Fri, 08-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Online View
http://www.starkana.com/manga/One_Piece/509

Strange new powers.
A voodo guy.
A dinosaur guy.
A music guy.

Definitely a very entertaining chapter.

Please remember to name the thread title appropiately as "One Piece Chapter XXX"

Assertn
Fri, 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
As I thought, Kizaru's ability is light. What could possibly be his weakness other than Blackbeard's darkness?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
wow.

this shit is wacked.
still, where's the real kuma? I remember him showing up somewhere, but I'm not sure where, or which one is real.

docdan63
Fri, 08-01-2008, 01:44 PM
As I thought, Kizaru's ability is light. What could possibly be his weakness other than Blackbeard's darkness?

You mean as everyone thought from the first time he kicked the mangrove and was unaffected from the pirates bullet. For the last time people, ALL ADMIRALS (and probably Sengoku as well now that we've seen 2 out of the 3 as logia users) ARE LOGIA USERS. I'd put money on it if I could but I can't do I don't.

Actually, he probably doesn't have a weakness besides BB's fruit. In fact I don't even think that BB can beat him. Kizaru would just beam his way and clear the darkness with his light. It would be a never ending yin yang battle with no end. In other words, probably the best fight in OP ever. And keep in mind BB can take physical damage. Kizaru is a true logis user. So all Kizaru would need to do is keep a distance from BB and attack him with beams of light.

I officially like X Drake the most out of every supernova now. I knew he was hiding something I just didn't know how bad ass it was. Oda sure delivered. Apoo is such a fucking let down. What a stupid fruit. Dancing to make someone blow up? Gimme a break. Oda showed a little bit of Kishi and Kubo in himself when he designed and wrote him.

Splash!
Fri, 08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Actually, he probably doesn't have a weakness besides BB's fruit. In fact I don't even think that BB can beat him. Kizaru would just beam his way and clear the darkness with his light. It would be a never ending yin yang battle with no end. In other words, probably the best fight in OP ever. And keep in mind BB can take physical damage. Kizaru is a true logis user. So all Kizaru would need to do is keep a distance from BB and attack him with beams of light.

A fight between light and darkness does seem like it would be a neverending struggle, but from what we have seen, I don't see how Kizaru's ability would put him at any more of an advantage against Blackbeard than Ace's did.

Blackbeard can create 'blackholes'. I think thats a pretty good indication that the power of light may not be that effective.
Also, the problem with blackbeard is just THAT its not so easy to keep distant from him. He can suck a Logia user's power out of them, even at a distance, and pull them in closer.

Assertn
Fri, 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
You mean as everyone thought from the first time he kicked the mangrove and was unaffected from the pirates bullet. For the last time people, ALL ADMIRALS (and probably Sengoku as well now that we've seen 2 out of the 3 as logia users) ARE LOGIA USERS. I'd put money on it if I could but I can't do I don't.

I officially like X Drake the most out of every supernova now. I knew he was hiding something I just didn't know how bad ass it was. Oda sure delivered. Apoo is such a fucking let down. What a stupid fruit. Dancing to make someone blow up? Gimme a break. Oda showed a little bit of Kishi and Kubo in himself when he designed and wrote him.
Just because it was obvious that Kizaru was a logia user doesn't mean it was obvious his logia type was light.

Also, don't you think you are drawing a bit of a conclusion about Apoo based on one thing he did?

docdan63
Fri, 08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Just because it was obvious that Kizaru was a logia user doesn't mean it was obvious his logia type was light.

Also, don't you think you are drawing a bit of a conclusion about Apoo based on one thing he did?

A. We saw a flash of light from his foot during the mangrove kick after the pirate shot him
B. For 3 chapters previous to this, every attack he used, had a bright shine of light over the surrounding area of where he attacked
C. Yellow Monkey and enel already had the lightning fruit. And yes I still think that the colors have something to do with the powers they have. But the animal names don't at all in anyway.

About Apoo. Does he have a fruit that allows him to be paramecia, and zoan? Can he use his paramecia abilities to do other things besides stupid music things? It's not the attacks he used against kizaru, it's the kind of attack. I think it's stupid that Oda wrote him as a musician type. Thats really lame. Everything about him is lame. The way he looks. The name of his crew. The fact that he uses a DJ spin table thing. Everything. Even if he can blow stuff up, its still stupid IMO. Thats not going to change my opinion on it at all. Sorry Assertn.

Augury
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
What'd you expect out of him? The guy has piano keys for teeth.