PDA

View Full Version : Game: Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

Archangel
Mon, 08-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Both the original version for the Ps and the remake for the psp are quite old by now but i just got the remake and i wanted to know if anyone's ever played it b4.

Valkyrie Profile (ヴァルキリープロファイル, Varukiri Purofairu) is a console role-playing game (RPG) developed by tri-Ace and published by Enix (now Square Enix) for the PlayStation console. It was released on December 22, 1999 in Japan and on August 29, 2000 in North America. An enhanced port of the game was later released for the PlayStation Portable under the name Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on March 2, 2006 in Japan, July 18, 2006 in North America, and April 27, 2007 in Europe. A PlayStation 2 sequel, titled Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, was released on June 22, 2006 in Japan, September 25, 2006 in North America, and September 7, 2007 in Europe.

The game is loosely based on Norse mythology, where players assume the role of a valkyrie who recruits and prepares the souls of fallen warriors (Einherjar) before sending them to Valhalla for a final apocalyptic battle between the Ęsir and Vanir: Ragnarok. Along the way, she uncovers the tragic events of her own hidden past.

Source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_Profile)

Also, can anyone give some advice if i should start the game on hard mode or not? I never replay these things so i like to make them last as long as possible but i don't like getting stranded in the middle of it and having to restart the whole thing because it was too hard either.

animus
Mon, 08-11-2008, 12:04 PM
You're probably gonna have to replay the game once or twice, the game plays out in a very weird way, since it's time based and you can't do everything.

Archangel
Mon, 08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Nah, i never replay rpgs it's just too boring. I usually just watch the alternative endings on youtube to satisfy my curiosity.

Idealistic
Mon, 08-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Nah, i never replay rpgs it's just too boring. I usually just watch the alternative endings on youtube to satisfy my curiosity.

Yeah... Even the great RPGs, I never really replay it for some reason. I replay the last boss fights and stuff and the minigames that some games have, but that's about it.

I only replay the game when it's been quite awhile and I forgotten how awesome the game was.