PDA

View Full Version : My Shichibukai theory. Why they're chosen for their position

docdan63
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I've been thinking about the shichibukai's powers and have a theory as to why they are who they are. If they're that intimidating and strong, I'm guessing they have a certain skill that makes them, well, them

I think they can all do mass damage, alone. Think about it.

Kuma
He can move at the speed of light with his fruit. Is really freaking huge, and combined with his fruits double powers, can make them disappear. One by one, he can take down entire islands within minutes, even seconds.

Mihawk
We've seen him easily use his sword to take down a massive amount of ships easily in no time.

Moria
He has the ability to move anywhere with his shadow and take over anyone's body using it, very quickly. And he can make massive armies of people with his scissors. And some zombies.

Blackbeard
He can take down entire towns in seconds and if he's careful about being hit, can destroy ability users and anything else he pretty much wants.

Flamingo
He can control anyone he wants, somehow, and I'm sure he can do it massively to have the affect of an entire group of devoted nakama beating the hell out of each other.

The only I'm not sure about Jimbei and the last one. That could break apart my theory and ruin the whole thing. But we'll see how that goes.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
no, no. no docdan..
what did we tell you about reading too much into the story?

(how I see it)
the shishibukai are licensed pirates. they've been given permission to sail and pirate everyone who isn't a government employee (not sure if it includes villagers).
the government allows them to do so because:
A. there's not much they can do to stop them (other than use admirals to hunt down puny pirates). so they might as well buy them in.
B. The SSB kill other pirates, who might become a potential threat if they grow too large.
C. the fact that there are 2 pirate fractions (yoniko and SSB) creates a separation between pirates, so they don't unite under the same moral banner to kick the government ass. I.E, pirates cannot declare they support Whitebeard, because if they run by a SSB, they get killed.

as for individual pirates.

Kuma: we know he's supposed to vegapunks slave, but it's also clear that he has a motive of his own that he follows. however, it doesn't seem likely that he wants to become the pirate king.

Mihawk: despite his rebellious attitude, probably the least troublesome one. it looks like he become a SSB for the benefits of free travel, as it seems that he has no crew. the governments puts up with his smug and gets a loyal warrior that doesn't require too much, and almost 100% sure he isn't pursuing the pirateking title.

Moria: another stuck up shmock, who despite all, isn't a threat to the government. his loss of the original crew affected him more than he admits, so now it seems that he ain't up for the chase no more, and while saying he is developing a new army, he actually is just fortifying his defense out of fear to lose again. isn't likely to do anything drastic to become the pirate king

Flamingo: not much known, but it seems that he still thinks like a pirate and he decided to defect to the winning side. I think he believes that there's going to be an internal change in the WG politics, and he bet himself into the new side. so while still dangerous and power hungry, there's not much chance that he'll try to become the pirate king. there's still the danger that he'll support an usurp in the WG, but that's to be expected.

Crocodile: Main offender to the cause. a pirate to take pride in. would've gotten away with it if not for them meddling straw-hat kids. cheated his bosses, cheated his friends, probably would have continued gathering forces if he wasn't stopped.

Blackbeard: the government guess. they were tricked into taking him, since they were afraid of what might happen with Shanks and WB. it's quite obvious that he'll double cross them when times come. BB is into the pirateking chase, he just knows what lies ahead (WB, Shanks and the other two) and is trying to get rid of them before starting his quest. besides, we know that he's a decent guy.

Jimbei, while we don't know much about him, is a fishman.so he has little to do with free passage of the seas, or the pirate king title. my guess is that the government bribed him into working for them with immunity from prosecution by poachers and WG affeliated armies. the countries in NW probably don't like fishmen.

the connecting line is the threat they are to the government and on an invert scale, how loyal they are and what they can do for WG.

the government doesn't believe Mihawk, flamingo, Moria and Kuma are threats to the stability of the WG, so they can hire them to do some dirty work for them.
Jimbei seems to be connected to someone on the higher ups, and they simply don't know enough about BB, other than that the Yoniko are worried about him ("is this guy anygood?" "no idea, but I've been told not to come near him and not to feed him", "it's perfect, hire him!" - also "don't press this button!").