PDA

View Full Version : E3 2008

darkshadow
Mon, 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Well the MS pressconference has just ended, and it was really really strong IMO.
some of the big things ( for me ):
RE5 has online coop , friday march 2009 the 13th release date
The new dashboard
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/07/360avatars.JPG
Avatars ( kinda like mii's but with MUCH more interaction)
the Netflix partnership ( though it doesnt apply to me since im in EU )
LIPS, the cool thing about it i think, was that you can use any track you want on you portable media device, and load it into the game, thats just plain cool.

Then we had some other trivial stuff, but then came square enix.
Infinite undiscovery, 5th september release date, exclusive for 360
Star ocean, spring 2009 release, timed exclusive i think.
last remnant, worldwide 20th november release, also on games for windows later on.
and then the conference ends.......

NOT, the guy comes back, and tells the host he has one more movie to show us.......
FF13 ON XBOX 360, now this.... hit like a nuke.
http://media.coveritlive.com/media/image/200807/SMqok4hcEt_thumb_DSC02368.JPG

anyway awesome press conference so far, hope sony and nintendo have some awesome stuff too.

Oh and the 20gb 360 will be replaced with a 60gb one.

Abdula
Mon, 07-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Well I'm excited about the online coop in RE5, I really don't know why they didn't atleast put a coop mode in RE4. Oh and FF on the 360, maybe now I'll actually play it.

Don't really have an opinion on the avatars yet but what the hell, now they are replacing the 20gb 360s with 60gb.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
would you rather have them never replacing them? for the same price even.

Abdula
Mon, 07-14-2008, 06:40 PM
No but I would have liked if they had done it much earlier:)

animus
Mon, 07-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Especially for those of us that already have one and have to purchase a larger HD.

Koyuki
Mon, 07-14-2008, 09:23 PM
What's with the 60gb anyways? Better with 120gb. Then they don't need to make new hdds. And maybe upgrade pro to 200+gb? You can install games on the hdd soon.

Microsoft has really outdone themselves this time. The new dashboard + avatars will be great. And all the big games comming out this year :)

Can't wait for Sony and Nintendo. I'm pretty sure this year will be a better gaming year then last year.

NM
Mon, 07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Really looking forward to FF13, RE5, and Mirror's Edge so far. Shame that the PS3 lost one of their exclusives...but as long as I can play it, I guess I don't mind too much. :) RE5 Co-Op is also going to be awesome, glad Capcom decided to include it this time around.

Can't wait to see from Sony and Nintendo. This will be a good year for sure!

PhaseONE
Tue, 07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
not sure if someone already posted this picture.. its a funny pic but it also involves this topic kinda....

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070511

Either than that feel sorry for all the fan boys about FF13... you never know Sony might have an ace up their sleeves for tomorrow.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah, if Sony was willing to let their exculsive of FF13 go (although it may still be a timed exclusive, SquareEnix gave no release date on it) I can't wait to see what Sony has to offer. It's got to be something much bigger than the demo of Home if they don't want to get shown up by the guys who went first.

I'm glad I can get the chance to play FF13 now, but Fable 2 looks pretty good too. Molyneux seems to have actually lived up to the majority of his wild claims this time around.

I have no idea what Nintendo will bring.

animus
Tue, 07-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Besides the announcement of FF13 on 360, I'm very disappointed with Square Enix. These trailers are all the same CG stuff I saw a year ago.

Koyuki
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Dunno if you guys saw the new accessory to Nintendo, so here is a link (http://kotaku.com/5024907/nintendo-introduces-wii-motion-plus). With this thing they can make real 3D games. I think we can see some really cool games with it.

And about FF13 and pretty much all the games, I hate fanboyism. I just care about the games. I had PS2, GC and still have a Xbox. I want to play all the good games. Actually I'm leaning more too PS3 because of the media capabilities. I like that about my Xbox, but it's getting old and can't play h.264x encoded media. But to be honeset X360 has the best line up of games atm. I'm glad I got it, but there's going to be a PS3 right next to it :)

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Resident Evil 5 will be FINALLY launched this next February 13, 2009.

I'll get my PS3 then... I don't care about online cooperation... (no one near me plays survival horror or RPG... just damn shooters and getting an agreement to play with someone around the globe is a hassle with my schedule at work)

Oh, too bad Sony allowed FFXIII to go... I'll still play it on the PS3... so... Square... if you are obviously discarding exclusivities...how about Star Ocean 4 on PS3 as well?

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Well like i said in my first post... Star ocean 4 is prolly a timed exclusive, since wada didn't explicitly mention ( nor did the slide ) that it would be exclusive on 360

Koyuki
Tue, 07-15-2008, 09:45 AM
RyougaZell: You can always play with us Gotwooters ;)

I think Star Ocean 4 will come to PS3 if the sales are good.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-15-2008, 10:54 AM
While Gotwoot would definitely help me find someone to play with, I keep seeing people playing games I dislike or do not own (MGS, Smash Brothers, etc). So... apart from Resident Evil 5 I do not see what else could be played (although I should admit it would be cool).

Most RPG do not have this functionality (and those that have it are stupidly done... like Final Fantasy III on DS where you must email someone 5 times to get access to the damn secret dungeon... screw it).

Actually... I am more interested in old games (like the Shin Megami Tensei series Im trying to buy right now) than the new games (until Persona 4 arrives in December).

So at least, I myself will let another year pass before finally buying the PS3 this february. Even with SO4, FFXIII and RE5 also on Xbox... the console still doesn't appeal to me. It ain't bad... but its not for me.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Ok the Nintendo presser just finished, and even though it started out fairly boring, it was pretty cool.

some highlights:
WiiSpeak, finally some voice communication for wii online, really needed that
animal crossing: city folk, i'm not a big fan myself, but it did look like a lot of fun, and it will def sell like crazy.
Grand Theft Auto: China town wars, wow. ( for the DS)
wii sports: resorts, this seemed average, till the AWESOME sword fighting, damn that was great, taking great advantage of the Motionplus add-on (1:1 motion sensing, which is also packaged with the game).
Wii music, wow the accuracy of the drums was pretty awesome. Miyamoto was even playing a freaking saxophone.

So we had no major nintendo franchise announcements, i was really hoping a super smash DS myself, but hey E3 just started today, so i'm sure there is more to come in the next few days.

Next up are sony, ubi and capcom, but i sadly won't see the sony presser, hopefully they've got some god of war 3 announcement in store for us.

Oh and if you were wondering, the EA presser last night was boring as hell, thats why i didn't post anything about it.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll definitely get Wii Sports Resorts for that sword game alone...
Wii Music looked awesome, but not my kind of game.

Damn it... I won't be able to see Sony's Conference... that's my lunch hour and I'll be on my way home...

PhaseONE
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Sonys conference was great IMO.

PSP - Patapon 2 and resistance:contribution

PS3 - Price cut - $499 with a 80 Gig HD

- Full Movie and tv rental and download starting tonight on the PSN ( I heard him say funimation so i guess their releasing anime episodes also on the PSN)
- Live Tv and news at the end of the month
- Trophys will reward players ie. discounts.
- DC Universe (like city of heroes) looks horrible IMO
- Gran Turismo will have a in-game movie stream about cars like drift events, how things work etc.
-God of War 3 teaser trailer.. looked Awesome..
- MAG! Massive Action Game a Shooter (again) but.. its 256 players online with 8 squads, its like battlefield 2 meets COD4 whose friends with Resistance 2, looked good!!

Either than that they talked about everything we already knew about.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:40 PM
The 80GB PS3 is 400, not 499.
But it sucks anyways, since it won't have Backward compability.

And not really interesting in anything else that was announced. Microsoft pretty much won the E3 with FFXIII.

I'll still buy a PS3 though.

EDIT:
Hell yeah! Eternal Sonata PS3 is coming to America after all!!
-> http://rpgfan.com/news/2008/1280.html

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Well i didn't get to see it, but i read most of it, and so far i think its pretty mediocre.
I'll watch it later to see if the presser was good, but from what i've read there was a lot i already knew, and not much that was really awesome.

Even though the video rental stuff is cool, EU ppl will get screwed out of it again
360 has had video rentals since whenever so it just feels like a catch up race, nothing special, especially now since x360 has the netflix partnership.

AT LEAST they announced the thing i was hoping for, God of War 3, but being the trailer was CGI and it will be released next year, the announcement was pretty lukewarm.

And also, yeah MAG (http://www.mechag.com/) already exists, meh now ppl will associate it with that rediculous name they thought of.

Ubi presser up next, here is hoping on some sc: conviction, beyond good and evil and a REAL ray-man game.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Its disturbing I am more excited about an old game ALREADY RELEASED ON XBOX360 (Eternal Sonata) being finally announced for PS3 in English (first announcement said japan only) than all announced at Sony's conference...

Or maybe it isn't?

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM
not really, since its a freaking great game, i'm glad you will be able to play it now, with added content even *jealous* (since im not gonna buy it again for 65€ )

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Well the Ubisoft presser started off with some rayman raving rabbits wii stuff ( sigh)
Then finally some new Brothers in arms hell's highway, which looked really cool, but they changed some stuff about the setting, which made it seem a bit less dutch, which is a bit dissapointing.

Tom Clancy's End War was up next, showing the e3 trailer which was already released much earlier, so that wasn't really telling me much, or anything new. still looks very interesting though.

Next up was Far cry 2, cgi trailer *sigh*, did a great job at setting the mood of the game though, then finally some gameplay, but most of it was just explosions, looked pretty nice still.
Now some devs come on stage, and the awesome stuff starts, since he starts a live demo, now this was really cool, awesome day and night cycle triggered by sleeping in a friendly area, you set your watch to the time you want to wake up, lose camera control ( only time you do so in the game), watch the time change and wake back up.

There was also a really cool map system, he basically pulls out a map in real time accompanied with a compass. Overal the game looked really cool and is a completely free open 50km² area.

then came the necessary casual gaming trivial bs. Actually make that more like real stuff dolls bs.
after all the casual and girly and dolls crap they showed off some shaun white snowboarding, i haven't played a snowboarding game since 1080 snowboarding on the 64, but this looked really nice, you can walk around and such and the mountain they were boarding down was pretty huge.

Then the Prince of Persia E3 trailer, stylish stuff, all ingame, looked great.
But i was ofcourse waiting for the live demo, which looked just plain fantastic, the linearism is gone now, open world stuff. then the combat started against the hunter, and it was great, assassin's creed already did it right, but this was just much better, much faster, much more personal. Then some more platforming, which looked really smooth.

I also loved how the AI partner really did its job correctly all the time, and how they handled dying, when you "die" you AI girlpartner ( eleka or something), basically saves you and puts you back close to the spot you fucked up, this may seem weird, but it REALLY help keep the flow in the game, instead of frustrating continue screens, pressing start etc..

Next up was I Am Alive, new game by Jade Raymond, concept looked cool, but trailer was al cgi, basically something nasty happened, and now ppl are fighting amongst them selfs for water/food, to survive, prolly something bigger then that happening though.

This concluded the UBI presser, so no splinter cell or BG&E2 stuff, but what i did see with my right eye was a hands on with HAWX, and it actually looked really nice, it has a slick action cam feature for dog fights and dodging missles.
Also caught a glimpse of a Gears 2 hands on, where cliff explained and showed you can ride a Brumak, or reaver and plenty of other things.

Overall nice stuff shown, hope to see more stuff on the show floor ( cmon splinter cell!! )
Capcom presser in about an hour, wewt

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Capcom presser started late, meh.
Very formal atmosphere, all several key ppl sitting on stage, almost like an open mic Q&A or something.
http://media.coveritlive.com/media/image/200807/COmPJiDGvb_thumb_capcompressinafune.gif
they started off with talking about the lost planet movie, and how david hayter is writing the script for it. And how Snake.. err hayter was blown away by the game.
Then spoke some more about how they see the movie as a big franchise or something.

And that was basically it, seems the presser was just about the movie...meh.
Good thing i was watching a fallout 3 hands on aswell, which looks just fantastic.

Activision up next, won't see that one though, and konami tomorrow, prolly see lots of castlevania related stuff, maybe more MGO expansion info aswell.

Idealistic
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Well the Star Ocean series are more popular in Japan and considering the 360 isn't, it would be smart to also make it on the PS3. Sucks that Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean are both going on the 360 only as of right now though... Where's the PS3 RPG love? :( . Valkerie Chronicles looks really good though, not sure if they showed it at E3 or not.

All good though... Blu-Rays kickass and I got that MGS4!

animus
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Eternal Sonata on PS3 isn't a saving grace by far. To be honest I put like 10 hours into Eternal Sonata and I have to say that was a huge waste of time.

Idealistic
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Eternal Sonata on PS3 isn't a saving grace by far. To be honest I put like 10 hours into Eternal Sonata and I have to say that was a huge waste of time.

Well 6.8 rating on gamespot... I wouldn't have bothered.

About FFXIII though.... Is the main character the girl or the guy?

And I believe this video of SF4 was from E3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUHmTSJ7b-Q

It looks awesome, but god, please don't let this game be dubbed. Ryu's life depends on it.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Well the Star Ocean series are more popular in Japan and considering the 360 isn't, it would be smart to also make it on the PS3. Sucks that Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean are both going on the 360 only as of right now though... Where's the PS3 RPG love? :( . Valkerie Chronicles looks really good though, not sure if they showed it at E3 or not.

All good though... Blu-Rays kickass and I got that MGS4!

If one series if more whored out than Final Fantasy its the tales...

I really do not see why people care so much about Vesperia... I mean... look at the current line up in development...

Tales of Vesperia - Xbox360
Tales of Symphonia 2 - Wii
Tales of Radiant Mythology 2 - PSP
Tales of Innocence - DS
Tales of Hearts - DS
Secret Tales Project - PS3

No Tales game has been on two consoles (simultaneously). So... why is Vesperia that aclaimed? Because it is on the Xbox?

Animus:
It is not a saving grace. Personally I don't care about it trying to be one. I just wanted to play it, and now I can.

If I based my game decisions on reviews I would not have bought (and loved) all 7 .hack games.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:30 PM
About FFXIII though.... Is the main character the girl or the guy?

The main one should be the girl.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Personally i thought eternal sonata was really great, and it gets only better the more you progress through the game.

And on the dubbing.... c'mon capcom fighters have never ever been re-dubbed or whatever

Idealistic
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
No Tales game has been on two consoles (simultaneously). So... why is Vesperia that aclaimed? Because it is on the Xbox?

I just want some PS3 rpg love, but yes, because the Xbox pretty much rivals the PS3 in graphics compared to the other systems so it's like "why this system and not that one?"

And plus, sony has been known more for RPGs, but now things seem to be turning the other way.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
The xbox rivals the ps3 in gfx? i thought that console was dead since 2005 >_>

Anyway, its all about development costs and userbase, plus ofcourse the moneyhats at either console makers, though the ff13 announcement had little to do with money spend by MS, square enix is a business, with share holders and ff13 is costing a lot of money, it was only the rational thing to do, to expand outside of japan, where the userbase of the 360 is just so much bigger.

edit: small update on shaun white, i said the the mountain was pretty huge, well its 16km², and you can even start avalanches and race them, pretty awesome stuff.

edit2: just saw some postal 3 footage on 360, looked really really awesome and funny, didn't even know the game was this far in development, cool stuff.

animus
Tue, 07-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I think he meant 360 by Xbox, which is probably the general consensus when you say Xbox. The original console is pretty much a dead console now.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Good Lord. I just finished watching the segment from Nintendo's conference where Miyamoto played that Wii Music game.

I love Nintendo but that was hilariously awful. I've never been on an acid trip, but I imagine the part where the "band" played is what it's like.

NM
Wed, 07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm VERY impressed with the new Prince of Persia. The new art style, open ended levels, and the Elika partner mechanic all look great. Best part for me was at the end when the Prince defeated that Hunter and Elika drove out all the evil from the dungeon they were in and grass and flowers started blooming. I guess the art style made it seem really rewarding. But this one looks like it'll top the first PoP trilogy, can't wait to get this.

And another game I'm looking forward to (hoping...) is Sonic Unleashed. The trailer looked great. The only gripe I have with it is Sonic's werehog form. Why does Sega always have the need to do something with the Sonic formula? The last good Sonic game for me was Sonic Adventure 2 but the only fun levels were Sonic and Shadow's. The werehog form in Unleashed looks...too slow.

The Sonic levels look great though. I'm seriously praying that this will be the first good Sonic game in a very long time. Otherwise I think I'm seriously done with all the next-gen Sonic games from Sega...

darkshadow
Wed, 07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
About sonic unleashed, i actually really WELCOME the werehog , since the game looked too much like a rail runner to me, but the wherehog parts look like some sonic adventure platforming and combat action, which the game really needed IMO.

animus
Wed, 07-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I much prefer the Werehog version to the lame SSJ-rip super form.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Damn... Resident Evil 5 looks outstanding...
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/20001

EDIT:

Definitely not bashing the xbox360, but this edited image of what the gamecase would look for FFXIII made me lol...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/gmx360ffxiii20dvdgy1.jpg

darkshadow
Wed, 07-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Lol @ pic.

Anyway it seems ubi announced the new Naruto 360, Naruto: Broken Bonds.
The thing i really liked about RoaN was the adventure aspect, it was really nicely done, WAY better then what nartimate accel and accel 2 did for ps2, but the fighting was so freaking terrible so i really hope they improve upon it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6krMRPCJJw&feature=related

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Movement and graphically wise looks very good, but I disliked the faces, they looked awkward and the usage of 'sound effects' .

Carnage
Wed, 07-16-2008, 04:25 PM
The sonic game looks promising, and I don't know I've always loved the rail parts in Adventure 2.

Nintendo was sooooo disappointing.

NM
Wed, 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
About sonic unleashed, i actually really WELCOME the werehog , since the game looked too much like a rail runner to me, but the wherehog parts look like some sonic adventure platforming and combat action, which the game really needed IMO.

I'm willing to give all aspects of the game a chance since honestly I think Sonic Team is doing a great job so far. Mixing the old school Sonic side scroller with the rail running just looks like so much fun. And it looks like its going to be all Sonic, no Tails, Knuckles, or Amy, or anyone else.

But the Werehog parts feel too slow for my tastes. The platforming and combat wasn't that great in Sonic Adventure 2 with Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge (don't know why they picked rap music for Knuckles' levels >_>) which is probably why I was hoping Sega would avoid it all together and just give us the original Sonic formula we all knew and loved.

We'll see what happens. Right now, Sonic Unleashed is looking great overall.

darkshadow
Wed, 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I love the rail parts too, but thats not what i meant with rail runner, i mean that sonic moves by himself, and you just point him right and left and jump and such.

Anyway, Konami presser started off with the MGO GENE announcement and the MGO world tournament, seems they will seek out the best MGO players to compete against each other, sounds interesting.

Some rock revolution stuff next
Silent hill homecoming, and then a trailer by igarashi on castlevania Order of ecclasia on the ds god this looked great *drool*, i need this game, aside from shanoa ( the girl ) they showed 2 more chars, among which was a guy with a gun. Fall 2008 release.

Then it was time for castlevania judgement for the wii, started of with a trailer
Simon belmont, dracula, Alucard(!), maria.
This didn't really wow me, but it did seem really interesting, looked like a much deeper version of power stone 1, or better yet, it looked like naruto ultimate ninja storm, also Fall 2008, there will prolly be some connectivity between the 2 games.

Then he explained something about the story, but i wasn't paying attention ;o.
Live demo time, he explained the controls here, pretty straightforward wii controlls, press button + shake remote etc, and how you can use the enviroment to your advantage ( like items and NPC's like zombies ).

Silent hill homecoming trailer, starts of with some mysterious and cryptic stuff, before diving into the silent hill goodness, lots of freaky things.
Live demo time, started from the 5th mission in the game, showing off a quick inventory system and havok physics everywhere, now the stuff really started, the normal to silent hill world transition started, and this looked so awesome, since it was all realtime.
Then some dialog tree stuff, things you say determine the outcome, replayability blablabla.
After the cinematic, boss battle time, lots of nasty stuff.
Overall the game looked really good. This was the 360 version btw.

Then Rock Revolution, for the wii.
Started out with rocking out on stage, with real instruments......before moving on to the actual game, it seems the drumkit has 7 pads, the dev was pretty horrible at the game though rofl, while she was pretty good on the real bass, she actually made them loose the game lol.
Other than that not much more was explained about the game, cept that it has a 7 pad drumkit and (bass)guitar, didn't see any vocals.

Don't think it will beat GH or Rockband though.
Anyway that concluded the Konami presser, which was the last one, 1.5 days more left of E3, but we didn't see anything about stuff like Alan Wake even, meh.

edit: Just caught a x360 Star wars force unleashed hands on, though i already thought the game looked really interesting, but after seeing the hands on, i have to say the game looks fantastic, try to catch some show floor gameplay of it if you can.

edit2: caught another hands on with mercenaries 2, where they also showed off a nuke, looks amazing, can't wait to play it.
also Dead Rising... for the Wii, yes... seems it's just a port though, nothing announced yet about extra content. ( there was a rumor way back of capcom working on coop DLC for dead rising though... )

darkshadow
Wed, 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
i just had to share this, this was during the bionic commando hands on ( which looked awesome).
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9969/image5xf3.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6277/image6ts0.jpg

yes the claw worked >_>.

NM
Wed, 07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Bionic Commando is looking fantastic. Looks even better than Spider-Man Web of Shadows just based on the swinging through the levels and combat (though WoS is looking to be the best Spidey game in the franchise so far because of the air combat).

Most companies have a really solid line-up for this year. This holiday season is going to rock for sure.

Psyke
Thu, 07-17-2008, 01:39 AM
All the Spider-man games so far suck in combat, and its ridiculous to take so many combos and hits to take out normal thugs when you have super human strength. All I wish for is that they improve on the the free swinging and roaming environment. Just being able to do that is fun enough for me.

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Im really interested in that Bungie is at work with a new Halo!. I thought that halo 3 is the last serie of halo but that isnt true.
And i cant wait for Borderlands that game ooks awesome.

Abdula
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
There was alot of stuff this year and looks like my games library is going to get a much needed expansion this fall, hell I might even buy a PS3. Anyway I'm surprised no one has mentioned Deadly Creatures it looks like an interesting title and I'm always in need of Wii games to play. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Golden Axe yet, although the game itself doesn't seem all that impressive Golden Axe was one of my favorite games as a kid so I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

There is just so much I've gotta get, Halo Wars, Mercenaries 2, Star Wars, RE5, Prince of Persia looks like its going to be fantastic, more Portal and for some reasom I really want Little Big Planet.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Im buying Dead Rising for the Wii definitely :D

That game looked great on xbox360 (which I don't own, and will not either). Obviously it will be toned down graphically for the wii... but it will definitely be awesome to smash zombies with the wiimote... wonder if it will support wii motion plus?

Everon
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:09 AM
wiimotion plus was great, but I feel like this is what the wiimote should have been Day 1. Its another peripheral that's splintering the player base.
/rant

I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Golden Axe yet, although the game itself doesn't seem all that impressive Golden Axe was one of my favorite games as a kid so I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

This new Golden Axe seems to have very little in common with its roots. No multiplayer and trying to cater to kids with a hyper-sexualized protagonist.

Biggest surprises for me were Mirror's Edge and Fable 2. Fable 2 seems to be brimming in dark humor. You guys should really check out the Spider-man trailers if you get a chance, it seems different from the trash Treyarch makes.

Project Origin and Stalker Clear Sky are some PC titles I'm looking forward to. E3 really showed things are going smoothly with these two games.

Idealistic
Fri, 07-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Anyone see Valkeria Chronicles? I read about the game like a year ago when I was trying to see if there are any good RPGs lined up for the PS3. It was announced at E3 too I believe, because I watched the trailer thruogh PSN.

This game looks absolutely gorgeous!

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Valkyria Chronicles has been swimming the net for a while. Its being released this october or november (can't recall the date) in America.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Im buying Dead Rising for the Wii definitely :D

That game looked great on xbox360 (which I don't own, and will not either). Obviously it will be toned down graphically for the wii... but it will definitely be awesome to smash zombies with the wiimote... wonder if it will support wii motion plus?

Otis' real-time missions are gone. Instead, you'll get 3-4 sub-missions to tackle before taking on one of the major "plotline" quests, a much more linear - and less frustrating - system than that found on the 360 version. The camera's also been changed, from behind-and-above-Frank to the view/style employed in Resident Evil 4. Because of this, they've removed the photo mode, as apparently it just wasn't working. Finally, they've added new enemies, new weapons, and new waggle controls to make the most of both of them.

......., thats dumbing it down pretty hard, plus the zombie count on screen has been decreased severely aswell, meh.

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-19-2008, 06:22 PM
That was to be expected. After all... CRAPcom is the one that said that Wii users didn't like though games as an excuse to make Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles a simple (and way bad) arcade-like-shooter.