PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Resident Evil Degeneration

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-27-2008, 12:29 AM
A new CG movie based on Resident Evil is in collaborative production between Capcom and Sony.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/RED.png

RE: Degeneration takes 7 years after the Raccon City incident. Terrorists have thrown the T-Virus inside an Airport, thus Leon S. Kennedy has been assigned to take the case. Inside he will have a fateful encounter, as he finds Claire Redfield, and both team up to resolve the case.

Cam trailer from the Comic-Con:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37597.html

Japanese Website:
http://www.biohazardcg.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally a decent Resident Evil Movie. And unlike SquareEnix, Capcom's first movie will be entirely loyal to the universe of RE. Even Zombies come back, in this adventure which takes place 1 year later after Resident Evil 4 canonically speaking.

It is scheduled for an October 18 release in japan, with no confirmed date for USA, but since this is RE... english voice acting will definitely be there from the very beginning, just like all RE games, as seen on the trailer. A must see... must download... and must buy as soon as it gets here.

Psyke
Sun, 07-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Wow, good news for Resident Evil fans. For a moment there I thought we were going to see another Hollywood sequel to the trilogy. So, this movie is confirmed for theaters? Some movies in Japan go straight to DVD, and is usually part of a special promotion for a game or event.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't have the data. Actually I was assuming (and hoping) a direct release on DVD so I can download it while it gets released on this side of the pond.

Idealistic
Sun, 07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow, good news for Resident Evil fans. For a moment there I thought we were going to see another Hollywood sequel to the trilogy. So, this movie is confirmed for theaters? Some movies in Japan go straight to DVD, and is usually part of a special promotion for a game or event.

I thought the same thing... But wow! This is what RE fans really need.

Hope it's also suspenseful and scary. :D

darkshadow
Sun, 07-27-2008, 08:58 PM
This is pretty ( more like really) old, but still awesome to see a thread of it here, claire was always my fav. and leon is pretty badass too, so this movie should fking rock.
anyway this will be straight to dvd/blu-ray.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
This is pretty ( more like really) old, but still awesome to see a thread of it here, claire was always my fav. and leon is pretty badass too, so this movie should fking rock.
anyway this will be straight to dvd/blu-ray.

Dunno about the old... but the trailer that prompted me to make the thread was revealed at the comic-con just this past 25th of july...

darkshadow
Sun, 07-27-2008, 11:17 PM
A new trailer doesn't mean it's just been announced, it has almost been a year ago that i first heard about it and saw the first footage.

insane
Fri, 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
i didn't like the trilogy. but i will definitely watch this if it comes out here.

Idealistic
Tue, 11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
What do you know?

http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/142/14269199/vids_1.html

The first 8 minutes + 3 more if you watch the Red Band Clip after it, has been posted up.

and OMG THIS MOVIE LOOKS SO GOOD!

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Looks good. I've only seen the first of the trilogy myself, but that's all the backstory you'll need for some zombie hacking.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-11-2008, 09:47 AM
The movie is being released on DVD and Blu-ray this december 30.

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Degeneration-Blu-ray/dp/B001I9XOQ4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1226414842&sr=8-2

Psyke
Tue, 11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Watching the clips made me wish that this was a game. I so wanted to be able to control Claire at the scene where she witnessed the plane crash and the zombies falling out. But well, RE 5's almost here.

Munsu
Fri, 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Anyone watched it yet?
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2062499

Psyke
Fri, 12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Wow thanks for the link! Downloading now! :p

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Im buying it on Blu-Ray later this month... I'll skip the torrent this time around.

TwisT
Fri, 12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Well there's two scene releases out for it too

Resident_Evil_Degeneration_2008_DVDRip_H264-KingBen

Size: 709.68 MB
Video: 720×400 (1.800:1) | 889kbit/s | 23.976 fps
Audio: English | 129kbit/s | MP4

and

Resident Evil Degeneration 2008 DVDRip XviD-LUSO

Size: 714.40 MB
Video: 640 x 352 | 877kbit/s | 23.976 fps
Audio: English | 448kbit/s | MP3

Even though it has been out for over 2 days now, it still only has 181 votes on IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1174954/

But it has a score of 9.1 from those so i guess it should be great.

EDIT: found 2 more.

Resident Evil Degeneration DVDR NTSC F-I

and

Resident Evil Degeneration 2008 DVDRip XviD-TDM

Size: 1.44 GB
Video: 640 x 352 | 1995kbit/s | 23.976 fps
Audio: English | AC3 | 5.1
Subtitles: English | French | Spanish | Portuguese

darkshadow
Fri, 12-05-2008, 07:35 PM
i wtched it yesterday, and thought it was pretty good, wraps things up with the t-virus>umbrella>g-virus>tri-cell>RE5 so thats good.

Psyke
Sun, 12-07-2008, 09:49 AM
I thought the plot was broken, with too many things not being explained or put there for the sake of convenience...... The best part to me is still the airport scene.

Idealistic
Tue, 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
My blu-ray just came in today. $19.99 free shipping from amazon, can't beat that.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this movie. I think everything was well done. Sure, the CGs and lipsyncs weren't the best, or on FFAC's level, but it was still pretty good to me. I'm not a hardcore fan of RE so I don't know everything about the plot, though I still love these games.

Definitely better than the hollywood films that's for sure.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-04-2009, 07:23 AM
I just found time to watch this. I'm.....a bit disappointed. I can't quite tell what I'm not happy with though. Visuals were pretty impressive, voice acting was also quite good (though I don't like Leon, he's too....cool), and they did put enough effort in to make the plot "full".

But still, the whole thing felt kind of flat and unengaging. I think the thing that killed it was that besides getting a girlfriend, our main hero got zero character development, powering through 1.5 hrs of footage effortlessly. With no real backstory, he's just an agent. Pit him against a few zombies, he pulls headshots. Pit him against a lobby full of zombies, he pulls headshots. Introduce a G-virus mutated boss who survives infernoes, marines and falling debris.....

....(wait for it)......he pulls headshots.

Throw in a conspiracy plot twist at the end, and you have Resident Evil: Degeneration.

That's my take on it anyway. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't good.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I'll be watching this movie after it finishes downloading. A few weeks ago I watched Resident Evil: Extinction, which was okay, but managed to draw me in as the movie progressed. I didn't get to watch the end though, becase Joox sucks. D:

From the trailer, the actions of the characters look a little more stiff that Advent Children, but I really really like it anyway, as well as the top notch voice acting, something I sorely miss when watching any English dub. I really liked the apocalyptical news stories that seem to be typical of any scientific horror/thriller... like Children of Men, I am Legend, etc etc.

Well.. downloading now!

Edit: Finished the movie...It was pretty suspenseful even though the plasticy stiff characters were sort of annoying. I kept thinking someone with a sword should just come and pwn the G-virus monster. *cough yomi cough*

darkshadow
Sun, 02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I just bought and watched it on blu-ray, and it looked and sounded great, and maybe I''m tripping, but the lipsynching seemed perfectly fine in this release >_>.