PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks Sanji should get shoes with a seastone sole?

docdan63
Thu, 08-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Not like giant think stone linings or anything because obviously that'd weigh him down more than he needs to be. But I totally think this would make this one of the most dangerous men alive to any fruit user. If he keeps getting better, why wouldn't Oda eventually get him a pair like that? I think it's only a matter of time while sailing around in the NW that he gets some shoes like that.

Abdula
Thu, 08-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Um, Dan. Not that I don't like your enthusiasm but how about you just create one thread to post all your OP ideas, theories, etc instead of creating a new thread everytime you want to discuss something. I genuinely like reading your theories etc but this is like 13 random OP threads now, its getting kinda ridiculous.:D

Anyway as to the topic, no I don't think that should happen at all. Since we first found out about seastones I was worried that Oda would make someone abuse seastones like that and I'm certainly happy he hasn't. Something like that would just be completely unfair and someone using seastones to fight would completely upset the power balance in OP. Even if someone eventually comes along that uses seastones it certainly wouldn't be Sanji, I think we can agree that using something like that just doesn't fit his character.

Would that even be effective though? Sure in close combat you would have a significant advantage but how many fruit users actually like close combat. Against most paramecia and especially logia users it wouldn't mean much. I mean how is using seastones going to help if Ace tosses a fireball at you or if Kizaru hits you with a beam of light?

docdan63
Thu, 08-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Um, Dan. Not that I don't like your enthusiasm but how about you just create one thread to post all your OP ideas, theories, etc instead of creating a new thread everytime you want to discuss something. I genuinely like reading your theories etc but this is like 13 random OP threads now, its getting kinda ridiculous.:D

Anyway as to the topic, no I don't think that should happen at all. Since we first found out about seastones I was worried that Oda would make someone abuse seastones like that and I'm certainly happy he hasn't. Something like that would just be completely unfair and someone using seastones to fight would completely upset the power balance in OP. Even if someone eventually comes along that uses seastones it certainly wouldn't be Sanji, I think we can agree that using something like that just doesn't fit his character.

Would that even be effective though? Sure in close combat you would have a significant advantage but how many fruit users actually like close combat. Against most paramecia and especially logia users it wouldn't mean much. I mean how is using seastones going to help if Ace tosses a fireball at you or if Kizaru hits you with a beam of light?

Yeah I've been going overboard with the amount of theories I've been coming up with and I think that I'm going to have to just make a whole thread. I didn't really know how to go about that and just kind of got caught up in the whole theory area. But yeah I'll try to clean it up a little next time and make them under thread so it's a little more clean and neat. I think that the power balance would be set off too.

Although, this just came to mind:
I think Sanji wouldn't accept them. I think he wouldn't want to wear them knowing what the combination of his skill with legs and the shoes could.

I think he'd just want to get better and better without using the shoes power up. I also think that none of the SH's would want him too. But even if they did, for the sake of him becoming one of the strongest characters on the ship and in the NW for that matter, he wouldn't want to then either.

About the close combat issue. Yes, so far only the zoans crowd seem to be the ones that are unable to fight in the distance range style. The other two seem to be fine with long range and seem to only like it (this is of course besides Kizaru and blackbeard. Although we don't know the full extent of his power. However considering he is Odas favorite pirate in the series. I mean he already gave the guy one of the most powerful fruits around. And he took down Ace (the main characters big brother) and is probably going to kill him in the hands of the government. Blackbeard is for Oda what Sasuke is for Kishi. But he's smarter and less obvious about it.

Look at the facts:
1. He made the guy 7'5 along with the rest of his crew
2. He gave him an awesome logia
3. The way he did was by making BB a genius with a plan when we all thought he was just a big dumb oaf. I mean he wasn't even a commander on WB's ship.
4. His captainship and crew came out of nowhere and he all of a sudden had some pretty powerful guys rolling with him
5. He took down Ace unexpectedly and no one saw it coming (at least I don't think anyone saw it coming. I'd find it hard to believe if he did.
6. He respects powerhouses that were once small guys, but are now powerful. Case in point, Luffy before, and Luffy after. He gave him a chance to see what he could do.

We'll see what happens to him as the fight with WB comes along and he enters the shichibukai longer and longer.

Abdula
Fri, 08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah I've been going overboard with the amount of theories I've been coming up with and I think that I'm going to have to just make a whole thread. I didn't really know how to go about that and just kind of got caught up in the whole theory area. But yeah I'll try to clean it up a little next time and make them under thread so it's a little more clean and neat.
Okay then:)

Although, this just came to mind:
I think Sanji wouldn't accept them. I think he wouldn't want to wear them knowing what the combination of his skill with legs and the shoes could.

I think he'd just want to get better and better without using the shoes power up. I also think that none of the SH's would want him too. But even if they did, for the sake of him becoming one of the strongest characters on the ship and in the NW for that matter, he wouldn't want to then either.

Good so we agree that using tactics like that would be out of character for Sanji. I really don't see Oda using something like that though and no SH would.

About the close combat issue. Yes, so far only the zoans crowd seem to be the ones that are unable to fight in the distance range style. The other two seem to be fine with long range and seem to only like it (this is of course besides Kizaru and blackbeard. Although we don't know the full extent of his power. However considering he is Odas favorite pirate in the series. I mean he already gave the guy one of the most powerful fruits around. And he took down Ace (the main characters big brother) and is probably going to kill him in the hands of the government. Blackbeard is for Oda what Sasuke is for Kishi. But he's smarter and less obvious about it.

Look at the facts:
1. He made the guy 7'5 along with the rest of his crew
2. He gave him an awesome logia
3. The way he did was by making BB a genius with a plan when we all thought he was just a big dumb oaf. I mean he wasn't even a commander on WB's ship.
4. His captainship and crew came out of nowhere and he all of a sudden had some pretty powerful guys rolling with him
5. He took down Ace unexpectedly and no one saw it coming (at least I don't think anyone saw it coming. I'd find it hard to believe if he did.
6. He respects powerhouses that were once small guys, but are now powerful. Case in point, Luffy before, and Luffy after. He gave him a chance to see what he could do.

We'll see what happens to him as the fight with WB comes along and he enters the shichibukai longer and longer.

I don't quite think Blackbeard is Oda's Sasuke and I really wouldn't compare OP to Naruto. Seems kinda insulting since there isn't much good that can be said about Naruto. Anyway I do agree with you but I totally saw #5 coming.:p

6Zabuza9
Sun, 08-24-2008, 04:41 AM
I think sea stones are extremely rare in the one piece world or else every character in one piece would just carry a piece of sea stone to fight with fruit users.

TwisT
Fri, 08-29-2008, 04:19 PM
As for the "no one saw it coming"-part, Shanks did! He even went and tried to force WB to withdraw Ace from the hunt because he knew that Ace was not ready for that fight, and that BB was far stronger then anyone thought of him.

And for the thing about Seastone meaning little against anyone not favoring close combat is kinda wrong. Specially against Logia users. Since Logia user tent to think of themself as unstoppable they usually take hits just to laugh at the person when they realize their attacks have no effect on them. But Seastone nullifies their defenses. So that means Sanji would be able to hit them. And that would make a big difference. Sure Seastone cant help defend against attacks but it will help by nullifying their defenses. Logia users i think would be the once that gets most affected by Seastone in a battle. Because i can't see people getting affected from a quick kick or punch.

In example if Sanji with Seastone shoes would be facing of against Luffy i would still see Luffy as the winner because i don't think the Seastone will affect Luffy much. Unless Sanji would press his foot against Luffy and keep it there for several seconds.

And if someone in One Piece would turn out to be using Seastone as part of their attacks, i would definitely want it to be a non-fruit user.