PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 507

Death13a
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM
One Piece 507 by Basement Scans
(http://www.mangashare.com/dl/One-Piece_507/2964/)

Next time name the thread as "One Piece Chapter XXX"

Assertn
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Haha...great chapter. This setup reminds me of that old home alone game I played for the NES, where you have to run around the house and hide from the enemy until the time limit expires.

I'm curious to see what Bege can do. He never struck me as any sort of fighter.

...actually....I suppose this setup isn't too much different from Enel's game....

Abdula
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:45 PM
When Naruto and Bleach are disappointments, One Piece never fails.
Alot of stuff going on though and Kizaru is yet another strange one.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm kind of dissapointed from roger.. we all thought that he was such a badass to read the stones, but it turns out he was some sort of psychic druid with telehearing... a let down.
I suppose that the "I don't want you to tell us!" speech was invetable. it just feels like something for the first 100 chapters, doesn't really fit.

brooke's comment was great as usual.
whoever said the jewel girl could control her age (a few chapters ago) was right, well done.

the part where Zoro goes to groove 1 by mistake can still happen, so maybe there'll be a "save zoro" mini-arc...

Assertn
Fri, 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM
whoever said the jewel girl could control her age (a few chapters ago) was right, well done.::bows::

It's better this way, that Roger couldn't read the ponyglyph. It's just another example of how much Roger's reputation preceded him. From the mouth of another person who knew him first hand, Roger seems less like the omnipotent, omniscient being that legends portrayed him as. He lost to a disease!

Thinking back....this arc really is more intense than i realized...imagine telling someone who watches the anime that the strawhats + Hachi end up on an island with....
- 9 other six-figure pirate rookies
- Bartholomew Kuma
- Vice-Admiral Garp
- Admiral Kizaru
- and the motherfucking first mate of Gol D. Roger

joker-kun
Fri, 07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Who do you think it was that Luffy saw at the end? At first I thought Garp but the way Luffy spoke to him it doesn't seem right. Maybe Dragon? (Unlikely I know but I can still wish...)

docdan63
Fri, 07-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Who do you think it was that Luffy saw at the end? At first I thought Garp but the way Luffy spoke to him it doesn't seem right. Maybe Dragon? (Unlikely I know but I can still wish...)

Dragon would be a good guess in my opinion. Most of the people that would see Luffy personally would be (at least at this point) very very powerful. On top of that, anyone showing up in front of him purposely like that, currently in the series, would also be very surprising and a good chance, new to us readers, and extremely powerful in some way. I also seem to think that it's a good guy. I don't think Oda has anymore bad guy good fights planned. And if he does, it's going to be a good guy to help Luffy and balance it out. I'd be very surprised if it was a bad guy to take the SH crew out.

On a side note. Kizaru is a logia user. Oda made that known very quickly and in the easiest way with the pirate shooting him in the head and it not having any affect on him, also smoking out the back of his head. And future prediction, I think Akainu (the last admiral) is also a logia user. It only makes obvious sense that Oda is going down that path.

Assertn
Fri, 07-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Man, I dunno....
I kinda hope it's not some significantly powerful ally, cause I'm looking forward to seeing the strawhats scatter all over the archipelago and interact with all of the various different threats while simultaneously dodging the admiral....and that probably won't happen if an ally capable of hiding them or defeating the admiral shows up.

Carnage
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like this story could go on forever (not necessarily a bad thing ;) )

Assertn
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Definitely can't go on forever. Each arc manages to keep itself fresh cause there's always a clear progression to an even clearer conclusion in the story. The least-liked arc seems to be Skypeia, most likely because nothing progressed...neither the introduction/defeat/alliance of major characters, nor the change in the strawhats' bounties.

Oda's going to have his work cut out for him to top this arc.

docdan63
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Man, I dunno....
I kinda hope it's not some significantly powerful ally, cause I'm looking forward to seeing the strawhats scatter all over the archipelago and interact with all of the various different threats while simultaneously dodging the admiral....and that probably won't happen if an ally capable of hiding them or defeating the admiral shows up.

I'm still going to stick to my guns and say that all the admirals are master logia users with plenty of marines to back them up, if they need anything to help them at all. The kick he used was miss leading as to what kind of logia he could be. Because he blew the mangrove down, I'm guessing it isn't something stupid like gasparades candy candy fruit form the fillers. And probably something really powerful. I mean he's an admiral, Oda wouldn't fuck this up. He didn't with Aokiji's, he shouldn't now with Kizaru's.

Personally, I think it's the wind wind fruit. Or air air or whatever Oda wants to call it. That would explain the power of the kick blowing down the tree. And why the bullet passed through him when the pirate shot him. The explosion from the kick however makes me think it could possibly be another type of logia.

About the SH situation. Yeah I know how you feel Assert, but everyone should consider these few things.

1. Oda has a way of always splitting the SH crew up when trouble begins to brew and power houses show up. He did in Thriller bark, Skypeia and other arcs as well.

2. He already prepard it so that Zoro would be leaving. He planted it as a comment earlier in this chapter while they were talking about here here (http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000066782/10.jpg)

3. It would be way to boring to fill 3 days by seeing a bunch of dead rookies, and Kizarus back walking away saying job finished to the fleet admiral into his wrist phone.

4. I don't know about you guys, but in the OP world 3 days is a long time in terms of time. And we all know that means that Oda will take that opportunity to be creative with the next few chapters.

5. He wouldn't write in some of the most powerful characters, a huge marine incident, tons of strong rookies, Rayleigh, add three days, put them next to the marines and the last stop before the 2nd half, and the most dangerous up coming parts in the series and then end it with Rayleigh and the lady from the bar saying good bye to them after coating they're ship.

Note: I think Silvers saying that he needed to go to a special place to have him do the job right, is important to the story. And the lady from the bar giving him a biblicard for Luffy's life, was even more important to the story.

White scenario: I'm agreeing that something huge will happen and the SH's will break up. However, I am saying that guy they saw is a good guy because Oda has too many bad guys and rivals around the grove and IMO, putting in a strong guy that can help them through certain areas and situations, would be good for the story.

Black scenario: However, there is also another situation that I think could happen here. Putting in a bad guy, could also be good for the story, and might actually work as well. Since Rayeigh already left, and the SH's are already on their own, they're kind of at the mercy of Odas writing ability here. Which is fine. But think we can't judge anything right now. Not by the guys pant or shoe. Or Luffy's expression because Luffy doesn't know anyone in the entire series by reputation of otherwise. He doesn't even know Shanks is a Yonkou or what that is when Garp told him. Which is and awesome writing tool Oda uses as Luffy's trait btw. Anyway. If it's a bad guy, Oda started the "exciting shit happening" part of OP early in this arc and the SH's are in for a huge fight. Because we all know if he/she is a bad guy, then he's not going to be weak.

It'll be interesting to see what will happen. But every chapter after this, is going to be better and better and better from Odas mind that much is true. And we haven't even gotten to the NW or WB battle.

By the way the guy could very well be Kizaru's subordinate.

ps side note: Am I the only one who thinks Bonney has the most useful, cool and just plain most creative paramecia fruit Oda has ever come up with or what?! Her fruit is fucking bad ass. I guess we know how she can eat and eat and nothing on her changes huh? The fruit probably keeps her like shes 20 for the rest of her life no matter what happens or how mush time passes.

God bless Oda

grrbrr
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Im guessing luffy and crew has run into kizaru subordinate, sentourmaru.

man gotta love kizarus lips... cracks me up.

Assertn
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Note: I think Silvers saying that he needed to go to a special place to have him do the job right, is important to the story. And the lady from the bar giving him a biblicard for Luffy's life, was even more important to the story.
Eh? No, the biblicard isn't Luffy's...it's Silvers. Making your own biblicard is an elaborate process that involves fingernails or something? I dunno, but she wouldn't just randomly have Luffy's biblicard.

Abyors
Sun, 07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
I am beginning to think that the 3 Admirals' powers are all related to their name. Specifically to the color part. For example, Aokiji has the power of ice/frost and his name translated is Blue Pheasant. Kizaru or Yellow Monkey, if the speculation is right, has the power of air. I'm relating Yellow to air because I was watching Avatar and yellow represents air. Well I could be wrong here. So if these speculations are on the dot and we assume that all Admirals are logia fruit users, the I would say Akainu or Red Dog would probably have the power of Fire. Of course we already have Ace but who knows? Anyway it's just a crazy theory. It's Oda, the master. Anything can happen with him.

docdan63
Mon, 07-21-2008, 12:51 AM
I am beginning to think that the 3 Admirals' powers are all related to their name. Specifically to the color part. For example, Aokiji has the power of ice/frost and his name translated is Blue Pheasant. Kizaru or Yellow Monkey, if the speculation is right, has the power of air. I'm relating Yellow to air because I was watching Avatar and yellow represents air. Well I could be wrong here. So if these speculations are on the dot and we assume that all Admirals are logia fruit users, the I would say Akainu or Red Dog would probably have the power of Fire. Of course we already have Ace but who knows? Anyway it's just a crazy theory. It's Oda, the master. Anything can happen with him.

I totally agree with you on this one. I also think, that Oda is giving his answers away (in a subtle way obviously that only a few of us can figure out) but he's just giving them away. Only some us have the ability to actually think (take the bait) that they're colors have something to do with it. I also think think that Akainu has a red logia elemental based fruit. I'm going to take a while shot in the dark and say lava or some type of heated ash. Also just a theory but, I'm going to stick to it and say that all of them are indeed logia users.

Munsu
Mon, 07-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I totally agree with you on this one. I also think, that Oda is giving his answers away (in a subtle way obviously that only a few of us can figure out) but he's just giving them away. Only some us have the ability to actually think (take the bait) that they're colors have something to do with it. I also think think that Akainu has a red logia elemental based fruit. I'm going to take a while shot in the dark and say lava or some type of heated ash. Also just a theory but, I'm going to stick to it and say that all of them are indeed logia users.
Wow, you're so full of yourself... that theory has been explored countless times before, years even by numerous people.

docdan63
Mon, 07-21-2008, 02:44 AM
Wow, you're so full of yourself... that theory has been explored countless times before, years even by numerous people.

And you're point would be what? That I'm more confident to post about and talk about it on a forum built to do so, in a thread created for it than other people are? I don't care. It's a fun topic and you know it. Everyone knows it. And it's something that until revealed, can be talked about over and over. And when revealed,can be discussed even more so.

That explosion still bugs the crap out of me though. If he's just air, then there would have to be something special that was used to blow the tree out of it's root.

Munsu
Mon, 07-21-2008, 04:41 AM
And you're point would be what?

That you're nothing special like you're claiming to be... it was quite a ridiculous post.