PDA

View Full Version : TV: The Cleaner

Munsu
Mon, 08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9828/cleanerwallpaper61920x1ym9.jpg

This is a new show from this Summer, and I have to say it's probably the best new series during it. I was quite skeptical before I tried it. A show airing on A&E doesn't seem like something I'd even want to try, but the show impressed me quite a bit. It currently seems like a show made for FX (Rescue Me, The Riches, Nip/Tuck, Dirt, The Shield).

Main character is played by Benjamin Bratt, and he's quite good here. Another notable is Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica), and man she looks really really good in this series. Quite hot actually.

Show is about a team that works to get people clean of their adictions, but it really plays like an undercover detective drama, so it's not as dull as it seems. Well, give it a try... I'm pretty sure you'd find it better than what it seems. Worth noting that this is based on a true story.

So, anyone been watching this? Four episodes have aired so far, the 5th one comes out tomorrow night, Tuesday.

William Banks is a recovering addict who struggles to maintain his own rocky personal life while he helps others get clean by any means necessary. William works with an eclectic group, and together they bring addicts of all kinds to the point where they are ready and willing to get help and begin the difficult process of getting clean. With every success and every failure, William must confront his own demons through his unusual relationship with God. He's a man caught between a deep love for his family, an unwavering commitment to his work, and the ghosts of his own addictions.

This show is based on the real life story of Warren Boyd, one of the co-executive producers.

The theme music is "Follow That Sound" performed by Sharon Little.
http://www.tv.com/the-cleaner/show/75358/summary.html?q=the cleaner&tag=search_results;title;1

Abdula
Mon, 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I too was skeptical about this show after seeing the commercials that were airing but seeing Benjamin Bratt got me interested enough to watch the first episode and I loved what I saw.. Its a great show, the actors are good and the show definitely has that gritty FX feel. That being said I've only seen the first two eps but I was definitely impressed by what I saw. I love the relationships between the characters and how they all interact with each other. I especially love Bratt's character, his internal conflicts and his talks with you know who and how his kids treat him because of it.

This is probably the only summer series I'll actually try and follow.

Munsu
Mon, 08-18-2008, 08:35 AM
No episode last week, and I was looking for it everywhere like a moron. Don't know the reason for there not being one... now tomorrow seems like there'll be an episode without a doubt. I missed my Grace Park dosage for the week... she looks really good in this series.