PDA

View Full Version : Is Rob Lucci the most powerful zoan user we'll ever see?

docdan63
Sat, 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I was watching the Water 7 arc, and I realized as I was watching Luffy fight it out with Lucci. I don't think we'll ever see a zoan user as powerful as him ever again. I mean watching the guy against Luffy was one of the best fights in the series for a reason, he was so freaking strong. Even without his leopard form he was insane with his skill. But in his zoan form, he was just brutal.

Do you guys think the NW will hold users more powerful than him. The most recent one we've seen so far is X Drake. And one was kind of lame. All he did was bite off Kumas clones head, and he wasn't even successful at it. Kuma shot him and he failed. Plus as cool as a dino is, unless he can do something special (like Lucci and his zoan) he'll never be as cool as Lucci.

The only way I think we'll see another really powerful one is if it's a commander of of the Yonkou or something like that. Maybe we'll see one in the WB Shichibukai fight?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't see what's wrong with an actual living dinosaur (!)...
it's a dinosaur. clean and simple, dinosaur.
a dinosaur.
are you getting it right? a dinosaur!!!

besides, X-drake has a automatic mystery vibe about him, so I doubt that what we've seen is even half of his true zoan ability. it's possible that he can even grow up to the size of a giant, maybe he has a flying dinosaur type, maybe he has Choppers trick of multi-forms?

and even if X-drake is a pussy, there's still chance that someone along the line has a dragon zoan, or a sea-king zoan fruit, maybe giant zombie-turtle fruit?

seriously, it's a dinosaur, what more can you wish for?

docdan63
Sat, 08-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't see what's wrong with an actual living dinosaur. It's a dinosaur. clean and simple, dinosaur. a dinosaur!
are you getting it right? a dinosaur!!!

besides, X-drake has an automatic mystery vibe about him, so I doubt that what we've seen is even half of his true zoan ability. It's possible that he can even grow up to the size of a giant, maybe he has a flying dinosaur type, maybe he has Choppers trick of multi-forms?

seriously, it's a dinosaur, what more can you wish for?

Well I don't have a problem with it. It's just that (besides Kaku's giraffe human form) I don't really see him doing soru at a ridiculously high speed. I mean it's a dinosaur he's probably very slow. I guess my main issue is (and this I've been hard ass on a lot of stuff in both Naruto and OP) because when ever I see a high level guy go nuts, the writer/creator (in this case Oda) sets a bar for me that I can't go under. In other words, once I see an awesome fighter or something, anything below that fighters level, isn't worth the readers time. And also. One piece is about progression, now. It didn't use to be like that. It changed. Before Water 7, there wasn't exponential change and progression(with the SH crew or in general with seeing more powerful guys. After water 7, things got more complicated overall. Dialogue, fighting, characteristics of characters certain traits they have that can get stronger, ships, captains, their powers, the crewmen powers, etc. That's why I considered it a lame and boring to see all of these guys powers that were considered some of the strongest rookies in OP. Gimme a break, Kizaru made short work of them. Yes he's a logia using Admiral, but come on. Apoo was the only one who could hold his own against him decently. And even Apoo is lame. I just hope we don't see many of these guys later on. They're just not worth it in my opinion. I just don't think they're getting much better over time. Which means that Oda should be getting rid of them soon here after the next week when Kizaru finds the last couple of SN (kidd, luffy and law) He already took care of 4, almost half of the list. And I'm sure he'll take care of the rest (besides Luffy obviously because he has to always get out of it somehow) but anyway, 4 down so far. Lets see how the rest get handled. I actually think Kizaru will run into a big situation worth like 2 chapters when he runs into kidd law and luffy.

Another thing is. We need to move on to the next damn thing in this series right now. Which is the WB Shichibukai fight. I think everyone can agree with me on that. Unless we see some serious fighting between Kizaru and Kidd and Law, I'm going to start to get bored again.

Abdula
Sat, 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't get what your complaining about Dan. You talk about progression and about the bar being set pretty high but then you say you're unimpressed with everything that has happened. Lets look at it like this okay. Rob was the strongest zoan we've seen thus far right, your words, yet he lost to Luffy, and you say you disregard Drake because of how easily he lost to Kuma's clone but it took Luffy's entire crew working together to take one out and they couldn't even touch the real one and somewhere in there you mentioned how cool Lucci was and if thats what this is about then it isn't even worth discussing. Oh and as Dbz mentioned we haven't seen anything from Drake yet.

I also don't see your problem with Kizaru, its not that the rookies are weak its that he is that strong. I dunno but it seems to me that you think Luffy and his crew would fare better against Kizaru than the others did and that just isn't true. Luffy and his crew got embarrassed by Aokiji and Kizaru appears to be stronger than Aokiji is. Yes these guys were some of the strongest rookies but they are only rookies. No name rookies who don't mean anything yet, it just wouldn't be right if an admiral much less one with a logia fruit as strong as Kizaru's lost to a bunch of rookies. I mean what chance do the marines have against WB if an admiral from HQ can't handle some rookies.

boilerph
Mon, 08-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Well considering that we haven't even seen Drake's half-animal/half-human transformation, which is usually the best for fighting, it's pretty hard to judge. All he did so far is do his full animal transformation. That form has been rarely used by any of the other Zoans because it is generally only good at one thing i.e. speed, strength, agility and not suited for a battle against an equal level opponent.

Assertn
Mon, 08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
It's not that Lucci was the strongest zoan. It's that Lucci was the strongest human that happened to have a zoan which enhanced his fighting style.

For all intents and purposes, it's acknowledged that any carnivorous zoan is superior in combat. A t-rex though, dan, seriously....