PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 508

Splash!
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Ch.508 by Franky House (MU) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HF7244L3)

Online Viewing at OneManga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/508/)

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Mass Produced Kuma? Uh oh...

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 11:44 AM
One Piece is just so action packed that when I'm finished reading I hardly know what to say.

Luffy and the gang are probably gonna get their asses handed to them and does anyone know who Kizaru is looking for. I get the feeling I should know but I don't.

Assertn
Fri, 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Kizaru is looking for his nephew...the kid on the last page.

I'd say that maybe Kuma's teleportation ability allows him to occupy multiple spaces at (visibly) the same time, however Zoro seems to think there's something different about that Kuma, so maybe Vegapunk mass-produced him.

However, while many of the bodies can perform the cyborg moves, such as shooting beams, only one of them should actually be able to use the repulsion devil fruit.

Capone......haha wtf??

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh right, duh.

Well he is supposed to be a cyborg so its more likely that Vegapunk made some copies. In which case you should be right that only the real one would have the DF ability, in that case Luffy and the crew should be able to take him out and then afterward Zoro will say something like "Thats not the real Kuma!"

I like this Hawkins guy. Reminds me of someone.

Assertn
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:05 PM
So many of the rookies have the strangest fruit powers....

Law can swap objects within a specific time-space.
Bonny can manipulate the age of something.
Capone is a walking fortress?
Hawkins has puppets in his body?

Sure they're interesting abilities, but how versatile can they be? The nice thing about Luffy and Kidd's powers, at least, they'd be able to adapt their fighting style to most different types of opponents...as long as the opponent can be physically harmed. I'm not convinced that most of these other guys can reach the same level.

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Well that kinda is the thing with DF right, you can get the strangest and sometimes most useless abilities. I don't expect many of them to get the same level as Luffy, in fact I don't see Bonny and Capone, in particular, going anywhere at all but that is kinda the point. This little incident should separate out those who have what it takes to survive in the new world and those who don't. I think who the top three are has already been established.

Assertn
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah but even so, all of the rookies at this point are supposed to be comparatively respected for their accomplishments, but imagine putting some of them in Luffy's previous positions. The defeat of Arlong, the defeat of Baroque works, the defeat of Enis Lobby. They must have experienced similar challenges to earn the bounties they have. Could something like a cavalry in your body solve those problems?

I'd have to say though....most of the higher-level Baroque works members had far more practical abilities...

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah but even so, all of the rookies at this point are supposed to be comparatively respected for their accomplishments, but imagine putting some of them in Luffy's previous positions. The defeat of Arlong, the defeat of Baroque works, the defeat of Enis Lobby. They must have experienced similar challenges to earn the bounties they have. Could something like a cavalry in your body solve those problems?

I'd have to say though....most of the higher-level Baroque works members had far more practical abilities...
Similar challenges but not necessarily of the same level. Based on Luffy's accomplishments heck just based on the people he is associated with, Robin, Ace, Shanks, Garp, Dragon, his bounty should be much much higher but ever since the Crocodile incident the marines have been trying as hard as possible to down play Luffy's strength, so I think we should take that into consideration. So comparitively, I don't think there are any other rookies near Luffy's level except for Kid, his bounty is 315 Million.

Secondly the way people get recognition and especially bounties in One Piece is just too random for anyone to make any conclusions based on that. I mean you can simply just piss off the wrong people and get yourself an extremely high bounty.

Yeah well I get your Baroque works point but Baroque works was an organization created by Crocodile and he recruited people who had abilities he deemed useful, so its rational that their abilities would seem far more practical. Heck I bet CP9 could wipe the floor with most of these rookies.

docdan63
Sat, 07-26-2008, 01:42 AM

True they're supposed to and for the most part I think that they are. I mean first all, every rookie is a captain of their own ship and crew. Second, they've all made it to the next half of the GL and to the most dangerous part of the first half of the GL and series. I think comparing them to Luffy is kind of pointless because of his drive and love for his crew and unstoppable drive to become PK. These coupled with the fact that he has a fruit that's allowed him fighting abilities well above any of the other ten supernovas (even though I hate to admit it) is something can has to be given up into the halls of rookie greatness. By the way, comparing Arlong, to BW isn't right at all. Arlong wasn't much of a fight besides Luffy falling in the water. Crocodile handpicked his crewman for his agents and was prepared to take on anyone that rivaled him. Plus, the obvious thing is that he was one of the few, rare, great and powerful logia users that grace this series with their presence when Oda feels someone is worthy of having one.

I actually don't think Capones fruit is that pointless. He's a walking general with no real need for an army of men. Granted I'll give you they are small, but still he has armies any time he wants. Bonney's is also useful. First of all she doesn't age one bit. Second, the marines she was affecting couldn't even hold guns anymore because they were too old or too young to operate one. The person I'm already sick of is Hawkins. He has no emotion or personality. His fruit is pointless. And his prediction thing could just be someone hearing him aloud and then thinking maybe I'll just give him a chance. I mean Kizaru could be fucking with him when he heard him say "it's not my time to die" just for shits and giggles and let him live for a bit.

I think it's safe to say that Borsalino has the light light logia fruit. I know I've ranted about it many times and it's been beaten to death. But this and the previous chapter almost definitely confirms that he has the power to control light and light like properties.

1. His boot was seen trailing light when he kicked Hawkins
2. a bullet went through him. Logia 101 (sans Blackbeards dark fruit)
3. he created a spark when he first kicked the mangrove down
4. he made a bullet of pure energy at the tip of his finger

As for the bullet bouncing off it could just be another example of One Piece-logic. Like how the Darkness fruit absorbs everything, the light fruit could reflect everything. I know I'm going against my number 2 here, but I have to give in and think otherwise. There could be the opposite affect. And maybe the bullet didn't go through him so much as being the opposite as Blackbeards and bouncing off of him. Who knows. I actually think Oda should tell us soon though. Why? Because when Aokiji showed up, Robin figured it out and told the readers what it was almost as soon as he froze the ocean for the old man.

Assertn
Sat, 07-26-2008, 03:41 AM
I actually don't think Capones fruit is that pointless. He's a walking general with no real need for an army of men. Granted I'll give you they are small, but still he has armies any time he wants. Bonney's is also useful. First of all she doesn't age one bit. Second, the marines she was affecting couldn't even hold guns anymore because they were too old or too young to operate one. The person I'm already sick of is Hawkins. He has no emotion or personality. His fruit is pointless. And his prediction thing could just be someone hearing him aloud and then thinking maybe I'll just give him a chance. I mean Kizaru could be fucking with him when he heard him say "it's not my time to die" just for shits and giggles and let him live for a bit.
An army of regular men has an obvious limit in strength.
Take for example, the entire island of marines on Enis Lobby.

animus
Sat, 07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Hawkins uses voodoo I guess?

poopdeville
Sat, 07-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Robin always knew about Aokiji's power. Robin saw Jaguar D. Saul get frozen to death. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/397/13/

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Capone reminded me of Eddie Murphy's new movie... lol.

docdan63
Mon, 07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Capone reminded me of Eddie Murphy's new movie... lol.

That's what I thought when I first saw it too.

They need to stop fucking around and reveal Kizaru's power already. It'll be easy for Oda pull off. All he has to do is have Kizaru meet a powerful veteran of the OP world. Rayleigh, Robin, who knows. Maybe even Garp assuming that he shows up on that grove. My guess is Oda will use that as his base to work from. My theory about the other pirates is the crappier or more ridiculous the fruit, the faster Oda will get rid of them. Bonney, gone. Capone, gone. Hawkins, gone. Out of all of the supernovas, Luffy, Drake, Law and Kidd are going to be the only ones left to be seen again. And I don't have a problem with that at all.

We'll see.

Assertn
Mon, 07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I want to see Scratchman Apoo's ability.

Death13a
Mon, 07-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Kizaru is probably like Rob Lucci but 100 times more powerful and he is Zoan devil fruit type: Monkey. Rayleigh defiantly will stay out of fight. Strawhats are suppose to stay for 3 days. I doubt any Supernovas will die/captured in first 2 days.