PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 513

Marik
Fri, 09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Binktopia

Direct Download - http://dl01.mangashare.com/downloads/b/One_Piece_513%5BBinktopia%5D.zip

SendSpace - http://www.sendspace.com/file/bj5l3d

MegaUpload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RBB4W25B

Franky House

Online Viewing - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/01

RapidShare - http://rapidshare.com/files/142871781/One_Piece_513v2__FH_.zip

MegaUpload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OL7H1ECY

INP-Mangaz

MediaFire - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rabim3jftvm

MegaUpload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X6TWJUSY

Real scanlated reelase. Not spoiler pics like the other.

animus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, that really pulled at my heart strings I'll admit.

Assertn
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Man things got out of hand quickly. I suppose this would be the best possible outcome. I wonder how long it will take for them to get back to the archipelago....

animus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
There's 2 release threads for this chapter, mayhaps we should combine them?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Too bad I used this one last week...

Wow.

Abdula
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Damn, that was amazing.

I really feel it for Luffy, even though we know they're alright, he doesn't and being completely helpless while you watch your nakama being picked off one by one. Thats some messed up crap right there.

Assertn
Fri, 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM
So I suppose this makes it 0/2 between strawhats and the admirals. In a way I kinda prefer it like this though. If they defeated an admiral, then they can defeat anyone from the marines. That aside, there have been a few other occasions where the crew was helpless against an enemy....

1) Buggy and Smoker in Loguetown
2) Smoker in Arabasta
3) Kuma in Thriller Bark

In each time, they either got away with the help of an external force, or the enemy showed mercy to them for one reason or another. I dunno how the crew is supposed to survive the new world...

docdan63
Fri, 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow, that really pulled at my heart strings I'll admit.
Why? I've been waiting for this to happen. With the SH's out of the way Oda can crack his knuckles and get down to work with the elites talking about stuff that is higher up in terms of story line. So I'm glad Kuma sent them away. I'm actually wondering why Oda didn't do this sooner. I mean, honestly the SH's have been kind of getting annoying IMO with the running around trying to stay alive. And then Luffy tries to fight Sentourmau and gets owned by an E Honda slap? Come on Oda. It was better when Luffy went 3rd gear out of nowhere on the PX 2. The most interesting thing that happened now was Chopper going nuts and Franky remembering about it. Counting this time and the last time that he saw this, we actually have something to work with. It's almost like, Franky is Yamato and Chopper is Naruto is 3 tails and beyond.

Carnage
Fri, 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I came about 4 times this chapter. I did not see this happening.

Abdula
Fri, 09-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Really need to work on that staying power Carnage.

Anyway I got no complaints Dan, that was an awesome chapter and I haven't been so interested in a series since Berserk was in its prime. As far as I'm concerned Oda is beyond reproach and what did I say about the Naruto comparisons.

animus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Why? I've been waiting for this to happen. With the SH's out of the way Oda can crack his knuckles and get down to work with the elites talking about stuff that is higher up in terms of story line. So I'm glad Kuma sent them away. I'm actually wondering why Oda didn't do this sooner. I mean, honestly the SH's have been kind of getting annoying IMO with the running around trying to stay alive. And then Luffy tries to fight Sentourmau and gets owned by an E Honda slap? Come on Oda. It was better when Luffy went 3rd gear out of nowhere on the PX 2. The most interesting thing that happened now was Chopper going nuts and Franky remembering about it. Counting this time and the last time that he saw this, we actually have something to work with. It's almost like, Franky is Yamato and Chopper is Naruto is 3 tails and beyond.

What the hell did I just read?

docdan63
Fri, 09-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Anyway I got no complaints Dan, that was an awesome chapter and I haven't been so interested in a series since Berserk was in its prime. As far as I'm concerned Oda is beyond reproach and what did I say about the Naruto comparisons.
Here we go again. This wasn't a bad comparison you to admit it. It made sense. Not complete sense, but sense non the less. How is Oda beyond reproach? Explain that one to me I'd love to see you give it a shot. Honestly, I mean at this point, you guys have made him up to be a god of story telling or something. That doesn't make sense to me. Why? Kishi and Kubo do unexpected things and you guys complain about it all of the time, right? So is the fact that it's about pirates or the weirdness of it change anything? I mean I like the weird too, but you guys take it a bit too far. And why are you saying it pulled at the heart strings a little bit? Every couple of chapters (generally like 60-about 80) Oda busts out something huge, that needs to happen to clear the pipes of the storyline. The way you can tell is by the ending and working of the ending. I mean look.

here's the ending for BB Ace outcome
http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000441/19.jpg

and here's the ending for 513
http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000076762/19.jpg

Tell me that isn't the same. And you know that Oda is planning something huge with this to happen either with the elites or something.

Abdula
Fri, 09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm not going to give you any explanation because I don't think its necessary I think you just need to stop being so critical and just enjoy the series. As far as Kubo and Kishi are concerned maybe its because of them that Oda is looking so good. I mean the only reason I started reading OP was because I was getting tired of Naruto and Bleach.

Bread-sama
Fri, 09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Unlike other fucked up manga, this one was fucking amazing. I really am excited now.

docdan63
Fri, 09-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Well I don't need justification or anything, but like, why is is so much cooler for you guys than ninjas of naruto or the samurai of bleach? I mean really, what is it that is doing it for you guys? I agree whole 100% that it's the best manga out there by far. BUt my justification is because I like how Oda made the serious unique, odd, original, and he did it all based around pirates as a core foundation.

And the reason I'm complaining about this chapter a bit is only because it seems like Oda has done what he needs to on the mangrove with the SH crew. Other than that, I love the entire series. My favorite ever actually. So no complaints. I can enjoy the SH's and all their adventures, but I just think that it's time that Oda moved on towards elites.

darkmetal505
Fri, 09-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Why is One Piece so good?

Because the good guys don't always win.
(Unless of course Luffy opens Gear 4th or something)

animus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Here we go again. This wasn't a bad comparison you to admit it. It made sense. Not complete sense, but sense non the less. How is Oda beyond reproach? Explain that one to me I'd love to see you give it a shot. Honestly, I mean at this point, you guys have made him up to be a god of story telling or something. That doesn't make sense to me. Why? Kishi and Kubo do unexpected things and you guys complain about it all of the time, right? So is the fact that it's about pirates or the weirdness of it change anything? I mean I like the weird too, but you guys take it a bit too far. And why are you saying it pulled at the heart strings a little bit? Every couple of chapters (generally like 60-about 80) Oda busts out something huge, that needs to happen to clear the pipes of the storyline. The way you can tell is by the ending and working of the ending. I mean look.

here's the ending for BB Ace outcome
http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000441/19.jpg

and here's the ending for 513
http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000076762/19.jpg

Tell me that isn't the same. And you know that Oda is planning something huge with this to happen either with the elites or something.

Do you even know what the heart strings phrase even means?

Anyways, the reason One Piece succeeds where Bleach and Naruto fail, is simple. The pacing is immensely better. You can tell he has everything thought out thoroughly and planned and are quite a bit less predictable than the super-formulaic shonen romp that N and B are.

Assertn
Fri, 09-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Why is One Piece so good?

Because the good guys don't always win.
(Unless of course Luffy opens Gear 4th or something)
Naruto lost to Sasuke....twice!

Abdula
Fri, 09-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Sasuke isn't a bad guy, he's just a tool.

Assertn
Fri, 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Sasuke isn't a bad guy, he's just a tool.
Doesn't the same go for most of the marines in one piece?

Abdula
Fri, 09-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I guess so. darkmetal didn't really have a point anyway, what with Gaara dying, albeit only to be brought back to life, the third etc.

docdan63
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Do you even know what the heart strings phrase even means?

Anyways, the reason One Piece succeeds where Bleach and Naruto fail, is simple. The pacing is immensely better.
Yes. It means you're sad about what happened to Luffy and the fact that he couldn't save his crew. Which I still don't understand. Why would you be sad about that? Why would anyone? It needed to happen in order for the story to improve and for Oda to move on and write a better story. Now instead of writing a significantly better one, he can write an exponentially better one. They couldn't keep getting stronger and stronger with no kick back or punishment from someone powerful.

And I already said I agree with you guys that Op is much better than pretty much any manga series. I was just asking you opinions on the series of what you thought makes it better. Personally, I meant personally to you guys.

ruccus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:02 PM
To me, one word sums up why One Piece is better than Naruto or Bleach: Progression.

When i go back and rewatch (since this is the manga thread, re-read) the first episodes or chapters, I dont feel like I'm following a story with different characters. But at the same time, I can tell that through 500 chapters, each person has grown, character and power wise. You can also tell, unlike Naruto's villian of the week (akatsuki), these antagonists are more than just cannon fodder to make the hero's look good. If anything, it's been through guys like Kuma, Aokiji, CP 9, heck even through the Davey Back game, that the SH crew appear more human. So when animus said it pulled at his hearts strings, its because we have seen these characters progress so much.

However I will agree with Docdan on one thing; by eliminating the SH some of the more political things should shine through more. All in all, reading One Piece just always makes my weekends.:)

animus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes. It means you're sad about what happened to Luffy and the fact that he couldn't save his crew. Which I still don't understand. Why would you be sad about that? Why would anyone? It needed to happen in order for the story to improve and for Oda to move on and write a better story. Now instead of writing a significantly better one, he can write an exponentially better one. They couldn't keep getting stronger and stronger with no kick back or punishment from someone powerful.

And I already said I agree with you guys that Op is much better than pretty much any manga series. I was just asking you opinions on the series of what you thought makes it better. Personally, I meant personally to you guys.

I can't be sad about stuff I read or watch without having to think, will this make the story better? God forbid.

Bread-sama
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Re-reading carefully, I think Kuma helped SH. Before he attacked the others he said something to the old man.

ruccus
Fri, 09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Re-reading carefully, I think Kuma helped SH. Before he attacked the others he said something to the old man.

Come to think of it, I also find it wierd how Kuma seems to ask his victims where they would like to go, almost as if he were really sending them to their own personal "heavens". I wouldn't be surprised to find that the SH crew was moved to the Thousand Sunny, in order to let them survive for the time being.

But why would Kuma save them if he did not have his own motivations?

animus
Sat, 09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Could be possible he sent them to their origins, for example Sanji to the pirate cook ship, for a bit maybe or something.

But then again, what would the motive in Kuma doing that, and how would he know where to send them all. Shrug!

6Zabuza9
Sat, 09-06-2008, 05:52 AM
I don't think the story is going to shit away from the SH. I think all the SH probably got teleported to the same place.

Carnage
Sat, 09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I swear to god this manga will never fucking end and I fucking love it.

Assertn
Sat, 09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Actually you guys....here's what I think is going to happen.....

The last page mentioned that the strawhats have been scattered, which probably means they aren't all going to end up in the same place. They might end up broken up into the three groups they formed when they were running away, or they might even be completely separated from each other. (The reason I'd be more inclined to side with the former is because it would probably take way too much work to manage 9 different locations in the story than 3.)

Before, I figured that this would complicate things way too much, but then I remembered that everyone has Rayleigh's biblio card. Because of this, they will be able to get back on their feet 3 days from now and have their own separate adventures that eventually lead them back to the Sunny.

@docdan: Are you basically saying that its only ok to be sad if the story failed to progress? If so then that's pretty funny.

docdan63
Sat, 09-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Actually you guys....here's what I think is going to happen.....

The last page mentioned that the strawhats have been scattered, which probably means they aren't all going to end up in the same place. They might end up broken up into the three groups they formed when they were running away, or they might even be completely separated from each other. (The reason I'd be more inclined to side with the former is because it would probably take way too much work to manage 9 different locations in the story than 3.)

Before, I figured that this would complicate things way too much, but then I remembered that everyone has Rayleigh's biblio card. Because of this, they will be able to get back on their feet 3 days from now and have their own separate adventures that eventually lead them back to the Sunny.

@docdan: Are you basically saying that its only ok to be sad if the story failed to progress? If so then that's pretty funny.
I agree with the latter. I want to see them separated and completely on their own adventures for 3 days.

A Oda has the skill and talent to pull it off
B It would spice the series where it is right up a little bit

Yes and no AssertN. Yes I'm saying that it's only ok be sad if the story failed to progress. This series is all about progression. And no I'm not saying that because why would you be sad in general? Just because we know Kumas power, and Luffy didn't see it coming, doesn't mean we have to all of a sudden shed a tear because he can't save his crew. Big deal he can't save them for once, it spices things up and like I've been saying, something needed to happen to spice things up a bit. With this addition, it's not only a little bit, it's a lot.

Abdula
Sat, 09-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Yes I'm saying that it's only ok be sad if the story failed to progress. This series is all about progression. And no I'm not saying that because why would you be sad in general? Just because we know Kumas power, and Luffy didn't see it coming, doesn't mean we have to all of a sudden shed a tear because he can't save his crew. Big deal he can't save them for once, it spices things up and like I've been saying, something needed to happen to spice things up a bit.
You post enough as is, but you still need to elaborate on this a bit more before I can even begin to understand it.

docdan63
Sat, 09-06-2008, 02:07 PM
You post enough as is, but you still need to elaborate on this a bit more before I can even begin to understand it.
Ok fine then I will. I mistyped my words. What I meant to say was the story hasn't had anything large or life changing for the SH crew to happen to them up until now. And yes I've done my research in past chapters, trust me I have. There isn't anything large or life changing(which needed to badly happen to this series. Up until now.

How many times do I have to say it. This needed to happen. It was huge on many different levels. It's going to open up a whole new type of story type in the series. Oda will be able to do anything he wants now w/o repercussions. Even though you all loved him anyway for what he was writing. And even I did, still do always will. He's great. But, you guys seem to think I'm knocking his skill and talent or something. I'm not I love the series every time another chapter comes out. But in all honesty, I'm a powerhouse whore. Here's what I mean.

I love the story a lot, but when the series comes down to it, I'm all about the most powerful, fastest, biggest crew, strongest (without even trying) guys. I mean I can't even discuss humor with you guys normally. I don't know how. If it isn't about really powerful fights or guys, I don't bother posting. Simple as that. Also, I don't even read all of the chapters all the way through. I've literally had to go back over and read over chapters you guys have read, in normal sequential order. I didn't.

You guys read through the TB arc. I read the end when the Oz fight started and shit got interesting with Luffy and Moria one on one. And when Kuma came.

You guys watched and read through Water 7. I skipped right to the Lucci V Luffy fight and the rest of the SH's fighting the CP9.

The only one I've ever read and kept up with, was the Skypiea arc, and the current archipelago arc. That's it. Only two. And the only reason it's been interesting now is because of the really strong crews and captains reeking havoc with Kizaru doing his fair share of damage. So basically I'm glad to see some powerful guys come in a just sweep the place. Even Kizaru and Silvers are just standing there. Something needed to happen.

Plus. Am I the only one who thinks that Luffy is going to come out totally ready for the NW after this? Now that needed to happen in one way or another for Luffy to move on to the NW. Even knowing Shanks he wouldn't have been ready because he wouldn't know Luffy was there and is probably too deep to help him or congratulate him yet. So I think we're going to see something new come out of him before he arrive with his crew to the NW. I'm not saying a new attack, but hell even a gear 4 might do the trick. Who knows.

Assertn
Sat, 09-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I think the problem here is that there's a discrepancy in the reactions people are having from the chapter and your reaction to their reactions.

You're getting hung up on the tangent storylines, like the Ace/Whitebeard ordeal, and the potential for Oda to focus on that story is what you're taking away from this chapter.

The others are instead concentrating more on Luffy's story, and sympathize with what he must be going through in this chapter.

You're interested in progress pertaining to the rest of the one piece world, but you need to realize that Luffy's defeat was a huge hit for him, and things might not be the same once their crew is reunited. This isn't just some storytelling convention Oda is using to push the strawhats into the background.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I think Kuma and Raleigh know each other from the Roger days. It almost looked like Kuma told Raleigh he was trying to help (maybe he used spirit powers to communicate it), but that Raleigh didn't believe him.

In any case, I have no idea what to expect now. Very exciting stuff.

Abdula
Sat, 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
@ Dan: I agree with Assertn. I think that's precisely what the problem is, because other than that I don't disagree with what you said.

darkmetal505
Sat, 09-06-2008, 03:05 PM
What I meant was that I never get that feeling from One Piece where I know the crew is going to dismantle everyone, unlike in Naruto or Bleach. Also, each arc/major fight leads to some drawback for Luffy and co., whether it's Merry leaving them or Zoro taking damage from Kuma for his team.

Also, Luffy's love for his friends doesn't seem over the top compared to Naruto's regret for not protecting Sasuke or Ichigo's "I must protect my friends." It's Luffy's genuine affection that drew me into the chapter and leaving me, albeit sad, excited for the next installation.

Death13a
Sat, 09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Well first, awesome chapter and you could really feel dispare that Luffy was going through.

As far as prediction for next chapter I doubt Crew will return to Sunny in 3 days. I am more inclined that they will return in 5 Years after being scattered to all for 4 oceans except Brook, he probably will only one land in Grand Line.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Kuma saved the crew because he was impressed with Luffy and the crew, and because Luffy is Dragon's son. Kuma knows Dragon, Garp, and Sengoku personally. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuma teleported Luffy to Garp or Dragon.

Also, we can't forget the Ace and Blackbeard backstory. The day Ace was defeated is supposed to be the day that triggered a world incident. Kuma is plausibly at or near the center of that story. (D.-family friend, hates Blackbeard, Shichibukai, the raid against the Yonkyou, etc)

joker-kun
Sun, 09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I think most of us agree that whatever Kuma did actually helped them, and this was basically proven by how he whispered something to Rayleigh and refused to tell Kizaru. Personally (not just because I have a giant hard on for him) I think Kuma did it for Dragon, but I still don't think we'll be seeing him. Assertn is probably right. They have all been scattered on the island so that they can end up at the Sunny in three days with the use of the biblio card. Whatever the case this is huge progression as it shows not just Luffy but all the crew that they need to greatly improve their skills (Remember what happened when Lucci raped them? Luffy busted out Gear 2-3.) and it also shows that Kuma has his own agenda.

Carnage
Sun, 09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Iagree with Assertn and joker-kun, but then why did Kuma ask Zoro where he wants to go in 512?