PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 409

Marik
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Online Viewable - http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/409/ - SleepyFans

Downloadable - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=434XWU0Q (MU) or http://rapidshare.com/files/130543339/409.zip (RS) - SleepyFans

Online Viewable - http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-409/page001.html - Binktopia

Direct Download - http://dl01.mangashare.com/downloads/Naruto_409%5BBinktopia%5D.zip - Binktopia

BELIEVE IT!

Psyke
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Thankfully it didn't really take a month just to start Naruto's training. And they'd better not skip the battle with Mr. Host.

Marik
Thu, 07-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Indeed. Hopefully his fight versus Team Hawk, will be longer than the fight the two tailed woman had. She was beaten rather quickly by Hidan and Kakuzu.

Yukimura
Thu, 07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Awesome! Naruto new (though previously seen in several other anime), unrelated to any previous skill revealed in the show, powerup #7432 is...... the Spirit Bomb. At least Kishi worked in the toad contract in so it's not completely random, but still....Spirit Bomb, is that the best he can do? Something I actually thought was good though was the revelation that grown up Gamakichi actually speaks Naruto. That could be a hint that Naruto might actually start to use him as his summon at some point.

I can't wait till Naruto learns to mx natural energy into his chakra so he can create the Natural Rasengan (AKA Spinning Spirit Bomb)

Abdula
Thu, 07-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes Kishi is progressively getting less and less original, I guess that's only natural when you've been doing one manga for this long but still. Anyway it looks things are going to play out pretty much like this, Naruto who already has more chakra than God is going to get yet another supply of energy, as if Kyuubi hax wasn't enough already. Pain is going to go to Konoha and kill a bunch of people for no reason and Sasuke is going to own Mr Host. Really Mr Host, Mr Eight-tailed Beast, is that a bad translation or is that really the best Kishi could come up with.

Oh well Pain killing some Leaf ninjas should be interesting. At least now we know why Rasengan was so easy for Jiraiya and why he could pull off "Ultimate Rasegan." I'm really not looking forward to this if its just going to be another Naruto power up and not him actually learning to fight better. He just learned a new rasengan which he hasn't even perfected yet and used in only one battle not to mention that right before that he used another new rasengan in only one battle and already it looks like he is going to get another one. Lemme count, Rasengan, Kyuubi rasengan, Oodama rasengan, Fuuton rasengan, yeah there's room for one more variation of the same move, five is a nice stable number:(

"You have to die." Haven't we heard that one before.

Rikudo
Thu, 07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing the moment Fukasaku mention the "energy within your surrounding" -- DBZ spirit bomb. Oh well, at least it looks like Naruto will actually turn into a decent fighter.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:29 AM
at least this one technique that Madare doesn't have and can't copy.
though Payne might know about it.

toonice714
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Hachibi jinchuriki is not amused by silly uchiha crybabies!! Well at least we know naruto will have to learn a speedy ninjutsu to get back to the village. Since he and Jiraya were the only known people to have contracts with gammabunta no one can summon him back. Enter the Fourths instant transmission jutsu!!!!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:45 AM
speaking of which, now Naruto has super speed through Kyuubi chackra, and super strength from king-kai's training, he's perfect for taijutsu...
but that'll never happen.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:46 AM
I guess I liked the scenery for the mountain. Everything else...

This is seriously getting boring. I'm gonna stop reading for a while and come back when there's a goodly amount of chapters for me to take in.

February
Fri, 07-18-2008, 02:26 AM
I think there is much more potential than what we speculate at this point about Naruto's new training. I think this external energy training is one of a series of training that will teach Naruto how to go into hermit mode. Yes hermit mode possibly. Although I can't imagine how Naruto will end up looking like when that happens

I also noticed that there were 2 names before Jiraiya who also signed the froggy contract. Maybe another hermit-master trained Jiraiya? But I thought it was the 3rd who trained him. Maybe the 3rd was just another Kakashi-type of figure to Naruto as he was to Jiraiya. Gives moral support, but barely teaches him crap

Assertn
Fri, 07-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Really Mr Host, Mr Eight-tailed Beast, is that a bad translation or is that really the best Kishi could come up with.

The literal phrase was "8 tails-sama" and "jinchurriki-sama"....and it was meant to be in relation to Sasuke.

I don't like the way either group translated it, either.

johntmh
Fri, 07-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Overall the chapter is fine. I seriously think Naruto should stop being spoiled or stupid all the time. He doesn’t have the time to be fool at this moment. Among all the ninjas, Naruto is the only one that’s unreliable without the Kyuubi’s power. It is sad to know that main character didn’t develop or matured after more than 2 years training with Jiraiya. I think it’s inappropriate for Naruto to act like that since he just knew about the death of Jiraiya.

This chapter did explain about the Sage technique that we all didn’t really focus on. We thought the Sage technique is just another ninjutsu or some kind of technique using chakra but it’s not. Apart of that, we do hope that Sage technique is much more powerful than what we have known so far. Naruto needs to surpass Jiraiya and become worthy and strong ninja, otherwise this story will still drag on and the training will become meaningless.

Basically, the secret of the code that passed down by Jiraiya is still left unknown. We do know the code is related to the chapter of the books he wrote so far. Kakashi, who is the fan of the books know more about the story in the book will then take little responsibility to help to decode the code.

The battle between the Sasuke and the 8-tail Jinchuuriki will start in the chapter. No question, this is will be Sasuke’s victory, not because the Jinchuuriki is weak but Kishi has planned to make Sasuke into such a powerful ninja, so it’s obvious what he wants.

Looks like Paine hasn’t really attack Konoha yet, even if he did, Naruto is not in the village. From what he mentioned about his goal is the nine-tailed beast and has no intention to destroy the Konoha. However, since he won’t be able to find Naruto, I think a battle between Konoha and Paine will probably happen.

Summary:

Don’t you think Kishi has made Sasuke too powerful opponent in such a short period?

Naruto will have more technique, one from Sage and the other one from Itachi, although we still not sure what is it.

The battle between Paine and Konoha won’t happen in next chapter but the battle between the 8-tailed beast and Sasuke will.

The secret about the code still left unknown but at least there are clues to it.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-18-2008, 06:40 AM
a new question arises...

what about Tsuande's and Sakura's uber strength?
does it also come from Hermitpowers?

we know Tsunade was super strong even as a child, but now Sakura has the same kind of strength...
it can be hermit powers, and then it just means that Naruto is falling behind again (and if Sakura and Naruto know it, so does Orochimaru..).
also, it can also up alot of bullshit, since only sagejutsu users can feel sage energy, then now there can be a new group of ninjas, who have been hiding their true powers, and only sages can feel them...

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Tsunade and Sakura's super strength come from concentrating chakra in the fist or something. That was actually explained. Call it a taijutsu technique.

As for this training, for a LONG time now, I've actually been imagining that the way Naruto ought to get more powerful, is by using the chakra of the environment. The chakra leaking from trees, animals, plants, even bacteria if they have it. And I thought...nah, NEVAH gonna happen...I'm so glad this happened xD.

How it's used though, at least for the time being, is different than what I imagined. I kind of figured he'd be able to "configure" the local chakra (the chakra in a small area centered around him, or a point near him) to different effects. Like, maybe he could cast one of Sasuke's fireball techniques, but when done in a certain configuration of the local chakra, the cast is actually delayed until he decides he wants it to execute. Or, the configuration could be used to enhance or hinder the effectiveness of techniques via power, speed, stability, or any other criterion that might be important for a technique. There could be other uses too. Man, that would kick so much ass! Since they came up with using energy from the environment, just thought I'd throw out the rest of my "vision" in case a close enough version of that is used for Naruto, so I can claim my 15 minutes of gotwoot fame xD.

Abdula
Fri, 07-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Awfully imaginative aren't you.

The literal phrase was "8 tails-sama" and "jinchurriki-sama"....and it was meant to be in relation to Sasuke.

I don't like the way either group translated it, either.
Yeah, they could have just left "8 tails-sama" everyone would have understood what it meant.

Naruto needs to surpass Jiraiya
If its anything like the way Naruto supposedly surpassed Minato then I'm not looking forward to it.

Uberbaka
Fri, 07-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Was it just me that thought star wars with little yoda like dude doing something nuts and then Naruto has to lift his X-wi... nevermind.

Yukimura
Fri, 07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Lol I didn't even think of that. Naruto's adoptive mentor was killed by his former student in an effort to gather information and protect Naruto, now Naruto is being trained by the adoptive mentor's mentor who is a tiny reptilian creature with super powers....

Who's to say in the coming chapters Naruto won't find out about Pain's attack on Konoha and rush back even though he's not finished with his training. Then when he gets there and discovers the knocked out Tsunade he'll fight Pain with his incomplete Sage skills and it will somehow be revealed that Pain is actually Naruto's father (okay his uncle to make it less ripped off and actually fit continuity). Then Pain will deliver the whoop ass to Naruto but he'll get saved by a Deus Ex Machina that causes Pain to leave (a time limit on using all those bodies perhaps) and that will be the end of Part 2....

*vomits*

Uberbaka
Fri, 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
As long as Naruto loses a hand I won't complain too much as he might actually be less annoying.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
If Naruto loses a hand then it won't be as bad when he uses Kage Bunshin to form the Rasengan.

But, someone is going to have to get frozen in a carbonite jutsu. Maybe that can be Kakashi's "big event."

chet_chetty
Fri, 07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
I feel like Naruto wont just get a powerup to his abilities but he'll also gain a new sense of focus. I notice the frog statues sitting in a meditation posture. Fukusama talks about sensing nature's energy and becoming one with the earth. And in terms of etymology I see senjutsu as being like a "zen jutsu". I dont see these as loose correlations and it would be logical that Naruto gains strengthened awareness a la yoga masters, shaolin monks, tai chi practioners, etc. That would be a cool way to go about things although the "you gotta die" line does worry me that Kishi will take the easy way out of giving Naruto his powerup.

Idealistic
Fri, 07-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage techniques? Like, why isn't this kind of shit introduced in ninja academy? Or heck, even the elemental chakra stuff?

Naruto is getting more random and more lame.

I'm gonig to take a wild guess, but he's going to be able to make some Kage Bunshins that don't poof in one hit.

And like.... Why didn't the frogs summon Jiraiya to safety.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Sage techniques? Like, why isn't this kind of shit introduced in ninja academy? Or heck, even the elemental chakra stuff?

Like, because you have to die first, duh. We can't have Iruka running around lopping off kids' heads now, can we?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM

Naruto is getting more random and more lame.

I'm gonig to take a wild guess, but he's going to be able to make some Kage Bunshins that don't poof in one hit.

We've already seen kage bunshins not poof in one hit. And you know what? If THIS makes that happen for Naruto, we can probably lay to rest the difference between the third's use of clones and Naruto's.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Oh well, at least it looks like Naruto will actually turn into a decent fighter.

xD

Nature energy... u have to die... this sounds so familiar to me...

Goku died in order to learn the spirit bomb too...

I wonder if Akira Toriyama is gonna sue Kishi for copyright infringement

Teki
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:48 AM
And like.... Why didn't the frogs summon Jiraiya to safety.

Maybe it's like an MMO where you can't log out while aggroed.:D

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Goku died in order to learn the spirit bomb too...
Not to mention Ichigo also had to die to become a Shinigami.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 07-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Naruto was ABOUT to die when he learned how to control the Kyuubi.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Mangakas are morbid...

Abdula
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:15 PM
No, just unoriginal.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM
let's get things straight here... who had to die for what?

naruto has to die to get sennin stuff.
sasuke had to die to get 2nd level curse seal (remember that?)
anyone else had to die in Naruto?

Bleach ---- I don't think it's spoilers, but be warned!------

Ichigo
Ishida

Shaman king - show is over, can't have spoilers.
Yoh.
Ryu
that other, stupid, pointless guy.

Yu Yu Hakusho.
Yusuke
Kurama and Hiei as well, if I recall corectly.

am I missing someone?

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Goku had to die so he could train to beat the invading sayans

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:49 PM
doesn't count.
Goku died, and only then started thinking about uber training. if he wouldn't have died, the saiyans wouldn't have known about the dragonballs, and everything (up until the RR android's) wouldn't have happened.

it wasn't a situation of "if you want to get stronger\the next level\cake you must die" thing.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Well it was a case of if u want to be stronger u can't be resurrected :p

Assertn
Sat, 07-19-2008, 03:50 PM
No, but Saiyans need to "almost" die to obtain the greatest power increases once they recover.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Lol yeah i almost forgot about that, maybe the lamest hero power up of all times, goku got like 8 times more powerful because of it and then he went super sayan, DAM!

That had to be the king of all hero power ups

Rikudo
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:16 AM
It's funny how the survival of Konoha lies in the hand of a frog. Literally!

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm wondering how Naruto is going to "die". If they mean literally then his Kyuubi powered regeneration might get in the way of that not to mention any possible effects on the seal if he actually does die.

Idealistic
Sun, 07-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Naruto will get a halo over his head... That's all.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 07-20-2008, 10:27 AM
I seriously wanna see how ridiculous his Rasengan is gonna be after this. I mean when he puts in the wind nature AND Sage chakra. Heck wouldn't that be like a freakin nuke considering his incomplete Wind Ragengan already made a huge explosion? O_o;

Tyreal
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I seriously wanna see how ridiculous his Rasengan is gonna be after this. I mean when he puts in the wind nature AND Sage chakra. Heck wouldn't that be like a freakin nuke considering his incomplete Wind Ragengan already made a huge explosion? O_o;

IF his Sage training results in anything to do with the Rasengan at all I'm hoping it just means that his Wind Rasengan is going to be perfected (i.e. No longer hurt him as well). Since supposedly that was an "Ultimate Technique" that even the fourth couldn't create, so if it gets any more powerful I'm going to loose what little respect I still have for this series.

docdan63
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I also agree that at this point, Sasuke and Naruto will call a temporary truce. Naruto and company need to get back to the village to deal with the Danzo situation and Sasuke will probably help because of his vengeance vendetta against the Danzo and the elders. Naruto will come and spark the revolution by getting Konoha to rise up against Danzo to overthrow him. I think this is what finally serves as the catalyst for war. The other countries will hear of Konoha’s divided and weakened state and all of them except for Konoha’s allies, the Sand, will attack. This is where I think Kabuchimaru makes his last stand. He will probably (taken completely over by Orochimaru’s essence) lead this attack as Orochimaru’s last attempt to destroy Konoha.

In the end of course, Naruto will come out on top. There will be heavy losses, but in the end, Tsunade after having been so severely weakened and Naruto being significantly stronger will name Naruto as her heir to Hokage status. Sakura would probably be in charge of paperwork though lol.

Abdula
Sun, 07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
First of all, what exactly is the Danzo situation?

docdan63
Sun, 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
First of all, what exactly is the Danzo situation?

Um, what?

1. him hating Tsunade and what her bloodline represents
2. forming ROOTS in general for reasons we don't even know yet
3. possibly placing himself as an elder to get who knows what (although we all know he's going to bust out his position against Tsunade soon)
4. having control of his own ninja organization

What this all adds up to yet it equal to predicting the white beard Shichibukai fight. IN other words I don't know. But Danzo is up to something. We all know Kishi is putting it on the back burner letting something boil until the right time like when Pein shows up or something with Tsunade happening to protect the village from the Akatsuki attack.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I'd like to see Danzo actually as a good guy. just not so sympathetic.
not every character with a bad attitude and an ugly (not pretty) has to be a villain. it's bad enough that they turned Kimimaru, Sai, Sasori and Itachi into sissy-fucks, we need some diversity in the story.

other than that (my personal preferences), making Danzo the source of all problem is a cowardly way out of the conflict. Itachi and Sasuke got where they are (were) because of the choices they made. Amending them should take more than beating someone like Danzo. Sasuke made his choice to ditch the leaf village, he should deal with what it means. Kishi shouldn't give him an easy way out.

Archangel
Sun, 07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
It does seem that in his own twisted way Danzo just wants what's best for the village

Splash!
Sun, 07-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Um, what?

He doesn't have hatred towards her bloodline. Tsunade is the descendant of the Senju just like Danzo.

If he hates Tsunade, its probably because she was a student of the 3rd and shares the same values as him.

Archangel
Sun, 07-20-2008, 04:06 PM
If it adds something to his arsenal besides the shadow clones and the rasengan i'll be a happy man

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 07-20-2008, 07:10 PM
I think that Naruto as a series just kinda makes 'leveling up' that much easier. Everytime they need a power up they just have to go and train for 15 minutes and all is well? I mean it is cool that the new Rasengan isnt quite complete, but really everything goes REALLY easy for them.

Awell I really do like seeing a new move...

Abdula
Sun, 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Um, what?

2. forming ROOTS in general for reasons we don't even know yet
3. possibly placing himself as an elder to get who knows what (although we all know he's going to bust out his position against Tsunade soon)
4. having control of his own ninja organization

What this all adds up to yet it equal to predicting the white beard Shichibukai fight. IN other words I don't know. But Danzo is up to something. We all know Kishi is putting it on the back burner letting something boil until the right time like when Pein shows up or something with Tsunade happening to protect the village from the Akatsuki attack.
1. He doesn't hate Tsunade , and he is Senju too just like she is. The only thing he resents about Tsunade is that she is too soft, just like the third was.
2. He didn't necessarily form roots. He was the leader of the entire anbu up until the Uchiha incident. Sometime after that control of the anbu was transferred to the hokage but Danzo's more loyal followers stayed with him and he formed root with them. So its not that he formed some secret ninja organization to take over the world. The anbu was his in the first place, sometime after the Uchiha incident the anbu was split into two groups, my guess is to better balance out the power.
3. Danzo didn't place himself as an elder, he was always there. The third and his two teammates together with Danzo ran the entire village, it seems. I don't think Danzo has anything against Tsuande, based on the mission he sent Sai on and what he ordered Itachi to do its obvious he just has the village's best interest in mind. He just has his own way of doing things.
4. see 2.

Yes Danzo is up to something he wants to keep the village safe, which it seems he has been doing from behind the scenes for a very long time. He doesn't like Tsunade because he thinks that like the third, she is too soft something I agree with. I don't think he has any malicious intentions. He may think that the village would be better off if he was in control but he is definitely a good guy.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I think that Naruto as a series just kinda makes 'leveling up' that much easier. Everytime they need a power up they just have to go and train for 15 minutes and all is well? I mean it is cool that the new Rasengan isnt quite complete, but really everything goes REALLY easy for them.

Awell I really do like seeing a new move...

well, it's countered by a training session of three years that gave Naruto NOTHING.
and a lot of midway training that hadn't focused on any fundemental issues he has, and not to mention to layed back attitude that all of his mentors seemed to have ("oh, Naruto, by the way, you have an elemental affinity with wind, which wins over Sasuke lightning" "What, we have element rock-paper-scisores system?" "yes, haven't we told you?" "no, but where do the other non-elemntal jutsu fit in?" "uhmm, you don't need to know that right now") and the mysterious gaps in memory ("oh, Naruto, there's this trick i've been meanning to teach you for the past seven years, but never got the chance.. you can use the shadow clone to train more effectively" "Wow, Kakashi, that shit could have come useful all this time, when I was furiously striving to keep up with Sasuke").

simply enough, Naruto doesn't get to win enough against middle-weights, so he needs a serious plot twist to fight against a real enemy.

Abdula
Sun, 07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
That was a damn good post DBZ. Its amazing just how bad the writing in Naruto has been.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I want to know if the 4th's "Flash" jutsu had anything to do with Reverse Summoning...

Archangel
Mon, 07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Well they're both time/space manipulation jutsus...

other than that i got nothing