PDA

View Full Version : Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo: Ryoko's Case File

Munsu
Sat, 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
First episode by AnimeOne-Animeyuki:
http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-AnY]_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_01_[ED975900].mkv.torrent

Looks like it might be an interesting and fun series... will watch it tomorrow as soon as I can.

Based on a series of light novels written by Tanaka Yoshiki and illustrated by Kakinouchi Narumi.

The story revolves around Ryouko Yakushiji, a 27-year-old multilingual investigator that graduated from Tokyo University's elite Department of Law, and the bizarre cases she faces while working for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police. Yakushiji not only has to deal with supernatural beings in her line of work, but also her rival Yukiko Muromachi, another equally talented and beautiful police investigator.
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/yakushijiryouko/
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5631

Kraco
Sun, 07-13-2008, 05:44 AM
This looked like a pretty nice series. The older characters suit me fine (not only because I'm a geezer myself) but because it sets a different tone and atmosphere, and likely the plot as well since we are far from a high-school, or any school, in this show. Aside from that the slightly film noir and crime film feeling in general was very promising. The characters also seem to have background and personality.

Still, it's not wise to base too much on just one episode so I'll have to see in the future whether this is as good as I now hope it is.

Munsu
Sun, 07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
This looked like a pretty nice series. The older characters suit me fine (not only because I'm a geezer myself) but because it sets a different tone and atmosphere, and likely the plot as well since we are far from a high-school, or any school, in this show. Aside from that the slightly film noir and crime film feeling in general was very promising. The characters also seem to have background and personality.

Still, it's not wise to base too much on just one episode so I'll have to see in the future whether this is as good as I now hope it is.
Yep, I agree with you... really liking this series so far.

I like the adult characters and the main character is quite unique... well Ryoko. The character interaction is quite good, and the music sets the mood quite nicely. Next episode looks like it'll have plenty of action.

So far this looks like it'll be composed of some 2-episode type of cases, but revealing some plot elements to transition from one case to the next; connecting them.

David75
Mon, 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Things that pop out of my mind:
Why the French touch? How is it important regarding the subject of the show. I know that her outfit in the first part of the show is quite Ysl like (Yves Saint Laurent)... or maybe it's just a liking the author has. Oh and there was also a bit of old french music.

Anyways the show:
Women rule. We have at least 2 high figures for the good side, maybe 2 for the evil one. So what, is it some kind of dominance we should feel, does it appeal to otaku's fantasms?
Second, they go out for shopping and immediately get caught in major trouble? and they can fight big too? humm.

Regarding the subject for this first case, I wonder if it isn"t just some kind of real propaganda. I think I heard about an uprorar in Japan, regarding imported food and protectionism they were showing. Sometimes real problems are used in anime too and can be considered propaganda...

As of yet, I do not know what to think of this show. It could be quite serious, although some elements clearly do not fit the image. It's not aimed at being realistic. I hope it'll be entertaining at least. But it's impossible to know now.

Kudos at the french warning at the end, both written and spoken.

Bread-sama
Sat, 07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
AonE-AnY Episode 02 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE-AnY]_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_02_[C50AFECA].mkv.torrent)

Up! :)

Everon
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Tried watching the second and got bored half way through. The main character doesn't strike me as intelligent, just really cocky.

Kraco
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:27 PM
That was one bigass snake... A nice nod to Jurassic Park's direction in any case with the goat or sheep.

I never finished Neuro, but I think the cases in this series will turn out better even if they aren't exactly any Sherlock class detective work. The action isn't that bad and I don't think the characters are boring either, especially if the main character dude grows some ambition and initiative of his own and stops acting like and calling himself a slave (unless he really dreams of some SM sessions with his boss).

Munsu
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
That was one bigass snake... A nice nod to Jurassic Park's direction in any case with the goat or sheep.

I never finished Neuro, but I think the cases in this series will turn out better even if they aren't exactly any Sherlock class detective work. The action isn't that bad and I don't think the characters are boring either, especially if the main character dude grows some ambition and initiative of his own and stops acting like and calling himself a slave (unless he really dreams of some SM sessions with his boss).
That's pretty much my take at the moment. I myself like the main character.

With that said, I wonder what kind of meaning the dream in the opening episode has... especially with the hints of Ryoko having some kind of death wish, and then the obvious "I kind die yet because I have yet to solve something of extreme importance" bit.

Looks like next episode will have even more flirting between Ryoko and her slave.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-20-2008, 08:37 PM
So the snake that could grow indefinitely end up mummifying itself too? Anyway, I'm running along with this series. The chemistry is interesting, and a good break from all the usual genres we get every season.

Munsu
Sat, 07-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Episode 3:
http://animeyuki.edwardk.info/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_03_%5B556F1904%5D.mkv.torrent

David75
Sun, 07-27-2008, 04:13 AM
So Izumida is in her dreams. And she set-up that date so that she is in the tabloid, but in the end a suspicious event erases the memory card in the camera?
Humm.
Aside from that, were would the danger come from? It's quite early for already knowing the woman's love interest.
Izumida in the other hand doesn't seem to be in it at all, or is he? After all he obeys quite well. Is that just some kind of zenitude against harships?
It's true that Ryoko is a spoiled brat, but he gets to eat and go to incredible places, and Ryoko is really beautiful. Even if he's the babysiter/slave, I guess you could tell it's more interresting than being your average police bureaucrat.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-28-2008, 03:50 AM
I was going to guess Izumida played around with the camera somewhat. So it ended as simply a "strange event"? I'll go along with that. I thought it was really funny how she completely forgot about her security system, not to mention the cross-dresser.

staffcc
Mon, 07-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I love this show! I love the interaction between the two main characters. It just reminds me of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi a little.

Munsu
Thu, 07-31-2008, 12:29 AM
I was going to guess Izumida played around with the camera somewhat. So it ended as simply a "strange event"? I'll go along with that. I thought it was really funny how she completely forgot about her security system, not to mention the cross-dresser.
This was pretty much my take on it. I'm having a hard time figuring the chick out. On one hand she's dragging her slave around for her own stunts, on the other hand I think she sometimes forgets about her plans and is showing genuine emotions/affections towards Izumida. Hard to really identify the two sides of Ryoko and when she's being genuine or not.

Izumida on the other hand seems like the character that plays dumb all the time, and steps up when needed to. He has shown to be fully capable of kicking some ass, so that plays in his favor.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-31-2008, 05:34 AM
I like the Izumida type character a lot. They tend to get underestimated quite a bit, only too show off their skills when it is needed. I like how passive he is, yet useful for things other than comedy.

Munsu
Sat, 08-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Episode 4:
http://animeyuki.fansub-torrents.com/[AonE-AnY]_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_04_[B9FAAF32].mkv.torrent

Kraco
Thu, 08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
It might be that with a character like Ryoko the one accompanying needs to be either one like Izumida or one equally strong as Ryoko but compatible in some manner. Ryoko is an incredibly strong character so unless you have an equal footing (like Izumida doesn't have), the only way to endure is an attitude like Izumida has. A bit Kyon like attitude like staffcc noted. I don't think Ryoko would give any respect for a sycophant so she must be seeing through Izumida. And the way how he's drawing the line between work and off time is a simple way of showing he's still his own master.

It's kind of hard to see how much he's humouring Ryoko and how much he allows himself to be interested in her. And on the other hand, if he ever gives in, will Ryoko lose her interest in him?

xtallography
Thu, 08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
And on the other hand, if he ever gives in, will Ryoko lose her interest in him?

I think his nonchalant-ness is exactly what keeps her thinking about him. It's more of the thrill of the hunt for her. She presumably makes advances toward him that he seemingly is oblivious to and that drives her crazy because she is recognized (and moderately feared) by everyone in the city but him. I don't think she'll ever become completely overt but maybe when one of them is close to death the truth might be revealed.

Kraco
Sat, 08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Ladies old and young:

Episode 5 - AonE-AnY (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_05_%5BA4C5A894%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -

The robot had rather ridiculous programming and weakness but otherwise it was a fine episode. It took a little girl to let the proud Ryoko hear honest and straight words. Yet as expected she didn't lose her composure over it. Although it was made evident enough Ryoko isn't really one to socialize well with children, but the very moment she noticed the girl is actually more mature than Jun-chan thinks, she could communicate with her on some level.

Interesting stuff. I wonder what Ryoko will do with the photo.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 08-10-2008, 07:22 AM
The weakness was ridiculous, but I thought the programming was fine. It was the base program after all, and it only kicked in because of the malfunction.

Anyone could have destroyed the robot if they actually aimed at the shiny, easy-to-target, seemingly vulnerable thing on its head (yes, the eye), which I am still surprised did not happen.

Kraco
Mon, 08-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Because of the malfunction:

Episode 6 - AonE-AnY (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_06_%5BEB478F59%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: Izumida should accept some shady deal if things continue like this. Surely his paycheck doesn't contain enough zeros to feed too many times Ryoko and her maids in some fancy restaurant.

David75
Wed, 08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Fan-service coupled with popular X-Files sci-fi almost Z-series like.
It's entertaining, a good way to escape everyday's life stress.

French phonetics are fun, I accidentally watched "Wasabi" the movie with Jean Reno and Ryoko Hirosue and her "all in phonetics French" acting was nice too.

Waiting for next ep. As of yet, I wonder why Izumida is like he is. A nice man, athletic and young is so dumb about females... and he doesn't even seem like he's the timid type.... Ryoko has her femal pheromones at full power all the time and he doesn't even react.
In a way, she found some kind of monster in Izumida :D

Kraco
Wed, 08-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't be so certain he's so dumb about females. He might not be a real career bureaucrat but he's still protecting himself by not messing with his boss - no matter what manner of a boss. I think the fact how he distances himself from her even when she's not present shows he's all the time trying to draw the line. Though I don't deny he's a somewhat stiff dude; more Japanese than French for sure..

Ryoko being a daughter of some mega corporation owner would mean in Japan, I believe, that normally she wouldn't certainly marry any noname small-time official. So, in that sense I reckon Izumida would be protecting himself from a broken heart as well because he doesn't especially look like a playboy.

David75
Sat, 08-23-2008, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't be so certain he's so dumb about females. He might not be a real career bureaucrat but he's still protecting himself by not messing with his boss - no matter what manner of a boss. I think the fact how he distances himself from her even when she's not present shows he's all the time trying to draw the line. Though I don't deny he's a somewhat stiff dude; more Japanese than French for sure..

Ryoko being a daughter of some mega corporation owner would mean in Japan, I believe, that normally she wouldn't certainly marry any noname small-time official. So, in that sense I reckon Izumida would be protecting himself from a broken heart as well because he doesn't especially look like a playboy.

Understood.
It's just that Izumida really is not reacting and distant to anyone and even females. Or so it seems.
He seeks peaceful life, myabe, but is with the greatest trouble maker/seeker around. The opposites do go well together you'd say.

Anyways, Ep7 here:
[AonE-AnY] Yakushiji Ryoko No Kaiki Jikenbo - 07 [45ED6E71] mkv 110Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1720646)

Kraco
Sat, 08-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Sometimes the plots in these episodes are completely out there...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-24-2008, 08:47 AM
That was a rather sad face Ryouko put on at the end, completely different to the one she has when she triumphs. I wonder what the significance would be.

Interestingly, they revealed her age as 29 this time. Guess they want to keep her mature, but not old (twenties) image.

That sister of hers is also very manipulative. In the playing-dumb way. The dangerous way.

David75
Sun, 08-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Ep8 only 98Mb! quality drop? even in x.264? we'll see...

[AonE-AnY] Yakushiji Ryoko No Kaiki Jikenbo - 08 [32320542] mkv @ Gotwoot (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_08_%5B32320542%5D.mkv.torrent)

David75
Sun, 09-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Ep9

[AonE-AnY] Yakushiji Ryoko No Kaiki Jikenbo - 09 [AB00789D] mkv 98Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1779320)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Nope, no quality drop from what I saw. I'm guessing this series may end with 12-13 episodes?

David75
Mon, 09-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Nope, no quality drop from what I saw. I'm guessing this series may end with 12-13 episodes?

13 says anidb

And I still think this series is a lot about male submission to women. I wonder why, yet it's totally pregnant.
And the coffin scene is a very strong proof of that.

Kraco
Thu, 09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
The beginning of this ep was hilarious. It was instantly obvious it was Izumida's dream, but that way it felt even more fitting. Perfectly fitting. Still, it's the kind of dream that makes wonder if he actually wanted to go into the coffin with Ryoko but would never (at least for now) admit that to himself.

And where the heck did he lose his P90, eh?

Kraco
Tue, 09-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Pleasant dreams, kid:

Episode 10 - AonE-AnY (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_10_%5BED473F41%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Tue, 09-23-2008, 03:41 AM
As if one wasn't enough for poor Izumida...

Episode 11 - AonE-AnY (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_11_%5B80F9F840%5D.mkv.torrent)

medtrunken
Tue, 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello, I have successfully downloaded almost all of the episodes linked to in this thread but there seems to be a problem with episode 09. It says (in uTorrent) that the torrent is not authorized on the GotWoot tracker and when I go to GotWoot's torrent page episode 09 is missing. I was just wondering if someone could remedy this? Thanks!

Kraco
Tue, 09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Interesting... Does it still connect to the tracker AnY is using? At least the .torrent file (http://animeyuki.fansub-torrents.com/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_09_%5BAB00789D%5D.mkv.torrent) from their server contains it in addition to Gotwoot. I don't know what's the deal with our tracker, though. Maybe somebody removed it by mistake.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Lol, Monami-chan definately took to her newer bigger body pretty quickly. Poor Izumida-kun, two identical hot chicks both of whom want to bang him and he's as ignorant as a rock.

Why doesn't he realize he's sitting on hentai GOLD?!

xtallography
Tue, 09-23-2008, 11:00 PM
I have a slight problem with the clone acting exactly like the original. Ryoko was shaped by her upbringing to be the person she is today whereas the clone just has accelerated aging. It's just a case for nature vs. nurture and the scientist in me balks at the pure nature aspect here. Plus, who makes a stasis chamber where the subject can just decide to open the door and go for a walk?

Although, why should I think the show will follow science with giant underground salamanders and colossal mythical frogs putting out fires.

Kraco
Wed, 09-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Exactly. It suits the atmosphere of this series perfectly that a clone would also share the personality traits and likes of the original. Still, Monami liking Izumida is no wonder considering he might have been the first (young) man she was in a prolonged social contact with.

David75
Wed, 09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I have a slight problem with the clone acting exactly like the original. Ryoko was shaped by her upbringing to be the person she is today whereas the clone just has accelerated aging. It's just a case for nature vs. nurture and the scientist in me balks at the pure nature aspect here. Plus, who makes a stasis chamber where the subject can just decide to open the door and go for a walk?

Although, why should I think the show will follow science with giant underground salamanders and colossal mythical frogs putting out fires.

Since they strech things so much, you could think that the stasis chamber also inputs knowledge and behaviour in her brain.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Well, I guess this means that young Ryoko (young)would have been just a selfish, though a bit naive and less knowledgeable.

The way they said it, the Living Dead was created using solely the undead technique, and it rotted away since it didn't have a soul. But combining cloning (original human parts) with the inanimate formula, they created Monami - meaning our soul, or what makes it up, is all genetic?

Kraco
Thu, 09-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Genetic memory has been presented in numerous stories over time, especially in stories that don't try to appear too scientific. And what more is our soul, in concrete terms, than the sum of our memories, personality traits, etc.? Of these personality, like temper, and such are partially dictated by genes, for sure; the rest belongs, I reckon, to the same club with the giant salamanders and ilk. However, it all would fit this series.

Kraco
Sat, 09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Dead or Love, Part 1:

Episode 12 - AonE-AnY (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_12_%5B8EF165FD%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, so Ryoko will keep her air of coolness up even when there's no one around and she wants to kiss the man who saved her life? Works for me, that's Ryoko for you :D.

It was good to see that Ryoko can hold her own by herself, but really, it's Izumida who makes Ryoko who she is.

And again, kudos to Aone for such an absurd file size ;)

Kraco
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:07 AM
What I don't understand, though, is why Ryoko was there all alone. Isn't she supposed to be the heir of the mega security corporation? Surely she could have take a bunch of soldiers with her. Of course she was opposing SDF but that still didn't make a whole lot of sense: The "practice" grounds was a very limited area of the city so why on earth did she have to go there in the first place right now, knowing it's full of enemies?

Well, the complete lack of sense aside it was an enjoyable episode and had some very evident warmth between Ryoko and Izumida.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-28-2008, 03:52 AM
What I don't understand, though, is why Ryoko was there all alone. Isn't she supposed to be the heir of the mega security corporation? Surely she could have take a bunch of soldiers with her. Of course she was opposing SDF but that still didn't make a whole lot of sense: The "practice" grounds was a very limited area of the city so why on earth did she have to go there in the first place right now, knowing it's full of enemies?

Well, the complete lack of sense aside it was an enjoyable episode and had some very evident warmth between Ryoko and Izumida.

You would also think that they'd have the perimeter sealed off to protect civilians and tourists etc, as well as preventing any witnesses, so Izumida's entrance also comes to question. But yeah, for a detective/investigation story, it surprisingly lacks reasoning :)

The scene where she tirely sits by herself reminded me of the time when she jumped bridge after seeing Izumida there. I really like how they portray him as both her strength and her weakness.

David75
Sun, 10-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Last ep:
[AonE-AnY] Yakushiji Ryoko No Kaiki Jikenbo - 13 [FINAL][6E3F3A31] mkv 104Mb @ Gotwoot (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE-AnY%5D_Yakushiji_Ryoko_No_Kaiki_Jikenbo_-_13_%5BFINAL%5D%5B6E3F3A31%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 10-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Unfortunately much didn't change in this last episode. Or more like very little changed. Monami is now in the team but that's it. Ryoko and Izumida didn't become a couple. They should have just had random cases like in the beginning and not a bigger story at all if they never intended to make a solid conclusion.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 03:35 AM
I think there are many more cases in the novels, so they can't pull the curtains for them too fast now can they? It's been quite an enjoyable experience, a good break from the usual rhythm anime usually have for the last couple of seasons. I new season for this would be very welcome. Meanwhile, I'll be looking forward to Aone&AniYuki's next joint project: Corpse Princess.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
For me fabulous on Ryoko's level needs no compelling story or plot resolution. She was kind enough to grace us with her badass for 13 episodes and now she's gone because the studios can't handle that much awesome for more than 13 eps (hopefully at a time).

While the cases and story seemed a little bit weak to me I kept coming back just to see Ryoko be Ryoko and completely out fabulous any problem that stood in her way. From the ninja-hacker-Solid Snake tag team maids, to the standing on a tank in a red cocktail dress and heels every thing about Ryoko's life just bleed absurd amounts of concentrated awesome. She and her merry band of subjects will surely be missed.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Regarding the "couple hasn't progressed" thought, I remember in the first episode, Izumida introduced himself as Ryoko's subordinate. By episode 13, the didn't, or perhaps couldn't finish what he thought he was to Ryoko. That in itself is progress IMO.

David75
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Regarding the "couple hasn't progressed" thought, I remember in the first episode, Izumida introduced himself as Ryoko's subordinate. By episode 13, the didn't, or perhaps couldn't finish what he thought he was to Ryoko. That in itself is progress IMO.

The couple progressed.
Izumida said he was able to do anything when he's with her.
Ryoko was nearly kissing him on multiple occasions, even when he wasn't sleeping/coma