PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 410

Marik
Thu, 07-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Binktopia - Online Viewable - http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-410/page001.html

Binktopia - Direct Download - http://dl01.mangashare.com/downloads/Naruto_410%5BBinktopia%5D.zip

SleepyFans - Online Viewable - http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/410/

Psyke
Thu, 07-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Did they just skip part of the battle again? :(

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe a little bit, but it couldn't have been that interesting. Suigetsu attacked like Naruto, got owned like Naruto, Juugo moved in like Naruto, got owned like Naruto, and the chick is much like Sakura of olden days, and now Sasuke's moving in to handle this. It's the Chuunin exam!

Old frog hermit master telling gamakichi to stfu brought lolz.

Carnage
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm getting tired of this shit.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-25-2008, 02:25 AM
He raps too? Oh gosh...Kishi, what are you doing? At least we know why Jiraiya was transforming into a frog now, though.

johntmh
Fri, 07-25-2008, 04:24 AM
As expected from chapter 410 where the battle between Sasuke and 8-tailed beast is just a part to show how powerful Sasuke is. It may not be shown in this chapter but we can see that Sasuke is getting serious to deal with the 8-tailed beast after he shows how powerful he is by blocking Suigetsu’s sword and beats Judo.

Seems Paine’s raid on Konoha hasn’t start as well. This is a part I am more looking forward to. Of course I am interested in knowing how Naruto’s training goes as long as Naruto doesn’t show his ignorance and foolish attitude. Hopefully by this so-called Sage technique, Naruto will find a peace of mind and becomes more mature.

ForteCross
Fri, 07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
please, stop saying "naruto will become more mature"... everytime something happens to naruto there is someone saying that... when the two years passed, when gaara died, when he first met sasuke, when he lost against sasuke, every freaking time we expect that he just goes back to be a retarded, even when jiraya died... its not gonna happen, until it happens >.>" i say stop asking for naruto to be more mature, just wait and then say "holy shit hell froze!!"

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Boring ass chapter.
The only thing that would make this fight enjoyable is that the 8-tailed Jinchuriki ended being blind, immune to the shit-sharingan. But that won't happen since Kishimoto loves Sasuke and wants him to shine. While Naruto once more looks more stupid.

Please skip all this crap and return to Paine... Sasuke is just staining the coolness of the Akatsuki robes...

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 11:18 AM
"The Battle of the Gorge of Storms" and we spend the entire chapter watching Naruto preparing for Kishi's latest idiotic plot device. Just get to Pain killing some leaf ninjas already, I really have no interest in this BS hermit stuff and it looks like Sasuke's battle is going to be even worse than I expected.

I know there can never be a normal black guy in a Japanese manga but what the hell is this. He dances, he curses, he raps? All during a battle? His character doesn't even make any sense and Kishi could have at least shown us how the hell he beat Juugo, since we haven't seen anything out of Juugo, ever. Hopefully Sasuke will beat this guy quickly so we can all move on.

Oh yeah btw, if you start transforming I'll hit you with my magic stick.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM
come again?
the guy, who we all had such a high hopes about, is a blind, rapping jerk?
even cool people can't be even cool anymore in Naruto?
did Kishi stop even trying? is there no hope.

Naruto training:
1. "you have to die"
2. "not really, you just have to sit still for a few days and meditate"
3. "oh, screw that, drink the holy water and you'll be fine, though you might turn into a frog"
4. "not really, I'm watching over, so you won't turn into a frog".

the fight.
Sugi comes, fights, a cloud of dust, and then he says that he has lost.
Jugi comes, brings out Sasuke's 2nd seal form (one crazy left hand? it's like a copy paste of duck-sasuke)
Karin cryes, since she's a woman, and women in Naruto don't do anything.
as said, it's like the chunin fight all over again...

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
come again?
the guy, who we all had such a high hopes about, is a blind, rapping jerk?

I don't think he is blind, but I wish he was.

If he was blind then Sasugay could not use his shit-sharingan-flower on him. At least genjutsu wise... bleh

Assertn
Fri, 07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm not really interested at all in this jinchurriki, so I don't think I'd complain if Sasuke wins in the next chapter. Kishimoto is obviously bent on glazing over as much detail as possible for this fight, which suggests to me that its sole purpose is to further develop Sasuke.

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Which is what I've been saying, since ever. Kishimoto doesn't have any interest in developing any character whose name isn't either Naruto or Sasuke.

Teki
Fri, 07-25-2008, 02:49 PM
No, he can't be blind. The jinchuuriki was complaining how bright it was outside after training in the cave or something right? But I think it would be funny if he were blind.

Idealistic
Fri, 07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
looooooooool..... turn into a frog/toad?

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Which is what I've been saying, since ever. Kishimoto doesn't have any interest in developing any character whose name isn't Sasuke.

Fixed. Naruto's development equals the development of a two month old baby versus a two month 1 day old baby

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Sure Kishi doesn't spend any time developing Naruto but hax training method, that produces a jutsu that my teacher couldn't do, is what counts as development. I should mention this since people seem to be confused about it but adding elemental affinity to the rasengan isn't something Minato couldn't do. He just didn't get to before he died.

chet_chetty
Fri, 07-25-2008, 06:10 PM
maybe the jutsu Itachi gave Naruto will surface, perhaps forcefully, during the sage training.

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Uh why, if anything the trigger for that "jutsu" will be Sasuke's sharingan just like the trigger for Amaterasu was Madara's sharingan.

fahoumh
Fri, 07-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't understand why Kishi continues to write in Juugo, Suigetsu, and Karin into the manga when he always has them doing nothing. It seemed to me like built up anticipation for a confrontation between Suigetsu and Kisame even to the point where they were readying their swords then there was NOTHING. Even this fight they didn't serve any purpose, not even as lousy support for Sasuke.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Four words:
Filler material for anime.
Of course... if they do them like the clone wars... bleh

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Are you suggesting that the mangaka is purposely leaving stuff out so that some idiots over at an animation company can fill in it. No offence, but that's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard of, if indeed that is what you're saying.

Assertn
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Are you suggesting that the mangaka is purposely leaving stuff out so that some idiots over at an animation company can fill in it. No offence, but that's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard of, if indeed that is what you're saying.
It sure felt that way with the Sasori vs Kankuro and team Gai vs clones fights.

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm not saying his conclusion is wrong. I'm saying that if that is actually what Kishimoto is doing, then he should be shot. Just think of an author saying, oh I'll just leave this out of the book and when they do a movie or a tv series they'll fill it in

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:25 PM
not only that, let us venture even further into the land of blasphemy (and madness).
the big money comes from commercials in the anime and merchendizing.
more characters give the anime more episodes (and more popularity), but they also give out an entire new set of action figures, characters for the games and more t-shirts.

Juugi had a slight importance, when it was revealed that he was the basis of orochimaru's curse seals (does it come into effect anymore?).
Suugi was supposed to show us how 'apart' the akatsuki and Sasuke are, and how different he is from them. it didn't happen.
Karin is just the girl with mysterious powers that doesn't make any sense.

extra: good ideas for bad filler (episode names included!) - I'm really bored..
-"Tables have turned! the neo generation comes to claim the sword!" - a special arc about an even younger water nin, with even crazier water abilities, that wants to kill Suugi and steal his sword.
-"an onsen ordeal? espinoge and spying at the bath, a one hour special" - a fangirls episode, Karin spends 40 minutes eyeing Sasuke's private parts while he takes a bath.
-"Demon released! the potion of unbelieveable evil" - some evil dude gives Juugi a magic potion that releases his maniac side, but he is saved by Sasuke's love and compassion.

you know it's going to happen.

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Lol, yeah. I definitely see them cashing in on the Zabuza fanboys.

chet_chetty
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Uh why, if anything the trigger for that "jutsu" will be Sasuke's sharingan just like the trigger for Amaterasu was Madara's sharingan.

oh, right. momentary lapse of judgment on my part.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm not saying his conclusion is wrong. I'm saying that if that is actually what Kishimoto is doing, then he should be shot. Just think of an author saying, oh I'll just leave this out of the book and when they do a movie or a tv series they'll fill it in

The thing about these manga fights is that, for me at least, I've never looked at one and went "ooooooh" or "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". Manga just doesn't pull that off for me, at least not this one. At least there's the potential for that in the anime. Which I still watch, and is why I still watch. I'm just here for the story as far as the manga's concerned. Might as well be a book.

Archangel
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:25 PM

hmmm then if sasuke hadn't known about Itachi's past and went to konoha after killing his brother naruto would deep fry his ass when they saw each other

The thing about these manga fights is that, for me at least, I've never looked at one and went "ooooooh" or "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". Manga just doesn't pull that off for me, at least not this one. At least there's the potential for that in the anime. Which I still watch, and is why I still watch. I'm just here for the story as far as the manga's concerned. Might as well be a book.

Ditto

About this chapter:

I don't know why u guys are bitching so much this chapter wasn't half bad imho

- So there's more to the sage power than just absorbing the nature's energy, that's good at least it isn't completely dbz he gave it a personal touch ( after all it's not like nature energy exclusively belongs to DB )

- Gave it a nice side effect, but i wish naruto controls it better than jiraya so they don't make naruto even more weird looking

- the eight tails wasn't owned on the spot ( at least not for now) and he does eem to be quite powerfull

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah well pulling off fights in a manga, especially large scale fights is not easy to do and really I don't think that was ever the appeal of Naruto. Manga really isn't about appealing to your senses:D

Archangel
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, in fact you'd probably enjoy this better if u only watched the anime but your curiosity won't allow it.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:48 PM

Can't say for sure Kishimoto is doing so, but as Assertn stated... how can we not believe so?

Remember Chuunin exams? Only fight that didn't make it to the manga did appear in the anime. And it was the weakest despite I liking Tenten and despite Temari's coolness.

Mark my words... if this arc ever gets animated we will see Suigetsu vs Kisame, Suigetsu vs 8-tail and Juugo vs 8-tail

I mean... come on!! How lame is Suigetsu's panel saying: "the 8-tail wields my sword better than I" yet we do not see it? when supposedely he had an 'equal' fight with one of the 7 swordsmen of the mist? And I saw supposedely (sp?) since neither of them looked injured, nor their clothes looked damaged.

Abdula
Fri, 07-25-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree with both you and Assertn completely. Its just sad that things have gotten to this point, Kishi might as well just write a script or a story for the anime guys to follow and let the manga be.

Assertn
Fri, 07-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Well in any case, it wouldn't be anything new...

The Tenten vs Temari prelim match was completely skipped in the manga too.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Naruto and Sakura vs Kakashi at the beginning of Part 2 is another example.
In the manga you see them begin, making Sakura crash the floor, next you see them panting during the night and they trick Kakashi with the ending of the book.

Anime? painfully stretched with boring things to see.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 07-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Which is what I've been saying, since ever. Kishimoto doesn't have any interest in developing any character whose name isn't either Naruto or Sasuke.

It didnt used to be that way, all of the characters used to have backstory time. Gaara, the sound kid, Neji, Hinata. So It is funny that they have stopped that now. = (

FullMetalAlchemist
Sun, 07-27-2008, 06:36 PM
It didnt used to be that way, all of the characters used to have backstory time. Gaara, the sound kid, Neji, Hinata. So It is funny that they have stopped that now. = (

They still do it if the character has some bigger meaning to the story, they did that recently with pain when they showed how jiraya trained him and all that. there just hasn't been any new character that deserves back story as of late.

Archangel
Sun, 07-27-2008, 08:15 PM
A back story on the members of "hawk" would be nice :)

Abdula
Sun, 07-27-2008, 09:25 PM
They still do it if the character has some bigger meaning to the story, they did that recently with pain when they showed how jiraya trained him and all that. there just hasn't been any new character that deserves back story as of late.
What they did with Pain wasn't necessarily the same thing. Its not like Neji or Gaara telling us their story. What we know of Pain is simply little pieces of what Jiraiya remembered of him. Come to think of it none of that was actually about Pain at all, that was Jiraiya's backstory, everything about the prophecy, him meeting the kids, fighting the Salamander guy, Minato etc.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
What they did with Pain wasn't necessarily the same thing. Its not like Neji or Gaara telling us their story. What we know of Pain is simply little pieces of what Jiraiya remembered of him. Come to think of it none of that was actually about Pain at all, that was Jiraiya's backstory, everything about the prophecy, him meeting the kids, fighting the Salamander guy, Minato etc.

Exactly, however it does make it that much more interesting to NOT have all that information out on the table from the person that lived it. I guess I am torn really, I dont mind waiting for a good outcome of information, but at the same time the first person account for their own lives made Naruto what it was...

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-30-2008, 11:15 AM
The problem wasn't the first person accounts. The problem was the constant, drilling, and shoving down our throats of certain ideas (power of friendship, loneliness, vengence, love, etc.) via those first person narratives. If they did it say, once for each character who merited it, and then SPARINGLY used it later on to lend some importance to certain events, that would be fine. Problem is, everytime someone went "Omg, my mom's a bit late to pick me up", Naruto went "I know your pain. I too felt the HELL of being parentless, having NO one, and being UNWANTED. Let me hold you..." Naruto wasn't the only one guilty of this either, though he was the worst offender.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 12:00 PM
K so moving along, anyone thinks naruto will be able to use this b4 pain attacks? Even Jiraya didn't get it down completely... Is it possible he'll use the shadow clone method to train ?? After all the point of this training is to feel the nature energy around you so the method should be usable.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
If he doesn't use the shadow clone technique to train, they need to explain why it's not suited for that particular skill. Otherwise, I don't see why he wouldn't use it (other than the usual manga writer having second thoughts about whether he should've given Naruto that power up or not, making for more inconsistancies in the character). I would imagine, at the end of the training, that it would be useable. Hopefully, the end of the training is after the end of Konoha.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
actually, if he wants, Naruto can probably sprout out some crazy-frog-berserker clones (who have been uberly power-upped by nature magic) to fight Payne (or stall him for a few hours).
we all know that crazy Naruto can actually fight.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Even though Papa frog has the magic stick Naruto should be able to bypass the risk of turning into a frog by just letting his clones bathe in the magic oil instead of doing it himself. It wouldn't make much sense if a clone starting to turn into a frog affected the original, though I wouldn't put it past Kishi at this point.

Abdula
Wed, 07-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't think his clone training is going to apply here though. His body has to get used to the nature energy so I don't think he can use clones for that, when he was training with Kakashi the benefit he was getting from using the clones was experience, its all mental. What happens to the clones physically isn't going to affect Naruto. Plus I'm not even sure clones can use that technique I mean they are just clones after all, I doubt they can absorb outside energy.

Anyway thats just the way I hope things go because I don't want to see anymore BS shadow clone nonsense but Kishi will do whatever he wants.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Well the purpose of the training is to make naruto able to feel nature energy so it's not like it requires actual physical training so Kishi may drop the shadow clone bomb on us if he wants to.

As for shadow clones turning into frogs... u the hell knows, shadow clones turning into the ninetails was pretty fucking retarded too so...

Garhert
Wed, 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Naruto has to learn now how and where he can let the nature energy into his Body and let it out. So it is some kind of experience or not? If he can learn how to use wind-element with his clones he should be able to do the same with nature energy.

And the power from Kyuubi is a "second source of chakra" which clones can use too. So why shouldn't the clones be able to use a "third source of chakra"?

Abdula
Wed, 07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Because they are clones, they don't have the freaking Kyuubi sealed inside them. They are nothing but a copy of Naruto in whatever condition he is in when he uses the jutsu. If he wasn't already using Kyuubi before he made the clones then the clones shouldn't be able to go Kyuubi, at all.

I can't remember any instance of a clone going Kyuubi though.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Remeber the wind training? One time they said "another one is going kyuubi", so either that was bad translation or a clone can also go nine tails

Abdula
Wed, 07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
As far as I remember it was the real Naruto that went Kyuubi, I think. I can't be bothered to check.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 09:03 PM
here (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/329/) and here (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/329/03/)

U can see it go puff after yamato purifies it

Abdula
Wed, 07-30-2008, 09:07 PM
That doesn't make one bit of sense. Now that you've mentioned it I also remember something similar happening when Naruto fought Deidara. Naruto starting transforming and all he clones starting complaining of heart burn.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Anyway thats just the way I hope things go because I don't want to see anymore BS shadow clone nonsense but Kishi will do whatever he wants.

Read above Abdula, this doesn't have to make sense unless kishi wants to

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
exactly it's a manga which means nothing has to make sense. if he doesn't use the clones then there is no way he can complete this training before pain attacks konoha, especially if jiraya couldn't master the tech.

On another note wtf happened to the scroll with narutos key, they just completely threw that out the window. I was expecting some training dealing with that since jiraya said the 4th left that behind so naruto could learn the powerful tech the 4th did not complete. so if they bring that out at some point expect another power up.

Abdula
Wed, 07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, Kishi is playing that down for the moment which is to be expected. We will most likely hear about that again later when they get around to Madara.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 10:47 PM
I just hope to god that the unknown jutsu isn't another rasengan...

Garhert
Thu, 07-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Isn't the tech that space-time-jutsu which kakashi mentioned when they fought against Madara?