PDA

View Full Version : Plush Sushi!

BurnHavoc
Mon, 08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, a friend of mine I've known for a few years and her and her roommate are huge geeks :P She's a cosplay nut and her roommate is an intense artist with awesome fanart. The two of them came up with an awesome idea earlier this year for Anime North (biggest Toronto anime-based con), though they really wern't prepared for it. Well the Toronto Fan Expo just finished this weekend, and they sold out, so I'm gonna pimp them whereever I can:

http://sushi.strayfish.ca/

The plushies include meat/veggie slabs with faces and microwave heatable fillings, Maki with a meat/veggie filling included, Nigiri with a meat/veggie slab included, Wasabi with a face and Tempura Sweet Potatos with a face. Check out the gallary for pics. The size of each plush is about that of a standard couch pillow.

You can order off the site, and you can request whatever you want as a face on the meat/wasabi/tempura. Eye-patched pirate avacado filling? sure! Emo-kid tempura? no problem :D

They're going to try to hit up every con they can put time aside for in Southern Ontario and eventually the northeast states, so keep a lookout for their booth next year in the artists/independent alleys.

Anyway, thats my pimpage of the week. I'll start another thread about the Fan Expo once I sort out all the crap that happened, Highlights include a sneak peek at Champions Online beta, me dressed up as Captain Hammer, and a look at the movie Monster Hunter (yes, it was that good).