PDA

View Full Version : Voting: Round 1 - Tier 2 -- Hands

Assassin
Thu, 08-14-2008, 06:35 PM
OK, the voting for round 1 finally begins. The object for this bracket was hand(s).

Just a few things to be aware of:

1) all participants MUST vote (including ones who dropped out). Each poll should have at least 18 votes.
2) You cannot vote in your own bracket. How do you know what bracket you're in? by looking at the title and not voting for the object that you were sent in the pm.
3) Voting is open, we everyone can see who voted for who.

I know the original layout required 2 people being voted off this round, but since not all participants have sent in thier entries, that is no longer possible. Oddly enough, most brackets are missing exactly 2 participants, so things work out rather well.

For the polls with only 4 choices, obviously everyone will move on. The voting is just for fun and to let everyone see their work.

Lucifus
Fri, 08-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Who else likes "psykeentrydq7.jpg"? -_-

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Who else likes "psykeentrydq7.jpg"? -_-

Ha, how could you not. The others were good too, especially the keyboard one.

Edit: Umm, so you can't see who else voted what after you voted? I was avoiding the results until after I voted, but I can only see numbers and bars. Is there a way around it?

Assertn
Sat, 08-16-2008, 12:16 AM
psykeentry is hilarious, and very creative.
I think whoever's voting for #3 is only doing so cause they can tell those are girl hands!

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-16-2008, 01:11 AM
If my vote counted, I'd vote for psykeentry since it's the only one that's not *just* a picture of some hands. Obviously put a lot of thought into it.

Kraco
Sat, 08-16-2008, 02:25 AM
This was the hardest Tier for deciding what to vote because while Choice 2 had, like you said, a very well thought-out setting, I couldn't help but feel Choice 3 was incredibly artistic, especially considering how simple it was: It only has three things in it (or four because of slightly bad cropping).

ChaosK
Sat, 08-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Ha, how could you not. The others were good too, especially the keyboard one.

Edit: Umm, so you can't see who else voted what after you voted? I was avoiding the results until after I voted, but I can only see numbers and bars. Is there a way around it?

Click on the numbers, any one of them and it'll show you who voted for what.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-16-2008, 04:35 AM
psykeentry is hilarious, and very creative.
I think whoever's voting for #3 is only doing so cause they can tell those are girl hands!
I was thinking the same thing, chicks use sex to get votes. For shame!

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-17-2008, 01:22 AM
three has the best presentation for me. psyke, you should have shot yours outdoors. also, it has sasuke.

Psyke
Sun, 08-17-2008, 01:29 AM
three has the best presentation for me. psyke, you should have shot yours outdoors. also, it has sasuke.

I wanted to, but it was at night and I wanted to get the shot out. Also, people might find me weird lying on the neighbour hood grass patch with a Sasuke figure in my hand... :o

Splash!
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:03 AM
I only realized what was going on with picture 2 after I had voted for picture 3. Oh well.

I voted immediately after taking a quick glance at all the pictures and picture 2 just seemed to me as if someone was showing off their Naruto collectibles. When I first saw the picture, I just assumed the hand was on some table.

Anyways, picture 2 is indeed very creative. Good job, Psyke.

ChaosK
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:04 AM
I only realized what was going on with picture 2 after I had voted for picture 3. Oh well.

I voted immediately after taking a quick glance at all the pictures and picture 2 just seemed to me as if someone was showing off their Naruto collectibles. When I first saw the picture, I just assumed the hand was on some table.

Picture 2 is indeed very creative. Good job, Psyke.

Yeah...I did the same thing, I didn't really take a good look at picture 2 until I read the posts about it...can't change the votes though. :o

Animeniax
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:10 AM
I admit I'm still lost about entry 2. I think it's a recreation of a scene when Naruto fights Sasuke? If so, then I also incorrectly thought it was someone just displaying their collection.

Splash!
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:16 AM
I admit I'm still lost about entry 2. I think it's a recreation of a scene when Naruto fights Sasuke? If so, then I also incorrectly thought it was someone just displaying their collection.

It's Sasuke having just slashed down a Konoha ninja (Naruto I assume?)

ChaosK
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:16 AM

Not really Naruto vs Sasuke, I think it's just showing someone who lays defeated by Sasuke with his forehead protector in his hand...Psyke used a particularly good figure for showing it too (Sasuke combat mode with shurkien..)

Psyke
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:35 AM
It's actually the only Sasuke figure I have.... (excluding the SD ones) :p

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-17-2008, 02:44 AM
I keep thinking it's the scene from the waterfall battle around ep 130.

Assertn
Sun, 08-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Psyke even used some good DOF techniques to make the figure seem like its larger and farther away. I think his is the best representation of photographic skill.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Depth of field is hard to accomplish with most of the average digitial cameras unless you know what you are doing. I can't say I can do it without a lot of practice.

An alternative to grass could have been fake blood (ketchup maybe?) drooling off of the wrist from outside the frame. It might have been a bit over the top, but would have added more to the photo by making it much more apparent what was going on in the scene.

Psyke
Sun, 08-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I almost used ketchup, till I was reminded of the clean up process by my wife..... :p

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I almost used ketchup, till I was reminded of the clean up process by my wife..... :p
...I didn't want to say it.

Jaitne
Sun, 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I liked how most of the pictures had something in them other than hands. I thought they told more.

I'm kind of wondering why a lot of people voted for three, too D: It seems like a popular number in the contest.

Abdula
Sun, 08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I voted for 3 because of its simplicity. No keyboard, no felled leaf ninja grasping his headband as his nemesis poses in the background, no death to the monkey. You don't have to try figure out what happened or what the monkey did to deserve his fate:p

Its simple, artistic and beautiful.

Animeniax
Sun, 08-17-2008, 11:09 PM
I think the subject in the first picture is hunting and pecking on that keyboard, which adds another dimension to the scene.

Picture 2 deserves to win because of it's artful representation, though what it tries to capture is lost on anyone whose not that avid a Naruto fan. Plus the lack of scenery takes away from the composition.