PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 510

docdan63
Thu, 08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
These are chapter 510 spoiler pics.

Look at these at your own risk. They will "brighten" your day if you get my drift

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4505/5102gd2.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4190/5103qm0.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/173/5104qg8.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/638/5105up3.jpg

and.......logia user. We all saw it coming. I don't know though. This makes the logia user count in the series 7 now

Ace (fire fire)
Crocodile (sand sand)
Enel (thunder thunder/lightning lightning)
Blackbeard (dark dark)
Aokiji (ice ice)
Kizaru (light light)
Smoker (smoke smoke)

If Oda can keep this up I'll be surprised at his creativity.

FYI to all the supernova lovers: I Never really liked the Novas and always thought they would be used as punching bags to show off some powers of the Big Names in the One Piece world.

I guess the ones that make it off the Island and land on Fishmen island will be greeted by Jinbei

LaZie
Fri, 08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Scan out by HFamily

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MIIYVQJL

Carnage
Fri, 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Seriously Im still fucking surprised Oda can keep OnePiece at this level after 500 chapters. He makes Kishimoto and Kubo look like complete idiots.

Death13a
Fri, 08-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Carnage +1 on what you said. I really like Oda's detail to Zoro how his wounds/damage don't heal miraculously in next arc.
Those Novas are beaten but not dead. Kizaru probably will leave them be now and start searching for strawhats.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-08-2008, 06:02 PM
heck, kishi and Kubo do that on their own, they don't need much help.
I don't like Kizaru, he seems to be completely overpowered.

Assertn
Sat, 08-09-2008, 01:21 AM
heck, kishi and Kubo do that on their own, they don't need much help.
I don't like Kizaru, he seems to be completely overpowered.
....so far he hasn't done anything that Enel couldn't do...

I'm getting sick of Kuma already....just finish him off, jesus

Carnage
Sat, 08-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm getting sick of Kuma already....just finish him off, jesus

Yes, especially since he's a fake. But that Gear Three Giant Rifle ought to do the trick.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-09-2008, 01:56 PM
other than the lack of fruit abilities, is there a difference between the Kumas?
I mean, if they're both androids, they're exterior hardness is the same, and the repelling fruit is the only difference, then the three man combo can beat the real Kuma as well.

docdan63
Sat, 08-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Great chapter IMO. Tons of good stuff. I loved it. I especially loved how Oda finally put the logia question to bed.

Seriously I'm still surprised Oda can keep One Piece at this level after 500 chapters. He makes Kishimoto and Kubo look like complete idiots.

I'm not. Not at all. It's the nugget of creativity. I'm a creative person I'll explain how he does this simply in three steps.

1. He doesn't make big entrances for unimportant people if they aren't powerful in one way or another.

2. He worries only about the people essential to the story as longer term players being the meat of the story.

3. He uses minor guest characters whose names we don't even know as important parts of the story (the pirate who shot Kizaru wasn't important to the over all story, but what he did was important to the over all ground work of what Kizaru could do)

4. He spreads out his important people, story lines, and things like that over time, instead of smashing all of them together. This lets us as the readers do several things.

a. It lets us think and froth over what the character has as a new power, group or affiliation we've never heard of (like Dragons revolutionists or Boroque works) or a connection to Luffy and his crew.

b. Our brains don't explode from the over powering characters getting introduced one after another.

c. We don't get bored with a bunch at one time, rather then none later. Or none for a long time after a bunch.

(he introduced Aokji on his bike, and left him alone till Long ring Long land to show what he could do. He introduced Ace but didn't show what he could really do until the Billions crew and BB's fight on Banaro. And we still don't know what most of the Shichibukai can do when they get serious, but he introduced them and we sampled)

BTW, I can't help but wonder after seeing Kizaru fight... who do suppose is faster, Kizaru or Enel? And is is just me or is the drawing of the series going up?

I mean

1. Kizaru looks like the actual actor they chose

2. The detail in the drawing is less sketch and more drawing

3. People and settings are looking much more real. But it still keeps the OP style

Another BTW. I've been saying that Kuma was my least favorite out of almost anybody in the series. I'm glad AssertN finally lead the movement against him. I hate the guy.

@deathbooz: um what? For the last time, he's an admiral. Anyone that has that title Fleet Admiral, or Shichibukai would be that strong easily. In fact heres a little poll to justify things that I've been thinking about posting.

Pending that all of the Admirals and Sengoku (fleet admiral) are all logia users. What do you think happened to the them?

My scenario: the admirals gain ranks, lots of height, and fighting power, and became admirals. Then, (to make them supremely powerful) Vegapunk made, or told the marines where to find the best logia fruits

AssertN scenario: the admirals weren't admirals at all at first, but had eaten the fruit long ago, then chose a path of justice rather than piracy, and were instantly made Admirals within a year or two of being in the marines

AssertN's is valid but I think mine has some backing to it as well. We both actually think they're height is important to the rank they have as intimidation.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Kizaru is faster, enel can only move with a metal conductor, and Kizaru can light speed anywhere (not sure about Enel, but still, that's my opinion).

what I meant about him being over-powered, was that when we first saw Aoikoji, we saw that while being super strong and all, he was still "fighting" before going on overdrive with his fruit.
he first played around a bit, and when things got serious (Sanji-Zoro-Luffy team up is serious) he used his fruit abilities in a manner that isn't all about 'killing the enemy', the abilities he displayed, were support type to his fighting skills (ice blade, ice kawawimi, ice armor) and not weapons by themselves (light kick, light beam). it's a matter of feeling, not ration.

about the fruits: we've seen (enies Lobby) that the marines have many fruit user at the level of commander, and like Smoker (what's up with him lately?), they get promoted from time to time. I think that the fact that they're all Logia, is more of a 'story coincidence' rather than plot driven. I don't think there's any secret behind it.
if Dr.Vega could bring them fruits, I reckon he'd get the CP some better fruits, or at least earlier. could be, though, it should have taken a whole bunch of fruits to invent Zoan type swords...

as for ONE piece rocking the manga jungle...
Oda made his story an adventure, rather than action story, he doesn't apologize for making his characters stronger, or for making them actually climb from being the small fish in the puddle.
OP has been going on for 500 chapters, and they've only now gotten to the point that the Higher up notices their existence (along with 8 other, equally strong pirates). Bleach made Ichigo win against captains less than 150 chapters into the story, and Naruto was targeted by the super akatsuki ninjas as soon as chapter 150ish as well. so while Op can keep up with decent villains, who are just as petty and generally un-important as the ones in the first volumes, Naruto and Bleach have to keep inventing new freak enemies to fight, and make up some ridiculous back story to support it .

Carnage
Sat, 08-09-2008, 05:19 PM
The art has been improving since the Water 7 arc.

I think one of the aspects that can keep this series going is how Oda only gives a sense of "power level" once in a blue moon. For the most part, the smaller battles depend on abilities and creativity, which is why Oda can keep escalation of power under control. While at the same time, he can give a sense of importance through bounties, even though they don't necessarily represent strength. This is opposed to everony in Bleach having power blasts, people with giant chakra levels in Naruto, and epic power levels in Dragonball.

docdan63
Sun, 08-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Kizaru is faster, enel can only move with a metal conductor, and Kizaru can light speed anywhere (not sure about Enel, but still, that's my opinion).

about the fruits: we've seen (enies Lobby) that the marines have many fruit user at the level of commander, and like Smoker (what's up with him lately?), they get promoted from time to time. I think that the fact that they're all Logia, is more of a 'story coincidence' rather than plot driven. I don't think there's any secret behind it.
if Dr.Vega could bring them fruits, I reckon he'd get the CP some better fruits, or at least earlier. could be, though, it should have taken a whole bunch of fruits to invent Zoan type swords...

I also think that Kizaru is faster. Actually, I think it would be a perfect tie, but it seems like Kizaru can literally teleport as fast as light.

I think Smoker eventually became higher rank too. And yes Dr Vegapunk probably would've given the CP9 much better fruits, so it probably is story driven that the Admirals are all logia users. Speaking of which, what episode/chapter was that Sengoku talked to Saul and gave him his mission to Ohara for the buster call back when he was just an Admiral? I'm curious to know.

Which makes me realize. If the Admirals are all this strong, and the fleet admiral is above them, how strong do you guys think he really is? I mean he's gotta be a logia type too. Even back when he was an Admiral he was probably on par with the current 3.

animus
Tue, 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Sengoku seemed a little to worried to seem strong for me. The strongest people are usually care free. But then again his name's Sengoku so it has to mean something.

docdan63
Wed, 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Sengoku seemed a little to worried to seem strong for me. The strongest people are usually care free. But then again his name's Sengoku so it has to mean something.

I actually think that had to do more with how to handle the SH crew and Luffy as a situation so near to the HQ. Also don't forget that his promotion to Fleet admiral was very recent. He's only been in this position for about 4-5 years. That isn't very long. And the SH were starting at that time. Most of all, the SH crew and Luffy's growth is probably the biggest rookie growth he's seen since the days of a Yonkou like Shanks or Whitebeard. So he's probably wondering what the hell to do when future pirates come and out do Luffy and Luffy becomes well established as a fearsome force in the NW. It'll take time but I can see it happening. He can already spirit scare people and he's not even 20. I didn't want to believe Oda was making him that strong or that his fighting/bounty growth in defeating some of the most dangerous powerful one piece characters was going to happen so soon in his crews life.

I think he actually does have a logia fruit. Him being a god leader or tactician doesn't seem to be Odas style in power levels. In fact I'm beginning to think a lot of higher up marines are going to have fruits coming up here. More pirates than marines in the NW IMO, but you get my picture.