PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 72

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 08-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Here it is by Dattebayo, Naruto Shippuuden 72 - 忍び寄る脅威/Shinobiyoru Kyoui/A Creeping Threat (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns072.torrent).

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-21-2008, 11:08 PM
The stuff with Akasuki was interesting enough, but the rest was a bit boring.

That Akasuki guy says they got one left, I wonder if Akasuki has all the other 8 bijuu already?!

redcat
Thu, 08-21-2008, 11:38 PM
so 2 tails is defeated? just like that?

oh, don't bother showing that tho I can use my imagination.

it's like they wanna skip all the good stuff and get back to filler asap

lelouch
Thu, 08-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Akatsuki said they only have one left.

I AM NOT SURE IF THE FOLLOWING IS SPOILER MATERIAL, IT WAS PRESENTED IN THE PREVIEW FOR THE NEXT EP:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the preview, they said that akatsuki already captures 3 or 4 I think, not 8... Maybe one of them was a mistranslation?

I was also pretty confused at the end of the episode for a short bit. For a while I thought it was akatsuki hanging off that rock, since the other member was bleeding. I thought that the 2 tails won. It really came as a surprise that she lost, since it seemed like she had an advantage in the beginning. They really do need to train these jinchuuriki better...

deadlydreamx
Fri, 08-22-2008, 12:13 AM
At the very very end they show naruto,gaara, and the new girl jinchuriki. They also show a shadowed out person and a bijuu. Think we're going to see another jinchuriki battle?

lilphatboi88
Fri, 08-22-2008, 05:06 AM
I really hope there are no more fillers.

ASSpirine
Fri, 08-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Quite boring episode, the only interesting thing is Akatsuki. I think they got everyone fooled with Hidan's "death" :p
Wonder how that'll keep working, with all those prayers and such

Also, shouldn't Itachi and Kisame go after Naruto as well? As they were the one who had to capture the Kyuubi.

kaniskii
Fri, 08-22-2008, 06:43 AM
so 2 tails is defeated? just like that?

oh, don't bother showing that tho I can use my imagination.

it's like they wanna skip all the good stuff and get back to filler asap

That quick fight with the 2 tails? Yea, it's like that in the manga as well, so it's not like they are trying to rush it. Hell, I think they added a little bit in there as well. I was hoping that they would show the entire fight, kinda like they did with Tin Tin and Temari in the chuunin exam. The manga showed it over in like one page, and they extended it in the show to a full episode or atleast half.

Besides that, I do see some filler coming up.. atleast it involves akatsuki!

Kraco
Fri, 08-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Some of the jinchuuriki really suck. This one obviously did as well so it's not so important whether the fight was shown or not. They all should know by now that Akatsuki is chasing them after what happened to Gaara, and likewise after that incident they should know Akatsuki is no laughing matter. This chick honestly didn't look any more capable than Naruto so it's no wonder she lost and didn't even take one arm with him like Gaara managed to do (in addition to saving the city).

Generally speaking I find it strange, though, that nobody is chasing Akatsuki. As Saving Private Gaara arc showed, if you surprise those dudes they aren't any tougher than any decent ninja. And since they heedlessly hunt for Jinchuuriki, it would be a piece of cake to build a trap for a pair of them. Then just throw a bunch of jounin on them and it's finito. Right now they have been freely wandering around causing trouble for years and the most anyone does is say "oh noes". Really really smart.

Uzumaki
Fri, 08-22-2008, 03:10 PM
So the stuff in the preview with the akatsuki in the temple is filler? Starting to think Naruto will never be good again, except maybe every 30th episode when they give us a high quality fight scene that isn't a stretched out piece of crap.

Abdula
Fri, 08-22-2008, 06:00 PM
It seems like I'm not meant to watch Naruto. I was ambivalent about watching Shippuden again even though the fillers were over because it had gone bad long before the fillers started. Anyway I decided to download this episode and give it a try and what do you know, my PC suffers a fatal disk error. So I'm going to take that as a sign that Shippuden isn't for me.

Some of the jinchuuriki really suck. This one obviously did as well so it's not so important whether the fight was shown or not. They all should know by now that Akatsuki is chasing them after what happened to Gaara, and likewise after that incident they should know Akatsuki is no laughing matter. This chick honestly didn't look any more capable than Naruto so it's no wonder she lost and didn't even take one arm with him like Gaara managed to do (in addition to saving the city).

Generally speaking I find it strange, though, that nobody is chasing Akatsuki. As Saving Private Gaara arc showed, if you surprise those dudes they aren't any tougher than any decent ninja. And since they heedlessly hunt for Jinchuuriki, it would be a piece of cake to build a trap for a pair of them. Then just throw a bunch of jounin on them and it's finito. Right now they have been freely wandering around causing trouble for years and the most anyone does is say "oh noes". Really really smart.

I hope this isn't too much of a problem for you Kraco because its sorta the norm with Naruto and not to sound like a pessimist but the plothole no jutsus only get worse.

Kraco
Fri, 08-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I hope this isn't too much of a problem for you Kraco because its sorta the norm with Naruto and not to sound like a pessimist but the plothole no jutsus only get worse.

Don't worry. I watched even almost all the fillers before Shippuuden. So, to quote someone I could say I've been insulted by the professionals so this is nothing compared to it. Yeah, I'm somewhat used to the fact there's absolutely no bigger picture in Naruto, only here and now. But I enjoy pointing out plotholes as much as the next guy...

Abdula
Fri, 08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
But I enjoy pointing out plotholes as much as the next guy...
Naruto will provide much enjoyment then.

Looks like i'll have to wait until my pc is back up and running to watch this, which I'm hoping will be in a few hours.

Narasho
Sat, 08-23-2008, 01:55 AM
So the stuff in the preview with the akatsuki in the temple is filler?

No, that's not filler.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-23-2008, 06:10 AM
[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden ED06 Single - Broken Youth [NICO Touches the Walls].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20NARUTO%20Shippuuden%20ED06%20Sin gle%20-%20Broken%20Youth%20%5BNICO%20Touches%20the%20Wall s%5D.zip.torrent)

ASSpirine
Sat, 08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, akatsuki are supposed to be tremendously strong, so jounins won't do I think.
What I do find weird, Sakura and Chiyo defeated Sasori quite easily...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Well, akatsuki are supposed to be tremendously strong, so jounins won't do I think.
What I do find weird, Sakura and Chiyo defeated Sasori quite easily...

That would be very debatable. It's not like Chiyo planned all along to use Mum and Dad as the killing blow. And should the battle had swayed away from the two puppets, she wouldn't have been able to get the strings back again to make the move.

Abdula
Sat, 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Then there is the little matter of Sasori letting himself get killed.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-23-2008, 11:19 PM
And the fact that Chiyo was probably closer to a sannin than a normal jounin.

Assertn
Sun, 08-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Sakura and Chiyo was the worst possible combo for Sasori to deal with.
Chiyo had enough experience with puppets to survive most of Sasori's traps, and Sakura had the means to nullify his poison.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 08-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Would Sasori be one of the weaker ninjas in akatsuki?

lilphatboi88
Sun, 08-24-2008, 04:53 AM
They are ranked by order right?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Weak as in like power level? I dont think they look at it that way here, that was more of a Dbz thing. He was kind of immortal. Not to mention the fact that even though that hint at "strength" in relation to others, it really is all situational as to who the person is fighting. That is the best thing about Naruto, you have to be intelligent, cunning, and have a better Jutsu than the person that you are up against. It's safe to say that Neji is stronger than Sakura, but would he and Chiyo had a chance against Sasori? Nope!

LOL Gentle fist on a puppet!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Weak as in like power level? I dont think they look at it that way here, that was more of a Dbz thing. He was kind of immortal. Not to mention the fact that even though that hint at "strength" in relation to others, it really is all situational as to who the person is fighting. That is the best thing about Naruto, you have to be intelligent, cunning, and have a better Jutsu than the person that you are up against. It's safe to say that Neji is stronger than Sakura, but would he and Chiyo had a chance against Sasori? Nope!

LOL Gentle fist on a puppet!

With his Air Palm, he can smash puppets from afar. But yes, his trump hard will have no effect, and the poison will certainly be deadly. Plus, it's said that medical ninjas were trained a lot better in dodges and manoeuvres. Divine Wind would protect him, but it keeps min stationary and chews up more chakra, one would expect.

Assertn
Sun, 08-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Kaiten would protect him from the needles, but not from the smoke.

StingRay
Mon, 08-25-2008, 05:10 AM
I felt neutral towards this episode. Didn't like nor did i dislike it. I find myself more interested in Asuma's background than anything else for some reason. Maybe because i always felt the Third had a lot of depth, prescence, and character to him and feel its only natural that his son has some semblance of that as well. Asuma is in a reflective/reminiscent state of mind. Not sure whats going to happen next, but i hope he's involved somehow because i really dig his character.

I wonder what he wanted to talk to Kakashi about. Kurenai came in and ruined what could have been a possibly interesting conversation.

Cool picture of the jinchurriki at the very end.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-25-2008, 06:30 AM
I wonder what he wanted to talk to Kakashi about. Kurenai came in and ruined what could have been a possibly interesting conversation.

Then perhaps it was about..........Kurenai??:rolleyes:

Kraco
Mon, 08-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Maybe Naruto's training during the time Kakashi was patrolling the borders. Although in all seriousness it also crossed my mind he wanted to invite Kakashi to his and Kurenai's wedding...

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-25-2008, 07:44 AM
damn! I really wanted to see more of that fight between akatsuki and this Bijuu..

i totally like Hidan's style... really creepy ^^ and he reminds me a bit of archer from FSN. His partner is also very cool.

too bad they didn't show us what they did (yet?)... and I hope we get to know how Akatsuki defeated the other Bijuu.

lelouch
Mon, 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
i totally like Hidan's style... really creepy ^^ and he reminds me a bit of archer from FSN.

I was thinking the exact same thing, they are quite similar.