PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Naruto being the Destined Child?

poopdeville
Mon, 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Did anyone else notice that if Naruto is the destined child (like Jiraiya said he was), he will have to be a revolutionary? If this prophecy is true, Pein, Madara, and Sasuke are going to have to win against Konoha, so that Naruto can fulfill his role as leader of a revolution.

Pein is already moving to Konoha.

I mean, Jiraiya probably realized that there was nobody in Konoha and few in the world who could stop Pein if he couldn't. I would estimate that Jiraiya was strong enough to take on any member of Akatsuki except Pein and Madara. He was the last of the "truly strong" good guy Konoha ninjas. Kakashi is strong enough to take on very dangerous people, but is weak compared to Jiraiya.

So Pein, Madara, and Sasuke take over the world. Meanwhile, Naruto is training at Mount Myouboku, learning the ways of the Sage.

And also, Naruto still "has" the technique (Magnekyou Sharingan) Itachi "gave" him to use against Sasuke. My guess is that Itachi thought the same as Jiraiya about Pein, and the other two -- nobody could take them, but hoped Naruto could appeal to Sasuke, or kill Sasuke with his help.

Thoughts?

Made the title a bit longer so that it won't show up on the main forum page where the anime-only viewers can see it.

-NM

Edit: Sorry NM, I didn't think about that. Thank you for fixing it for me.

Rikudo
Tue, 07-22-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm seeing Konoha will suffer the greatest loss in the series so far in the hands of Pein. Probably even killing Tsunade in the process. Kakashi will take the difficult task as the next Hokage but he will be active in combat as the same time.

As far as Sasuke, he probably reach his limit with his ninjutsu skills having attain the mangekyou.

The frog sage will not let Naruto join the battle until they think he's good enough to survive a battle against Pein or anybody.

In summary, a lot of Konoha ninja will perish. And in turn, will make the surviving ones stronger.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 07-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Now, you know what? THIS would redeem a LOT of shit gone wrong with the series. I really don't see Naruto getting super strong in the time it'll take for Pein to get to Konoha and look for the nine tails. Since Naruto won't even be there, he'll turn the village upside down. People BETTER die, and Naruto BETTER come back to be met with ruins. And, they'd better use this opportunity to darken up Naruto's character.

Uberbaka
Tue, 07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
"He is believed to be the "Chosen One" foretold by Jedi prophecy to bring balance to the Force. The Jedi Council, led by Yoda[frogs], sense that his future is clouded with fear..."

"after Qui-Yiraya-Gon is killed by the Sith Lord Darth Pein his training is passed on."

Hahah, sorry. Carry on.

Abdula
Tue, 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Did anyone else notice that if Naruto is the destined child (like Jiraiya said he was), he will have to be a revolutionary? If this prophecy is true, Pein, Madara, and Sasuke are going to have to win against Konoha, so that Naruto can fulfill his role as leader of a revolution.
Yeah yeah, its not such a big deal and revolution doesn't mean Naruto is going to be overthrowing the world government. Since this destined child thing was mentioned it was obvious that it was Naruto and they have been hinting at him having some great destiny to fulfill since the beginning of the series. Just think about it, him having the Kyuubi, constantly comparing him to Minato, him being Minato's son, this mysterious power of his everyone keeps talking about(power of friendship nonsense). Heck when Tsunade first met him she said if he ever became hokage he would change the world and that is why she choose to become the hokage in the first place. Hell old lady Chiyo said the exact same thing about Naruto, some nonsense about how the world will change when someone like him becomes hokage.

Personally I hate it, I never really like when writers pull this destiny crap, its just a plot device to protect their protagonists and justify them being stronger than other people or defeating other people who should clearly be stronger than them, and Kishi has enough of those already. This new one doesn't change anything, if anything it will only make things worse.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Well of course he is the destined one, he is the main character!

And personally I think that Yamato has a better chance of being the next Hokage over Kakashi...

Assertn
Tue, 07-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Well, Tsunade's death is going to be Sakura's inspiration, not Naruto's. If Tsunade dies, it will be for Sakura to develop as a character. Naruto's peak is with Jiraiya's death (unless Kakashi or Iruka dies).

Not saying that Tsunade won't die while Naruto is away, but if she does, it won't be to fuel Naruto's fire.

Archangel
Tue, 07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah Sasuke lost his brother, naruto lost his "grandpa" so next it's Sakura's turn to loose someone, and the sannins are going down lately so Tsunade is the obvious choice

As for being the destined child, you think it has anything to do with that (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-370/page010.html)jutsu?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-22-2008, 07:28 PM
if it means that we'll see less of the village people and more of the outside world, I wouldn't care if Nartuo was reported to be illegitimate child of bigfoot and Mozilla.

I don't think Payne will destroy the village, it doesn't seem to be his style. He'll come by, take an uber-psy-link view of the village, and say that Naruto isn't here, so there's nothing left to do. and then someone will attack him, maybe Iruka, die fast, but we'll find out he was checking thier theory about Payne's secret weakness.

Somehow, Naruto's revenge against Payne is pretty dull.. it wasn't a massacare\ slaughter\ attack on the american way of life. Jiraya and Payne fought, Jiriya lost, sh!t happens.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
And personally I think that Yamato has a better chance of being the next Hokage over Kakashi...

So the guy who calls Kakashi senpai would make a better Hokage than him? I don't think Yamato is on the level of the Fourth just yet.

Idealistic
Tue, 07-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Somehow, Naruto's revenge against Payne is pretty dull.. it wasn't a massacare\ slaughter\ attack on the american way of life. Jiraya and Payne fought, Jiriya lost, sh!t happens.

Sooo if someone close to you fought someone and died, you wouldn't really care because it wasn't a massacre/slaughter?

Rikudo
Tue, 07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't think Payne will destroy the village, it doesn't seem to be his style. He'll come by, take an uber-psy-link view of the village, and say that Naruto isn't here, so there's nothing left to do. and then someone will attack him, maybe Iruka, die fast, but we'll find out he was checking thier theory about Payne's secret weakness.

I think that exactly what's Payne's style is. Didn't it said in the old chapter where Payne would destroy not only his enemy but the whole enemy's bloodline. Probably so no one will come after him for revenge. IMHO, I think Payne is a real pussy.

Archangel
Tue, 07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
So the guy who calls Kakashi senpai would make a better Hokage than him? I don't think Yamato is on the level of the Fourth just yet.

i don't think he meant he was more powerful than kakashi but that yamato does seem to have a more hokage-like personality. Not only is he more responsible, he isn't late every single time lol

poopdeville
Wed, 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah yeah, its not such a big deal and revolution doesn't mean Naruto is going to be overthrowing the world government.

Konoha's strongest fighter is dead, and 3-9 godly strong fighters are on their way to Konoha, now or soon. Konoha is toast. Pein, Sasuke, and Madara are going to do what Orochimaru failed to do -- they are rising to power. This much is true: Konoha will be destroyed, soon. This is one of Madara's stated goals. This is one of Pein's stated goals. And we know it because of the prophecy. The destined child's revolution will either bring peace to the world, or destroy it.

I kind of want to watch Berserk now.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 07-23-2008, 09:26 PM

If I am not mistaken, Yamato is a "clone" of the first, so who better to take on the legacy than him? And I think that he calls Kakashi senpai out of respect of the fact that he is older(I am assuming). And let's face it, Kakashi wouldnt be Hokage, he doesnt have that much ambition.

Abdula
Thu, 07-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Sooo if someone close to you fought someone and died, you wouldn't really care because it wasn't a massacre/slaughter?
Well if that person was maybe attacked without provocation or something like that but that wasn't the case with Jiraiya, from Pain's perspective Jiraiya snuck into his village, and took hostages/prisoners, then they had a battle and like he said Jiraiya lost. If circumstances were reversed I doubt anyone would object to say Tsunade killing someone who attacked the village. Plus they are ninjas, this isn't Naruto and his little friends having a play battle these are real ninjas when they fight someone is supposed to die.

I think that exactly what's Payne's style is. Didn't it said in the old chapter where Payne would destroy not only his enemy but the whole enemy's bloodline. Probably so no one will come after him for revenge.
Uh I think it was just to demonstrate his power and let everyone know who the boss/god is. It wasn't to prevent people from trying to seek revenge because actions like that will only draw more attention to him, besides I doubt he would care about people seeking revenge. They did say that a few of that Hanzo's followers who survived try to sneak into the village and take him out from time to time, he doesn't seem to care.

Idealistic
Thu, 07-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Well if that person was maybe attacked without provocation or something like that but that wasn't the case with Jiraiya, from Pain's perspective Jiraiya snuck into his village, and took hostages/prisoners, then they had a battle and like he said Jiraiya lost. If circumstances were reversed I doubt anyone would object to say Tsunade killing someone who attacked the village. Plus they are ninjas, this isn't Naruto and his little friends having a play battle these are real ninjas when they fight someone is supposed to die.

Whether my best friend snuck into a village or not, if he dies, I'd be just as mad as if someone assassinated him.

Of course, the reason for revenge would be dumb, but i'd still be mad.

Abdula
Thu, 07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I understand, I certainly could understand Naruto being upset and angry but saying you want to avenge someone who basically brought his fate on himself is kinda dumb. If Pain attacked the village and killed Tsunade then I could certainly understand the desire to avenge her but Jiraiya left the village knowing he was going to die and snuck into another village, where he was killed. He went on a mission and he died on that mission its as simple as that to me.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Revenge is never logical. In fact, it is illogical by nature.

That does not mean I do not approve of it in certain cases though.

Abdula
Thu, 07-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Um, so do you approve of it in this case?