PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 512

Death13a
Fri, 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Get it here: http://www.mangashare.com/dl/One-Piece_512/3809/

WHAT A CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-29-2008, 05:46 PM
wow, awesome.

on a different note: did the PX Kumas go around with a bible, or is it only for the real one?

joker-kun
Fri, 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
@DBZ: pretty sure only the real one has it.

Also to quote from DBZ: wow.

All the disappointment I face from Naruto and Bleach is lost after I read the awesomeness of One Piece.

Chopper going kamikaze again is badass, and hopefully he'll get a real bounty after this.

I wonder where Zoro went. I kind of hope that he went to that prison (forget the name) where Ace was brought. That way we're going to see a huge - HUGE battle between pirates and the WG (Whitebeard pirates, Shanks and his crew, SH pirates, maybe even a little Dragon?). Although the realist in me doubts this as a battle like that would probably be saved for the end of the manga.

I also wonder how the SH are going to get out of this. Unless Luffy goes pyscho with some sort of new technique or something someone else has to be coming to save them - unless they're all captured and saved before execution.

BTW: Rayleigh again shows he has the ability to fight a Logia, so I think any speculation that he caught Kizaru off gaurd is proven wrong, and I think Kizaru's nephew (Sentomaru or something) is using seastone on his hands - that's how he's able to hit Luffy and why Chopper was baffled about it.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I agree, Sentoumaru probably uses seastone punches to hit luffy. in addition to giant-like strength and all.

also, people have been complaining that Brooke doesn't get any chance to show his skills, since he is the weaker swordsman, seems like those times are ending.

I wonder if anyone else will go, maybe chopper (somebody will need to stop him now).

I think that Kuma sends them to a secret testing ground, where they are kept asleep in tubes for dr.vega crazy experiments.

rockmanj
Fri, 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM
I know we touched on this, but how tall is Kizaru? he's like twice Silvers' height. But yea, great chapter. I didn't expect that ending at all.

docdan63
Sat, 08-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I know we touched on this, but how tall is Kizaru? he's like twice Silvers' height. But yea, great chapter. I didn't expect that ending at all.

Thank you! finally someone cares about they're height and Oda's height obsession. I think that he's around 9 feet. Aokiji was the same height and the SH's thought he was a tree. Yeah he's fucking monstrous. Silvers is about 6'4 and he's almost the height of Franky who is like 6'9. Robin is 6'2. Oda has a weird height thing.

Carnage
Sat, 08-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe he's just pissed about how short everyone is in Dragonball and Naruto.

toonice714
Sat, 08-30-2008, 01:50 PM
This manga rocks!! I think that the dark king might not have an ability because he even used what seems to be a regular sword. I think that "spirit attacking" or what have you is a logia stopper. Maybe its like an uber concentration where he is attacking very forcefully to an area versus a target and since logia bodies take up space of the targeted area they take damage because the attack is indirectly effecting them. So it probably takes forethought to fight logias physically.

kAi
Sun, 08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
It's good to see this manga is so kick ass.
I'm not sure where this is going because they still need to get their ship coated, Zoro has gone missing and they still have 3 days to run around with.

It's hard to see where they are going to go with this, will they be captured, will someone come and rescue them? not sure

poopdeville
Sun, 08-31-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree with toonice about Raleigh. I bet he doesn't have any powers besides being really strong and having the spirit blast thing.

Also, I think the spirit blast is kind of a "completion" of Enel's mantra -- kind of how Soru is a "complete" version of Kuro's flash dance or whatever it was called. I mean, Kizaru can move at the speed of light, and Raleigh was able to dodge, so he must have known what Kizaru was going to do before Kizaru himself did.

And I think this is why they were so "polite" to each other. They probably both have a completed mantra, and know they can never beat the other one on one.

joker-kun
Sun, 08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
BTW. I wanted to point out - even though I am sure you already ALL noticed - that Rayleigh actually drew blood on Kizaru:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/08/

(bottom right frame)

viper00
Sun, 08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Awesome chapter! Anyone else think that Rayleigh's sandal's and sword are probably made from sea stone to cancel out the devil fruit ability?

And I think Usopp just crapped his pants at the end lol.

docdan63
Mon, 09-01-2008, 01:33 AM
I agree, Sentoumaru probably uses seastone punches to hit luffy. in addition to giant-like strength and all.

Well, I think that you're all forgetting what his identification box said when he was first introduced. He is the captain of the marines science division, in addition to being Vegapunks body guard. So I think that he is somewhat knowledgeable of what is going on in the marines, how the pirate world operates, and, as someone so high up, and personally knowing Vegapunk, someone who can handle his on knowledge as a plus to his size. He's not just a very big guy with a giant axe. In fact, I'm guessing he knows how to fight Luffy, logias, pretty much anyone in the NW. So I don't think that he's just ising sea stone punches or a dial. I think he's just able to be that strong be it aura or other wise. He's like the last gladiator that you have to get past to get to the final level and not worry about him. So he's probably gone through a whole mess of villains and pirates over the years getting stronger and better. He said it himself to Luffy that he doesn't even need his ace for him. This guy is already stronger than Croc or any of those previous people were.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't see it that way.
sure, he's strong, but I see him around francky's type of character

if this was a regular fight (sentoumaru as big boss, Luffy fighting) then I really can't see as a worthy challenge.

my impression of him is that he just rode Vegapunks and Kizaru's tails to the higher ranks, and he runs around commanding PXs thinking he's all that tough.
not to say that he isn't strong, but on his own, he isn't a threat.

(that's just the feeling I get from him)

Abdula
Mon, 09-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm with DBZ, he may be knowledgeable and he may even have some tricks up his sleeve but I don't think he has the pure fighting ability, that the other guys do. He just doesn't seem to me to be a guy thats much of a threat on his own, sure he could probably beat on some supernovas but he's no admiral. I think DBZ nailed it on the head, he's just like franky. Ofcourse we could always be wrong but that remains to be seen.

docdan63
Tue, 09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm with DBZ, he may be knowledgeable and he may even have some tricks up his sleeve but I don't think he has the pure fighting ability, that the other guys do. He just doesn't seem to me to be a guy thats much of a threat on his own, sure he could probably beat on some supernovas but he's no admiral. I think DBZ nailed it on the head, he's just like franky. Of course we could always be wrong but that remains to be seen.

So then give him a logia and he's good to go tow to tow with an Admiral. You guys seem to think that Admirals are better fighters than Lucci or Luffy in his 2nd gear state. All Aokiji did was be really tall and grab zoro and sanji by the arm and leg. Why do you guys keep putting than on his own pedestal? Do you guys really think without his fruit he's be even decent? No, I don't think he would be. At least Kizaru can kick and knows some karate to hold his own even without his fruit. I don't even know why the 5 government heads said he was the strongest man in the marines. I mean Kizaru has to be much stronger than he is. And Akainu is probably much stronger than both of them combined, at the rate of Odas creativity.

And about the ending with Kuma and Zoro. I have no idea where kuma took Zoro, but it seems that Oda is making Kuma a good guy. Or he's possibly just following vegapunk's orders.

Abdula
Tue, 09-02-2008, 07:21 PM
You guys seem to think that Admirals are better fighters than Lucci or Luffy in his 2nd gear state. Never said that, its an impression thing and he just doesn't give me that impression

All Aokiji did was be really tall and grab zoro and sanji by the arm and leg. Why do you guys keep putting than on his own pedestal? Do you guys really think without his fruit he's be even decent? No, I don't think he would be. I think he would be, I doubt that he always had a fruit ability and Aokiji doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that would rely solely on his DF ability. I doubt one could become an admiral simply because they have a strong fruit.

I don't even know why the 5 government heads said he was the strongest man in the marines. I mean Kizaru has to be much stronger than he is. And Akainu is probably much stronger than both of them combined, at the rate of Odas creativity. but they said it and since we don't know how the the admirals would stack up against each other one on one, you may as well accept it, until we see otherwise.

And about the ending with Kuma and Zoro. I have no idea where kuma took Zoro, but it seems that Oda is making Kuma a good guy. Or he's possibly just following vegapunk's orders. Or he is just being Kuma

poopdeville
Tue, 09-02-2008, 10:33 PM
My guess is that Zoro is now hanging out with Crocodile and Ace in Impel Down. In which case, Thousand Sunny and her coating are going to take the crew to the largest underwater prison in the world, instead of Merman Island. I hope I'm wrong. I don't need to read another drawn out Rescuing Nakama arc.

When did they say Aokiji was the strongest Marine? I thought they said that was Rear Admiral Sengoku the Buddha, the only Marine to have fought Roger as equals. Anyway, the reason people put Aokiji on a pedestal is because he is an admiral. The way he spoke about Garp made it sound like he trained under Garp, like Luffy, Helmeppo, and Coby did. (In which case he knows all about Soru and the other CP9 techniques). Also, he engineered the entire CP9-Robin encounter after he left his fight with Luffy, super-spy style. (CP9 wouldn't have known about Robin unless Aokiji told them where the Strawhats were heading)

So he can fight with the best in the world, is smarter than most, and has government connections. What were you complaining about again?

Abdula
Tue, 09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
My guess is that Zoro is now hanging out with Crocodile and Ace in Impel Down. In which case, Thousand Sunny and her coating are going to take the crew to the largest underwater prison in the world, instead of Merman Island. I hope I'm wrong. I don't need to read another drawn out Rescuing Nakama arc. Although.......

When did they say Aokiji was the strongest Marine? I thought they said that was Rear Admiral Sengoku the Buddha, the only Marine to have fought Roger as equals.
Interesting theory and I actually like it but yeah I think its way too soon to be doing another Nakama rescue arc.

I don't know what he is referring to but I just rolled with it, figured someone would clear it up eventually if it was wrong.

So he can fight with the best in the world, is smarter than most, and has government connections. What were you complaining about again?
Yeah, he's the coolest character in the series, pun intended.:cool:

docdan63
Wed, 09-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Interesting theory and I actually like it but yeah I think its way too soon to be doing another Nakama rescue arc.

I don't know what he is referring to but I just rolled with it, figured someone would clear it up eventually if it was wrong.

Yeah, he's the coolest character in the series, pun intended.:cool:

Ok you know what gang up on me and form your little Aokiji love circle, I don't care. I just htink he's really really really tall (an Admiral trait) and that he has a good logia. If Oda strips him from his power and goes back in time to show him before he ate his fruit, and he still can hold his own, or even before he grew to 9 feet tall, then I'll agree with you guys. That is the only way I'll agree with you though. Otherwise, besides his height and his fruit, he's just another high ranking official with a sleep mask and a cool afro. That's it.

BTW here is where the government said it
http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000303/19.jpg

Anyway, I actually don't think Zoro went to ID. I think Kuma reads their mind, and takes them wherever they think of. I don't know if someone mentioned it before, but back when he visited Moria on the ship he asked the same thing to Moria and he shrugged it off saying he knows how the fellow shichibukai's powers work. So he probably didn't think of anything. And also, no one ever says anything when Kuma asks them. The only other way is one of two things happening

1 Kuma sends them all to someplace mandatory by Vegapunks orders
2 he reads they minds and sends them wherever they want to be sent based on what they think of
3 totally random but, he might send them someplace to heal up after a beating

Other than those two I really don't see how it could work. However where Zoro went, that I have a theory about. I actually think he went to go either back to the ship to heal up and be saved, or (and I know it's crazy but bare with me folks) I think if the thought thing is true, I think he sent Zoro to wherever Mihawk is to fight him. It makes sense. He's wanted another shot this whole time with him and has been coming up with new more powerful moves along the way ever since he owned him on that island and gave him that scar.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 09-03-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm holding on to my original idea, that Kuma sends them off to a cryogentic tube (Matrix style) at Vegapunk's lab. he asks them that question so they'll 'sleep' in peace while Vega conducts experiments on them.

also. according to chapter 467 (are you guys making sure to get volume versions?) we should see a certain 'professor' explaining about the devil fruits in the near future.

docdan63
Wed, 09-03-2008, 01:13 AM
According to chapter 467 (are you guys making sure to get volume versions?) we should see a certain 'professor' explaining about the devil fruits in the near future.
Chapter 467 is the fight between the zombie that stole Brooks shadow and Zoro so I don't know what you mean by volume versions or a certain "professor". If you're going to list it, make sure everyone or at least the majority has the correct chapters. And I don't think we'll ever get an explanation on how they work, ever. Even if chopper meets Vegapunk and begs him more than he he did Hogback, I don't think we'll get one out of him. If that's not the professor you're referring too, than I don't know who it is you're talking about. Honestly I don't care about how they work, I care more about if they just do. Knowing how they work or what they to the body of the person who eats them (yes even logia users) doesn't make OP as a whole any better to me. I don't either way and as matter of fact. I don't want to know.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 09-03-2008, 02:44 AM
and so said DBZ, "let there be proof", and proof become, from the core it was manifest, black on white, written (and illustrated) by he who carries the pirate's arm.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5720/onepiecev48166bn2.th.png (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onepiecev48166bn2.png)

#null@irchighway.net
go there, get volume versions, read Oda's rumblings.

Assertn
Wed, 09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
and so said DBZ, "let there be proof", and proof become, from the core it was manifest, black on white, written (and illustrated) by he who carries the pirate's arm.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5720/onepiecev48166bn2.th.png (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onepiecev48166bn2.png)

#null@irchighway.net
go there, get volume versions, read Oda's rumblings.
I don't suppose you'd have anything legible, would you?

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Ok you know what gang up on me and form your little Aokiji love circle, I don't care. I just htink he's really really really tall (an Admiral trait) and that he has a good logia. If Oda strips him from his power and goes back in time to show him before he ate his fruit, and he still can hold his own, or even before he grew to 9 feet tall, then I'll agree with you guys. That is the only way I'll agree with you though.
Um don't you think you're just being stubborn Dan because that is just ridiculous and no one is ganging up one you.

BTW here is where the government said it
http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000303/19.jpg
Didn't remember that.

Anyway, I actually don't think Zoro went to ID. I think Kuma reads their mind, and takes them wherever they think of. I don't know if someone mentioned it before, but back when he visited Moria on the ship he asked the same thing to Moria and he shrugged it off saying he knows how the fellow shichibukai's powers work. So he probably didn't think of anything. And also, no one ever says anything when Kuma asks them. The only other way is one of two things happening

1 Kuma sends them all to someplace mandatory by Vegapunks orders
2 he reads they minds and sends them wherever they want to be sent based on what they think of
3 totally random but, he might send them someplace to heal up after a beating
Mind reading? Uh okay I'll buy that, lets give even more weird attributes to Kuma.

I think if the thought thing is true, I think he sent Zoro to wherever Mihawk is to fight him. It makes sense. He's wanted another shot this whole time with him and has been coming up with new more powerful moves along the way ever since he owned him on that island and gave him that scar. No for one thing Zoro is badly injured, I don't think he ever got the chance to heal properly from his first encounter with Mihawk and he has just accumulated alot more injuries since then. Secondly I don't think he has any interest in meeting Mihawk now because he just isn't ready. Zoro wants to raise his level of swordsmanship to that of Mihawk's before they meet again and he knows that he is nowhere near that level yet.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
sorry, I forgot that Imageshack resizes everything.
here's the page in readable version

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2066/onepiecev48166kz2.th.png (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onepiecev48166kz2.png)

animus
Wed, 09-03-2008, 12:43 PM
I think Sentoumaru's just strong. Even if he had seastone and cancelled out Luffy's rubber abilities, he was destroying him. There's a reason Luffy screamed that as they are they had no chance of beating those 3 (which then showed their portraits).

poopdeville
Sat, 09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah right. Zoro knows he isn't ready to fight Mihawk. He realized it when he took all of Luffy's "damage" after the Moria fight. Luffy got utterly beat to shit -- Zoro didn't realize how much Luffy suffers to protect them all.