PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Movie 2

Marik
Sat, 09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Bleach the Movie: The DiamondDust Rebellion, Another Hyōrinmaru

When an artifact known as the "King's Seal" is stolen during transport from Soul Society, Tōshirō Hitsugaya goes to retrieve it. Hitsugaya goes missing after a battle with the thieves, leaving Seireitei to suspect him of treason. They order his immediate capture and execution. Unwilling to believe that he is capable of such a crime, Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, Rangiku Matsumoto, and Renji Abarai set out to find Hitsugaya and clear his name.

Released on December 22, 2007, in Japanese theaters.The film opened in 4th place at the Japanese box office, and held a top ten location until its 5th week

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/bmovie2.torrent

By DB.

Jessper
Sat, 09-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Any sort of synopsis out there? Do we get to see some hollow Ichigo action?

Downloading now anyways... =P

Abdula
Sat, 09-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Plot summary

When an artifact known as the "King's Seal" is stolen during transport from Soul Society, Tōshirō Hitsugaya goes to retrieve it. Hitsugaya goes missing after a battle with the thieves, leaving Seireitei to suspect him of treason. They order his immediate capture and execution. Unwilling to believe that he is capable of such a crime, Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, Rangiku Matsumoto, and Renji Abarai set out to find Hitsugaya and clear his name.

Meanwhile, Hitsugaya is still searching for the thieves, and stumbles upon a dark secret involving a Soul Reaper long thought dead, a man named Sōjirō Kusaka. He was a good friend and rival to Hitsugaya when they were younger.

Doesn't sound too promising but I haven't watched a Bleach episode in a long time. I think the last one I saw was when Ikkaku used his bankai for the first time. I'll give this a try and see if it gets me interested in the series again.

Jessper
Sat, 09-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Doesn't sound too promising but I haven't watched a Bleach episode in a long time. I think the last one I saw was when Ikkaku used his bankai for the first time. I'll give this a try and see if it gets me interested in the series again.

Woah woah woah. Do you read the manga? I don't know how you wouldn't want to watch the recent non-filler stuff if you do read the manga. If not and you just got disinterested at that part of all things I'm not sure what to say. =)

PS. Thanks for the summary.

Abdula
Sat, 09-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh I do read the manga:(

Yukimura
Sun, 09-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Overall this movie was entertaining, when it was over I wasn't sorry I wasted 90 minutes of potential sleep time on it. The plot was fairly typical for a shounen anime movie so it wasn't anything surprising. And first three quarters or so were an egregious example of how filler content creators suck even more than mangaka at maintaining the relative scales of characters powers.

Other than that the movie provided plenty of what I wanted from a Bleach movie, lots of cameos of less often seen characters (sometimes with no explanation as to why they happened to be there) doing whatever it is they do/did best. Zaraki had an especially awesome role near the end.

If you want deep meaningful story or something go watch a real movie. If you want to see your favorite Bleach characters kick some ass you might want to check this out.

P.S. There's no mildly annoying, yet endearing throw away character in this one.

NeoBear
Sun, 09-07-2008, 05:06 AM
wtf naw f that im just gonna read the manga from now on honestly that was a jacked up plot SS is Freeking gay man

"holy shit both of my friends brought over the same pizza FIGHT TO THE DEATH!"

what ever how can you agree with some shit like that

also i think it was AWSOME how they explained how there are TWO Hyourinmaru's cause i was really wanting that cleared up im so happy they made it clear as day...

Inazuma
Sun, 09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, Bleach lately has been a gigantic disappointment with all the filers, but what matters is

" Hey, is this castle moving ? "
" No it's just Kenpachi ... He's just lifting the thing with his Reiatsu"

COMPLETE FUCKING KENPACHI OWNAGE !

redcat
Sun, 09-07-2008, 04:49 PM
well it had a lot of nice action that's for sure. it's basically what made the movie watchable. the plot however, I didn't like at all. pretty much because it had such a weak foundation which was the apparent retardation of central 46.

"Why can't we both have Hyourinmaru?"
"Because it's the law."

oh.. really?

I didn't really like how ikkaku used his bankai so casually either. I don't think the situation was that out of control. he said he was going to clear the path by himself also, but then like half a dozen other shinigami did big attacks, then they showed ikkaku throwing a blade but they didn't actually show him killing anything.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah he kinda through his bankai out there, and it isnt as though over people can't sense the sudden rise in pressure or anything....

Jessper
Sun, 09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I enjoyed it well enough. Ikkaku's bankai was certainly only there to show it off only. I enjoyed the rest though.

I always love seeing the captains fight even if it is things we have seen before.

Certainly liked it more than the first one.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Was the bad guy...Kasuka (sp?)...was that the same voice that does Gaara? Sounded alot like it especially at the end.

Archangel
Mon, 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
As always, a good movie with great fighting scenes with moments of pure idiocy by the creators.

Seriously this movie could have been so amazing if they just properly explained how they were both able to get the same power and just how the hell did Kusaka come back to life.

They could also have tuned down a bit on the fan service, it got annoying as hell at one point.

And first three quarters or so were an egregious example of how filler content creators suck even more than mangaka at maintaining the relative scales of characters powers.

Yes, rukia with no shikai and bankai ichigo fighting at the same level was fairly entertaining.

Everon
Mon, 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Maybe its one of those movies with a hidden meaning. You just gotta look deep. Really, really deep.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
yep, it has a deep meaning, that anime-series based movies are a pile of shit.

(last Bleach episode I saw was 36, I think)

they told us everything about the ploy in the 2nd minute (two swords, kill your bestest friend)
and had 50 minute of the other characters to figure it out.
then another 40 minutes of everybody fighting somebody, without showing a single fight to the end.
add in some poorly written dialogs and horrible plot holes (how did the bad guy live again? who were the two chicks? whey were there two swords? why is it forbidden?), and there you have it, a marvelous pile of shit.

Good points: Kenpachi, just being out of control.

Bad points (nitpicking, more or less):
Ichigo was masked for almost one and a half minute. I counted. No matter what timezone SS operates in, there's no way that it was only 11 seconds.
Soifon's megakill attack, couldn't she just stab the bitch at her toes, rather than jump all around to her upper robot-torso?
can Shinigamis fly or not? some times they need stairs, but most of the movie, they can just float all wherever they want.
No Inoue & Chad... what the hell? give them some lines!
no humor. it's even less funny than a normal chapter.

conclusion: don't trust anime.

Archangel
Mon, 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Lol yeah, i also found it hilarious how all of a sudden they needed stairs.

Didn't you also enjoy Youruichi coming out of nowhere and using shunkou along with Soifon, an incredibly dangerous technique, to fight off normal hollows...? Fanservice at its best.

Another thing that annoyed me was seeing Kempachi going down after just 1 blow, yeah he recovered later but going down after just 1 cut?? That just isn't the Zaraki Kempachi we know and love.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
yep, almost forgot about it. it seems that the 2nd division, the shinigami police, ultimate skill, is best used against hordes of nameless hollow, and not, as previously assumed, against rouge shinigamis.

not to mention the Inuyashaeque sudden appearance of the hollows. I was waiting for someone to blast a Kaza no Kizu at all of them, and then continue with their real fight.

and last (for now), menos power scale...
aren't big ass menos (foot soldier, big black and huge nose) the lowest rank? didn't they say that a captain can take out scores of them? I guess Rukia needs to work hard to kill one of them, but the rest of the strike team (captains and VC) should have just wiggled a sword in their direction, and got it over with.

Archangel
Mon, 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM
And what the hell was up with the "bee hollows" that appeared together with the menos? How can there be so many hollows that are all the same? Only menos are supposed to be physically equal.

Also, anyone else notices soifon's jutsu? xD Check how she makes the barrier, herself and the special forces disappear

Lol all i have to do is run the movie on a random time and another fuck up by the writeers appears.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Ichigo was masked for almost one and a half minute. I counted. No matter what timezone SS operates in, there's no way that it was only 11 seconds.You know that stuff is never relevant in shounen time. The time he spent flying up there was probably not even a second. And he's spent alot less time in vizard mode in this than he did in the series.

can Shinigamis fly or not? some times they need stairs, but most of the movie, they can just float all wherever they want.This is actually not inconsistant. In the real world Shinigami can "stand" on air. In Soul Society, they can't.

But no, yeah, this movie was mind numbingly boring. And whenever an action scene finally happened, they'd cut away from it. Watching all the captains go apeshit was cool for the 5 minutes they spent doing that, but it damn sure wasn't enough. the first movie was alot better.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
It started off interesting, but I slept the last 15 min. off the movie and I'm not one to sleep during a movie... :(. Great animation though.

Archangel
Wed, 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
This is actually not inconsistant. In the real world Shinigami can "stand" on air. In Soul Society, they can't.

Has this been officially explained or are you assuming? I don't recall they ever talking about this.

Abdula
Wed, 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Its not official but its the truth. The flying only works in the real world, no one has ever walked on air in SS.

Archangel
Wed, 09-10-2008, 09:51 PM
But they have walked on air on Hueco Mundo, so why should it be any different on SS ?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-18-2008, 08:33 AM
I would imagine it's spirit particle density.

In the real world, Shinigami and Hollows are made of spirit particles, which are lighter than real world air(which is why Chad/Ishida etc. can't walk on air).

In Soul Society, the air is also made out of spirit particles. So a spirits density in SS is the same as a normal person's density in the real world.

That said, I have no idea why they can do it in Hueco Mundo, since I assume HM is another spirit world. Although, I don't remember them flying outside Los Noches, so maybe Aizen has just done something inside LN that makes the air dense(much like how he somehow creates sunlight in there).

Archangel
Fri, 09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
That's one hell of a stretch Darth... but i'll roll with it since that's the only explanation i have so far.

PS: Ichigo just flew on episode 188 and he's on SS xD

Y
Mon, 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Terrible, especially compared to the surprisingly entertaining first film. Like someone else pointed out, I really dislike how the power creep gets completely ignored just so everyone's special move gets some screentime. The motivating factors in the plot were all extremely weak and arbitrary, and the movie didn't even do anything interesting with the fact that it was an arbitrary law that set the problems in motion - it was just a throwaway piece of dialogue that was quickly ignored.

The music was once again better than the score from the TV series, and Kenpachi lifted a whole building. Those are pretty much the only good points.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
if we're still on the topic of flying shinigamis,,, what happened to that magic item which allowed Ichigo to fly (when he came to save rukia, but was saved by Yourichi)... did they lose it along the way, did it have a set limits of charges?

Y
Mon, 09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
if we're still on the topic of flying shinigamis,,, what happened to that magic item which allowed Ichigo to fly (when he came to save rukia, but was saved by Yourichi)... did they lose it along the way, did it have a set limits of charges?

He can fly in the real world so he doesn't need it, and I think it was a loaner from Yoruichi so he probably had to give it back.

animus
Mon, 09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Man this movie was awful, there wasn't any Matsumoto boob fan service. What. The. Fuck.

Archangel
Tue, 09-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Man this movie was awful, there wasn't any Matsumoto boob fan service. What. The. Fuck.

Fuck matsumoto, we got like 2 or 3 minutes of Orihime goodness.

Y
Wed, 09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
The problems with this movie include the fact that the script resorted to having too many characters cameo for no reason and too many characters were reduced to whipping out their ultimate move for fanservice. Doing more of both of these would have been retarded.