PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 408

Marik
Thu, 07-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Online viewable.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/408/

Binktopia Direct Download - http://dl01.mangashare.com/downloads/Naruto_408%5BBinktopia%5Dv2.zip

Binktopia Online Viewable - http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-408/page001.html

rockmanj
Thu, 07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
So the 8 tails is a vulgar black guy...didn't see that one coming at all. But kudos to whoever said that Naruto was gonna do the toad training. I kind of thought that he'd go that route too but I didn't expect it so soon. And I wonder if his orfficial rank will ever improve. He's still technically a genin.

Carnage
Thu, 07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I can't pinpoint why exactly.....but I didn't like this chapter at all....maybe it'll come to me later.

Idealistic
Thu, 07-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I just want to say again... Sasuke's eyes look fucking retarded.

Naruto's growth gets lamer and lamer. First, Naruto goes train with Jiraiya for about 3 years, doesn't learn a thing. Second, we're introduced with hax bunshin training which Naruto learns only a new move. And now, apparently hax bunshin training isn't good enough so he'll be training with that toad. Seriously... Why does Naruto(the character) have to be so freaking stupid that he can't train by himself.

He better utilize that hax training with the toad.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok, a comment here...I think this is Naruto's last shot at gaining some skill that doesn't involve him looking incredibly stupid before winning a fight. 1 week to train with this sage combined with the training method that kakashi came up with can make this happen in a realistic fashion (hahahahahahahaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaLOL!... *cough* disbelief suspended). I don't see how the story has anymore room to fit more Naruto power ups. I can't think of a more prolific trainer than someone like the frog sage, who trained Jiraiya AFTER the third did. I'm hoping Naruto learns some seal Jutsu.

There really wasn't anything else interesting at all to this chapter. Some "new" sharingan power's been shown. Big whoop.

edit @ above: You can't fault that he's learned only one jutsu with the training method kakashi taught him. There hasn't been time. He trained to create the technique, had to use it in battle before it was complete, had to recover from the injuries it caused him, and then had this mission to go after Sasuke. I agree with everything else though.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Holy shit Sasuke's Atom-Sharingan looks dumb. It's like Kishimoto is trying to incorporate all his old Sharingan sketches that never made the cut into the manga before it ends. How many is this now, 5? That said, I really love the artwork for the Land of Clouds on page 7. Looks like exactly how a "sky city" should.

I'm glad Naruto's gonna train with the frog guy. I think everyone saw that coming a mile away, so I'm glad it's actually gonna happen.

Someone help me understand what's so "vague" about Jiraiya's message. There must be something in the translation, because it seems absolutely straight-forward to me.

Also how is Orochimaru not the 8 tails? I was honestly shocked by that.

toonice714
Fri, 07-11-2008, 12:04 AM
i really dont like sharingan now. Its just so excessively lame. Its like when you play pretend with the kid who cant stop making up powers as u go along. Its just no fun.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-11-2008, 12:08 AM
I get the feeling that he's only going to train for a week. If that's the case, and he becomes ridiculously strong, then I might actually start ranting on the message board too. I mean, sure KBJ can give him an edge, but Jiraiya was with them for YEARS.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Well, he hadn't done the Kage Bunshin training with Jiraiya. It does raise the question of "What the fuck was he doing for 3 years??" but everyone's already had a go at that.

I think a week of Frog training using Kage Bunshin could at least teach him some new Frog Jutsu. Maybe, just maybe, he'll emerge as the kind of badass we wanted him to be post-timeskip.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-11-2008, 12:33 AM
That would be a big suspension of belief, even for Naruto. I mean becoming like the terminator or something in only a week? I guess we'll see in the ensuing chapters (itll probably be like 3 months worth of training in a week's time a la the show that must never be named).

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:12 AM
It also gives everyone else more time to "decipher" the code.

And by "decipher" I mean "realize the obvious". Are we really going to have to wait until Naruto's done training for them to figure out what it means while simultaneously coming up with the results from the autopsy?

joker-kun
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:39 AM

And by "decipher" I mean "realize the obvious". Are we really going to have to wait until Naruto's done training for them to figure out what it means while simultaneously coming up with the results from the autopsy?

This is probably just me trying to give Kishi some undeserved credit (yeah the sage toad who even had a flashback of Jiraiya talking about Negato not being there... and the message saying the real one isn't there or whatever wasn't able to figure it out - makes alot of sense), but I think the Toad knew but for some reason kept it to himself, maybe for Naruto or something. Doesn't make much sense I know, but why the fuck would he bother with a flashback if he didn't think it had some indication.

docdan63
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:52 AM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. So his eye looks like an atom, big deal. Maybe it was an artistic look he was going for. I actually think it looks fine for him. And Kishi made him hella strong. He looked at the guy with only one eye, and he talked. That's just plain bad ass.

My main omg moment was when the Hawk group was all wearing the akatsuki robes. That was awesome to see. It's like they're the akatsuki's new recruits and are now working with them on one of their personal important missions. And to back my above paragraph, it's led by Sasuke with his new eyes people! So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

The Jinchuriki not being Oro was kind of weird, but it kind of makes more sense now. There was so much speculation about him being it, Kishi probably just said fuck, and went with something else. Him giving in to us thinking would be boring and you guys all know it. We would've packed a thread for him all saying that we expected it and Kishis a boring writer not following his own creativity. Besides, all the other Jichuriki so far have been from all other nations and villages hidden away not known by the villages themselves. It should stay that way. It makes the akatsuki seem smart and driven towards achieving their goal. They actually do research and find out where they're located.

Now about the 8 tails. He's going to be bad ass. Just plain bad ass. You can totally see Kishi writing it that way, which by the way is fine by me. It was also really cool how they showed a bit of him training and retracting his "animal form". Also, yeah, he's not a snake like we all thought. He's an octopus type. You can tell by the suckers in the 2nd pic of him in the cave training. So that's going to be really interesting to see in a fight.

chet_chetty
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:29 AM
LOL at Suigetsu saying that Sasuke's sharingan is broken. I think Kishimoto realizes how much unfair power he's written to the sharingan and poked fun at himself. I can dig that.

Also it seems like the 8-tails has attained the most realized control and power out of his bijuu compared to all the other jinchurikis, including Naruto. The fact that he goes in and out of his released form at will, as docdan pointed out, is proof of that.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 03:10 AM
more sharingan shanningans...
but the snake\falcon\akatsuki team looks great now.

the 8-tails also looks neat, I hope he won't die right away. in fact, I think we'll see a scene of him fighting Sasuke, and then Sasuke uses Sharingan, and the scene changes. and few months later it will be revelead that Sasuke let him go.

actually, it's a shame that Naruto won't get to train under this guy, he probably is a good trainer for naruto.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 07-11-2008, 03:26 AM
im kinda hoping that dbz is right and that the 8-tails gets away somehow and learns about what akatsuki is up, with capturing the tailed beasts and whatnot, and seeks out naruto.

docdan63
Fri, 07-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Also it seems like the 8-tails has attained the most realized control and power out of his bijuu compared to all the other jinchurikis, including Naruto. The fact that he goes in and out of his released form at will, as docdan pointed out, is proof of that.

Yes I believe he's the most controlled of his bijuu out of the 9. And actually, I know it's too soon to tell because we just saw Naruto go into training with the person who taught Jiraiya everything he knows, but if Naruto doesn't learn to control it, the 8 tails could be the strongest in the series for a long long time. Till naruto is a full grown adult in his 30's or late 20's. But who know maybe the frog sage can change that soon with this training.

I actually think Kishi planned for us to find out that the 8 tails can control his power like this, to think maybe naruto has some training to do so he can get ready for the akatsuki when they come to town like the 8 tails more than is for team hawk. Obviously making him fully able to control the 9 tails will have it's issues.

1. Kyuubi is extremely dangerous and wild
2. Naruto is the youngest jinchuriki yet (probably why the old man 4 tails new how to control his bijuu and form lots of elemental seals. And why it was even hard for Kisame to take down.
3. Since naruto is so young it could be a problem for him to know Kyuubi well enough to control him, or even have the relationship that the 8 tails probably has with his bijuu. However, he does and has talked with him a lot in his subconscious. Although most of it was not really talking as it was Kyuubi convincing Naruto he can make him a guest god, and then using his body as a killing machine.
4. The training with the frog could maybe not help Naruto with bijuu. In fact he probably won't even help naruto touch on that. But who knows

@death booz:
he won't die right away. In fact, I think Sasuke and the whole team hawk is going to have a bitch of a hard ass time to fight him. The guys is the strongest bijuu right now and has 8 tails to work with. And he's only a smidgen less chakra than naruto holds. He'll be fine. Sasukes eyes probably won't even work on him. He's probably going to have use what his brother gave him to get the job done well. He won't let him go. But he's going to need more akatsuki members to give him a hand with this one. They aren't sending in a jounin level ninja at full training capacity age. They're sending in a new recruit with fresh sharingan and a relative in the akatsuki. All of the akatsuki are still much stronger than Sasuke is right now. He'll need back up. At least 2 more people. 3 of peins bodies and Kisame should do the trick.

Yeah him not being able to train and teach Naruto is a real shame. With the right teachings from this 8 tails, naruto could own entire villages with one hand tied behind his back.

Should be getting good from here. Interesting to note. I haven't read the last 4 chapters, and then 7 more before that. But I'm starting again on this chapter. Oh well spoilers for me.

Darky
Fri, 07-11-2008, 07:18 AM
I really can't see how you said that all of the akatsuki are much stronger then sasuke, or him not being at jounin level. If he isn't at jounin level then what do you need for it. He's shown strategy in his fights so far, uses techniques in combination with one another and took out an akatsuki member by himself. 2 if you really want to count in a sick Itachi. There's really no way of telling how strong the rest of akatsuki is now,and i have to say they've been taken care of pretty easily up until now with the loss of only 2 ninja on the allied side.

But saying sasuke is weaker then a trained jounin is going a bit far, a young Kakashi was already good enough to be a jounin at a very young age, granted that there was a war going on. I'm not saying he was a good jounin but obviously still good enough to be one.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-11-2008, 08:41 AM
"The guy is the strongest bijuu right now." What? I mean, really. What? A few panels of him, no techniques of him, no real clue as to how much control he actually has over the bijuu. He's the strongest right now? Nevermind, I give up. He's the strongest right now.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 09:45 AM
he obviously is the strongest one.
by manga-law, any villian is stronger than the main hero until they fight (see getbackers for in-story expelnation, I don't remember the chapter, but it's at the end of the 'divine cards' arc) which makes him stronger than naruto.

and by akatsuki elimination process, those are the only two jinkuruchi's left, so he is the strongest one.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Now Sharingan doubles as a Geass? Okay.

WHen did they start letting black people into the Narutoverse?

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I can't pinpoint why exactly.....but I didn't like this chapter at all....maybe it'll come to me later.
Same here.

Holy shit Sasuke's Atom-Sharingan looks dumb. It's like Kishimoto is trying to incorporate all his old Sharingan sketches that never made the cut into the manga before it ends. Yes, yes, yes we've gone down this road before.

Yes, exactly....

Um, the two tailed could transform at will, so could the four tailed guy I'm sure, hell so could Gaara so thats not proof of anything except for the fact that naruto is a noob.

I can't believe that you guys honestly believed that Oro would be the eight tails. Yes as I've said before Oro was my favorite character but come on, are you guys idiots. As I've said before there are any number of reasons proving that Oro wasn't the eight tails first and foremost being that he was in Akatsuki. Anyway so you guys would have actually wanted to see Immortal Oro, Oro in Sasuke's body, Kabutoro and still want Oro to be the eight tails that's just too much. He was my favorite character and even I didn't want to see anymore of him after he lost to Sasuke. If Kishi used him anymore it would have been ridiculous, and he would have missed the opportunity to introduce a new character.

Anyway if Naruto trains for a week and somehow manages to surpass Jiraiya who trained with the toads for years then...... I can't even finish this sentence because the idea is so absurd.

Assertn
Fri, 07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Wasn't the 2-tails also from the lightning country? I thought she said she was like, the strongest one in the cloud village.

Well, ok...I can't find where she says she's the strongest...but she is indeed from the cloud village
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-313/page005.html

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Actually what she said was that she was the second strongest ninja in the village, I guess we now know who number one is.

-Ah here (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05ny9.jpg) it is.
Strange that of the four scanlations I checked only one group had it.

Response to below: I don't know Yuki, I'm a pretty disciplined guy, I can definitely put the crack pipe down.:cool:

Yukimura
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Anyway if Naruto trains for a week and somehow manages to surpass Jiraiya who trained with the toads for years then...... I can't even finish this sentence because the idea is so absurd.

You'll still come back for your fix. Just because we know the crack is bad and even when it hurts us, we still have to have it. As long as Kishi provides the (absurd) plot twists and keeps characters we like doing things that hint at other things things we'll just keep lighting the pipe.

I seriously hope Naruto ends up staying with the Frogs for a more appreciable amount of time than a week, maybe there'll even be another time skip after Sasuke beats the eight tails guy (I really hope that takes more than one-two chapters of staring) and Pain kills [Insert Important Konoha Ninja] looking for Naruto.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM
So his eye looks like an atom, big deal. Maybe it was an artistic look he was going for.
Well of course it was an artistic look he was going for. That's why he drew it. It doesn't mean it doesn't look goofy and ridiculous to me.

Shit about Orochimaru not being the 8 tails
What can I say? Orochimaru was such an unnatural character I thought the only explanation would be that he was a Jinchuriki, or possibly even the 8 tailed beast incarnate. The 8 tailed beast is a snake/hydra demon in the mythology and I thought Orochimaru had got himself some 8 tails action at an early age and had successfully hidden that fact from Akatsuki. I was always skeptical about it, but his fight with Itachi made me actually consider it. I also thought it would be a convenient way to work Kabuto back into the plot if he had suddenly become the 8 tails Jinchuriki.

In any case I like the look of the black guy. Something about him seems really imposing, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while for Sasuke to kill him. I always assumed the Tailed Beasts' power was proportionate to their tails, which is why Naruto has such a hard time controlling Kyuubi. If this guy can control the 8 tails with relative ease he's probably one to be reckoned with.

This is probably just me trying to give Kishi some undeserved credit, but I think the Toad knew but for some reason kept it to himself, maybe for Naruto or something. Doesn't make much sense I know, but why the fuck would he bother with a flashback if he didn't think it had some indication.
I like this theory. At the very least it's a better excuse than "this message makes no sense derrrrr" and that's cool with me.

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
In any case I like the look of the black guy. Something about him seems really imposing, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while for Sasuke to kill him. I always assumed the Tailed Beasts' power was proportionate to their tails, which is why Naruto has such a hard time controlling Kyuubi. If this guy can control the 8 tails with relative ease he's probably one to be reckoned with.
Just to clarify thats an incorrect assumption. Although the Kyuubi and eighttails are the strongest and second strongest respectively, the power of the tailed beasts is not based on their number of tails.

chet_chetty
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
A bijuu's power (chakra amount) isn't respective to the number of tails it has? I dont remember any indication proving otherwise.

WHen did they start letting black people into the Narutoverse?

At least Kishi didnt give him ridiculously oversized lips.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, it never explicitly stated that the Bijuu's powers are respective to their tails either. It's not an ironclad theory, merely an assumption based on Naruto's own level of power with his increase in tails. Kyuubi, having the most tails, has also been called the most powerful beast multiple times. Gaara on the other hand, the one tails, was comparatively weak fully transformed.

Chiyo said the Bijuu have different characteristics based on their number of tails, which could mean anything from "their power increases with the number of tails" to "Each one has one more tail than the last".

It's not something I'd base an argument on, but is something that would make sense if it were explained.

EDIT: In before Abdula "YOU GUYS ARE ALL IDIOTS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY THINK THAT WAY GOD"

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Just to clarify thats an incorrect assumption. Although the Kyuubi and eighttails are the strongest and second strongest respectively, the power of the tailed beasts is not based on their number of tails.

it isn't? my pokemon memory says that the power of the fox demon (vulfix and ninetails) is represented by the tail number... while it may not be the same with other demons, it sounds logical enough (then again, we get back to the argument about Zabuza and Kisame, where logic lost).

anyways, I'm going to call the 8tails Kratos, as in GoW kratos, since they both give off the same murderous vibe...

I really hope that Sasuke can't kill Kratos, it'll be such a let down, if after going through the entire jinukrichi set, we are still stuck with Naruto and Gaara (did we ever find out what happened to him? dead? alive? zombie?) as infulencial charecters.
it's been ages since we got another guy to the Naruto-team... I think Sai was the last good guy, and since then we only had Madare and Payne...

I think it's time one of the snake\falcon\akatsuki rookies kicks the bucket (or gets seriously injured) fighting Kratos, so Sasuke has to pull out (before using his sharingan shananigans and deusEXing his way to victory).

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
EDIT: In before Abdula "YOU GUYS ARE ALL IDIOTS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY THINK THAT WAY GOD"
Huh? and I got neg repped too. What the hell?

Anyway, yeah I'm hoping we'll get to see another Jinchuuriki hanging around but I don't think that can happen at this point. If we were introduced to them earlier it would have been great but the series is winding down and Kishi is trying to tie everything together so I highly doubt any Jinchuuriki's are getting away if Gaara didn't. I don't even know why Kishi brought Gaara back to life if we were never going to see him again. If he's not going to use him again he should have just left him dead and it would have been yet more motivation for Naruto and the others to go after Akatsuki. That one is really strange because right after he brought him back to life he started killing of people left and right.

Anyway I doubt this encounter with the eight tails will serve anymore purpose than showing off Sasuke's new found strength. Beyond that if Kishi is really following the mythology an Eighttails-Kyuubi/Sasuke-Naruto confrontation is inevitable.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Gaara was brought back to life, because unlike the characters that died after him, Gaara can sell keychains and T-shirts. Of the people who did die, only Jiraiya and Deidara were merchandise sellers. Akatsuki badguys had to die otherwise he'd lose all credibility as a story teller, Same for Jiraiya. Now, while Jiraiya's death was sad, it's expectation made it bearable.. It's an optimization problem: "How do I sell the maximum number of t-shirts and key chains while remaining a credible enough story teller to sell t-shirts and keychains?"

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the assumptions going around that the 8-tailed Jinchuuruki is currently the strongest. It's just too baseless. Without knowing what kind of powers he has, all you're left with is an impression.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I can't see a reason why not, he obviously is stronger than Naruto (let's face it, who isn't stronger than Naruto nowdays?) and Gaara isn't a host anymore, which makes Kratos, automatically the strongest one, since he and Naruto are the only ones left alive.

yes, the bijuu's were all defeated by turds in the akatsuki, who were in turn defeated by turds like Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke and shikamaru. way to go, kishimonto. you're portraying a perfect scale of power, there's so much left for the teenager kids to look up to.

chet_chetty
Fri, 07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
It would be senseless to assume this last jinchuriki isnt the most powerful. One, why wouldnt Kishi save the most powerful for last? Meaning it would be pretty stupid if Kishi saves this jinchuriki/bijuu for last only for it to be weak and easily beatable. What kind of suspense would be built for Sasuke and Hawk's ensuing fight with the 8-tails if he wasnt the most powerful? And why would Akatsuki target the 8-tails last (besides Naruto) if he wasnt the most powerful? Obviously those of us saying he is the most powerful are not basing it on the few panels he's been in.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
The problem with this not being based on what you know of the eight tails, is this: take away the last few panels, and you'd have the same conclusion. Knowing nothing of the demon other than it's tail number, nothing of the Jinchuruki who controls it, nothing of where he's from, nothing of what he looks like, and certainly nothing about his techniques or fighting ability, you reach same conclusion. He is the strongest. This amounts to you reading the writer's mind. He's strongest because he's last. He's strongest because it builds suspense. Not very compelling arguments I must say.Not by themselves anyway.

Abdula
Fri, 07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
The last and most powerful Jinchuuriki is and ofcourse will be Naruto. Now as for this one I don't really care and senseless kinda does describe how Kishi does things now doesn't it. I mean why was the capture of the two and four tails done off screen and why why did we not see any of the other jinchuuriki's at all. Anyway I'm convinced that the only reason we are even seeing any of this is because of Kishi's obsession with Sasuke, if it was someone else going after the eight-tails I doubt we would be seeing anything at all.

Anyway yeah he is probably going to be really strong but that still isn't going to stop him from getting owned by Sasuke and yeah since there are only two Jinchuuriki left you could call him the strongest all you want but he is still gonna get beaten by Hawk.

Archangel
Fri, 07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
If the eight tails gets owned within seconds by the MS i'm gonna buy a trip to Japan and kick Kishi's ass.
Btw someone clear a question for me, wasn't the MS's genjutsu supposedly on the left eye and the ninjutsu on the right one? So that thing Sasuke did was a ninjutsu?

I don't understand the code, me retarded ( OMFG!! ). There is some evidence, with the fucking obvious flashback and all, that the toad sage really did understand the meaning behind the code but decided to keep it to himself for some reason but then again i'm just probably being hopeful...

As for the bijuus power i don't think we can say anything for certain except that the nine tails is the strongest of them all, although it would make sense that their level of power is equivalent to the number of tails they possess we have no proof of that.

Gz to the first guy who said the toad sage was going to be the next pokemon trainer, but even with the kage bunshin method how much of an upgrade are we looking at here? Also, we'll we get to see this training or will the moves be shown in the fight against pain?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
A bijuu's power (chakra amount) isn't respective to the number of tails it has? I dont remember any indication proving otherwise.

At least Kishi didnt give him ridiculously oversized lips.

His look reminds me of Dutch from Black Lagoon. Only he's probably infinitely less badass

Assertn
Fri, 07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I believe as far as youma mythologies go, the 8th and 9th tails were the only demons of notable rank above all the others, and the 9th was the strongest. So this doesn't mean that Gaara's was the weakest, just that Gaara's was weaker than the last two remaining ones.

boilerph
Sat, 07-12-2008, 01:29 AM
At this point I don't even expect Sasuke to break a sweat. I mean the Sharingan's entire purpose is to copy ninju, no..to slightly hypnotize opponen....ummm...to see high-speed movemen...err...to copy taijut...wait...to see chak...uhh...to do high level genju....umm...to do high-level ninju..to control bijuu! That's it, he can suppress them just like Yamato but infinitely easier. If Madara controlled the nine-tails in it's "pure" form I'm sure God, I mean Sasuke, will have no problem with the eight when it's boiund in a human.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-12-2008, 01:50 AM
He's strongest because he's last. He's strongest because it builds suspense. Not very compelling arguments I must say.Not by themselves anyway.
What the heck are you talking about? Those are the only arguments I'd need to convince me in this manga :p.

I believe as far as youma mythologies go, the 8th and 9th tails were the only demons of notable rank above all the others, and the 9th was the strongest. So this doesn't mean that Gaara's was the weakest, just that Gaara's was weaker than the last two remaining ones.
Yeah, I never meant to bring Gaara into it and imply that he was the weakest, just that he was obviously weaker than the Kyuubi. All it took to beat him was to give the Jinchuriki a whack on the head.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-12-2008, 02:22 AM

I thought mythology said they were equally strong, just that 9th had infinite energy, tipping the scale to his favor after like thousand years of battle.. or something like that >_>

Abdula
Sat, 07-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Yes, yes that is how the story goes. The epic battle between the two was a stalemate for 1000 years or something like that and although the eight tails power rivals the Kyuubi in quality, the Kyuubi has a limitless supply of chakra so he eventually won. Some nonsense like that

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-12-2008, 02:31 AM
The epic battle between the two was a stalemate for 1000 years or something like that and although the eight tails power rivals the Kyuubi in quality, the Kyuubi has a limitless supply of chakra so he eventually won. Some nonsense like that
Replace "supply of chakra" with "supply of FRIENDSHIP" and you've basically got a probable outcome for the final Naruto/Sasuke fight.

deathnote-fan
Sat, 07-12-2008, 07:01 AM
i understand how seigetsu and jugo wheere able to enter akatsuki but how in the world did the girl get in shes probably the same as sakura....

docdan63
Sat, 07-12-2008, 01:47 PM
i understand how seigetsu and jugo wheere able to enter akatsuki but how in the world did the girl get in shes probably the same as sakura....

I don't. I don't think any of them is good enough to join the group for any mission Madara gives them or match any of the akatsuki's skills. They're all just little brat kids. Sasuke isn't even strong enough to join in my opinion. Yes he beat his brother, but that was at his limit busting out new moves at random. So don't pull the whole EMS, he beat his brother, wtf are you talking about docdan crap on me. Because I know what I'm saying.

About the bijuu and their hosts. Yeah for the last time. I'll only explain this once to read it well and carefully. The reason I started this whole firestorm of posting lately about the 8 tials being stronger is because he is. Naruto isn't stronger because he's like a giant lake. Not a lake, a giant deep lake. But a lake with no ripples and no waves at all. Very calm. This new 8 tails is like the same lake, but with a series of fire hoses ready to go at any time, and at his own controlled will. So, lets do some math.

If every bijuu gets stronger as tails get added (from Gaara to Naruto), then by definition naruto should be the strongest one with out question, right? Wrong.

1. Naruto can't control anything that Kyuubi gives him
2. Is wild and crazy when even 3 tails are grown
3. young and inexperienced on how to even begin to have a master slave/best friends relationship with his bijuu.
4. because of reason 3, doesn't have the ability to tap 100% of the potential that the 8 tails obviously has. With out the ability and power to control his bijuu, he's just a well of power and Kyuubis bitch. Until then, thats all Naruto is.
5. Because of reason 4, and the rule that every bijuu gets stronger as the tail count goes up, doing the math, right now, the 8 tails is the strongest one.

Thats all I can come up right now. Thats the best I can explain it.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
If every bijuu gets stronger as tails get added (from Gaara to Naruto), then by definition naruto should be the strongest one with out question, right? Wrong.
We don't know this for sure. I only brought it up as a possibility. It's never actually been stated that the tailed beasts with more tails are stronger, and the mythology doesn't confirm this either. We know that the 8 tails is likely very strong, but he will eventually be beaten by Sasuke, so it probably doesn't even matter. The power of the other tailed beasts doesn't even factor into this now.

The rest of what you said is pretty self-explanatory for anyone who's been keeping up.

docdan63
Sat, 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
We don't know this for sure. I only brought it up as a possibility. It's never actually been stated that the tailed beasts with more tails are stronger, and the mythology doesn't confirm this either. We know that the 8 tails is likely very strong, but he will eventually be beaten by Sasuke, so it probably doesn't even matter. The power of the other tailed beasts doesn't even factor into this now.

The rest of what you said is pretty self-explanatory for anyone who's been keeping up.

Actually I think it's been said many times that as more tails get added, the capacity of chakra and power goes up exponentially with each tail. So I think that can be laid to rest soon after Sasuke and team hawk meet the 8 tails. And then again when the rest of the akatsuki invade Konoha for the 9 tails and Naruto.

I don't have beef with people liking the new team hawk. But why does everyone thing that the kids in the series are getting stronger? They're really not. The only one that has gotten a little stronger was Shikamaru and that was because he was a genius at strategy. Juugo hasn't shown anything. No one from team konoha has shown much growth yet (if Kishi has it planned) Sakura is maybe a kick ass medic that's all and a physical fighter. And about Sasuke, I'm going to settle thing once and for all.

He's strong because his brother and Orochiumaru made him that way. Yes he was the all star rookie when he graduated, but that doesn't mean shit now. 80% of what he has came from those two men training him. And don't pull the "so what if they trained him, now he's stronger because of it" bullshit on me. Yes he has EMS now and yes he's part of the akatsuki, but he can't compare to someone like Kisame, Madara, Pein or Konan. Most seem to think that he's the one to be the next god because of his eyes (once again that his brother gave him) One top of all that. People think that he's jounin level and that he's the level of Kakashi or other jounins in other countries. That fucked up right there. You all need to stop and take a look around. He just got back from training with Orochimaru and Kishi is already having him take orders from Madara on getting some bijuu for him.

I don't know. Yeah the kid is strong but you guys are way over playing his power and skill level. By massive levels and over statements. Most of what he's done now hasn't been very strong or impressive in my book. Here some impressive things to me

1. Kakashi ripping off Diedaras arm with his sharingan
2. The 2nd and Kisame making lakes from just clapping their hands together
3. Gaara fighting in the sky with Diedara and tracking him down with his sand
4. The 3rd being able to keep up with Orochimaru during the fight even in his old age
5. Diedara being able to keep up with Gaara and also being able to create animals from just clay as well as giving them the ability to blow up
6. the old man 4th jinchuriki being able to create lots of elemental fusions
7. Kakashi keeping up with Itachi when he and Kisame visited the first and knowing they were at the bar talking earlier (now that's a man who could be called jounin at age 9 in my opinion
8. 4th sealing the 9 tails in his son
9. the 1st being able to control (repress whatever the fuck you want to call it) the bijuu with out the use of the Sharingan at his disposal.
10. the 1st also being able to summon and make 3 different types of jutsus. Earth water and from them, wood
11. Madara (and yes I know Sasuke probably has this ability now too) being able to command and control the Uchiha members during the Senju and Uchiha wars like they were his soldiers.
12. anyone who the village ninjas think is Kage material (except Tsunade, I'll never get how that happened. Or why they wanted Jiraiya)
13. the 4ths flash step move

Those are some of the things I actually tihnk are worth getting frothy over. The things that you people think are impressive aren't really that impressive at all.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-12-2008, 04:55 PM
And about Sasuke, I'm going to settle thing once and for all.

He's strong because his brother and Orochiumaru made him that way. Yes he was the all star rookie when he graduated, but that doesn't mean shit now. 80% of what he has came from those two men training him. And don't pull the "so what if they trained him, now he's stronger because of it" bullshit on me. Yes he has EMS now and yes he's part of the akatsuki, but he can't compare to someone like Kisame, Madara, Pein or Konan. Most seem to think that he's the one to be the next god because of his eyes (once again that his brother gave him) One top of all that. People think that he's jounin level and that he's the level of Kakashi or other jounins in other countries. That fucked up right there. You all need to stop and take a look around. He just got back from training with Orochimaru and Kishi is already having him take orders from Madara on getting some bijuu for him.

I don't know. Yeah the kid is strong but you guys are way over playing his power and skill level. By massive levels and over statements. Most of what he's done now hasn't been very strong or impressive in my book. Here some impressive things to me

5. Diedara being able to keep up with Gaara and also being able to create animals from just clay as well as giving them the ability to blow up
9. the 1st being able to control (repress whatever the fuck you want to call it) the bijuu with out the use of the Sharingan at his disposal.
10. the 1st also being able to summon and make 3 different types of jutsus. Earth water and from them, wood
11. Madara (and yes I know Sasuke probably has this ability now too) being able to command and control the Uchiha members during the Senju and Uchiha wars like they were his soldiers.
12. anyone who the village ninjas think is Kage material (except Tsunade, I'll never get how that happened. Or why they wanted Jiraiya)

Those are some of the things I actually tihnk are worth getting frothy over. The things that you people think are impressive aren't really that impressive at all.

Sasuke deal:
I'm probably one of the bigger Sasuke-haters, but I stilll think he's strong, and not just because of the plot-holes.
he was always exceptional, even as a genin, the bizzare powers he keeps getting can't change the fact, that he is a better ninja than anyone else around. he just makes a shitty person, and that's why he is going to lose.

1. You mean Kakashi throwing out a MSharingan from his ass with no reason (still no reason, a year after it happened), and his MSharingan is time\space cannon? that's no badass, that's retarded.
5. Gaara's sand wasn't so fast, it was a bit faster than Lee, and even considering improvement over these three years, the sand can't be properly relayed upon as a homing weapon.
8. That's hardly badass, that's bad parenting (remind me, does Naruto know of his origins yet?)
9. What's the difference between using one bloodline (uchiha bloodline) to supress the demons and using another bloodline (sengou bloodline)? the 1st also had a 'gift' to control them.
10. every jounin can use two elements, and combinning them comes natrually to bloodline ninja. is every jounin a badass in your book?
11. The uchihas don't seem to be so smart, the evidence supports this (two out of three uchihas are braindead idiots)
12. what? can you explain it? and what is(was) wrong with Jiraya?
13. Vegita said it better in DBZ 109 - "it's only hyper speed". so he's fast, and leaves an after-image, if that's enough to be an hokage, then I'm fit to be the supreme commander of the leaf navy.

UChessmaster
Sat, 07-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Sasuke defeated Deidara... that makes him akatsuki level imo, not the STRONGEST members maybe, but definitively akatsuki level,

Abdula
Sat, 07-12-2008, 06:13 PM
There is so much that can be said but I'll try not to make this too long...hahaha

Actually I think it's been said many times that as more tails get added, the capacity of chakra and power goes up exponentially with each tail. So I think that can be laid to rest soon after Sasuke and team hawk meet the 8 tails. And then again when the rest of the akatsuki invade Konoha for the 9 tails and Naruto.
That only applies to Naruto because the number of tails he is able to access represents how much of the Kyuubi's power he is using, you can't apply that to anything other than Naruto. Secondly how is anything going to be laid to rest after we see the eight tails fight. Even if he is extremely powerful we haven't seen any of the other bijuu fight so we have nothing to compare it to. Naruto can't control the Kyuubi you said so yourself and we can't judge what shukaku's level of chakra is because we didn't really get to see him in action, Naruto woke Gaara up and that dispelled the jutsu that didn't defeat shukaku it merely dispelled the jutsu. We have no idea what else he has.

Wait I don't get this, so you don't think Sasuke is strong because Oro and Itachi made him that way and you completely disregard his EMS because Itachi gave it to him, yet you still say Kakashi is some great ninja. Wait wasn't kakashi trained by his father, who was on the same level as the sannin, since birth and then after his father died he was trained by the fourth. Come to think of it wasn't Kakashi given Obito's sharingan, I mean atleast with Sasuke we can say that its his own bloodline limit.

2. The 2nd and Kisame making lakes from just clapping their hands together
3. Gaara fighting in the sky with Diedara and tracking him down with his sand
4. The 3rd being able to keep up with Orochimaru during the fight even in his old age
6. the old man 4th jinchuriki being able to create lots of elemental fusions
7. Kakashi keeping up with Itachi when he and Kisame visited the first and knowing they were at the bar talking earlier (now that's a man who could be called jounin at age 9 in my opinion

1. Lemme see this, EMS>MS right but you don't think Sasuke is stronger than kakashi. Kakashi ripped off Deidara's arm but Sasuke forced him to blow himself up yet Kakashi is still stronger than Sasuke.
2. What the hell does water jutsu have to do with anything, Sasuke can make freaking lightning bolts fall from the sky and you're talking about water jutsu.
3. Deidara beat Gaara, Sasuke beat Deidara and the big deal here is tracking him down with his sand, did you not see any of the things sasuke did to deidara during that battle. What the X ray vision, seeing chakra, genjutsu, and deactivating his bombs doesn't beat tracking him down with sand.
4. So Sasuke owning Oro didn't mean anything or the fact that Sasuke was able to go toe to toe with Itachi the man who run Oro out of Akatsuki.
5.Sasuke beat Deidara and Deidara didn't even pull half the stuff on Gaara that he did on Sasuke.
6. Where is your point here, him being able to mix elements was as a result of the abilities his bijuu gave him and you didn't even see any of that happen so why are you talking about it.
7. This one is a good one. So all that fighting and high speed taijutsu Sasuke and Itachi did in the beginning of their fight meant nothing nor does the fact that Sasuke completely defeated Itachi's Tsukiyomi something Kakashi wasn't even able to do. How does knowing they were at the bar even mean anything. All three noticed the two suspicious guys in black robes you'd have to be an idiot not to, and he didn't even know who they were which is why he just made Asuma and Kurenai tail them. Anyway did I mention that Kakashi lost to Tsukiyomi and he would have probably been taken by Itachi if Gai hadn't shown up because that is big. What is with this keeping up thing anyway if I remember correctly Kakashi was struggling just to follow Itachi's movements and he was on the defensive for that entire battle he didn't even get an attempt at offense.
8. Wait, what.
9. What does without the use of the sharingan have to do with anything. The sharingan is a kekkai genkai, the first had a kekkai genkai that gave him that ability what difference does it make and what does being able to control the bijuu have to do with the first's actual strength.
10. Again Kekkai Genkai.
11. WTF. They were his soldiers, he was the leader of the Uchiha clan just as the first was the leader of the Senju clan
12. This doesn't make any god damn sense. You say anyone that the village thinks is Kage material but then you exclude the current hokage. How does being Kage material mean anything anyway everyone in the village thinks Naruto is kage material but yet Sasuke is leagues ahead of Naruto which is why Naruto was always training to catch up to him. By the way Asuma mentioned that he thought shikamaru was kage material, you're not going to tell me that based on that you think Shikamaru is stronger than Sasuke.
13. Flashsteps didn't help his ass against the Kyuubi now did it.

Anyway since people tend to confuse things I'll just say that this isn't a personal attack or anything. I wanted to say that I disagree with what you said and I don't see what you're basing any of this on. I don't see how you can say you don't consider Sasuke to be Akatsuki level when he already defeated two akatsuki members, you can question whether it was a true defeat or not if you want but fact is he beat two of them(three if you count Oro). Plus the fact that Sasuke is in akatsuki pretty much answers the question of whether he is on their level or not. I think you just need to think a little bit more before you post, your long posts in the One Piece forum are a fun read, here not so much.

Konohamaru!
Sat, 07-12-2008, 08:47 PM
I've got to side with Abdula on this topic. Sasuke is indeed akatsuki level at this point. He has always been good at what he does, and his work ethic rivals everyone else in Konoha. After absorbing Oro he indeed became stronger, and now on top of that, he was given the EMS by Itachi. He's strong period, hense I think he deserves his place in Akatsuki regardless of killing Diedara or not.

Regarding the 8tails, ofcourse he's going to be strong. All bijuus are strong. By all respects you can speculate that he is going to be one of the toughest for Akasuki to capture because 1. Hes one of only two left. 2. Sasuke gets to fight him, and we know how much Kishi loves him. 3. Has to be strong to make for a good continuing story. None of this however automatically implys that hes the strongest however, only that he's strong enough to make for a good story, or at least we can hope. We know he'll be strong because he already has hype from the other cloud biiju, but everything is still based on how Kishi lets the story play out.

Now as for Naruto receiving the Sage frog's training... Good, I'm glad hes getting more training. Hopefully the Sage can teach Naruto more control. Hell Naruto has still only been able to create his Rasengan one handed once in the fight with Sasuke. Naruto's problem has always been that he doesn't properly know how to use his power, not that it doesn't exist. So I'll be hoping and praying for him to learn control, and maybe a couple of Sage jutsu's as well. He can't rely on KB's and rasengan's forever... Maybe his master's death will serious him up a bit.

Finally, as for the flashback of the Sage Frog, I could definately see him holding onto a possible explanation, or information to further develope Naruto durring his training. We know how Naruto just doesn't get it sometimes. This could be what's used to refocus him to finalize the Sage training or something. Again, all speculation...

Abdula
Sat, 07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Now as for Naruto receiving the Sage frog's training... Good, I'm glad hes getting more training. Hopefully the Sage can teach Naruto more control. Hell Naruto has still only been able to create his Rasengan one handed once in the fight with Sasuke. Naruto's problem has always been that he doesn't properly know how to use his power, not that it doesn't exist. So I'll be hoping and praying for him to learn control, and maybe a couple of Sage jutsu's as well. He can't rely on KB's and rasengan's forever... Maybe his master's death will serious him up a bit.
Yeah yeah jumping on my bandwagon:rolleyes:

Anyway as for the toad sage, I think he might be insulted if you called him a frog:D . I'm really not going to make much out of his flashback. His flashback as you can see here (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/408/09/) is just what Jiraiya thought at the time. If you remember the battle correctly Jiraiya actually thought that the body he killed was the real Nagato, you can get that much from the flashback, it was when he saw the scar that he realized he was a ninja that he had already fought. It was after that and a few more flashbacks that Jiraiya figured out what Pain's secret was, a secret according to Pain that would have lead to his defeat.

Anyway Pain immediately slashed Jiraiya's throat so he wasn't able to talk, which is why Jiraiya needed to write a coded message in the first place. Its 381 (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/381/01/) if anyone's interested. So whatever it is Jiraiya figured out he wasn't able to tell Fukasaku (toad sage) so I don't think he actually knows anything, although he may have a few theories but nothing concrete and like he said Jiraiya's message was too vague, so even though they may know "the real one isn't there" there is nothing they can do with that message alone. Like Xan said before, I think when the autopsy is finished and they get whatever info they can from the body and then Pain actually shows up, they'll put everything together and have a shonen bright idea and figure out how to defeat Pain.

Anyway since this topic seems to be finished lets see if we can move on to something else, specifically the hidden cloud village. According to Madara, after the great war or whatever Hashirama decided to give out the bijuu as a show of faith to the other villages or some nonsense like that, so how did one village end up with two. Secondly whats wrong with these people, they knew Akatsuki was going after the bijuu, they would have of course known that Akatsuki attacked the sand village and took the Kazekage so why weren't they prepared. If there were two of them in the village and not only were they both in the village but perhaps the village's top two ninjas why wouldn't they stick together. Did they just think Akatsuki wasn't going to get to them or was it just bone headed over confidence in their abilities.

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-13-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm not gonna respond to docdan63 since everyone else did a pretty good job. Also he seems tetchy. I just don't understand why he thinks being trained by someone else doesn't make you strong :confused: :confused:.

Like Xan said before, I think when the autopsy is finished and they get whatever info they can from the body and then Pain actually shows up, they'll put everything together and have a shonen bright idea and figure out how to defeat Pain.

Yeah, it could be that Fukusaku is holding back information, or he's still putting it together in his mind, or perhaps Binktopia's translation is very liberal and the code is a lot more confusing than we think. Whatever the case, I do believe it will happen as described.

According to Madara, after the great war or whatever Hashirama decided to give out the bijuu as a show of faith to the other villages or some nonsense like that, so how did one village end up with two.
I guess 80 years is enough time for anything to happen. The land of Clouds village could have taken the 8 tails for themselves after killing the original owner perhaps??

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Anyway since this topic seems to be finished lets see if we can move on to something else, specifically the hidden cloud village. According to Madara, after the great war or whatever Hashirama decided to give out the bijuu as a show of faith to the other villages or some nonsense like that, so how did one village end up with two. Secondly whats wrong with these people, they knew Akatsuki was going after the bijuu, they would have of course known that Akatsuki attacked the sand village and took the Kazekage so why weren't they prepared. If there were two of them in the village and not only were they both in the village but perhaps the village's top two ninjas why wouldn't they stick together. Did they just think Akatsuki wasn't going to get to them or was it just bone headed over confidence in their abilities.

from easy to hard.
5 ninja countries (five ninja villages) 9 demons.
which means that the leaf got the strongest demon and the rest of the villiages have gotten two demons each (probably, we don't know exactly)
edit: and as Xanbo suggested, the cloud could have stolen one of them, weren't they the ones who tried to get the hyuuga eyes?

the Jinckurichi, like the super-strong egg-heads they really are, are confident in their abilities to kickass (we really should have seen a decent demon.vs.akatsuki fight already), and weren't exactly expecting an attack at the scale of the akatsuki (though, considering everything, akatsuki's are kind of a letdown... like the sound four). and even if they did know, do you really expect them to stay together all the time? the leaf can hardly make Naruto stay in one place, and he isn't even good for anything else.

Abdula
Sun, 07-13-2008, 10:18 AM
from easy to hard.
5 ninja countries (five ninja villages) 9 demons.
which means that the leaf got the strongest demon and the rest of the villiages have gotten two demons each (probably, we don't know exactly)
No, No, No he didn't only give Bijuu to the five main villages.

edit: and as Xanbo suggested, the cloud could have stolen one of them, weren't they the ones who tried to get the hyuuga eyes?
True but I would think a village as over ambitious as the cloud would have made some ripples if they had two bijuu.

the Jinckurichi, like the super-strong egg-heads they really are, are confident in their abilities to kickass (we really should have seen a decent demon.vs.akatsuki fight already), and weren't exactly expecting an attack at the scale of the akatsuki (though, considering everything, akatsuki's are kind of a letdown... like the sound four). and even if they did know, do you really expect them to stay together all the time?

Well yeah I see your point. Still something just seems off with this village.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Uhm, i must be out of the loop or something, cause when exactly did sasuke get ems? I seem to oddly remember sasuke refusing the eyes.

docdan63
Thu, 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Ha! So Sasuke is now in Akatsuki cloting eh? He is a regular mini-Itachi, even has his own little Kisame and everything.

Very good chapter, and I like the fact that Naruto is finally going to train with the toads.

As for everyone thinking Pein will come to Konoha and kill Tsunade, I think that’s off base. What I think will happen is that Pein and Konan will indeed come to the village in search of Naruto, and end up getting in a big battle, with some big losses on both sides. Konan will probably be hurt pretty badly/killed, and Pein may lose a couple of more bodies. The Leaf will lose a lot of ninja, and their hokage, but she won’t be killed. I think Pein will cut his losses, realizing that attacking the Leaf head on may not be the best strategy and incapacitates, then takes Tsunade in hopes that Naruto will now come to him.

This will open the door for Danzo, who everyone seems to be forgetting at the moment. He will use this oppurtunity to sway the majority of Konoha to his side and declare himself in charge of all Konoha affairs (although he probably will not be considered “Hokage” in the eys of the village, or maybe a faction of loyalists). He will convince, forcibily perhaps, everyone that Tsunade is dead, or Akatsuki has set up a trap and will not allow a rescue attempt. Konoha will effectivly be under martial law, under the thumb of Danzo and his military, Root.

This of course, will pave the way for Naruto’s return/revolution. He will return from his training stronger, faster and yes, smarter. After being briefed from his comrades of course Naruto will not stand for everyone not doing anything regarding Tsunade’s abduction. He will strike a fire in the hearts of a few of the new generation (I am thinking Neji, Lee, Shikamaru, Shino Sakura, possibly Kakashi and few others) to rebel and rescue Tsunade.

Archangel
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:44 PM
With all this talk about generations i can't help to think that none of the sannins are gonna get out of this alive, being replaced by their disciples in the end of the story. just a theory of mine ofc.

Abdula
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
The sannins are dropping like flies, Tsunade is the hokage and the only one left and Pain probably the strongest villain in the series at this point is about to go to the village, not to mention that Sasuke, Kishi's boy toy, has declared that he will kill the leaders of the village plus there is still Madara who wants his revenge against the Sengu and the only thing that was preventing him from getting it, Itachi, is gone and it just so happens that Tsunade is not only a Sengu but a direct descendant of the man who is the root of Madara's hatred but yeah its just a theory of yours right. Talk about stating the obvious, if Tsunade survives to the end of the series that'll be an even bigger surprise than Kakashi busting out MS.

Archangel
Thu, 07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Hmm you really think Sasuke will go after tsunade because she's the hokage? i mean he does seem to want to keep the casualties to a minimum and since tsunade probably didn't even know of the uchiha situation until she became hokage i don't see sasuke going specifically after her. Then again Madara would absolutely own Tsunade wouldn't he? She relies mostly on phisical attacks and with his time space jutsu tsunade wouldn't last 5 minutes.

But i do have to say that i'm curious as to just how strong the elders really are, they've also been trained by the second hokage after all.

Abdula
Thu, 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Whether Sasuke goes after her or not is not really up to him. Madara for sure wants her dead and atm Sasuke is his little puppet, Sasuke isn't the problem Madara is. Even if he doesn't go after her directly she would definitely defend the elders regardless of how she feels about them and in a situation like that I doubt Sasuke would hesitate to kill her.

I don't think they are that strong even if they were on the same level as Sarutobi, which I highly doubt, aging probably would have had a much greater impact on them than it did on Sarutobi since he was still at least active as hokage and now they are even older than Sarutobi was when he died.

The elders undoubtedly possess alot of knowledge and probably could still use some high level jutsus but I don't see them keeping up with Akatsuki members. I think the power of the elders comes from their sphere of influence rather than anything else and it just wouldn't fit the story if they turned out to be that strong.

since tsunade probably didn't even know of the uchiha situation until she became hokage i don't see sasuke going specifically after her.
I don't think she knows of the situation. The elders don't seem to be the type to share information and I don't see them sharing information that sensitive at all, unless they are confronted with proof and with Itachi dead there is no proof. I think at this point only the elders, Madara and Sasuke know what actually happened.

I think it'll get out pretty soon though, when Sasuke attacks the village Naruto is of course going to ask why and Sasuke is going to give him his "I'm an avenger" line and a long explanation about why he is doing what he is doing, just like in the valley of end.

-I just noticed that despite his talk Sasuke hasn't actually killed anyone yet. Itachi died because of an illness and Deidara blew himself up. I wonder if he's got the guts to go through with this.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 08:17 AM
I think the power of the elders comes from their sphere of influence rather than anything else and it just wouldn't fit the story if they turned out to be that strong.

Lol like that has ever stopped Kishi

I noticed that too, which makes me think that Kishi is thinking of giving him a happy ending, being purified by naruto and all that ridiculous shit

Abdula
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Lol like that has ever stopped Kishi

I noticed that too, which makes me think that Kishi is thinking of giving him a happy ending, being purified by naruto and all that ridiculous shit
Yeah I know Kishi never really considers whether or not things make sense.

You know my mind went to wrong place when you said Kishi was going to give Sasuke a "happy ending"

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
xD

lol but seriously, i'm not usually a big fan of the endings where the main character dies or a close friend dies etc, but if sasuke just goes back to the village like it was nothing after naruto beats him ( u know it's gonna happen eventually and it's gonna be in a stupid way ) i'm gonna cry... just because the asshole didn't kill anyone it doesn't mean he can just go back and they'll forget he was associated with akatsuki, tried to kill the elders, etc.