PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 64-65

Marik
Mon, 07-07-2008, 02:21 AM
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns064-065.torrent

Finally out after a delay, watching now.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-07-2008, 05:18 AM
Love this arc!

Zoooooombie ninjas!!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Full scale village war filler FTW!! I have to say, this is the most enjoyable filler we've had. What's more is we'll probably get to see some Shikamaru strategy, and who doesn't like that? Only thing I want to complain about is that having Naruto save a Hokage's life is a tad...unbelievable.

And lol at cute Danzo.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeh, I'd have to agree with you on that Buffalo. Naruto saving Tsunade is a lil unbelievable, but in a sense he has done it before when he got her to muster her courage and fight in the Sanin mega clash with Jiraya and Oro.

I am also thinking that, Konoha has got to have better shinobi than that. Cos Naruto and his team were able to hold their own to some point (very little point) when they fought against these 4. And yet on a full scale attack against the village, they have not even been able to touch them with anything.

Other than that, you have got to admit this is a pretty good episode for filler. I am actually excited to see how things turn out.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 07-07-2008, 10:57 PM
This was...pretty damned good. However...I think there's a bit of a problem with the power scales that are being introduced with these characters...

Assertn
Mon, 07-07-2008, 11:59 PM
I was thinking that Naruto saving Sora was unbelievable.
Lol that ninjas using their back to catch shurikens is a defensive strategy.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Damn it... I totally enjoyed this... even more than all the Uchiha crap from the pre-filler episodes. If they keep this quality... keep em coming fillers! Zombie Ninjas! Awesome! Naruto meets Resident Evil!...

I liked the full scale battle, and the realistic role of Sakura finally acting as what she trained for... a medic.

One question though... were the hell are the damn Hyuugas?

Kraco
Tue, 07-08-2008, 01:50 AM
I don't think it's really definite Naruto even saved Tsunade. If Naruto had arrived a second later, Tsunade might have already saved herself. It's possible Naruto just surprised Tsunade and distracted her from saving herself so it's not like she would have automatically died from such a lowly attack had he not arrived.

It was a pretty good episode but all those wasted nameless ninjas was a bit much. They all even had chuunin vests, didn't they? I don't think there even was such a big need to introduce these villains anymore so they could have performed a surprise attack instead of that unlikely display of power and untouchability.

The horde of sluggish zombies is indeed a nice touch. And it explained why they emptied all those villages of little importance.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-08-2008, 06:33 AM
One question though... were the hell are the damn Hyuugas?Well, remember that Tsunade has the majority of the villages shinobi out on the borders guarding against a possible attack from the Rain village. I'm guessing thats where the Hyuugas are.

And yeah, I'm with you guys on Naruto "saving" Tsunade. But I'd rather believe like Kraco that Naruto actually was saving Sora from a Hokage fist through the skull.

As for the zombies, I don't think they're actually undead. I think since its the Earth guy controlling them, that he's just filled the bodies with earth and is controlling the earth inside them.

KrayZ33
Tue, 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM
They made the Konoha ninja look way to powerless... everything else was very good though

Archangel
Tue, 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Hmm i didn't buy the whole naruto saving tsunade thing, it was just too filler like to me.

Also, how does naruto get blood on his mouth from shruiken on his back?

And the bad guys were way too overpowered, they made konohas ninjas look like pussys.

Other than that good episode

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Also, how does naruto get blood on his mouth from shruiken on his back?Thats just an anime cliche. Every injury results in a person caughing up blood for some reason.

Assertn
Tue, 07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
The shuriken part is ridiculously funny, the more I think about it.

It looked like Naruto was trying for a dramatic, life-changing moment for Sora the same way Iruka did for Naruto, but then Sora just disappears and Naruto is left standing around with shurikens in his back.

Konohamaru!
Wed, 07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Good episode, and I agree with you all on most every point. All of the Konoha Shinobi they've shown so far have been canon fodder though except for the ref in the Chuunin exams, but he hasn't done anything yet except for taking command and calling for people to fall back. The earth shinobi envader is using some wickedly powerful jutsu's on everyone though. Moving that much earth that quickly would probably almost take all of Yamato's chakra before they'd even make it to the main gate, but we didn't even see him show up at the captains meeting, or in the battle yet, although he's still in the village and will be in the next episode.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Was it ever actually stated that the two elders were Sarutobi's teammates and his teacher was the First? I found that to be really sudden, though it makes perfect sense.

Tyreal
Wed, 07-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Was it ever actually stated that the two elders were Sarutobi's teammates and his teacher was the First? I found that to be really sudden, though it makes perfect sense.

I don't remember exactly when (perhaps in his fight with Orochimaru), but they did say the the First and the Second did personally single out and train the Third.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-09-2008, 05:30 AM
[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden OP03 Single - Blue Bird [Ikimono-gakari].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20NARUTO%20Shippuuden%20OP03%20Sin gle%20-%20Blue%20Bird%20%5BIkimono-gakari%5D.zip.torrent)

It's the current OP if I'm not mistaken.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 07-09-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't remember exactly when (perhaps in his fight with Orochimaru), but they did say the the First and the Second did personally single out and train the Third.

I'm recollecting that now, but I swear I've never considered the two elders were his teammates, I wonder if they're badass shinobi too.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm recollecting that now, but I swear I've never considered the two elders were his teammates, I wonder if they're badass shinobi too.

Probably nowhere near the magnificence of the third. I'd find it a bit hard to swallow if the battle for the successor of the second hokage was between three prepubescents...

Kraco
Wed, 07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Plus those two geezers probably have seen no ninja action for decades.

Archangel
Wed, 07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Neither had the third and he still kicked some ass. I guess we'll see them in action eventually.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Neither had the third and he still kicked some ass. I guess we'll see them in action eventually.

The Third went on that mission where he uncovered Orochimaru's lab in Konoha and let him escape. Do Hokages take challenges or something, or are they in office for life, or until they wish to relinquish it? If it was the first case, I can imagine Danzo challenging the position more than once.

Kraco
Thu, 07-10-2008, 03:00 AM
When Tsunade was selected, wasn't it the geezers who did the selection? It seems to me someone is proposed for the position by the council and if the person is willing, a new hokage is appointed. I guess a person could also make himself available when the selection time approaches and if he's qualified, they might select him.

NM
Thu, 07-10-2008, 08:13 AM
The elders actually picked Jiraiya to be the new Hokage if you remember. But Jiraiya didn't want to do it and he suggested that Tsunade would be a better choice.

Kraco
Thu, 07-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Ah... You are right. I had totally forgotten that detail. But indeed that is why Jiraiya was there looking for Tsunade in the first place, yes.

Archangel
Thu, 07-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Well they did agree that Tsunade would make a better Hokage than Jiraya but seeing that they didn't know her current location they went with him first.

Kraco
Thu, 07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Which actually proves they aren't much of ninja anymore. If they were awesome ninja, like the Third, they wouldn't have doubted they could find Tsunade. But since they are just old geezers now, they thought: "Nah, Tsunade never visit the village anymore, and thus to find her, we would need to leave the village... Oh noes! Leave the village! No way with this arthritis. Let's take the old pervert Jiraiya."

Kusanagi
Thu, 07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I really have no way to confirm this but I think that this filler arc is written by the same people who did the Naruto movies. And I say that based off the fact that the bad guys are just a small group of renegades who maul right over the peon masses sent to stop them without even blinking.

The other fillers didn't seem to have bad guys which had that quality.

Archangel
Thu, 07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh noes! Leave the village! No way with this arthritis."

Thx for the lol Kraco xD