PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Chapter 317

Splash!
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Ch317 (@ One Manga) (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/317/)

Ch317 scanlated by Sleepy Fans (http://www.mediafire.com/?8nlvytbllwa)

Wow, that was very dull chapter after a 2 week wait.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 03:14 AM
this looks an anime opening sequence... charecters randomly fighting meat shields.

why was ULQI so suprised in the final page?

LaZie
Fri, 07-11-2008, 03:16 AM
It was probably because he was having a monologue and thought no one would interrupt, but Ichigo pops out and effs everything up.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 07-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Tite Kubo is just trying to buy time while he desperately scribbles out some powers for the last 3 espada's release forms.

I mean c'mon he's gonna have to work real hard if he's to justify why the hell they should be able to wipe the floor with pretty much all of the captains assembled in the real world considering that more then half of the espada's have been practically decimated by ichigo and co as well as the captains who went to mexico opps I mean Hueco Mundo

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Is the name of Chad's attack really "El Directo" come on, that's just lazy writing. As a matter of fact lazy writing pretty much describes this whole chapter.

boilerph
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Tite Kubo is just trying to buy time while he desperately scribbles out some powers for the last 3 espada's release forms.

I mean c'mon he's gonna have to work real hard if he's to justify why the hell they should be able to wipe the floor with pretty much all of the captains assembled in the real world considering that more then half of the espada's have been practically decimated by ichigo and co as well as the captains who went to mexico opps I mean Hueco Mundo

You're assuming that Aizen's comment meant that the Espada were going to win. It's right in line with him to be using them as throw away pawns while hie true objective goes on.

joker-kun
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Is the name of Chad's attack really "El Directo" come on, that's just lazy writing. As a matter of fact lazy writing pretty much describes this whole chapter.

I think this chapter failed more than Naruto.

Archangel
Fri, 07-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Boring episode but at least we know the next one is going to be amazing

Btw does anyone else think that Ulquiora's release will have something to do with that left eye of his? Never gave it much thought after he smashed it to give all the other espada his memories but after this chapter i'm curious to see it's real power.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Boring episode but at least we know the next one is going to be amazing

previous chapter discussion:

. A shame we won't be getting anything next week but i'm hoping that mean the next one will be extra awesome.

but keep saying this, you'll get it right eventually :)

Archangel
Sun, 07-13-2008, 11:49 AM
U gotta have hope DBZ ! *starts singing*

itadakimasu
Sun, 07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
am i the only person surprised that all of the charactors re-emerge seemingly unscathed after all being very close to death?

makes me think about naruto right after the chuunin exam when it seemed like all the charactors had died only to later be just fine.... sometimes i think somebody needs to die; as sad as that can be.

Archangel
Sun, 07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
sometimes i think somebody needs to die

This made me lol

Anyway they have the 4th squads captain there, the lieutenant and the fourth seat, with that much healing power it's no wonder they all seem unharmed.

Darky
Sun, 07-13-2008, 07:32 PM
If they keep healing then go after the healers, how difficult can it be.

Archangel
Sun, 07-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah great idea, hey ulquiora go out there and take them on all at the same time even tough they're being absolute morons and only sending 1 guy to take you on, you know the same guy that got his ass handed to him in the first fight.

Darky
Sun, 07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Well you got a point there but we all know that according to the rules Ichigo has to win now. But seriously since he's all alone and everyone would normally go after him, atleast that would be the smart thing, why not seek them out when they haven't regrouped yet. So healers first because they're just annoying. And if hollows are supposed to be evil, please just kill already. If i where even slightly evil and had some power i'd kill everyone on the spot just for the fun of it.

Archangel
Sun, 07-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Well for one thing he's had like 5 minutes since getting out of caja negation, and secondly the last time he met ichigo he stabbed his hand through his chest, how the fuck is that not evil? The only reason he didn't die it's because he's the main character.

Abdula
Sun, 07-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I think you misunderstand what he's saying, not that that's uncommon. He isn't saying that hollows aren't evil, I think what he means is that if hollows are supposedly to be so evil why don't they just kill people instead of always standing around running off at the mouth. I mean if hollows would just kill people and not talk so much or do the stereotypical shonen bad guy thing and play around with the good guy until he whoops your ass, Rukia, Chad, Ishida and even Ichigo would be dead.

I mean why doesn't Ulq just kill Orihime instead of standing around sayin "I'm going to kill you" until Ichigo shows up.

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I mean why doesn't Ulq just kill Orihime instead of standing around sayin "I'm going to kill you" until Ichigo shows up.

You're the one misunderstanding. Hollows do exactly that, they kill without thinking because they are evil, what you're talking about are arrancars, hollows that removed their masks and gained back their ability to think.

As such, they no longer randomly kill everyone they see and may even let some of their enemies live but that doesn't make them any less evil, in fact it just turns them into sadists that prefer to see their opponents suffer rather than finish them off on the spot.

They're still evil, they're just not brainless animals anymore

Darky
Mon, 07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
And coincidentally everyone they don't kill comes back to defeat them. And really if i was a sadist i'd just put them through horrendous pain not knock him/her out with a lil extra damage. Where's the paralyzing or some other painful stuff. The only one i've seen who's come close to that was that scientist arrancar. He just had the bad luck he was interrupted.

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
After becoming arrancars they're driven by something else than just hunger, they're driven by their own ambitions.

FFS, we've even seen an example of a good arrancar nel, hollows have no obligation to be evil as there are exceptions and some are worse than others. Aizen as been the most evil character so far and he's not even an hollow.

Darky
Mon, 07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah i know, it's just that lines are fading way to much. What's the point of saying hollow's are basically evil but suddenly after evolving they're turning semi-good. Same with how shinigami shouldn't turn evil. Though we still don't know what happens to souls that whent to hell right? Maybe Aizen is an escapee from hell and managed to hide it.

Abdula
Mon, 07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
You're the one misunderstanding. Hollows do exactly that, they kill without thinking because they are evil, what you're talking about are arrancars, hollows that removed their masks and gained back their ability to think.

As such, they no longer randomly kill everyone they see and may even let some of their enemies live but that doesn't make them any less evil, in fact it just turns them into sadists that prefer to see their opponents suffer rather than finish them off on the spot.

They're still evil, they're just not brainless animals anymore
Are you saying that I'm misunderstanding what I am saying, thats rich. I would try to explain what I mean to you but that is seriously getting tiring.

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 03:46 PM
... it's like talking to a retarded brick wall

Whatever, hollows are as evil as the powepuff girls then

Abdula
Mon, 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
See thats my point you don't know what the hell I meant but you assume something and go along with it and then you make stupid comments like that, and you wonder why I call you an idiot.

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't have either the time or the patience to discuss this matter any further with you, let me know when you're ready to stop being a moron and i'll think about continuing this discussion

TwisT
Mon, 07-14-2008, 04:45 PM
So your saying that an Hollow have to become an Arrancar to be able to not be an mindless killing machine? So what about Grimjaws flashback then? Didn't they think and do whatever they wanted? Did it look like they where slaves to their hollow nature? If they didn't want to kill someone could they not simply ignore doing so?

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Did it look like they where slaves to their hollow nature? If they didn't want to kill someone could they not simply ignore doing so?

Yes especially at that time! U have to realize that if they didn't keep consuming hollows they'd go back to being mindless gillians, what greater fear could there be than to lose yourself?

Ofc in their case they seemed to enjoy it but again, consider hollows like you would normal people, they all have different personalties and that's why there seem to be the exception here and there, but basically they're mostly evil.

TwisT
Mon, 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes but Grimjaws partners stopped and even told him to eat them. And if they where just killing to be evil and because of fear and all that all they needed to do was continue to kill just to stop them from becoming Gillians. But they didn't. They did what they did because of ambition. And when they realized that they would never reach their goal they gave up on it. There was no fear and no mindless killing. They didn't kill because they where afraid to move backwards but because they wanted to move forward.

They even teamed up because they shared the same goal. If they where mindlessly killing there wouldn't have been any talking. They would just have attacked each other. Gillians on the other hand is mindless killing machines.

At least that's the way i see on this whole thing.

Archangel
Mon, 07-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I guess you're right, adjuchas and vasto lordes are driven by more than just an urge to kill as well.

Abdula
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah i know, it's just that lines are fading way to much. What's the point of saying hollow's are basically evil but suddenly after evolving they're turning semi-good. Same with how shinigami shouldn't turn evil. Though we still don't know what happens to souls that whent to hell right? Maybe Aizen is an escapee from hell and managed to hide it.
The point is your basic hollows, Gillains, are just brainless grunts who kill without regard they don't have the mental capacity for either good or evil. After they consume more hollows and become stronger it is only then that they regain their intelligence and are able to distinguish, anything. After evolving they aren't turning semi-good, what they are doing is gaining the intelligence to be able to make their own decisions, evolving doesn't make them good per say but it gives them the capacity for either good or evil, it makes them more human-like even in appearance.

Its not something as simple as hollows turning good or shinigamis turning evil, its not black and white. Tosen still thinks he is good, as far as he is concerned he is following the path of justice, his justice, and Aizen doesn't care about good or evil all he wants is to accomplish his goals, if he could have accomplished them while remaining in SS he would have still been there.

Point is good and evil isn't so simple and Bleach isn't as clear cut as hollows are evil and shinigami are good, and mindless hollows who kill and eat everything aren't anymore evil than wild animals who kill and eat to survive.