PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shipudden Episode 73

Kusanagi
Thu, 08-28-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns073.torrent

If i wasn't trolled :rolleyes:

Assertn
Fri, 08-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Good Episode. Animation was really crisp and it showed a decent amount of content too.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Yep. A nice all around kick-ass episode.

Is it just me, or is Yamato's Kyuubi controlling technique becoming arbitrarily cooler looking? It used to be just some spiked logs, but now its like dragonhead candle-things.

And the akatsuki priest seems to be immortal or something.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
This ep gave some meaning to the previous filler was of some kind of importance. We got to know Chiriku, thus caring just a little bit more about his fight.

Kraco
Fri, 08-29-2008, 08:41 AM

I think he's rather some sort of an undead creature seeing how he ends up in a ritual with a stake through his heart after every hard fight... Still, I hope this was the last time we see things like this. A third time of seeing those two first losing and then suddenly cut to winning with no explanations would be ridiculous.

To be honest I never expected much from those monks. Based on the filler the head monk was the only one there worth anything, but a lone monk vs two Akatsuki mofos isn't exactly the very definition of a surprise outcome.

unandpw
Fri, 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM

Spoiler removed. Please be more careful and read the rules.
-Assassin

Awesome episode. I like the subtle battles these guys get into.

KrayZ33
Fri, 08-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I think he's rather some sort of an undead creature seeing how he ends up in a ritual with a stake through his heart after every hard fight... Still, I hope this was the last time we see things like this. A third time of seeing those two first losing and then suddenly cut to winning with no explanations would be ridiculous.

ya, his arms got all "bony" after they fought the two tails (like this haloween costume) thats why I thought/think he's some kind of undead when he fights... maye like a Necron from Warhammer ^^

oh great ep... movie quality (!)... I bet the next one or two hundred episodes will be bad again :), it's like they spend all their money in 1 episode and earn it back in the next 20 or 30 filler episodes :/

Hidan and Kakuzu are totally awesome... they are even more creepy and "darker" than Orochimaru in my opinion, I absolutely like them.. best characters so far and I havn't seen much from them yet ^^

Abdula
Fri, 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Hidan and Kakuzu are totally awesome... they are even more creepy and "darker" than Orochimaru in my opinion, I absolutely like them.. best characters so far and I havn't seen much from them yet ^^
Woah, getting abit ahead of yourself there, eh KrayZ? Maybe just a little too excited.

KrayZ33
Fri, 08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Hmmm not really, it's just that Oro is only disgusting and not creepy. While Hidan's ritual has the opposite effect on me..

and Kakuzu is one of the few characters who at least _looks_ like a ninja for me since I prefer it when they wear a mask(like Kakashi, Zabuza and the Demonbrothers )... and his looks reminds me a bit of Shredder... a character I loved when I was a child and he becomes bonus points for beeing a laid-back, money loving, badass character.

Abdula
Fri, 08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Oro is not creepy. Okay then:rolleyes:

and Kakuzu is one of the few characters who at least _looks_ like a ninja for me since I prefer it when they wear a mask(like Kakashi, Zabuza and the Demonbrothers )... and his looks reminds me a bit of Shredder... a character I loved when I was a child and he becomes bonus points for beeing a laid-back, money loving, badass character.
Yeah Kakuzu is nice, I've been waiting forever to be able to use this cool avatar of him I had, which unfortunately is gone now. Its going to be wonderful seeing the rest of this arc animated thats if they don't manage to mess it up.

Speaking of messing things up, for anyone who reads the manga. That scene in the last episode where Kakashi was talking to Asuma and Kurenai came in, that was supposed to have happened while Kakashi was still in the hospital right before Naruto's training began, oh and Asuma was the one that was sent on the recon mission right? I think I got something confused somewhere, the timeline is just too muddled. I guess they must have changed something because they sent Asuma on that fake recon mission in the beginning of the fillers.

ASSpirine
Fri, 08-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Lol at Hidan again :p
Cool ritual

Hope to know more about these 2 akatsuki's

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm loving these two new Akatsuki too. I could just listen to them banter back and forth all day. I don't hear the word "cocksucker" nearly often enough in shounen anime.
Still, I hope this was the last time we see things like this. A third time of seeing those two first losing and then suddenly cut to winning with no explanations would be ridiculous.Well, obviously they aren't going to show off what they can actually do until they fight some of the main characters. If you watch them fight, and know all their powers, it takes the suspense out of the fights with the real characters.
he's some kind of undead when he fights... maye like a Necron from WarhammerNecrons are robots. :p

redcat
Fri, 08-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't hear the word "cocksucker" nearly often enough in shounen anime.
does anyone know if that was an accurate translation or a bit of an exaggeration by DB?

Abdula
Fri, 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM
It was a bit of exaggeration, Hidan curses like a sailor but we didn't get any of that until later, when he gets angry. You won't like him when he's angry:rolleyes:

Kusanagi
Sat, 08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
So how exactly does a ninja stay alive after having a stake driven through his heart? I would say he's doing it to himself, and so far we've seen him do it to the 2-tails and to Chiriku.

And why does Chiriku, a monk, have a 30 million bounty? I know he was a member of the 12 ninja guardians, but it was never explained that they were criminalized or anything.

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Dude... there are bingo books for any country.
Enemy countries put bounty's on the heads of hero's in the ranks of their enemies. Kakuzu must be using some Rock bingo book or something like that.

Kraco
Sat, 08-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Maybe he did some daring deeds in the service of the feudal lord, and some other country placed that bounty on him.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-30-2008, 08:51 PM
So how exactly does a ninja stay alive after having a stake driven through his heart? I would say he's doing it to himself, and so far we've seen him do it to the 2-tails and to Chiriku.

And why does Chiriku, a monk, have a 30 million bounty? I know he was a member of the 12 ninja guardians, but it was never explained that they were criminalized or anything.

Perhaps his immortality stems from that ritual. Every time her performs it, he gains a life. He can be killed then, but with great difficulty, hence his saying "If you can"

KrayZ33
Sun, 08-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Btw didn't Yamato summon the waterfall Naruto uses for training now, days or weeks ago?

And the water is still flowing out of nowhere? Doesn't that consume a massive amount of chakra? I mean, it's not like there is a river constantly flowing.. at least I couldn't see one when he created the "new scenery"

Abdula
Sun, 08-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Well in the manga, Naruto was just starting his training now so really he didn't create the waterfall more than a few hours ago. This Akatsuki stuff was supposed to have happened while Kakashi was still in the hospital which is one of the things that made Naruto's training so important because they were already coming for him. There is also another important scene that they skipped that I'm interested to see where they are going to try and fit it in. They just completely messed up the timeline.

I mean, it's not like there is a river constantly flowing.. at least I couldn't see one when he created the "new scenery"
Maybe there was one underground, or he just tapped into the water table or something. I don't think Yamato is strong enough to create his own water source.

*looks at KrayZ's avatar*

Oh you bitch.

redcat
Sun, 08-31-2008, 04:48 PM
I assumed he just widened the existing river by moving out the dirt

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Well in the manga, Naruto was just starting his training now so really he didn't create the waterfall more than a few hours ago. This Akatsuki stuff was supposed to have happened while Kakashi was still in the hospital which is one of the things that made Naruto's training so important because they were already coming for him. There is also another important scene that they skipped that I'm interested to see where they are going to try and fit it in. They just completely messed up the timeline.

That makes so much more f*ing sense now.

Maybe there was one underground, or he just tapped into the water table or something. I don't think Yamato is strong enough to create his own water source.

That may well be the case. If memory serves me right, when they introduced the 2nd Hokage, they described him as being able to use high level water techniques without a source of water.

If that's the case, then it depends on whether maintaining a waterfall of that magnitude is a high level technique. We know it expends a lot of chakra, but that's about it. Further more, the First had a Earth and Water disposition, while the Second, being his brother with similar DNA, had supernatural Water affinity.

It would probably make sense that Yamato's water control is above normal ninja levels. Besides, does being an ANBU mean you're necessarily below a Jounin?

Abdula
Sun, 08-31-2008, 10:38 PM
It would probably make sense that Yamato's water control is above normal ninja levels. Besides, does being an ANBU mean you're necessarily below a Jounin?
Above a regular ninja sure, but thus far there are only two people capable of creating their own water source The Second and Kisame and I don't think Yamato is on their level.

Oh and the Anbu are just a group. The members are chuunin or above, the majority of them actually seem to be Jounin. The Anbu are actually pretty strong, Yamato and Kakashi are perfect examples. Kishi just doesn't have much love for them and he likes to use them for fodder, so they get a bad rap.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-31-2008, 11:40 PM
That may well be the case. If memory serves me right, when they introduced the 2nd Hokage, they described him as being able to use high level water techniques without a source of water.

If that's the case, then it depends on whether maintaining a waterfall of that magnitude is a high level technique. We know it expends a lot of chakra, but that's about it. Further more, the First had a Earth and Water disposition, while the Second, being his brother with similar DNA, had supernatural Water affinity.

Would you be able to address this part without spoiling, Abdula? Or anyone else?

Abdula
Sun, 08-31-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't think there is anything to spoil, basically you know all we do. Other than the second there doesn't seem to be anyone who can use high level water jutsus without a source. What exactly is high level is debatable and Kisame is a unique case because he creates his own water source by spitting up a ridiculous amount of water. Water jutsus aren't really popular, after this I can only think of maybe four instances where one was actually used, three of them being in this arc.

Oh and there doesn't seem to be any maintenance involved, at least not to me.

Kraco
Mon, 09-01-2008, 12:50 AM
I guess this means Naruto will eventually master Wind techniques enough that he can use them even without air (should he ever build a shadow clone pyramid high enough to reach the orbit)...

capoi
Mon, 09-01-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm not a totally manga reader. I'm stop reading manga after the end of naruto training arc. I cant remember whether yamato adding more waterfall for naruto. I think, yamato just create a circulation waterfall. We know he is an earth element user. The water should flow underground from down to top of waterfaIl. Basically thats my theory and i think its possible in manga only. But now we can argue about time when yamato create a waterfall, sora's filler and naruto resuming his traing with a huge waterfall. Maybe yamato just stop his water jutsu and leave it like before the training.

I must admit the previous filler leave a bit effect to the original story. What can i say, the previous filler is just to introduce about chiriku from fire country. Sorry guys for my poor english.

StingRay
Mon, 09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
anyone else notice Kakuzu's arm? it looked like it was sewn or stitched together. You see it when he picks up Chiriku's corpse and puts it on his back. Maybe that has something to do with whatever techniques he uses? I dunno just something odd i noticed was all.

KrayZ33
Mon, 09-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't see the connection with his techniques there yet... (especially after seeing his arm turn totally black... as if it froze or something)

the first thing which came into my mind was that he is stitched up together some people of you might have played warcraft 3, there is a unit called "abomination" it's stitched up together with many different parts of human flesh and limbs.. (so it's a being made out of 10 other beings )

it's a weird "medical project"... so I thought Kakuzu might be something like that too... it would be cool if he has a connection to orochimaru or something like that (because we've seen him doing this stuff)

btw...

*looks at KrayZ's avatar*

Oh you bitch.

Haaaa-Haaaa

Assertn
Mon, 09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Why can't a ninja just be ninja-esque without people assuming he has some sort of physical deformity? Jesus, all we've seen Kakazu do is punch down a door.

KrayZ33
Mon, 09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
well maybe because he's got weird eyes... and maybe because both his left AND his right arm have those stitches?

that, plus he is a member of akatsuki might be the cause why people think "there is more to him than a mere ninja-esque appearance"

Abdula
Mon, 09-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Me wonders if KrayZ knows more than he's letting on.

Why can't a ninja just be ninja-esque without people assuming he has some sort of physical deformity? Jesus, all we've seen Kakazu do is punch down a door.
Because, really when was the last time a normal ninja was introduced. Hidan is a freak so its reasonable to assume that his partner is one too, and before them we had Deidara and Sasori, and Yamato who was Oro's guinea pig.

KrayZ33
Mon, 09-01-2008, 04:10 PM
well I noticed the stitches on both arms in the fan art I made my avatar from ^^

but it's shown in this episode too (when he closes the map and when he smashed down the big gate) so it's not a spoiler anymore, heheee

Mizuchi
Mon, 09-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Yamato probably used the water from underground and pooled it together to compose the waterfall, and then changed the earth to allow it to actually be a waterfall, and to move the water together.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
well I noticed the stitches on both arms in the fan art I made my avatar from ^^

but it's shown in this episode too (when he closes the map and when he smashed down the big gate) so it's not a spoiler anymore, heheee

I just thought that they were ninja tatts.

And for Yamato being able to make the waterfall bigger or calling for water at all...could have just made the water from the moisture in the air, in one of the fillers someone was able to do that.

Plus the wood technique does require a lot of water and earth knowledge.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Water jutsus aren't really popular, after this I can only think of maybe four instances where one was actually used, three of them being in this arc.There's more Water jutsu users in the series than any other element so far. With the 1st(earth and water), 2nd, and the 3rd, Zabazu, Haku(water and wind), Yamato(earth and water), Kakashi and Kisame. That's 8.

How many Wind users are there so far? 4? Naruto, Temari, Asuma, Haku(wind and water) Earth element? The 3rd, the 1st, Jiboro, Kakashi, Yamato(earth and water).
How many lightning users have they shown? Just Kakashi and Sasuke.

The only one that comes close is Fire because in addition to Kakashi and Sasuke, a lot of generic kohona ninjas are shown using fire techniques.

Abdula
Mon, 09-01-2008, 10:59 PM
um, that wasn't fan art.

in one of the fillers someone was able to do that.
Never ever use filler to try and explain canon material. Okay, got it. Good.

There's more Water jutsu users in the series than any other element so far. With the 1st(earth and water), 2nd, and the 3rd, Zabazu, Haku(water and wind), Yamato(earth and water), Kakashi and Kisame. That's 8.

How many Wind users are there so far? 4? Naruto, Temari, Asuma, Haku(wind and water) Earth element? The 3rd, the 1st, Jiboro, Kakashi, Yamato(earth and water).
How many lightning users have they shown? Just Kakashi and Sasuke.
Uh, I think the only one you actually got right was lightning. Anyway my point, wasn't about the number of people who can use water jutsus, my point was that we don't get to see many water techniques. Like I said after Yamato's little waterfall creation, we're only going to see about four water techniques, and then there is a drought.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-02-2008, 04:19 AM
I see, if your only speaking of people that used a water jutsu, and not just those who could use the water element, then that would leave most of the combination users off the list.

If we're just talking about jutsu, then yeah, there's probably even less. But I still think there's more water jutsu shown than any other just because there's been two main villains that were water specific. I mean, Zabuza had the water prison, the water clones, the water blast, the water dragons, the and Kisame had the sharks and I think a couple other techniques, and the 2nd, Kisame and Yamato can all summon bodies of water. And then there's Gamabunta's water bullet.

I can only think of three fire jutsu(fireball, fire blossom and fire dragon), one lightning(Chidori, although I guess fully body chidori and chidori sword count also). Maybe three wind jutsu(Asuma's wind chakra blade, and Temari's wind scythes, Shukaku's air blasts, oh, and Gaara's squad leader had some kind of wind sword jutsu, but they cut away and didn't actually show it). Then for earth you have like the mud replacement, earth wall, earth decapitation, and Jiroubou chakra eating dome thing.

It all boils down to what elements had main characters/villains that really represented them. Kisame and Zabuza were both main villains. Temari is the only main character that uses wind until Naruto actually learns the how to use it. Sasuke is the only character that had a fire theme going(and now he's also the only lightning themed character), And the only real Earth element character was Jiroubou.

EDIT: Ooh, I just remebered that Sasori's final puppet form had a water jutsu and a fire jutsu.

ASSpirine
Tue, 09-02-2008, 05:50 AM
I don't think puppets count...
Just wondering when they are going to give a bit more information about the elements natured jutsu's. When they said that Naruto had the "rare" wind, I think they mean it's rare for people from Konoha. Think they got lots of them in the wind country.

KrayZ33
Tue, 09-02-2008, 06:25 AM
When they said that Naruto had the "rare" wind, I think they mean it's rare for people from Konoha. Think they got lots of them in the wind country.

I always wondered why it's called the "fire country" when actually only a few people use fire techniques..

When I started to watch Naruto and they explained the 5(?) Different countrys, I thought of it to be similiar to "Avatar: The Last Airbender"... people in Konoha mainly using fire techniques (like Sasuke), Land of Water using Water Techniques like Zabuza or Kisame...

I was fine with it when they also use different elements... but for some reason Konoha seems to be the only country which uses earth, lightning, fire, water, wind, water techniques without limitations...

ASSpirine
Tue, 09-02-2008, 06:37 AM
It's sad that we only get to see the Fire country, Wind country and a little bit of sound and when we're lucky, some water. But where the hell are the other countries?...

Abdula
Tue, 09-02-2008, 08:37 AM
There is no sound country, and we never got to see the sound village either. If you're refering to Jiraiya, Naruto and Sakura going after Sasuke after he left the village that was filler.

I always wondered why it's called the "fire country" when actually only a few people use fire techniques..

When I started to watch Naruto and they explained the 5(?) Different countrys, I thought of it to be similiar to "Avatar: The Last Airbender"... people in Konoha mainly using fire techniques (like Sasuke), Land of Water using Water Techniques like Zabuza or Kisame...

I was fine with it when they also use different elements... but for some reason Konoha seems to be the only country which uses earth, lightning, fire, water, wind, water techniques without limitations...
Its rather simple KrayZ, the Uchiha clan were probably one of if not the largest clan and they were all fire users. Konoha isn't the only country that has ninjas that use different elements that I'm sure of, heck we went to the Wind Country and we only saw two wind users Baki and Temari, neither of which were involved in the rescue Gaara arc.

While that may have worked for Avatar, I'm sure you could see how it wouldn't work for ninjas. Ninjas are supposed to be very well versed and easily able to adapt to any situation, that couldn't be possible if they specialized in only one area. What were a bunch of fire ninjas going to do if they were attacked by water ninjas etc. So they would ofcourse become more diverse

Anyway what ever gave you guys the idea that the country was named based on what its people could do rather than on geographical features. The land of waves, was a small island, the sand village is in the middle of the desert, the hidden leaf village is in a forest. If the villages are named based on their geographical features, what made you guys think that the names of the countries would be based on anything else

KrayZ33
Tue, 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Anyway what ever gave you guys the idea that the country was named based on what its people could do rather than on geographical features. The land of waves, was a small island, the sand village is in the middle of the desert, the hidden leave village is in a forest. If the villages are named based on their geographical features, what made you guys think that the names of the countries would be based on anything else

well because they got stuff to train with there .. for example you need water to use water jutsus and maybe the surroundings determine the affinity a child has in some way... so like 80% of the people who live near water all the time are good with water-jutsu

While that may have worked for Avatar, I'm sure you could see how it wouldn't work for ninjas. Ninjas are supposed to be very well versed and easily able to adapt to any situation, that couldn't be possible if they specialized in only one area. What were a bunch of fire ninjas going to do if they were attacked by water ninjas etc. So they would ofcourse become more diverse

well if it works for Avatar, why not for Ninjas...? The fire country had to fight people of the water countries in Avatar too, and they had no problem with doing so.

and it's not like I want them to learn only "water" or "fire" techniques... even if the "village of the sound" isn't a real hidden village, we've seen a lot of sound based jutsus from there. not only from the 3 genins, but also from that red-haired girl with the flute.

actually I wonder what makes you think the opposite? yet a huge amount of other countries jutsus were based on the countries name...

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I love that Kakuzu is from the Hidden Falls. They always had my favorite headband and it sucks that the only thing they've ever done with that village was an OVA.
If the villages are named based on their geographical features, what made you guys think that the names of the countries would be based on anything elseBut that doesn't make any sense either. Since the Fire Country doesn't appear to be covered in volcanoes or...you know...on fire. And somehow, I doubt the Lightning Country is like the Thunder Plains in FFX.
I don't think puppets count...Well, if it was just water tanks and napalm tanks, then no, but its magic scrolls that provide the water and the fire, so I'd say it counts as a jutsu.
When they said that Naruto had the "rare" wind, I think they mean it's rare for people from Konoha. Think they got lots of them in the wind country.I assumed that was the case also. That Wind users are probably common in the Hidden Sand, but rare elsewhere. Likewise, pretty much everyone we've seen from the Hidden Mist has been a water user.

Abdula
Tue, 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I love that Kakuzu is from the Hidden Falls. They always had my favorite headband and it sucks that the only thing they've ever done with that village was an OVA.
That was an Ova it has nothing to do with the canon material. Just forget you ever saw it. I really have no idea why they decided to use that village anyway, why not just make up some crappy new village like they usually do.

But that doesn't make any sense either.Since the Fire Country doesn't appear to be covered in volcanoes or...you know...on fire. And you know this because you've seen so much of the fire country right..........

And somehow, I doubt the Lightning Country is like the Thunder Plains in FFX. Actually, ah never mind.

Well, if it was just water tanks and napalm tanks, then no, but its magic scrolls that provide the water and the fire, so I'd say it counts as a jutsu.I assumed that was the case also. No, the puppets don't count

That Wind users are probably common in the Hidden Sand, but rare elsewhere. Likewise, pretty much everyone we've seen from the Hidden Mist has been a water user. Because you've seen what, four ninjas from the hidden mist village. You guys are making alot of assumptions based on things you just don't know.

@KrayZ because it just makes much more damn sense if the country is named based on its geographical characteristics rather than the abilites of some of its ninjas. For one thing the countries are massive and before the villages were founded it was made of a number of clans, so naming it the fire country because say the Uchihas use fire techniques when the Uchiha are just a very small part of the population of the country doesn't make sense, might as well name it the shadow country because of the Nara clan or Byakugan country because the Hyuuga were supposedly one of the largest ninja clans.

I emphasize ninja clans because you guys seem to be forgetting that the countries in Naruto are supposed to be massive and each country only has one ninja village, so ninjas make up a very small part of the population. All they are is the country's military force, so again it wouldn't make sense naming a country based on what a small number of people can do.

Secondly all the speculation about whether wind affinity is rare in the leaf and common in the sand or whether one affinity is common in a particular country or not wouldn't be an issue if the countries were named based on their geographical characteristics.

Also I'm pretty sure this was discussed before along with the whole Kage thing. You know each kage represents an element.......

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 03:49 AM
so naming it the fire country because say the Uchihas use fire techniques when the Uchiha are just a very small part of the population of the country doesn't make sense, might as well name it the shadow country because of the Nara clan or Byakugan country because the Hyuuga were supposedly one of the largest ninja clans.

It's not like the country has to be named after the ninja techniques, but the ninjas use ninja techniques which are named after their country...

thats why I thought they are more fire users in the fire country... it has nothing to do with ninjas who decided to call the land "fire country" but rather with ninjas who decide to "represent their *fire* country" with *fire-jutsus*.. or if the country is really called so because of geographical reasons, it would be even more meaningful and useful if they use fire techniques.

I don't see a problem there...who said that they can not name it because of geographical reasons?
but it's actually funny that we saw so many water, mud and ice jutsus from the mist country... its just *normal* to assume that the name of the country have to do something with the ninja-jutsus as well, simply because it happened so early in the story.

"oh Zabuza uses water techniques... water clone, water dragon, water prison.. Haku uses Ice... it's water too, well I guess thats normal for ninjas in the Mist country.. it's like the name says"

Btw the demon brothers "hid" in a puddle when they wanted to kill Naruto and the others.. why a puddle? because in the water country, there are lots of puddles... noone would care for one more or one less, in the fire country however it seems to be a different case.

so if their homeland is surrounded by water, it would be reasonable if they are trained in water-jutsus, the reason is obvious.. they have the advantage there then...It's always more helpfull if you can use your surroundings as a ninja.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-03-2008, 04:13 AM
My take on this:

Ninja's elemental disposition may vary from country to country, and it may be that this disposition is stronger in some areas compared to others, hence the naming of the countries. Basically, "I'm not sure if Fire country is because they have lots of fire users."

What I do know is that all the countries, all the clans and such have their own secrets, including all their secret techniques which aren't suppose to be known by other countries. Or rather, know-how-to-be-used by other countries. These techniques may be centered around certain elements, and the country's name based on this.

If we use that logic, then it means that each country doesn't necessarily have more specific elemental users than others, but those who do happen to be, say, fire users from the fire country would be reknowned for having more powerful techniques. Hence, in a way, the Fire country will in time be known for their Fire Shinobi.

Of course, this is on just as shaky (or not) foundation as the other ideas that have popped up.

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh nice theory Bill.

thats why I thought they are more fire users in the fire country... it has nothing to do with ninjas who decided to call the land "fire country" but rather with ninjas who decide to "represent their *fire* country" with *fire-jutsus*.. or if the country is really called so because of geographical reasons, it would be even more meaningful and useful if they use fire techniques.
You make it sound as if they have a choice KrayZ. If they have fire affinity they will ofcourse use fire techniques, if they don't then they can't.

but it's actually funny that we saw so many water, mud and ice jutsus from the mist country... its just *normal* to assume that the name of the country have to do something with the ninja-jutsus as well, simply because it happened so early in the story.

"oh Zabuza uses water techniques... water clone, water dragon, water prison.. Haku uses Ice... it's water too, well I guess thats normal for ninjas in the Mist country.. it's like the name says" Uh, right and there is no one from the fire country who used fire techniques right........There was a whole clan of people who were famous for the mastery of fire techniques, because Itachi killed them doesn't mean they never existed.

Btw the demon brothers "hid" in a puddle when they wanted to kill Naruto and the others.. why a puddle? because in the water country, there are lots of puddles... noone would care for one more or one less, in the fire country however it seems to be a different case. I don't get what you're trying to say here. Anyway We've seen more fire users from the fire country than anywhere else, as a matter of fact have we seen anyone who isn't from the fire country use a fire jutsu?

Anyway like I said this is simply a numbers game, you say it seems like every ninja in the mist village uses water techniques but we've only seen five ninjas from the mist village and four of them used water techniques. On the other hand we've seen more than four fire users from the fire country, its just that we've seen alot more ninjas from the fire country than any other country so its natural that they would be a more diverse group.

Anyway, a little way down the road we'll look back on this and have a good laugh.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I don't get what you're trying to say here. Anyway We've seen more fire users from the fire country than anywhere else, as a matter of fact have we seen anyone who isn't from the fire country use a fire jutsu?

I wanted to make clear that people from the water country use water techniques, because it's a big advantage in their homecountry... and that was just an example why it is an advantage if they create water to hide in. (nobody would notice another puddle if you spot one every 2 meters, in konoha this might be different.)

and I've never said that there are no fire users in Konoha, I've seen one during the chuunin exam (he weared sunglasses and was pretty cool btw ^^)

btw who is the 5th guy from the water country who didn't use water techniques? (fillers not included)
and I can't believe that it's just coincidence that (nearly?) all enemys out of the "water country" used water techniques so far.
I don't think the story writer made them come out of that country just by chance...

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I wanted to make clear that people from the water country use water techniques, because it's a big advantage in their homecountry... and that was just an example why it is an advantage if they create water to hide in.
Uh thats exactly my point. You don't know that and like I said before if they can or can't use water techniques is not a choice. If they have water affinity they will ofcourse use water techniques.

and I've never said that there are no fire users in Konoha, I've seen one during the chuunin exam (he weared sunglasses and was pretty cool btw ^^)
Right and we've also seen, water users, wind users, earth users and lightning users. See my point?

btw who is the 5th guy from the water country who didn't use water techniques? (fillers not included)
Uh, Kimimaro.

and I can't believe that it's just coincidence that (nearly?) all enemys out of the "water country" used water techniques so far.
I don't think the story writer made them come out of that country just by chance... No I don't think it was by chance, but like I said I think you're assuming way too much based just on that.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Uh thats exactly my point. You don't know that and like I said before if they can or can't use water techniques is not a choice. If they have water affinity they will ofcourse use water techniques.

thats simply not true... the affinity has nothing to do with someone not being able to learn an element... it's just that it's easier for him to learn that certain element..

if you are Naruto for example, you would learn wind jutsus with 120% fire jutsu with 100% water with 100% earth with 100% and so on... they didn't say that it is impossible to learn other elements... in fact, if i remember correctly, you can learn every element but everyone has a special one.

Kakashi used fire/earth/lightning and even water... I bet he is able to use wind too.

Uh, Kimimaro.
He did never visit the normal ninja school... he was hold captive if I remember correctly and was later trained by Orochimaru who is one of the "mist-guys"

and to make it clear, I don't want 100% of konoha's ninjas to use only fire techniques, it's just that I thought it would be the "basic" for them to learn fire techniques in ninja-schools first.

so their "basic" techniques are mainly fire based.. and then they either specialize
in it or learn another one.

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:28 AM
thats simply not true... the affinity has nothing to do with someone not being able to learn an element... it's just that it's easier for him to learn that certain element..

if you are Naruto for example, you would learn wind jutsus with 120% fire jutsu with 100% water with 100% earth with 100% and so on... they didn't say that it is impossible to learn other elements... in fact, if i remember correctly, you can learn every element but everyone has a special one.
Uh, I think we should take this up again at a later time. When we're all on the same page.

He did never visit the normal ninja school... he was hold captive if I remember correctly and was later trained by Orochimaru.

Uh, Haku?
Oh and I think being trained by Orochimaru beats going to a ninja academy anyday.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, like was said, there's only a couple examples. But we can only make assumptions based on what has been shown. In the cast of Mist Ninjas, they've either been Water users, or they used non-elemental ninjutsu.

Also, they showed a whole bunch of generic Konoha fire users during the Konoha Crush.
And you know this because you've seen so much of the fire country right.Uh, yes. The Sasuke chase arc takes place on a path from Konoha in the middle of the country, all the way to the border of the Sound. That's a straight line through half the country. What was in that arc? Endless miles of forests and a waterfall. No volcanoes.

I mean, hell, even the "Fire Temple" which you would assume is somehow important to the Fire Country, is just on top of a normal mountain.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:35 AM
whats your "UH" stuff about?

and it doesn't matter if Orochimaru is a better teacher than a chuunin out of certain country... if he decides to not train him water techniques because he needs him to use something different, then fine

that doesn't mean that the teachers in the "water country" do the same..

and what has Haku to do with this right now? (he uses ice -> water+wind)

Uh, I think we should take this up again at a later time. When we're all on the same page.

well doesn't kakashi use every element? I've seen him using earth during the first ~3 episodes or so, then water against zabuza, lighting against zabuza, fire against naruto and sakura.

and btw its funny that you say "when we are all on the same page".... it's fine if you know more than me because of the manga, but don't you make me look like I'm talking nonesense, because right now, it makes perfect sense.

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Uh, I give up. Way too much misinformation here.
We'll have to continue this later.

Is there any other subject you guys want to talk about, ofcourse you can continue with this if you wish but I won't be participating.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Uh, then simply say what is wrong, but don't use the manga... OOPS you can't right?
it's not my fault that every single mist ninja who used an element and grew up in the hidden village of mist, used water jutsus thus it's just normal to assume that other countries (unlike konoha) are good in using their "country element" (or at least they use it, whether they are good in it or not)

no offense man, I totally hate you at the moment :P

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Uh,

I really liked how worn out Yamato was. He really seems to crave Kakashi's approval and goes all out trying to impress him.

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Lol, Kray. I would say what I think is wrong but there is alot and I'm tired. Oh and it isn't about spoiling just differences between the manga and anime that will have to be addressed. More or less just little add ins, that weren't in the manga but are in the anime that affect the story.

and btw its funny that you say "when we are all on the same page".... it's fine if you know more than me because of the manga, but don't you make me look like I'm talking nonesense, because right now, it makes perfect sense.
Um its nothing like that, and its not about knowing more that you. Even if I had read only up to the same point in the manga that this episode was based on, there are still things that are very different. For example no where, in the manga has Kakashi ever used a fire jutsu.

Uh,

I really liked how worn out Yamato was. He really seems to crave Kakashi's approval and goes all out trying to impress him.
Uh yeah, its hilarious and Kakashi knowing that keeps pushing him.

it's not my fault that every single mist ninja who used an element and grew up in the hidden village of mist, used water jutsus thus it's just normal to assume that other countries (unlike konoha) are good in using their "country element" (or at least they use it, whether they are good in it or not)
Um KrayZ, all these edits are hard to keep up with:p Thing is, thus far, the mist village seems to be the only village like that.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Um KrayZ, all these edits are hard to keep up with:p Thing is, thus far, the mist village seems to be the only village like that.

Ya I suck in writing texts, every time I post, another thing comes into my mind...
btw stop that "Uh, Um" shit, we are not writing an ero-novel here 8[

edit: (see`?)

is the affinity a person becomes determined by his persons?
since there is a whole clan using fire techniques (or at least are known for using them?) namely Uchiha, it means that they all have a affinity towards fire if I understood you correctly, when you said "

If they have fire affinity they will ofcourse use fire techniques, if they don't then they can't."

I simply don't think this is true, isn't Sasuke's element he is good with, lightning? Yet he can use fire to... I think that everyone is able to learn every element, it's just that a certain element is easier to learn for them.

Uh yeah, its hilarious and Kakashi knowing that keeps pushing him.

btw yamato was the first ninja who *really* looked and sounded exhausted imho.. That didn't happen often yet in my opinion... most of the time it's more like "Argh I'm so wounded yet I can crawl without problems, I just have to endure the pain!"..

I know that Yamato "overdid" it a bit with his coughing maybe, but actually I'd prefer it if they show something like that more often. It's a bit boring if they just fall unconscious (naruto) or breath a *bit* heavier (as if they just ran 200 meters and have to catch up a bit)... I want to see them hugging the ground more often ^^ or coughing as if someone punched them into the stomach. So far, nearly everyone just kept moving like a mummy even if they were at their limits :(

*done with editing*

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I've been mulling it over KrayZ, wondering how I should respond and I can't figure out how.

So I'll just say that Yes the Uchiha's are known for their talents with fire jutsus and Kakashi mentioned that ninjas at Jounin level are usually able to use two elements, Sasuke being a genius was simply able to acquire a second element sooner than other people would.

Hopefully you'll let me get away with just that, for now?

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I guess I will but I'm not convinced, I still think that especially this
If they have fire affinity they will ofcourse use fire techniques, if they don't then they can't. is wrong ^^

Abdula
Wed, 09-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Maybe, but its as simple as saying if you could you would.

Anyway lets just enjoy what is quite possibly the best arc in all of Naruto.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
it's not like I'm not enjoying it, but it's also fun to discuss things.

but okaaay, I'll zip it.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-04-2008, 05:44 AM
I don't really think its "one element is their affinity element and the rest are all the same".

I imagine that each element is a different difficulty for each person. And you have a primary, a secondary, a tertiary etc. until you get down to that last element that's just really hard for you to use because its like your opposing nature.

And while I think everyone COULD use all 5 elements, if most people have to be Jounin level before they can use two, its probably only people like the 3rd who can use all 5(except for someone like Kakashi, but he's just copying other people's jutsu, so I wonder if affinity even comes into it with him).

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 09-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I think that you can use all five, you just cant be awesome at all five.

How is that? Sum it up for ya?

Yukimura
Thu, 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
@DarthEnder: Like Rock Lee said, seeing and understanding something and being able to make yourself do it are not the same. Understanding would certainly make it easier, but we shouldn't forget Kakashi is a 'genius'. That probably has something to do with why he was able to master using so many different techniques of different elements that he'd seen with his borrowed Sharingan. If the anime didn't leave out extremely informative parts of the manga I wouldn't have to talk around this issue ponder whether you implant 'genius' into someone with a magical eye?

I think a recurrent problem with the Narutoverse is that there are simply too many 'geniuses' that get focused on, it gives a misrepresentation of the abilities of the typical ninja of a given level from a given village. I look at Genma or Raido or Ebisu as examples of more 'typical' Konoha jounin and they are rarely seen using any techniques.