda. I also think that Hugo's betrayal was commanded by his vampire because she wanted Godric's position.

TwisT
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:15 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2956731/

Yes it was indeed the same actor. If you look at his photo you see it's the same guy that was in this weeks episode, and he is the one listed as Godric in last weeks episode too.

I don't really know if this counts as a spoiler (don't think it would) or not but i'm gonna give you a warning anyway. WARNING! If you look at IMDB you can see that he will star in the next 3 episodes as Godric as well. So we can expect at least 3 more episode where we get to see him at least.

EDIT: Also Maryann has been called many names though time including Satan? Would that make her the ultimate supernatural being. Would she be able to take on someone like Godric for example and be vastly superior? Or is she just a strong supernatural but not top of the food chain? One that has been called/mistaken/believed to be that just because of her bullmask and shit and is not the source to the legend of Satan?

Kusanagi
Wed, 08-05-2009, 12:50 AM
I believe Darkmetal hit it on the money when he called Maryann a Maenad (spelling?). That little blond girl went on how Maryann used to serve Dionysis (again, spelling?) and how Dionysis was called "the horned god" aka Satan. I believe she went on to further explain how the ancient Greeks believed she was his servant. I'll hafta rewatch the ep tho.

And Godric showed up, looked completely uninjured, and just merely upset that his plan just got ruined because Sookie went and almost got herself raped. I think Godric allowed himself to be captured and was hatching some kind of genius plan, or insane plan.

Penner
Thu, 08-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Heres a little news tidbit :P (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Anna-Paquin-Stephen-1008700.aspx)

Sapphire
Thu, 08-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Oh snaps!

I love the comment, "Eric is going to be so pissed.."

itadakimasu
Mon, 08-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Last nights episode was really good. Goderick proves to be an awesome charactor, and once again another insane cliff hanger!

darkmetal505
Mon, 08-10-2009, 12:02 PM
The vamps are gunna whoop ass on Maryanne when they get back to Bon Temps. That scene with the "heart" souffle was creepy as hell. The ending wasn't that big of a deal for me because it seems like the nearest vampire could grab the lackey and chuck him out the window.

Penner
Mon, 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah the scenes where she cut/cooked and when they ate the souffle was fuckin creepy.

And if the bomb did go off at the end, this shit just got real.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Poor Jessica...

Goderick was uber badass in so many ways. Not to mention Jason for that matter, despite his typical role as comedy relief. Luke is and always will be just a pathetic tool of others.

I think the best part for me was when Eric was pretending to be a timid loser.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 08-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Eric as the nerdy texan was great especially since i have not seen him act in anything else. Im getting tired of the whole MaryAnn story line I hope Sam or some one kills her off, but not till we learn what her objectives are. If they are just to stir things up then she will turn out to be a pretty lame charachter overall. Godric's character is pretty cool, at the end of the last episode his character looked much bigger but in this episode he looked like I had thought he would. Lastly you gotta love having a stalker exgirlfriend that will never die...ugh, poor Bill.

Kusanagi
Wed, 08-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I think the deal with MaryAnn is that she must feed, apparently on the hearts of "super-natural" humans in order to sustain her longevity. That's why I think she was after Sam and why she killed off blondie. I seem to recall after the night she almost got Sam, she returned to the house and her legs looked severely damaged and she looked injured.

Sapphire
Wed, 08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
That would be very interesting if it was true, would also add a spin to the murder of the voodoo witch even though she was apparently a fake!

But maybe it's just some sick fetish. Didn't she feed the hearts to Tara and Eggs and then happily watch them freak out?

Penner
Wed, 08-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I think she "feeds" on other peoples emotions, or something similar.

Thats why she gets everyone into a sex-crazed frenzy all the time but she herself never actually participates, she just dances around like some weirdo and does her "vibration" thing.

Sapphire
Wed, 08-12-2009, 05:39 PM
What do you think she does with the hearts?

Maybe eating a supernaturals heart gives you +ten erotica to leech off of? LOL

Sapphire
Thu, 08-13-2009, 10:17 PM
One thing I can't wrap my head around...

...Why do you think the old fat guy said to Godric, "Godric, it's me" before he got killed? As if they were friends or something?

Penner
Fri, 08-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Yeah i noticed that aswell and i have no idea why he said that, it's pretty confusing.

I hope that will explain itself in some way along the series.

darkmetal505
Fri, 08-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I think its because Godric made some deal with the Fellowship when he went in and probably met the higher ups. Newlan also said something like "Oh, I don't care about Godric, any vamprie will do," which made me think they had sat down and talked before.

Sapphire
Fri, 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
That sounds very likely, but why would Godric agree to be held in captivity? And what would the fellowship tell him to keep him there?!

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Godric said to Eric that he could have easily killed all of them in two minutes, but he has since decided that he wants to show humans that vampires can be more than the soulless killers that humans generally percieve them to be.

By playing nice and negotiating, Godric was showing them that vampires are civil. They mostly treated him nicely in response.

Sapphire
Mon, 08-17-2009, 01:29 AM
No one seemed that traumatized after the bombing.. in fact, it was slightly humorous lol!!

Also I'm a bit confused!! Half the time sucking blood (even a drop) gets you high as hell and half of the time it doesn't??? Need logical explanation please..

Naked Eric is HOT!! Yum fan serviceee

Kusanagi
Mon, 08-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Sad that Godric burned, I had kind of wanted to see him fight Maryann. Although I don't know why, he probably wouldn't have gone to Bon Temps for any reason anyway.

But now that the hunt for Sam is on, and Lafayette has pissed Maryann off, I really don't know how they can get past this part without a vampire to help.

itadakimasu
Mon, 08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I think all they've showed is Sookie healing as a result of drinking blood. They haven't shown her getting high like Jason.

This was an awesome episode! I liked how Eric tricked Sookie.... he's sneaky ^^

Sapphire
Mon, 08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I think all they've showed is Sookie healing as a result of drinking blood. They haven't shown her getting high like Jason.
Yeah and Lafayette gets high, Jason's ex got high, those vampire traders got high and anyone else who deals in vamp blood gets high...

Also we saw no particular sexual attraction to Lafayette to Eric lol... that's understandable though I guess since he's just a side char. Here's a question. Are vamps sexually attracted to their makers?

darkmetal505
Mon, 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I wish the story around Maryanne would hurry up and end. I felt like this episode would've made a much better finale.

Eric crying really showed the bond between maker and vampire. Almost parent-like.

I think Maryanne is probably the last Maenad and just longs for Dionysus.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Seriously, Maryann can't be killed fast enough.

I don't even care who does it.

She's a really good actress though. Her desperation and longing when she was talking about the monks really came through. You could feel how obsessive she is about feeling that, how much bliss it gives her channeling through her puppets. She doesn't feed off the chaos and lust out of sustinence, she worships it.

I hope Andy gets to do it. For whatever reason he isn't really affected, and he could use a chance to show off after getting humiliated for one and a half seasons.

Godric's death made me sad, but the love scene with Eric made me laugh.

Sapphire
Mon, 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Eric is turning into a big softy seriously. From giddily cuddling to openly sobbing in public in like two episodes. Ugh. He was much more sexy when he was cold and ruthless... yay for nakedness though LOL

I feel sorry for Bill but then again he's always seemed like sort of a pushover. I liked it when he punched Eric though.

So who thinks Sookie will actually hook up with Eric eventually?

Penner
Mon, 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Finally a 720p hd release! w0000!

darkmetal505
Mon, 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Vamp royalty? Hope he/she tears Maryanne a new one. LOL at Sam. "SMITE ME!"

Sapphire
Mon, 08-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I feel like nothing happened in this ep except buildup haha

Kusanagi
Tue, 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I feel like nothing happened in this ep except buildup haha

Can't agree more. As for who the Queen is, is it Nan Flanagan? or (for an odd plot twist) is it Bill's maker?

Penner
Tue, 08-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Just from the way the other vampires treated Bill's maker there is no way she can be the Vampire Queen.

Yeah, this ep was mostly buildup ;P

Penner
Mon, 08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh motherfuckin snap, they can go BATFORM!

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-31-2009, 04:07 PM
The Queen was pretty awesome, and Eric being...Eric is funny as always, but I'm starting to get fed up with this Maryann shit. They should have ended all this episodes ago, but they've dragged it all the way out to the end of the season. It's kind of become unbalanced with how slow the Maryann story has been going while they finished a number of other stories. I complained about it last time, and it's just gotten more annoying that she's still around and winning so easily.

She has just been around too damn long.

...and Jessica got the short end of the stick again, even though Hoyt's mom deserved it.

Penner
Tue, 09-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Ahh, forgot to add, Maryann laid a fucking egg?

Sapphire
Tue, 09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
There was a lot of random facts introduced. Sookie has a cousin what? Another buildup ep.

I miss the OHHHHH SHIIIIIIITTT, SHITS GOIN' DOWNNNN episodes. Hopefully next ep bings back satisfation.

Penner
Tue, 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Shit is about to go down with Jason and Andy going all Army of Two!

darkmetal505
Tue, 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Holy crap, I forgot that Tara went bug eyed during her demon removal. Some gems of the episode:

1) Tara saying the bug eyes don't work on her anymore. Maryanne proceeds to punch her right in the face.

2) Eric flying?

3) Andy and Jason's alpha-male talk and going all gung-ho.

I kind of feel scared for Arlene's kids now.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-01-2009, 03:19 PM
1) Tara saying the bug eyes don't work on her anymore. Maryanne proceeds to punch her right in the face.

2) Eric flying?.I do have to give credit to Maryann for that one. Tara was stupid, and totally deserved that one.

I assumed Eric just jumped, but far enough that he landed out of sight of the kids. I wouldn't be too worried about the kids. Eric likes kids in a similarly detached way that Pam hates them. He finds them curiously amusing, Pam finds them mysteriously revolting. But who knows, maybe the mighty viking even had kids of his own first?

Penner
Tue, 09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I think Eric flew, i also think Bill flew because when he "landed" infront of Sam i got the impression he came from above, and i'm also quite sure i heard bat-noises at that moment.

Or it might just be my mind playing tricks on me :P

rockmanj
Tue, 09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't know about Bill, but it was said somewhere that Eric can indeed fly.

Sapphire
Tue, 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Tara does have a point though. It's sort of retarded that Sookie can go running into danger any time she wants, but she forces Tara to stay chained.

Munsu
Sat, 09-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Tara does have a point though. It's sort of retarded that Sookie can go running into danger any time she wants, but she forces Tara to stay chained.
The difference is that Sookie at least has her telepathic powers and Bill (and other Vampires) behind her to help and support her. What Tara is doing was going against an opponnent that even Vampires have trouble with, and she had ZERO means of protecting herself. Not really the same thing, particularly when there was already a plan in motion to safe the people. They just had to wait a bit.

Just caught up to episode 11, season finale tomorrow. Can't wait. Do we have one more orgy in on us?

Sapphire
Sat, 09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, but there are times when Sookie's telepathic powers do nothing but thrust her into danger (when she first met Bill, when she volunteered to go into Church of the Sun). I don't know if the Vampires even care about Maenads, Maenad seemed to pose no threat to them and there was no acknowledgment that the vamps even cared about Maenad-lady/knew she existed until like one episode ago lol. If they keep their fangs out of Marianne then they would be fine, but of course that could cause competition for a food source..

Of course Tara was stupid for running into danger, but at the same time Sookie has no right to chain her IMO.. It was even weirder when Sookie threw her the keys. As if Tara's mom would really shoot her if she didn't? My hatred for Sookie has gone up again!

The last two episodes seem to be build up episodes, with nothing wtf-epic really happening. I hope that the finale goes back to the wtf-epic mode that was previously in!

Munsu
Sat, 09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Meh, I think you're just looking at things to hate irrationally, but it's fine. The situations really don't compare with each other, and if the roles where reversed, Sookie would've been chained herself. Also, it wasn't solely Sookie who decided to chain her. And, the mother is fully capable of shooting Sookie. It doesn't have to be a killing shot, plus she's completely nuts.

As for the vamps not caring about Maenands, it doesn't negate the fact that vampires would have a lot of trouble fighting her; there's a reason why they aren't going after her without preparation and needed help from the Queen to figure out how to deal with her. She's immortal, can't be harmed, and she can control just about the complete town. Tara herself was just possessed by her, she had no means to rescue the dude.

Sapphire
Sat, 09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't think that Sookie would have been chained. There is no evidence that Sookie would ever be restrained by anyone if she were to decide she wanted to plunge into danger. Sure, Bill might try to convince her, but he would never physically prevent her from doing what she wanted to do. If he did she would never forgive him, and I think he cares more about her approval than her safety at times.. As evident by all the times he either tried to go behind her back to prevent her from danger or meekly convince her not to go.

Laff and Tara's mom were of course a part of Tara's jailing, but I don't see them as hypocrites because they don't go mindlessly running into danger themselves. Especially Laffayette, who does everything in his own self interest and sure as hell will try to make sure he's protected somehow before he sticks his neck out.

I think there's a difference between caring about the Maenads and being able to defeat them. It's apparently a lot harder to kill your average Maenad than a vampire, but both would be equally futile to attempt to kill if you didn't have the knowledge about their weak points. The only direct confrontation/trouble we've seen between vamps and Maenads is Bill's stupidly ignorant attempt to drain her blood. Even before the audience found out it was no good I thought this was a stupid thing to do. Either way that probably wouldn't stop Sookie from plunging herself into danger to protect a loved one (she did it for Godric, who she didn't even know too).

Munsu
Sat, 09-12-2009, 11:37 AM
The problem is not about putting yourself in danger. The problem is that in all those cases you mention, Sookie was either the only one capable of helping or the most capable to succeed. Tara, in this situation, was neither of those. In fact, it was quite the opposite... she going would make things worse.

As for Laff, well he and her mom went and took Tara initially from Maryanne, so they're quite capable of putting themselves in danger to save someone. Isn't that what he's doing with Sookie right now? So, he's no hypocrite?

Again, it's not about putting yourself in danger for someone you care about or not. It's if under the circumstances, does it make sense to do so. In Sookie's cases, for the most part, the circumstances made it so that she's the one that it made sense in some fashion to put herself in harms way. There's no way to rationalize Tara putting herself in danger this time around.

And I said, Sookie has had either Bill's or some other vamp's protection... which in some regard lessens the risk. Tara really has no one to protect her. The situations are really not the same.

darkmetal505
Sat, 09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Here is something interesting to think about: the way Maryanne protected herself from the bullet. I originally thought her immortality was more along the lines of super healing and never aging like the vampires. Rather, she deflected the bullet showing she can physically alter her surroundings. Would this power be an extension of the "I think it, therefore it exists" paradigm the Queen explained or the physical power of a Maenad? It seems to be a very convenient/potent power if one can just believe something and it manifests itself. Then again, the Queen did say Maryanne is extremely obsessed and ignorant to a degree that she doesn't conceive the laws of physics as other creatures.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Would this power be an extension of the "I think it, therefore it exists" paradigm the Queen explained or the physical power of a Maenad? It seems to be a very convenient/potent power if one can just believe something and it manifests itself. Then again, the Queen did say Maryanne is extremely obsessed and ignorant to a degree that she doesn't conceive the laws of physics as other creatures.
The Queen also alluded that they were ultimately harmless because after all the havoc they cause, Maenads just kill themselves off in the end, once they are convinced that "He who comes," indeed comes and eats them or whatever. To vampires (along with other supernaturals) they really don't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

To supernaturals who capture a Maenad's attention, and to the human friends of the supernaturals, they are a bigger deal.

Their power is all about delusion, and their downfall, according to the Queen, is as well.

Sapphire
Sat, 09-12-2009, 05:44 PM
As for Laff, well he and her mom went and took Tara initially from Maryanne, so they're quite capable of putting themselves in danger to save someone. Isn't that what he's doing with Sookie right now? So, he's no hypocrite?
I think that Laff didn't know what he was getting into, since he called Maryanne a cold ass bitch. XD

Also I don't see how telepathy gives you protection against supernatural creatures at all, especially since apparently Sookie can't read the minds of half the vampires in the show.. I also don't understand how it made more sense for her to thrust herself into dangerous situations anymore than Tara.

I also maintain that vampires have done almost nothing to protect her unless you count the time someone killed the spy she was interrogating, she smack talked to Bill's ex, and she was attacked in the forest - all circumstances in which she was expecting no protection from anyone whatsoever (she's that egotistical) At all accounts she almost got brutally murdered. In this case Maryanne didn't seem to want to harm Tara - LOL!!

Actually there was one time Sookie whined to Bill about not coming to save her (Bill was God knows far away - nevermind, vampires can suddenly fly - or is that only Eric?), but that's her own fault for going into enemy grounds with no protection whatsoever.. (la de da de da they'll NEVER know who I am!)

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Also I don't see how telepathy gives you protection against supernatural creatures at all, especially since apparently Sookie can't read the minds of half the vampires in the show..

I also maintain that vampires have done almost nothing to protect her unless you count the time someone killed the spy she was interrogating, she smack talked to Bill's ex, and she was attacked in the forest - all circumstances in which she was expecting no protection from anyone whatsoever (she's that egotistical) At all accounts she almost got brutally murdered.
Sookie is one thing, valuable. The overwhelming majority of supernaturals have no idea that telepaths even exist. We don't really know how many of the highest level of vampires know they exist, and for the most part, we only knew that Bill and Eric did, and both of them want Sookie's ability for themselves (Bill to keep her out of harm's way, and Eric for his own purposes).

That's the kind of protection she is granted. Except for vampires, she has been able to read the mind of anything. In the case of Maryann, she couldn't understand it, but she heard it. Even Maryann doesn't want to hurt Sookie directly thus far because again, Sookie is a curiosity of the highest order.

Sapphire
Sat, 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I see Sookie as more of a valuable chess piece that vamps can put at risk by proxy than something more than that, from the way Eric puts her in risky situations (his protection is variable). Of course that might change if Eric actually starts up a relationship with Sookie.

..ew

Also where is the evidence that the majority of supernaturals don't know telepaths exist? If that was mentioned in an ep I don't remember it.. It is my understanding that supernatural people (especially immortal ones) would know about mindreading especially if they can glamour people. The difficulty is coming across a telepath since they just appear like normal humans and can blend into society. The difficulty is they are so rare of course if you happened to suck ones blood you wouldn't know what it tasted like. The vamps probably couldn't tell a shapeshifter by sight, unless they had a distinct taste and the vamps knew it. Eric probably didn't appear surprised because he has no use for a shapeshifter. And if he knew all along that Sam was a shapeshifter then I call bad writing because I have never seen Eric and Sam in a scene together. :/

Let's assume Maryanne knows Sookie is supernatural because she bothered scratching her in the first place. I would say that is directly hurting her since she nearly died. I think the only reason Maryanne didn't attain her last ep is because Sookie pushed her away. Even then Maryanne wouldn't care because she thinks she's immortal. Pain, defeat, and "ravagement" are awesome to Maryanne, even if it's directed at herself.

I have NO idea what Maryanne's priorities are and who she decides not to kill and why, but so far she only kills once their use is used up/she want their heart. Her curiosity has been sparked by Sam but she wants to kill him lol. I don't remember if she stated that she was curious in Sookie, and why that would mean she wouldn't want to hurt her.

From the way Maryanne acts she would probably sacrifice/enslave Sookie at the first chance she got. The only reason she let them go away is because of her ego, and immortal patience. She could easily take a whole town under her control and over time she prolly thinks she would have Sookie under her control too. And Maryanne seems to be the type who would revel in the long drawn out chase (she invested quite a lot of time in Tara for example). The fact that Maryanne didn't bother kidnapping Sookie but instead just let her lie in the forest for an X amount of time also shows Maryanne's ability to be patient.
--------------
"But when he got there, he saw the black eyes and stayed (similar to the first encounter of Sookie with Bill). Laff is going after her once again."

^^Very true, I forgot about that!

Sapphire
Mon, 09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
I'll make Munsu happy by foregoing my myriad of complaints about Sookie, and take a break from critisizing her character until next season.

All together this was a well rounded and entertaining finale, satisfying me as an audience member while at the same time throwing me some interesting tidbits to get me to look forward to next season. Well done to TB!

Penner
Mon, 09-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Great stuff, lookin' forward to season 3!

itadakimasu
Mon, 09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
All together this was a well rounded and entertaining finale, satisfying me as an audience member while at the same time throwing me some interesting tidbits to get me to look forward to next season. Well done to TB!
+1

I thought it was a great ep. They spent as much time setting up next season as they did wrapping up this season. I'm curious what Sam is going to find next season... and my wife thinks that Eric was the one who took Bill

Sapphire
Mon, 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
I think that Eric may have taken Bill too, but I also feel like True Blood is just making us think that to prove us wrong later.

There is also something off about using silver to capture him. Eric himself seems to be someone with too much pride to use such underhanded methods against his own kind. Of course, he tricked Sookie into sucking his blood, but that was more of an intellectual/clever trick than something so crude. I could be entirely wrong though.

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
The assailant was wearing gloves. While that wouldn't normally be an indicator, a vampire would especially need to wear protection when subduing another vampire. While Eric is more powerful by several centuries, Bill has defied him before, so he must be at least somewhat confident in his own abilities. I don't think Eric has that kind of pride. He's more than willing to use a method which would appear like someone else did it. In any case, there isn't even any evidence that silver was used (since it and Bill went with the assailant).

Then again, it could be whatsherface. She was exiled from Godric's territory, but that doesn't mean she still won't try to win Bill back. She seemed too obsessed with him and sad to give up without another fight.

I'm more worried about Jessica backsliding. Particularly after she and Bill seemed to be understanding each other. Hoyt definitely screwed up by abandoning her after she gave his mother exactly what she deserved.

Sapphire
Mon, 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Hmm I see the whole attack a different way.

Of course in vampire world it's probably different but I think sinking your teeth into the mother of your boyfriend (and draining her blood) for shit talking to you (while posessed) is going way overboard lol. Hoyt had every right to be angry about his mother getting attacked; it's his mother - no matter how exasperating - after all. Jessica was going even more overboard by just making out with some guy and "blood-raping" him. I wouldn't forgive her for that if I was Hoyt. She'll probably blame it on "new vampire hormones" when she's inevitably found out.

Munsu
Thu, 06-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, are we ready for more True Blood? Show returns on Sunday next week, the 13th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12xKVQdooPg

May I say it looks mighty fine?

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome!!!
I think I need to re-watch season 2 to refresh my memory.

Sapphire
Thu, 06-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I realized that I have no idea how much I'd just been spoiled after about halfway through the video, but I just couldn't stop. Time to get ready for some ultimate decadence.

Penner
Thu, 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
From what i've read in interviews and whatnot, the "true" werewolfs in true blood are pretty much just wolves when they are not in human form, which i fucking hate. /sadface

I have always and will always think of the giant bipedal killingmachine of awesomeness when i hear "Werewolf", not a regular wolf or a slightly bigger wolf.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm okay with the werewolf = bigger wolf thing, in some respects I prefer it since it seems like a more "natural" thing. It fits in with the way that Sam transforms. He doesn't turn into a half-dog or a half-fly, he goes the whole way.

More Pam is a good thing, she's a character that always felt a big forgotten and neglected the last season and a half.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Awesome! I finally got around to watching all of season two just last weekend and lo and behold season 3 is right around the corner.

I am looking forward to just about everything in the coming season except for Sookie. I have little doubt they'll find new and improved ways to inspire my distaste for her in the coming season but hopefully other characters like Pam or Jessica will get a more involved role in the main events of the season.

Penner
Tue, 06-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Michael Ausiello has done a Q&A with the cast from True Blood.

(its 44 minutes long :D, and really impressive video quality)

Ultimate Fan Experience Q&A (http://www.hbo.com/#/true-blood/about/video/ultimate-fan-q-and-a.html/eNrjcmbOYC5Uz89JccxLzKksyUwOSExP9UvMTdUsy0xJzYeJOu fnlaRWlDDns0knlpbkF+QkVtqWFJWmsjGyMXIyMgIAblQXOA== )

Man, that was awesome, i wish all my favorite shows could have interviews like that!

Penner
Mon, 06-14-2010, 12:50 AM
OH snap, the first episode of season 3 is out, downloading at this very moment!

Edit: Fuck yeah that was awesome, i had almost forgotten how great this show is!

And thank god this show started now that the majority of the shows i watch goes on summer hiatus!

Yukimura
Thu, 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Cool way to start the season. Eric is still as pimp as ever despite the shitstorm the queen dragged him into. While I don't like the way the queen treats Eric I find her outwardly cheerful, secretly insane absolute ruler mannerisms somewhat endearing.

Bills kidnappers didn't amount to much and now that he's free I find myself wondering what the impetus will be to keep him apart from Sookie. I guess my money would be riding on him being caught and imprisoned by the werewolves soon.

Penner
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
edit: lol completely wrong post in the wrong forum part, hah :P

UChessmaster
Thu, 06-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Did i missed something? how did Bill escaped being tied with silver again?

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Did i missed something? how did Bill escaped being tied with silver again?

One of the guys in the backseat with him was wearing leather gloves that had gotten soaked in blood. He took them off around the same time that Bill said he would die if he gets drained anymore unless he feeds. Somehow, Bill had the strength to get the gloves on himself (shown on him as he crawled out of the crashed car) and pull the silver chains off.

This kind of jars with season 1 when he didn't have enough strength to even get up until Sookie took them off of him, but...I'm willing to leave it up to sheer desperation.

Penner
Mon, 06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Boom!

True Blood renewed for 4th season (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/21/hbo-renews-true-blood-fourth-season/)

UChessmaster
Mon, 06-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Well "never" came fairly soon this episode.

Penner
Wed, 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
That last scene was pretty freaky lol

And man, the shit is really going to hit the fan once Tara learns that it was actually Jason who shot Eggs...

UChessmaster
Wed, 06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I got some complains towards this season however.

Werewolves: for me a gigantic dissapointment, they don`t feel threatening at ALL, a properly trained shifter will destroy any werewolves since essentially, they`re nerfed shifters.

Tara: Went from a badass bitch to a whiny bitch, can we have old Tara back please? thanks

Penner
Thu, 07-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Yeah i knew the "Werewolfs" we're going to be a huge disappointment from the get-go, they might be stronger/faster than an average human when they are in human form but still, they seem pretty weaksauce..

What's stopping a decent shifter from turning into something like kodiak bear or a bigass tiger and tear their shit up -.-

Also, Eric said that Werewolfs on V could be a challenge, even for him.... so uh.. Bill took out a whole damn pack of them BY HIMSELF without taking any apparent damage, and they were all "organized, well funded, highly trained, and powered by V".... sup with that?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I just got caught up with the series after first watching it last week. The continuity with this show sucks! Just noticeable things that are different from one scene to the next bother me. But it is a great show none the less.

Personally my biggest complaint is that I don't think that a vampire should be able to 'glam' someone into letting them into their homes. I know that this is useful device, but come on, that is why they look like us. They are meant to deceive.

darkmetal505
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
So what exactly went down between Lorena and Bill....

Penner
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Crazy neck-breaking anger-sex? :P

Yeah, that vampire dude using the "glam" skill to make Tara let him in was kinda lame, it pretty much nullifies the whole "we can't enter unless you invite us" deal completely if all they have to do is MAKE them invite them in.

Maybe it doesn't work on people with exeptionally strong minds or whatever(not sure if that was said sometime in the show), but it's still kinda lame :P

itadakimasu
Mon, 07-12-2010, 08:39 AM
There was a point in last nights episode where I realized that they has basically an overlapping plot w\ the 2nd twilight movie.

human girl who is in love with vampire is searching for him, but he doesn't want her to find him... She's got a werewolf w\ him and you have the feeling their about to get down...

The main difference I thought though is that "kristin stewart?" or whatever her name is didn't have it in her to show any emotion about being left by her vampire love.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah I had the same concerns, but what really irks me is that the book this season is based off of (Club Dead) was published and popular two years before the first Twilight novel even came out. I have little doubt people will claim True Blood ripped off Twilight when it's far more likely that Meyer ripped off Charlene Harris along with all the other Urban fantasy writers who had already established (and started wearing out) the Vampire Guy/Lycanthrope Guy/Other Supernatural Type Girl love triangle plot years before. The earliest I can think of would be Laurell K Hamilton who was doing this back in 1995 with pretty much the same progression but the vampire and werewolf roles flipped.

Anyway onto the episode, I don't feel like we got much in the way of explanation about why Bill had sex with Lorena instead of just beating on her and that kind of irks me. I could understand why he'd beat her up out of frustration for his situation but it's still nebulous why he went ahead and pulled down his pants and went to town on her while he was roughing her up. The thin thread I'm trying to hold onto now is that he planned to push Sookie away from the beginning and rather than lie to her he went ahead and did Lorena so when he told Sookie he'd be telling the truth and she'd hopefully be so angry that she'd stay away from him. This theory seems ridiculous and overly complicated but it's all I've got that doesn't require Bill to have heavily suppressed MPD or something.

TwisT
Mon, 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Last nights episode was a good one. Tara's storyline is finally starting to get good. We finally got to see the scene with Eric's father and he have finally found the leader of the werewolf's he has been hunting. Looks like that can get real interesting down the line. And wonder if the King is gonna go after the Magister. Almost sounded like that might be what he is after.

All in all i think in the end the King will be left to take the blame for the vampireblood. After all, he is going after the Queen, surrounds himself with werewolf's, kidnapped Bill, might go after the Magister and probably killed Eric's father (which will make him more then happy to see him dead).

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Agreed, this episode was a vast improvement over the last few. Even Sookie got to sound like she was finally in some semblance of control when she was threating to dig out the werewolf's secrets.

Yeah, I think Eric will work with a few of the others to pin it all on the King. If they're lucky, the Queen might even get out of it scot-free. I just don't think she is nearly as evil as he is, she's just bored and selfish. He's got the motive to overthrow the King of Alabama now.

To be honest, after this episode, I think the side plots are the most interesting right now. I didn't think the Tara and Sam sideplots would be any good at all, but somehow even the family strife has a lot of mystery around it. It had better not disappoint they way they were hyping up what Sam's drunken step-father was using his half-brother for.

Even though it isn't important at all, I really like the little battle starting between Arlene and Jessica. It's a nice relief from the heavier stuff this season is finally starting to get into. Kind of like Jason always being a dumbass.

Penner
Mon, 07-19-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm very curious what the deal is with Jason's new ladyfriend...

UChessmaster
Sun, 07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Preview of the second half of this season, spoilers obviously. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbLfeBQB_dc)

Penner
Mon, 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Man this show is awesome, shit is going down on all fronts!

rockmanj
Tue, 07-27-2010, 05:35 PM
That Jessica is pretty cute. Especially when her fangs popped out after Arlene cut herself.

TwisT
Tue, 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Shit just hit the fan! Where to start? First of all we know the crazy Franklin is alive (although everyone probably knew that anyways). Lorena is finally dead. Eric found out something about Sookie that we didn't get to hear that surprised Eric a great deal it seemed. It sounded like she was Sookies cousin though. But i don't think that is what gave Eric that face. Probably something about this holy power Sookie seem to posses. Bill went all animal kingdom on Sookie and now she seems to be afraid of him. That can't be real can it? Must have been the shock. Like the last thing she remembers is getting almost killed by a feral vamp. Because Sookie has been running in to danger hundreds of times for Bill even though he has explained how dangerous it is. She must realize the danger of feeding a vamp that is near death.

Sam impressed me. Standing up like that. Putting their own son in a dog fight. Hope Tommy really use his brain for once and stay with Sam. Will be disappointed if Tommy runs back as easily as last time.

Love to see how much Eric care for Pam. So far he has seemed like he don't care for much, and only try to fill his existence with amusement. Only thing he have cared for is Godrik, his maker, and now Pam who he made. Family ties at least seem to mean something to some vampires. Bill don't show that much care for Jessica but then again he got her forced upon him. Anyways nice to she Pam finally free again. Definitely one of the hottest women on the show.

I just love the Kings madness. Not even afraid to slay the Magister. Taking on this "authority". Bet that media vamp is part of them. Or work directly under them. Wonder if they actually have what it takes to take on a 3000+ year old mad vampire.

Not much progress with Jason more then it seems he has a lead as to get info on his girl. To much lack of Jessica and Lafayette.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
FUCK! Talbot!

Penner
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Fuck this season is crazy! shit is happening all over the place and all the time, and it's awesome!

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I wonder if Eric thought this through, he killed Talbot and now... ????? what`s he gonna do about Russell?

Carnage
Mon, 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I wonder if Eric thought this through, he killed Talbot and now... ????? what`s he gonna do about Russell?

Surprise Buttsecks.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I've been waiting for a long time for Eric to make his move on Russel. I thought he was going to hold out longer, but I guess he made the right move at the right time. I was hoping he'd deal the finishing blow to Russel instead, but given how far Eric has gone for Pam, he probably hurt him more than if he had killed him.

The episode started with a bit too much whining and crying, but at least it ended on a high note, with lots of action Jessica and Eric.

I'm never quite sure if Jason is going to himself killed, but I guess if Sookie got the cool angelic powers, Jason got the Devil's luck. How he gets his dumb ass into so much trouble and getting away with a only few scratches so far is beyond me.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Eric should`ve seduced Russell and backstab HIM and then wtf pwn Talbot, but i guess that wouldn`t be much of a revenge if Russell doesn`t suffers.

Penner
Tue, 08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
I must say, the part where Bill was teaching Jessica how to fight was pretty cool :P

UChessmaster
Tue, 08-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Is it sunday yet?

Sapphire
Wed, 08-11-2010, 11:27 AM
My oh my, so much to write.

There was something in me that sort of forgave Sookie in episode 6-7 for being horrible. Perhaps it was her willingness to actually risk her life to save Bill instead of being all talk and enslaving everyone around her. I liked her head to heads with Debi and the King for some reason.

Sookie managed to piss me off yet again by saying she has a right to mind-rape her own brother for arbritrary reasons. I like the way Sookie stands head to head against people NOT her own size, but if she gets all cocky and spoiled over it I hate her. I'm annoyed that she went back to Bill, it's an Urban Fantasy for god's sakes, she should be on her third guy by now! Interesting about her blood, though. It felt REALLY WEIRD to see Bill in the sunlight.

"Apparently" Franklin is dead, but the show probably just wants us to think that. They already explicitly stated that you turn into ..."this stuff" if you die as a vampire. I imagine Franklin inflating back up like a balloon and then preceeding to slaughter the nearest were to regain his strength. Crazier than ever? And maybe catious of Tara, with an illusion of power about her.

Why is Lorena gone?! Ah, I guess all good things must come to an end. Her acting was amazing.

Lafayette's supposed to be dead, so really, anything could happen. Also there was ominous music playing while the Nurse was warning him, so I'm looking forward to it. Forgot to mention the sexy sexiness that is their RELATIONSHIP. Woo wee.

I loved the King's rant about "authority". It was very epic. The King is awesome.

I wonder if Eric is going to stick around and flaunt his murder of Talbot to the king, or escape. Either way, he has to have some sort of leverage over the king (blackmail?) or it will just turn into a revenge game for the rest of time.

Why doesn't Jason have anything special about him except stupidity and a blind need for excitement? Is he a bastard child? He should get to dance in Sookie World too! Well, I am looking forward to seeing how he gets his ass beat by the crazy psuedo-weres, though I doubt it will humble him any.

Anyone notice anything blatantly sexual about how Jessica dominated that were? She's still a "baby", but she's definitely coming into her power nicely (even though her maker is a pussy).

Is it Sunday yet?

Penner
Wed, 08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
One thing that really, really bothers me is that they keep saying that werewolfs are dangerous to vampires, and when they are juiced up on V they could be "challenging" even to someone as strong as Eric... but so far all i've seen is that they can't kill a vampire unless the vamp was outnumbered by like 20-1 or more.

Also, when Bill was teaching Jessica to fight he said she was too slow because the Werewolfs are faster... i call complete bullshit on that.

All in all, werewolfs are fucking weaksauce.

Rant over! :P

Sapphire
Wed, 08-11-2010, 02:06 PM
You're totally right. And how come half the time vampire blood makes you high as hell, and the other half it just heals you? (And the other half it doesn't do anything at all)

I'm just going to call total bullshit on consistency, or maybe vamp blood is just a placebo.....

Yes, I was definitely seeing werewolves as mere dogs to vamps by the end of episode 8. That way, you know they can be very dangerous if they go crazy and hurt/kill you while your guard is down (or you don't know how to own them), but you're still perfectly capable of defending yourself.

Yukimura
Wed, 08-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Agreed, the weres haven't been portrayed as anything resembling a threat to vamps in non ambush situations. As you pointed out Baby Jessica, while wounded, still manage to take out that were at the end and didn't look particularly worse for the wear.

Sookie's BS with her "I can mind rape you any time I want and there's nothing wrong with it" mentality was refreshing as it was so blatant and indefensibly amoral. Sookie's utter lack of respect for the rights or desires of others is one of my biggest gripes about her character. That said I appreciate when it is presented in such a way that it has real and negative consequences on her relationships with people. Having it depicted in universe as a character flaw with consequences instead of a character trait treated as independent from the overall story makes it much more tolerable for me.

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
If you had mind reading powers and know your brother/sister is up to no good, would you read his/her mind so you can try and help him/her?

Bonus: Your brother/sister is retarded.

Yukimura
Wed, 08-11-2010, 05:16 PM
In your scenario you have presupposed something that I don't believe applies to the case presented in the show. To my knowledge Sookie didn't have any inkling of anything odd going on with Jason until she picked up on his want for her to not find something out (probably since she doesn't care about him except when it suits her). Even so, Jason is an adult, admittedly a stupid one, and he doesn't have to tell her anything about her life he doesn't want to. While it would be all well and good if she tried to coax information out of him verbally, using her powers to steal it from his mind is no more acceptable than breaking into his house to read his mail.

I don't think Sookie has a problem with this sort of thing because from her perspective there's no such thing as privacy (for anyone but herself) simply because she has the ability to bypass all mental security with little to no effort. To her it has probably always seemed normal and maybe even right that she should know every secret everyone who's ever met her has simply because she CAN know every secret everyone who has ever met her has. IIRC she even admitted in the first season that she blocked peoples thoughts out mostly for her own benefit than because she felt bad about spying on peoples thoughts. She's is morally equivalent to a person who would steal whatever struck their fancy if they had a magic key that could open any lock.

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-11-2010, 06:14 PM
And what part exactly is that "something" you don`t beleive it applies. Sookie beleived something was up when Jason went all rage mode, she didn`t read his mind like a twitter update just for shit and giggles. Jason? and adult? lol no, he`s only an adult legally, Sookie has all her right if she knows he`s in trouble, what`s the other scenario? she does nothing and Jason ends dead in a sewer or in jail or some shit and then BOTH of them will regret she didn`t read his mind back then.

As for having a problem or not, is not about that, i beleive her powers sometimes activate on their own because she doesn`t has full control, remember the scene at the beggining of the series? it could always be that, or in contrast, people "thinking" too hard she can`t help but listening to it. So if she knows Stupid ass Jason is in trouble, she might as well. I agree she shouldn`t be reading other peoples mind, Jason however, is a time bomb, and may i add, a complete prick this season.

Yukimura
Wed, 08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
This thing your scenario lacks is probable cause. I feel like we are thinking about this in a way similar to if Sookie were a law enforcement official and Jason's mind was a house that she might break down the door and enter without permission. If we continue with that analogy, putting aside that Sookie is in no way qualified, trained, or authorized to be a law enforcement official, it seems you are saying Sookie seeing that Jason didn't want her in his 'house' is in and of itself probable cause for her to enter his 'house' to find out why he doens't want her there. This is what I disagree with.

While Jason is certainly an idiot he holds his life together better than plenty of other people in the country. The fact that he is financially self-sufficient alone is enough to convince me that he deserves basic human rights like privacy and the presumption of innocence. Saying Sookie ought to violate his rights because she thinks there might be something dangerous going on is the same sort of fearmongering bullshit as racial profiling against brown people because they might be illegal immigrants or terrorists. If you get rid of the rights for all the people who might be dangerous you won't be left with any people with rights at all.

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Jason is not a person that *might* fuck up, but rather one that fucked up several times already, again, i got the impression that Sookie didn`t particulary meant to read his mind.

Yukimura
Thu, 08-12-2010, 09:37 AM
We seem to have fundamentally different views on the nature of peoples rights so I think we'll have to agree to disagree else this conversation will just go back and forth forever.

I will just say this though, whether she used her power consciously or not Sookie's comment "I'll read your mind whenever I want" is what I took the most issue with. Even if her ability was completely involuntary she still has a choice in how to view it and behave based on it. That she shows no shame or remorse in violating other peoples minds for her own ends is why I see her as a morally bankrupt individual.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I will just say this though, whether she used her power consciously or not Sookie's comment "I'll read your mind whenever I want" is what I took the most issue with. Even if her ability was completely involuntary she still has achoice in how to view it and behave based on it. That she shows no shame or remorse in violating other peoples minds for her own ends is why I see as a morally bankrupt individual.

That we agree with.

Penner
Sun, 08-15-2010, 11:17 PM
New ep is out and oh my fucking GOD! Now that's the fucking SHIT right there!

I can barely handle all the awesome that is going on in this show!!

Yukimura
Mon, 08-16-2010, 12:43 AM
We will EAT you, after we eat your CHILDREN! <beat> Now time for the weather. Tiffany!?

RUSSEL IS THE SHIT!!!!

R.I.P Franklin your return was rather untriumphant and your act was getting kinda stale but you were fun while you were around and without you Tara should be pretty useless until that weird blond chick turns out to be the next major villain and that's alright with me.

In other news I think Lafayettes nurse is going to turn out to be a werejaguar just for the hell of it. In fact maybe that's what Crystal and her family are. It could explain why they're so insular and could tell what Sam was while adding another flavor of were for us to contend with to keep wolves from getting too stale.

In conclusion, Russel owns all. Hail Russel.

Sapphire
Mon, 08-16-2010, 02:37 AM
I'm fucking speechless.

Penner
Thu, 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM
What the whaat, Check this out! :D
(Edit: fixed image link)

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/ent_images/7587_9.jpg

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Not working.

darkmetal505
Thu, 08-26-2010, 10:20 PM
So two episodes left. Lot of things to cover:

- Sookies fairy origin
- Jason and shifter girl
- Eric confronting Russell and Russell's plans in general
- Tara finds out about Eggz
- Is Bill really trustworthy?
- Lafayette and lover boy

Carnage
Thu, 08-26-2010, 11:38 PM
So two episodes left. Lot of things to cover:

- Sookies fairy origin
- Jason and shifter girl
- Eric confronting Russell and Russell's plans in general
- Tara finds out about Eggz
- Is Bill really trustworthy?
- Lafayette and lover boy

I doubt any of it will be covered until season 4, except for Eric and Russell. I think Eric is going to use Sookie's blood to gain temporary immunity and drag Russell out into the sun.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-26-2010, 11:59 PM
I have a lot of complains about this season, but don`t get me wrong, is cause i love this series so much, so bear with me ok?

Lafayette and Jesus: They`re relation happened waaaaaaay to quickly, very unrealistic to me, i don`t like and i don`t care about Jesus in the slightest, he needs to go, get Lafayette a hotter boyfriend, he deserves it.

Tara: DIE ALREADY!!! as i read in another forum; if i was in a room with Tara, Bin Laden, Hittler and a gun with two bullets, i`d shot Tara, twice.

Sookie, Eric and Bill: Was it me or did Sookie shruged off the fact that she`s a fairy too quickly? "I`m a fairy? lame, what you want for dinner? OH, silly me, you want blood", still, can`t wait to see how this is all going to turn out in the end.

Hoyt, Jessica and Tommy: Tommy went from being a boy you would feel pity for to a little bitch, what he did to Hoyt was just low, Jessica is always stunningly beautiful and cute, she needs her own spin off or something, i love her too much. :(

Russell: Not enough you in this episode, i was hoping he woul turn that guy into his new husband, he can still do it right?

Werewolves: Never heard of them.

Jason and Crystal: I admit being curious about what the deal is with Crystal and her family, and i kinda want her to stay for next season at least, not seeing Jason like a complete prick helped too.

Arlene: ?????, there`s a limit to ignorance, or so i thought.

Carnage
Fri, 08-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Arlene: ?????, there`s a limit to ignorance, or so i thought.

Sorry to break it to you, but they're actually that stupid in the south

Penner
Mon, 08-30-2010, 06:47 AM
So, Eric and Russel in the sun, i doubt they will die, or atleast that both of em will, not sure who/what will intervene though..

And where the fuck are all the werewolfs, have they just completely dumped them now?

I actually don't get all the Tara hate, i like her, and i like her alot more than Sookie.

rockmanj
Mon, 08-30-2010, 08:14 AM

Yea, its sad but true. She is so dumb its annoying. And wtf Sam? That was totally uncalled for. Being punked a few times doesn't give you the license to act like a total ass.

RE: Rolling Stone cover- I hope Alexander Skaarsgard didn't pop wood or anything. I don't know how well Stephen Moyers would take that, even if it is a photo shoot.

poopdeville
Mon, 08-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Says a Yankee, presumably... stupidity is universal, and discrimination goes both ways.

rockmanj
Mon, 08-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Says a Yankee, presumably... stupidity is universal, and discrimination goes both ways.

Just remember: To the English, all Americans are Yankees.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-30-2010, 05:29 PM
I actually don't get all the Tara hate, i like her, and i like her alot more than Sookie.

Where to begin...

Carnage
Wed, 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM

It was a generalization, dont take it personally. Of course I dont mean every last single person.

Penner
Mon, 09-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Oh what the fuck, the season finale doesn't air until Sept 12!

>.<

Penner
Mon, 09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
So, i just finished watching the season finale and the first 40-ish minutes were pretty slow, but then at the end it got alot better with the Eric-Russel-Bill stuff, Sookie finding out about Bill's lies, Sam "shooting" his brother (we didn't get a confirmed hit).

All in all, good ep. Not as good as the epicness of Russel going apeshit, but good.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 06-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Season 4 just started, eps 1 and 2 are on the tubes.
I dig it so far, I'm excited to see where this season goes, especially after the way the second episode ended.

Penner
Tue, 06-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Aye, there is a 720p torrent of ep 2 out on ThePirateBay, unfortunately i gotta sleep so i'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it >_>

UChessmaster
Wed, 06-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Just saw both episode, i`m loving it so far, this mini time skip is doing great for most of the characters.

Tara - She was perfect in each and every scene she appeared, this is exactly the Tara i want to see.

Jason - Became a responsible policeman and is taking care of the people at Hotshot while also managing to stay fully clothed for a grand 1.5 episodes, i`m proud.

Sophie Ann - No, no, no, NO, NO ,NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hoytsica - Surprised to see they`re having issues as if they`ve been married for 20 years, quite a nice twist not to give them a perfect relation that`s only threatened by outsiders, let`s see what this leads into, but wasn`t his mother going to murder one of them or something?

Sookie/Eric/Bill - Nice to see Bill still interested in Sookie but not falling to her feet, got to love the fact that Eric made that sleeping thing on Sookie`s house, that`s so Eric, wonder what`s the deal with the demon fairies, will they be the big bad of the season or this Necromacer people?

Lafayette - I`m 99% sure he`s the one with actual Necromancer powers while everyone else thinks it`s that old lady (The bird came to life when HE started chanting, same goes for the Eric scene.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm inclined to agree that Lafayette is the one with the real, or especially potent powers but more for the sake of plot than the evidence we've seen so far. In both instances of 'real magic' going down the shit hit the fan once the circle was closed and in both instances it was Lafayette who closed the circle. Ritual magic tends to require a circle be formed so while he's probably going to end up being super special it could still just be that he's got magic of some degree and the act of him closing the circle is what triggered the crazy demonic chanting stuff.

I'm happy to see Hoytssica having problems myself; I think it fits well with the nature of their relationship. Other than mutual attraction and devotion they have some pretty clear dissimilarities and incompatibilities which could serve to create a tense living arrangement. Jessica is likely still trying to shake off her extremely repressed upbringing so dutifully keeping house for Hoyt is probably not at the top of her priority list, plus she sleeps all day while Hoyt is working. Hoyt, while seemingly pretty self-sufficient and capable, seems like he gives a lot more than he gets in the relationship so it's not surprising that he'd have moments of being fed up with Jessica's inability/unwillingness to throw him some sort of bone once in a while though I take him as the kind of guy who doens't mind pulling more 'weight' in the relationship in the long term.

I still hate Sookie. It was refreshingly annoying the way she ran around trying to get other people to get 'her' house back for her. I'd say it was legitimately sold after she vanished for a year without telling anyone and Jason had issues of his own to deal with. I get how for her things have completely changed overnight but as usual she doesn't try to cope with new situations but whines and bitches in an attempt to get someone to alter the situation to suit her desires.

I have to give major props to Eric though for being so consistent and persistent in his pursuit of Sookie though. He seems to have gotten in her head and knows how to push her buttons and wear on her resistance, forcing her to fight him on his terms where he holds all the advantage. It's a shame what happened at the end of ep 2 but we'll see how things go now ($5 on Sookie tricking/conning Eric out of the house and then patting herself on the back like she outwitted a thief when he bought it fair and square).

Bill: Mostly Meh but maybe something good will come of him.

Tara: Interracial lesbian relationship + cage fighting = YES. Coming back from a fresh start for Sookie = NO.

Penner
Fri, 07-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Yuki hit the nail on all accounts, i agree with everything said above ^^

Speaking of Eric.. having a 1000 year old vampire with amnesia roaming the streets can't possibly end well, lol

Another small thing worth noting...

Jason getting forcefully turned into a panther-shifter, w00t!!

Sapphire
Fri, 07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Tyra is awesome and a lot prettier. I remember that she was pissing people off last season by being all traumatized. In the scene behind the MMA tourney, as soon as that other chick came in I KNEW they were lesbians.

My all time favorite parts of the episode are when Lafayette joins the circle. Then come crazy shit happens. I love that when Eric was attacking Tyra, Lafayette was like "OH SHIT" and joins the circle and starts chanting. So funny.

WTF is up with those ugly ass fairies? So Sookie is one of those? EW!!!

I HATE SOOKIE!!! All she does is goes around scolding people for living non-christian lives and then turns around and says "OH YOU WON'T CATCH ME AROUND VAMPIRES" then goes around and asks vampires to help her get a house back. Agreed with Yuki on Sookie conning Eric to get her house back.

Bill is pretty cool. I like how he goes around doing despicable shit but pretends to be a Louisiana gentleman. Him pretending to be cockney or whatever is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Jason: Stupid as usual. That's what happens when you hang out with a bunch of backwater cannibals.

Red Head: Can't wait until the baby kills her off.

Jessica: Needs to get laid and be BFF with Pam.

UChessmaster
Fri, 07-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Jason: Stupid as usual. That's what happens when you hang out with a bunch of backwater cannibals.

You get raped by panthers? no... i don`t think that`s usually what happens.

Sapphire
Fri, 07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey, if you want to hang out with backwater cannibals, its your party not mine.