PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 68-69

Marik
Thu, 07-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Double ep, Believe it!.

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns068-069.torrent

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-31-2008, 10:32 PM
That was just beyond queer. For the first time this filler series, I've found myself having to fast forward through certain parts of the episode, so as to get to the point. And Sora being what he is, is some other nonsense. Naruto getting the rasengan off the way he did would've been cool if it hadn't been preceeded by the asskicking he got, slipping off the roof when he knows how to use chakra to walk on walls and roofs, and stick to shit, or if it didn't preceed some further BS, like his opponent being a stack of hair and floating eyeballs. Overall, just crap.

Marik
Thu, 07-31-2008, 10:57 PM
I agree. It was the first time I had to fast forward through the ep as well. The whole second ep, was just Sora powering up. They dragged it out way too long. The whole Rasengan on the hair bit, had me laughing at how dumb it was. I hated how they ripped off Naruto's cloak too. The storyline in this ep was just pure BS.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-31-2008, 11:16 PM
A hair monster?

Really?

So...I guess I'm looking forward to the climax of this arc because there's a remote possibility of Kyuubi on Kyuubi action. I'm not gonna get my expectations too high though. I fully expect this conflict to end in a heartfelt speech rather than a kickass battle.

redcat
Thu, 07-31-2008, 11:47 PM
asuma defeating that limelight guy was a bit underwhelming.

Marik
Thu, 07-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Indeed. He showed up, they collided in air, the end.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:11 AM
I almost had to fast forward. Almost.

I was having lunch, so I just chewed a bit harder to work off the frustration. When I heard the guy had Kyuubi Chakra, I was so waiting for Naruto to transform, only to have him talk, and tell me it'll happen next episode.

Regarding Kitane, he left his rod behind. Superblade + Asuma would have diced him easy, as opposed to their previous fight. They could have done it a bit more dramatically though.

I don't get the transformation though. If Naruto doesn't get a brown lumpy arm, I don't see why Sora should.

Wren
Fri, 08-01-2008, 04:04 AM
what i want to know is how taking scraps of something is supposed to be stronger than the original source? and if this pseudo-jinchuuriki is supposed to be equal to a real one, then why go through the trouble of sealing them in the 1st place other than having a place to hide it? on a side note i found it amusing that out of the 3 battles (sakura and yamato last eps) and naruto's this time, as always the worst in quality and actual content was naruto's. kid never gets a break does he?

Nintendo
Fri, 08-01-2008, 06:11 AM
i hate the (being alone) shit that they always pull in naruto,we understood it and thats enough,there is no filler arcs in naruto without an annoying kid that was orphan like naruto and we spend awhole 2-3episodes saying the same shit again and again,i know it's naruto theme but that's alot and we hate it now.
P.S the upcoming 2 episodes are the last of the fillers (ep 70-71) AT LAST.thank God.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
what i want to know is how taking scraps of something is supposed to be stronger than the original source? and if this pseudo-jinchuuriki is supposed to be equal to a real one, then why go through the trouble of sealing them in the 1st place other than having a place to hide it?

I suppose when you're comparing very-near-infinite chakra as opposed to not-quite-so-near-infinite chakra, you can't tell the difference in destructive power, since they'll both wipe out pretty much anything within the vicinity anyway (assuming the Kyuubi never really does use it's full potential). What I don't understand is how getting 9 tails will somehow make you another Kyuubi. Maybe a mini Kyuubi, but the real deal?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I suppose when you're comparing very-near-infinite chakra as opposed to not-quite-so-near-infinite chakra, you can't tell the difference in destructive power, since they'll both wipe out pretty much anything within the vicinity anyway (assuming the Kyuubi never really does use it's full potential). What I don't understand is how getting 9 tails will somehow make you another Kyuubi. Maybe a mini Kyuubi, but the real deal?

Well, for Naruto, what's supposed to happen (and I think this is backed up somewhere in the manga and/or anime) is that upon releasing all nine tails, the kyubi itself is essentially released, and Naruto's a goner. For Sora...I think his dad (yes, his freakin father, how boring) is just talking out of his posterior.

redcat
Fri, 08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
maybe it's like cloning another kyuubi. I don't know. It's filler.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
This ep killed the whole arc for me.
Using Kyuubi's chakra to fuck up Sora is decently believable (As in, Sora being a battery for the stolen chakra), but when the cloack formed, I lost confidence in this arc completely.
The whole 'cultivating chakra' is just só stupid.

I can only hope now that the coming battle is worth watching action wise, because the whole story of this arc is totally dead. I guess we have 1 fighting ep, and one ep finishing it all.

StingRay
Fri, 08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
The only thing i find interesting about this arc is that they gave some semblance of background to Asuma. It was nice seeing the 3rd again even if only for a few seconds. I found it interesting as well they showed him interacting with Asuma. First episode seemed really rushed, while the second dragged out to milk time for next weeks chat fest.

I feel they will waste a majority of the episode having Asuma and Kazuma talk to each other; how kazuma survived, how he met these people he associates with now, and how Asuma couldn't bring himself to actually kill him the first time around but will now not hold back because he wants to protect everyone in Konoha from Kazuma's destruction. Like father, like son in other words.

Hopefully I'm wrong. :) if its not this episode, it will probably be the one after it.

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Wow... this episode was epic... failure.

Seriously... all the arc went down the drain. Most decent filler arc goes to the drain because they threw down this shit.

Kraco
Sun, 08-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Aye, aye. I can't avoid wondering when Sora runs out of steam. After all, like was said, he only has a finite amount of kyuubi chakra. How finite, I guess that's the big question. The potato villain must have calculated the chakra lasts long enough to wipe out Konoha. Although what basis he has for such estimates is another question altogether, of course.

The whole situation must amuse the real Kyuubi inside of Naruto. Maybe the preview suggested the Kyuubi will try to use the situation to break free.

I somehow endured these eps but when the "what's wrong with you adults. You don't even try to understand how we feel" line came, it felt like the last straw was just added. That was a bit too much even for Naruto. Especially considering how these fellows have been fighting alongside of adults for years now, and will be adults themselves soon enough. The handlers should really pay attention to what kind of mushrooms they feed to the poor script writing monkeys.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 08-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Scriptwriting monkey's on mushrooms create rainbow rasengans...
This kind of ep is what you get when you displease the scriptwriting manatees. They gather the most stupid plot-balls to form an episode.

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Extremely boring double-episode

I loved the good, old " If you do that I'll....... " - *You will do what, you worthless piece of sh-t* - " I'll... I'll.... NEVER FORGIVE YOU"

well many weird things happened...
and I'm not even talking about Naruto defeating that new "hair element"-Pokemón with his rasengan

best part of this episode was the "Clone Wars" preview-stuff...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Aye, aye. I can't avoid wondering when Sora runs out of steam. After all, like was said, he only has a finite amount of kyuubi chakra. How finite, I guess that's the big question.I think that by "infusing Sora with the Kyuubi's genes(btw, where the hell did they get Kyuubi genes? Did he rub one out on the walls of Konoha or something)" he's allowed to generate new chakra. He probably won't run out on his own.

Kraco
Mon, 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, it would make a pretty lousy conclusion in any case if they just kept talking until he loses all the red chakra... So, whether it's finite or infinite should be beyond the required scope of the plot; it should just last until he's defeated, and thus the situation would be solved without any need to explain it further (as if they could explain it, anyway).

That being said, I hope Sora dies.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-05-2008, 02:52 AM
I'll still be sane if Sora lives. I hope his dad dies though.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
If this arc end in any way other than Naruto absorbing all of Sora's kyuubi chakra, I'll be surprised.

Archangel
Wed, 08-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah the episode sucked balls

The interesting thing was the "naruto extra project" thing that appeared in the middle of the 2 episodes, what was that about?

Is it also related to the movie? They said they'd show it by the end of the episode but dattebayo must have cut that part off

Edit: Best i could find, the last second probably shows a bit of the said project (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDxwAVnbS4k)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I just HATE how they keep taking about everyone's nature type. That is soo lame!

Jeff_from_MD
Sun, 08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't get the hair monster. So is that thing not a ninja technique? Was it a ninja at all? Was it even human?

Kraco
Sun, 08-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I believe it was a lesser relative of the flying spaghetti monster. Truly a horrendous and formidable enemy as we saw.

Seriously, though, maybe it was something similar to Sasori. Only written by the filler script writing monkeys and thus infinitely worse. Or maybe it was some lesser demon, much lesser than the bijuu.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Or maybe someone was high on crack and couldn't control where he went potty, so he pooped on some sheets of paper. Seeing as he was high for so long, and the deadline for the script was so close, he handed in said sheets of paper. It met the requirement of not being detrimental to the sales of Naruto products, thus they animated and distributed the episode.

Archangel
Mon, 08-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Or maybe someone was high on crack and couldn't control where he went potty, so he pooped on some sheets of paper. Seeing as he was high for so long, and the deadline for the script was so close, he handed in said sheets of paper. It met the requirement of not being detrimental to the sales of Naruto products, thus they animated and distributed the episode.

Then what's your theory on the original naruto's filler hell?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Two people high on crack

Archangel
Tue, 08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
2 ppl were able to create that much bullshit? I'm impressed

Jessper
Tue, 08-12-2008, 07:19 PM
It isn't really all that far fetched, just look at Animeniax.