PDA

View Full Version : Game: Shin Megami Tensei Games

Pages : [1] 2

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Atlus just announced today, at AnimExpo, they will be releasing Persona 4 stateside this coming December 9th, 2008. Just a mere 5 months after the Japanese release (which happens to be in several days, July 10).

Here is the email they sent to Atlus Faitful

Persona 4 is coming to North America.

It will be in stores THIS holiday season, December 9th, in a deluxe 2-disc release. Each and every copy of Persona 4 will include a soundtrack CD with select music from the game.

Persona 4. December 9th. Only $39.99. Mark your calendars.

Experience a thrilling murder mystery RPG set in the Japanese countryside. A mysterious chain of deaths remains unanswered and only you and your team of gifted supernatural sleuths can uncover the truth.
Develop strong friendships to aid you in battle, take direct control of your party in combat, acquire and fuse Personas, craft weapons, sign up for part-time jobs... You'll never be short of something to do in Persona 4.

Some screenshots from the Japanese version:
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4_1b.jpg
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4_2c.jpg
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4_3b.jpg
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4_4b.jpg
http://www.atlus.com/res/P4PromoCvrDiscs415.jpg

EDIT:
Teaser trailer from Atlus Faithful up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10pqWZPhiU

Official NA site up:
http://www.atlus.com/persona4/

Paulyboy
Sun, 07-06-2008, 12:53 AM
I just hope they make the combat system a bit crazier.

animus
Sun, 07-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Is the dating sim still in this game? Honestly, the females don't have the appeal they had in the 3rd game ie Mitsuru, etc.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Its still there... and this time you can choose between if a girl becomes just a friend or a lover... plus some SLink will allow you to choose between characters...
Remember how despite what sport you choose Kazushi was there? This time, you will get different characters depending on the sport.

And about the girls... I give you, Rise.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Singer_Yuna/080606pers01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Singer_Yuna/080606pers02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Singer_Yuna/080606pers05.jpg

Oh... btw... Chihiro from Persona 3 has been confirmed to appear when the new Main Character and his team visit Gekkoukan High

animus
Sun, 07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
She's ok I guess, but I meant in the respect of Mitsuru where a girl was drop-dead beautiful/gorgeous. The majority of these new girls are just "cute", imo.

Archangel
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:07 PM
*Drools*

This will be for ps2 right? Pls tell me it will be!!

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Indeed. PS2 only. What until a few months ago (prior to the announcement of the japanese version) was given to P3FES, the title of the Last Great PS2 RPG game, is now being handed to P4, despite it has not released even in Japan.

Archangel
Mon, 07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
It's amazing how the Ps2 is still selling so well, it really is the best console of its generation no doubt about it.

Intangir
Wed, 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah!!!

And to think that I still have to finish P3 FES before playing Persona 4. Geez...

And about the female characters, I prefer cute girls over gorgeous type females.

Archangel
Wed, 07-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh yeah!!!

And to think that I still have to finish P3 FES before playing Persona 4. Geez...

And about the female characters, I prefer cute girls over gorgeous type females.

Same here

And maybe they'll do us a favor and just get rid of the male SOul Links :p

Junior
Wed, 07-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Heeeeeellllllloooooooooo Rise! =0

I'm looking forward to this game. And it's amazing music.

I can't wait to hear the opening theme.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Heeeeeellllllloooooooooo Rise! =0

I'm looking forward to this game. And it's amazing music.

I can't wait to hear the opening theme.

You can preview it on the promotional trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10pqWZPhiU

Its called something around 'Living our lives' or something like that.

Well... I just decided 'how' to spend my gaming time until Persona 4 arrives...
Im buying Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 and Devil Summoner... screw the NDS, PSP, Wii and PS3...

BTW...
Rise's Arcana is 'The Lovers'

Junior
Fri, 12-19-2008, 05:59 AM
*revives*

It's been released. Anyone buy it yet? Details please?

I need to wait for the PAL version...D:

kenren
Fri, 12-19-2008, 06:59 AM
The english version is finally out :)
It's a good thing that it came out during December (holidays!). I'll be getting it tomorrow for sure. :)

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-19-2008, 10:05 AM
My copy is still on the mail.
Had to get it through a friend in USA so I could get the ArtBook, 2nd OST, Calendar, Shirt and Kuma/Teddie Plushie.

Hopefully it will arrive before my vacations end.

animus
Fri, 12-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Still need to pick this up, but I spent so much already. Bah!

fireheart
Fri, 12-19-2008, 02:53 PM
It's a lot of fun, all in all it's the same as P3 not much have changed. It's more down to earth like a murder mystery case so far instead of the whole deal with the dark hour etc that the third game had. The whole exploring a persons fears and facing them is quite nice but maybe it's just me but the end process is somewhat meh since most are the same. All in all if you liked P3 you'll like this game.

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-31-2008, 02:52 PM
My game arrived today, alongside my Social Link Expansion pack.

Nice way to end the year :D

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 01:06 AM

So i guess we wont be seeing you around here for a while. That and you're soon to add another fanservice girl to your location profile lol

TheBladeChild
Thu, 01-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Lol my christmas present to my self was to buy Persona 3 fes and Persona 4 for myself

Junior
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:09 AM

Social Link Expansion pack?

...man, I hate you right now. I wouldn't mind having a Teddie Plushie. D:

That and you're soon to add another fanservice girl to your location profile lol

Blasphemy. Chie isn't fanservice.

And Blade, you gave yourself an excellent present.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Archie:
Fanservice? No
Yet you miss Rise and Chie already there.

Blade:
Go play em

Junior:
Since Amazon didn't deliver them to Mexico a friend bought it for me, but the game (with the preorder artbook) and the social expansion pack costed me about 105 dollars total with both shipments.

Junior
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:48 PM
That's not...too bad...but then again, it's an expansion pack. So it's worth that money.

So...gonna take pics of that Teddie plushie? =) And the shirt...>_> I'm curious.

...I'm so jealous you get the artwork.

animus
Fri, 01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Planning to get this within the week.

Question, for those of you who have it, does this work well on the MGS4 80gb PS3 bundle?

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
The tshirt sucks bigtime... not the desing... but the size. XL Shirt when I mostly use M... damn them.

I'll take pictures later at home.

Oh yeah... I just lost a 9 hour save file of Persona 4, damn PS3 has a bug with it...

On superfastforward I managed to return to the same place in about 4 hours, skipping all dialogue. And to be safe I now have 4 different save files...

EDIT:
Animus, I just wrote about it. Savefiles CAN be lost, so be sure to have extra.

animus
Fri, 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
But the game is emulated perfectly besides the saves? No slowdowns or anything lame like that?

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-02-2009, 12:06 PM
That is correct.

Everything runs smoothly. The first time you get to 'explore' the game seems to slowdown and speedup a bit, but its supposed to be that way since its a dream sequence. Actual dungeons move smoothly.

No sound problem either. I would notice if they had. My TV's speakers nearly broke my eardrums with the Naruto Ultimate Ninja sound glitch, so no problem there.

So yeah... just keep multiple saves on multiple virtual memory cards in case your PS3 decides to wipe out a save after a reset of the game. I have 4 save files on 4 virtual memory cards.

My PS2 is kinda on vacation so I need to keep those extra save files.

EDIT:
LOL... someone neg repped me because I said I use M shirts... I used to use L shirts, but then again I recently lost 12kg with my intestine problems.

Junior
Mon, 01-05-2009, 12:40 PM
So RZ, how are you finding the game? =) (and don't forget those pictures)

And that savefile thing...you made me worried. I better back my stuff up.

I've been watching P4 videos on youtube from Master LL this afternoon. The voice acting it really good. Teddie is just...lol. XD But I've taken a serious liking to Kanji, Naota, Yosuke and Rise. I wish Chie's voice was a bit higher.

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I've passed the first 2 months already. Completely amazing.

The Dungeons are so much better than Tartarus (which I did like). The new Social Link interaction is amazing... and I LOL when my character doesn't have enough courage to ask a girl out... lolz... better up those stats.

Voice Acting I like it a lot. I LOL everytime I hear Teddie... and it doesn't help Im always thinking of .hack//GU's Gaspard.

Photos... soon.

I lost a 17hour save file yesterday. Thankfully I learnt my mistake the first time and I had 3 other backups.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Im still finishing up FES but ill make sure to get this after i do.

Btw, im loving the euphemisms when you max out the links with the girls

"You and random spend an intimate moment together"

"You and random have a special time together"

Junior
Tue, 01-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Tsk tsk tsk. Shame on you Archie! XD

It appears it hints more at sex in P4.

The Dungeons are so much better than Tartarus (which I did like). The new Social Link interaction is amazing... and I LOL when my character doesn't have enough courage to ask a girl out... lolz... better up those stats.

Wow...now you need courage for more girls? In P3, wasn't it just Fuuka and Yoko?

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
More like asking them... its that you can't give the best answer if you lack courage, understanding, expression, knowledge or diligence.

For example you can't ask Chie's phone number straight out if you lack courage, or you can't invite Eri if you lack courage, nor speak at certain level to any friend, even male friends, if you lack understanding (for their issues) etc. I mean... P4 practically makes you up your stats for anyone, whereas P3 was mostly for Yukari, Fuuka and Mitsuru.

Junior
Tue, 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Wow...that's so...realistic.

So you have 5 stats now? Harder to max, but sounds like a good challenge.

Who's your favourite characters so far, RZ? Encountered Rise yet? =)

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Im finding Yukiko to be more interesting that I thought she was going to be. I thought she was going to be another Mitsuru.
Chie is great.

Of the other social links I've found, I found Eri's interesting, mostly because of how it began.

Rise hasn't appeared yet. Without counting the soda add at the start I mean. I hope for her to appear soon though.

Ah! Another thing I liked. When you finish a dungeon, another new and more powerful shadow takes the 'throne', that is, the last level, of the dungeon. So you must return again.

And the quests are this time given by ANY NPC, so you must speak with them all again and again. I remember ignoring them all on P3 after speaking just once with them. The speech bubbles change every 1 or 2 weeks as well.

Im trying to not spoil much things btw... I already deleted some things, lolz.

Oh yeah... 3rd save file lost yesterday at 23 hours. The other 3 remained safe.

Archangel
Tue, 01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow...now you need courage for more girls?

Only a girl would ask such a question.

I bet it's nice just sitting there while we have to make the first move :p

/off topicness

Is the velvet room still there in persona 4? That old dude rocks lol, he's so creepy.

I'm at the part where there's a month left to fight Nyx, looks like i wont be able to max out Yukari but i might get the chance with Mitsuru.

I'll have to youtube the ending for her i guess

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I kinda played Persona 3 by myself the first time around. Then I used a max social link guide on the 4th walkthrough to see it all. The only thing I didn't do was fight Elizabeth.

And yes, the Velvet Room and Igor are back on Persona 4, yet this time the Velvet Room ain't an elevator, but a Pimp Limousine. Elizabeth's older sister took her place as well. Her name is Margaret.

Junior
Wed, 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Only a girl would ask such a question.

I bet it's nice just sitting there while we have to make the first move :p

/off topicness

Is the velvet room still there in persona 4? That old dude rocks lol, he's so creepy.

I'm at the part where there's a month left to fight Nyx, looks like i wont be able to max out Yukari but i might get the chance with Mitsuru.

I'll have to youtube the ending for her i guess

*pats Archie* There there....=)

I love the Limosine look for Igor. XD It's such a nice change. I'm really looking forward to P4.
RZ, P4 sounds more and more interesting. Keep us informed of your journey! D: I want to know about the social links and gameplay and everything! (Coming straight from someone as opposed to a review)

I bet you can't wait for Rise? =) And Margaret is very beautiful. Like her sister.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Rise just appeared yesterday before I turned off the PS3 (it was midnight mind you). So I look forward to play through today.

I like a lot the fact that your teammates are ALL Social Links this time around as well. It gives more realism.

One of the wierdiest Social Links I've found is the Hermit. Its a Fox who gives you quests. THATS his Social Link to pass his quests. Kinda new in the social link front.

Im playing alone this time, no guides, so I want to see how many links I can max by the end. After that I'll replay with a max social link guide to see it all.

I like the fact that if it rains all the people on the streets dissapear, that soccer club is canceled or that you can't go out with some of your friends.

And oh yeah... its creepy what things Souji (main character... Seta Souji) can dream... because you dream sometimes (just text mind you)

Junior
Wed, 01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow, you can dream now?! Realistic.

This game sounds way more detailed that P3. I'm surprised they fitted it all on PS2. That, and the FMV scenes are way better. P3 was kinda...average.

Friends cancelling...soccer cancelled...way too realistic. XD

RZ! Share one of your dreams with me? I must know. D:

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
In game right :P?

Cause my real mind is messed up. But you knew that already.

One of the dreams was comforting Chie... another was running from Chie... lol... then one comforting Yosuke... err... and even one of meeting Ai (the girl that asked you to skip classes with her)

I want this game:
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/megten/devilsurvivor/propaganda/devilsurvivorpropaganda010709-1.html)

Archangel
Wed, 01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Is that for psp?

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Its for NDS.

There's a rumor the original Persona will be released on PSP. Keep in mind though that the original Persona and the TWO Persona 2 games are 100% different from P3 and P4

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM
In game right :P?

Cause my real mind is messed up. But you knew that already.

One of the dreams was comforting Chie... another was running from Chie... lol... then one comforting Yosuke... err... and even one of meeting Ai (the girl that asked you to skip classes with her)

I want this game:
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/megten/devilsurvivor/propaganda/devilsurvivorpropaganda010709-1.html)

drtute48teghe458 messed up, so I won't intrude there. XD

You're making me more and more anxious to get this game. You're even entertained when you sleep! =o

Hey, what's that game about? The main guy looks creepy.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:12 AM
The end of the world as usual. Lol. I think. Dunno really. Its a Megami Tensei game... so its worth it.

I just reached Rise's dungeon and wow... o_O... its a... strip club. And the music XD...

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I saw videos.

Rise's shadow is such a whore. XDD I was really surprised. No wonder the rating is high.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I haven't seen her shadow. Probably today or tomorrow. But seriously... dungeon crawling on P4 beats P3's tartarus.

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Stop bragging. D: but good to hear.

In FES, the whole Abyss of time set-up was so similar to Tartarus, I got bored out of my skull levelling up.

...Good to see something new.

Oh, do you like Chie's voice?

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Chie's voice... its kinda annoying at first. But you get used to it. And it seems her VA had a rough time at first but then became better.

BTW... why must Rise's PVC look not good
http://www.earlbox6.sakura.ne.jp/ph/081221ar2.jpg

while Yukiko's look great? I don't like Yukiko that much...
http://www.nekomagic.com/figure_news/200812/atlus_amagi_yukiko09.jpg
http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=1376

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I think she's a first timer.

Whoa...major difference in quality! Maybe a better Rise figure will be released? That one looks so...tacky.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah... I hope they do release a better Rise... since I couldn't get my Yukari model, since they preferred to release TWO Aigis, TWO Mitsuru, Elizabeth and Metis *glares at them* instead of releasing a Yukari one... I hope I at least can get a Rise one...

I still have hope someone will release an Alkaid one from dot hack.... oh well... back to 'work'

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Wait...Yukari was never released?! Oh...is owning a model really that awesome? I've always wondered why people love them.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Well... I can't speak for anyone else. But I do like them. They are made very realistic, plus I like seeing them on my shelves... lol. I have a Kallen (Geass), a Mikoto (Index), about 14 of One Piece. All this above the 20cm tall. Then I got 3 from hack (BlackRose, Subaru and Haseo) of about 15 cm, alongisde 6 Child One Piece of also 15 cm. Plus 100+ of Naruto 8~10cm and 8 of Bleach. Have bought them through the last 4 to 5 years.

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Didn't they cost a fortune?! I've seen figures here and they're sooooo expensive...
But Yukiko looks like high quality.

And I'm loving your Yukari sig.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 11:53 AM
8~10 Naruto figures cost only 30dlls. The 20+cm models cost between 40 and 50 dlls. They aren't cheap. But I only get those I like. And well... I've bought them through the years, so yeah...

Which is both Yukari sigs? I have two. Lolz.

That Yukiko seems to cost 80 dlls though...

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
80? For a doll? Man, that's crazy...

Then again, it's art. So I guess you can expect to pay big money.
(Your sig keeps changing. Dx But both of them I like.)

oh, a quick question. Yosuke's shadow...do you fight it alone?

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Correct.
1st Boss battle in the game.

Unlike the 1st Shadow that Minato encounters in P3, which was just an animated sequence, Souji gets to fight Shadow Yosuke all by himself.

3rd battle in the game actually.

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Oooh, can't wait for the action.

I've been thinking about the social links...they played a massive role in P3. Especially near the end. (I've always wondered what would happen if you never maxed anyone. Do you die? o_o)

Anyway, I wonder what role they'll play in P4. (Other than to fuse the strong personas)

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Well... since I spoiled myself a bit when it was released in Japan... (which I then totally ignored...)... max social link with teammates makes their Persona evolve... instead of making them go through it through the storyline. Dunno the rest though.

I'll find in about 60 hours more... lol.

Junior
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, talk about more work now. (SPEED THROUGH THOSE HOURS. SPEED)

oh btw, are there more FMV scenes now?

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Haven't seen much of them actually. Just the opening movie, 1st murder and 1st Persona summon.

TheBladeChild
Sat, 01-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Jeez you guys seem way ahead of me, with school starting to heat up, iv got only the weekends to play and not even the whole weekend -.-

Anyway for the past few weeks iv been playing a lot of P3 and since i already know the ending thx to my friend(dam him). I decided to start P4, I just barely beat yukiko's shadow and am still getting used to the new system compared to P3's system. Lol 5 attributes and now the weather to worry about, things have gotten a lot more complicated now that I have to worry about not only the day of the week but also the weather, though I admit it makes lvling social links more interesting. What I really like about the new system is how you can raise attributes during interactions with your social links.

Edit:Any P3 or P4 fans out there with photoshop skills? I wouldnt mind a new sig/avatar, though now that I think about it, it will be hard for me to part with my current ones.

Archangel
Sat, 01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX

Almost an hour trying to kill the bitch and i die when she has like 200 hp left !!!!

Screw this im just gonna watch the ending on youtube.

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Nyx killed you? For real? She's way to easy... what level were you? Level 60 is enough to kill her. That was the level I had when I defeated her on the normal version. On FES I arrived to her on level 90.

Want a though boss? Fight Elizabeth.

Im starting July on P4. Damn... fricking game can't stop amazing me. I am glad I skipped all those damn spoilers since last june when it was released in Japan.

Rise owns me.

Archangel
Sun, 01-11-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm level 81 and i fucking had my ass handed to me on the final stage.

I even have satan level 82 completely maxed out and i still failed miserably

Junior
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:39 AM
FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX FUCK THE NYX

Almost an hour trying to kill the bitch and i die when she has like 200 hp left !!!!

Screw this im just gonna watch the ending on youtube.

Yo, this Nyx is actually a guy. It's the avatar of Nyx.(Can you guess who? XD)
You see Nyx at the end.

Want a though boss? Fight Elizabeth.

She's even stronger than Nyx. Than NYX.

Crazy. Oh, and I had this fanart of Elizabeth fighting the FES boss in order to rescuce P3 MC.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/little_master_junior/d0a39f475ceeb84e0eba8d9a00971e2a.jpg

She'll obviously win. I'm putting it in a link because of spoilers. I don't want Archie to cry. :p

Oh, and here are a few comics I found. I love the Mitsuru one. MC's face is priceless.

Help me Mitsuru! D= (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/little_master_junior/84cb62045d91a1ee3234868e3ffdb3cd.jpg)
The truth about the Main Character (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/little_master_junior/sample-dfe8aebcbe8f00983e1c93553038.jpg)

The stance 1 (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/little_master_junior/a83666885199664f589330c007070b9c.gif)
The stance 2 (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/little_master_junior/6b12ec329f8ff9bf2e4f8f965999f5b0.gif)

The Mitsuru one cracks me up everytime.

Archangel
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
The truth about the Main Character (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/little_master_junior/sample-dfe8aebcbe8f00983e1c93553038.jpg)

Don't u have that in a bigger resolution? It looks funny but i cant read it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Elizabeth's fanart fighiting Erebus looks great.

Archie, here you go. All the 4Koma of P3. Just uploaded them.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wznyvigmnyz

Archangel
Sun, 01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I'd good rep you if i hadn't already for the RailGun mangas :D

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL
Just don't forget to comment on them.

My favorites are those featuring Oberon and those that mock Aikihiko's swimwear... or Junpei imitating Nemesis... or when all of them are waiting for Minato to come out of a long Persona fusion session... lol... I know I've done that...

Archangel
Sun, 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
You've done this too i bet :D

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/fakesmiles_/Persona%203/86a7463d99de11a1fcb485b7a82a812e.jpg

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
LOL... already have that one... I mean...

8-bit P4 Dungeon is awesome XD

Junior
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Don't u have that in a bigger resolution? It looks funny but i cant read it.

*falls over*

I...I completely forgot Photobucket tends to resize things!

Oh wow RZ, thanks for those comics. XD

OROBAS!

Oh hey, Archie, I've seen fanart like that, except he was lifting up Elizabeth's dress. She's quite popular.

Archangel
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM
I loled so hard when he did Elizabeth...

This guy is a pussy magnet !!!

Btw what happens if you say no when she asks you to do it? She rapes you?

Junior
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Go replay and save before you take her out the last time. XD I wanna know.

But really, saying no to Elizabeth?

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
I would.

But how can I say no to Yukari and Rise?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm playing P4 right now, and I have to say Naoto is my favorite. I rally like Rise's character design, but I loath the idol bimbo voice that she has.

@RZ - I just noticed your profile location. Being "In Harem with a, b, and c" means that you are part of the harem, instead of having such a harem, right?

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Semantics, Syntaxis, whatever. Its not 'part of', but rather 'location' with a bit of 'alongside'

A fact I totally like is that the 'sun light' every day is different, giving you the idea that you are leaving school at different hours, whereas in P3 small details only changed after a season changed.

Just begun August.

Junior
Wed, 01-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm playing P4 right now, and I have to say Naoto is my favorite. I rally like Rise's character design, but I loath the idol bimbo voice that she has.

Laura Bailey did a good job. I thought her voice was better than Rie's (in this case, not general.)

It appears Megami Tensei has favourites regarding voice actors. Yuri, Wendee Lee and Amanda have done voices in Digital Devil Saga as well.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 01-15-2009, 05:51 AM
This is kinda cool that a lot of us are playing the same game, unfortunately for me im quite behind, havent even picked it up since last weekend. I play a bit of it this weekend, but i will probably have quite a bit to do schoolwise so i guess ill just play as much as i can when i can.

animus
Thu, 01-15-2009, 08:21 AM
This is kinda cool that a lot of us are playing the same game, unfortunately for me im quite behind, havent even picked it up since last weekend. I play a bit of it this weekend, but i will probably have quite a bit to do schoolwise so i guess ill just play as much as i can when i can.

I haven't even gotten the game yet. I might get to it eventually after like a year after everyone else finishes :(

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
On ebay I guess. Remember Animus that all Shin Megami Tensei games tend to be become rare and out of print about 5 months after release.

I didn't play much yesterday... I was watching Resident Evil Degeneration and seeking info on .hack//LINK

Archangel
Thu, 01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I haven't even gotten the game yet. I might get to it eventually after like a year after everyone else finishes :(

Everyone else being Zell and Junior?

Lol ill join u in discussion when u get it dude, im still doing FES.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Persona (the first one) seems will be ported to the PSP. Do consider that Persona and Persona 2 have completely different gameplay to P3 and P4 (no daily life sim, no social links, etc)

Link:
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1943/200901158d0da7342a6f899ad4.jpg

Its ONLY on text though. Above it says: "Persona PSP"

Damn...
With Final Fantasy Dissidia, Kingdom Heart Birth by Sleep, .hack//LINK and now Persona... I am completely glad I bought a PSP to play Jeanne D'Arc, Crisis Core and Star Ocean.

Archangel
Thu, 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Jeanne D'Arc was awesome

Star Ocean was a total let down

/OffTopic

Is it me or is The answer incredibly boring ... -_-

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-15-2009, 10:00 PM
It isn't you. It IS boring. The only good things of The Answer are the cutscenes and the ending... but dungeon crawling is a complete pain without what made P3 great. I played through it all to see every cutscene, but never again.

Archangel
Thu, 01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
It isn't you. It IS boring. The only good things of The Answer are the cutscenes and the ending... but dungeon crawling is a complete pain without what made P3 great. I played through it all to see every cutscene, but never again.

...youtube?

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-15-2009, 10:50 PM
nah. play it. The final boss fight is worth it. and the character's pasts are good.

btw... I hate Aigis

animus
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
My favorite was always Mitsuru. What're the new girl's persoanlity's like?

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-22-2009, 09:47 AM
The P4 crew visiting Gekkoukan High and several other P3 locations was awesome.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Hehe apparently im about to make it to that part soon. I hope it will be interesting.

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Im currently on the last dungeon. About 3 more hours to see the "Ending". I failed to max 4 social links out of the 20. Margaret, Tutor Work, Young Mother and Saki's Brother.

I also screwed up and didn't see the Christmas Event because I went to the Midnight Channel that day. Damn.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh shyt I just realized i havent even opened up Kanji's social link or that old lady from the hospital yet.

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-27-2009, 10:14 PM
It ain't Persona... but the new Devil Summoner has been announced for an American Release. Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzonoha vs the Abbadon King.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/devsum22.jpg

TheBladeChild
Tue, 01-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Link doesnt work

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Fixed link.

In Persona 4 related matters... Izanami no Ookami just kicked my ass yesterday night...

EDIT 12 hours later:

I've finished the game. I clocked 101 hours, 65% of personas, maxed 16 out of 20 Social links and saw 4 out of 10 endings.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Persona PSP confirmed

http://kotaku.com/5145953/atlus-bringing-persona-and-growlanser-to-psp

RyougaZell
Fri, 02-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor has been announced for a June 23 Release on NDS

http://www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor/

http://ds.atlusnet.jp/special/wallpaper.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/devilsurvivor_boxart_small_stroke.jpg

Archangel
Sat, 02-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Is that the MC from persona 3? And Yukari? O_o

RyougaZell
Sat, 02-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Nop. A new MC and the girl is named Yuzu.

Basic story... Tokyo got full of demons so the government sealed it off leaving the characters trapped, who must use the power of demons they contract with to save themselves. Always a happy SMT story. LOL.

Go watch the trailer in one of the links I gave for more info on who is who.

fireheart
Sun, 02-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Finally finished the game with the true ending, ahh now to play through it once more. All in all a good game, just to bad I didn't like the dungeon crawling parts of the game, usually ended up wanting to leave the tv world so I could work on the social links instead.

Animus: Were do you live? Because if you live in Europe like me then it'll be out next month according to a gaming magazine, so not that far off.

RyougaZell
Sun, 02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
I wanted to do that. But I returned to Nocturne. After leaving it half-way to play Persona 4, now Im entering the last dungeon.

Dungeon crawling in P4 is way better than in P3, but getting money is a pain.

fireheart
Sun, 02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
It was ok in P3 in my opinion, for some reason I was more ok with it there than here. It might have something to do with the fact that it's not as easy to sneak up on the shadows in P4. Also money and lvl grinding was easier in P3 not to mention the fact that both Yukiko and Kanji kicked my ass horribly the first time, was severely under leveled when I fought them.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Its not that hard to get money, just make sure to level the fox s.link asap and sp restoration wont cost that much.

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't use the fox more than 10 times through all the playthrough. I kept recovering SP myself through abilities on Souji (MC) while the others just used magic the less I could.

I miss those recovering sp badges from P3... I know they are on P4, but I never found one or enough materials for the blacksmith to make it.

Im going through Nocturne right now. I just got my Level 80 Pixie, but left her outside the party. My main party right now is Naoki (MC), Dante (Devil May Cry), Daisoujou and Wu Kong. I wanted to get Black Frost, but I don't have enough luck to find his Burial Chamber yet.

fireheart
Tue, 02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
bladechild: True it's not that hard to get money but it is harder than in P3, also I blow most of my money on equipment and summoning personas for different reasons, usually for fusing. And when that happens most of my money just go bye bye. The fox didn't get that much money out of me.

Ryo: Ahh I stopped playing that game after awhile, don't know have a hard time with the system and couldn't really get into it. Thinking about getting it again but don't know...

Couple of things I don't like in the new game plus.

- You don't get to keep any equipment. Ok fine if I don't get to keep weapons and armors but at least let me keep my accessory... I want my sp + 50% ring back...

- Unlike P3 the level doesn't carry over... well actually that's fine but felt weird since it didn't work that way in the last game.

- My own mistake on this really but since you start at level 1 as if you started the game from scratch the idea to summon a high level persona didn't seem possible so didn't try until some time later and that's when I realize... it worked. Also somewhat angry at myself that I didn't register the personas that I used at the end of the game... dammit.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-11-2009, 12:14 AM
The only thing I regret of not doing a new game plus on P3 and P4 is fighting Elizabeth, Margareth, The Reaper (P4) and getting Izanagi no Okami.

I actually HATE that your social links are carried over. What's the point of that? Getting your personal stats and seeing the links is like 50% of the point of the game.

Screw Margaret and Izanagi no Okami. If I replay did I do it from scratch.

BTW... Im just about several hundred levels before the last boss of Nocturne... yes... several hundred... Im already on floor 440.

When I finish Nocture I'll probably finish Disgaea 3 and debate whether to start SMT: Digital Devil Saga, Devll Summoner or leave SMT for a while and play Valkyria Chronicles... damn back log of games...

fireheart
Thu, 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Never fought against Elizabeth either, was going to but somehow it just never happened.

What? The only things that carried over was the item you get at the end when you max the social link, if you want to do the social link again that's not a problem since I redid everyone except for the clubs, picked the other club instead.

Played until august or september then I went over and played Valkyrie Chronicles... it's been gathering to much dust so better finish it. Also on another side note banzai for 3 hours sleep the last 48 hours... yay.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
3 hours? I hope not from work or school.

But your stats are carried over. Courage, Inteligence etc. Its fun getting them as well (for me at least). The only thing I've would want to see with top stats is Chie's reaction for when you ask her phone. 1st playthrough makes asking her boldly impossible.

On Nocturne news... Lucifer is freaking damn hard!!! He kicked my ass at Level 85. My party is Naoki, Dante, Wu Kong and Daisojou (which can be changed for my Level 80 Pixie). Clotho, Odin and my order Perso... err... demons are useless here (or are under-leveled)

fireheart
Thu, 02-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Actually it's just because I couldn't sleep... stupid I know.

Yeah those does carry over but for me it's not such a big deal because I just want to do every social link I didn't do on the first play through so it goes a lot faster this way. Ohh and to see the normal ending as well and get Izanagi no Okami and maybe just maybe try and get 100% completion on the persona compendium.

No comments on nocturn or Lucifer call as it's called here I think, never did finish it. Think I stopped playing around some kind of sewer... or maybe my memories just wrong

Edit: Completely offtopic but, do you manually change your sig everytime or does it just rotate by itself?

RyougaZell
Sun, 02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I have a randomizer. A-randomimage.net changes it.

On SMT news... I finally defeated Lucifer and got the True Demon Ending. Since I don't plan on replaying Nocturne soon I watched the other endings on YouTube.

And... I began SMT: Digital Devil Saga today. I tried to return to Disgaea 3, but got bored.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Shin Megami Tensei Persona for PSP has been announced for a Fall release on the States

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3149

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Persona Eater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax_MfTab3A

Personagelion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLbpsxTLeGg

Persona 3 Daioh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxAoB-odW0

Persona 4 Daioh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEOZEGrHU3c&feature=related

Dunno this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCQD-oRpNBk&feature=related

Archangel
Sun, 03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Haha the eva video was awesome

TheBladeChild
Sun, 03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Persona 4 Daioh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEOZEGrHU3c&feature=related

Dunno this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCQD-oRpNBk&feature=related

HAHAHA, 1:12-1:15 of the Persona 4 Daioh was halarious. The last one is from another anime called High school girls I believe. Heres the original ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCRIotUeqg&feature=related

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Newbies to RPGs and especially Persona try an 'Endurance Run' to see just how long they can go before they die. Their narration is simply hilarious. Good thing to see when you have nothing to do at the office (just don't tell my boss...)

http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-persona-4-part-01/17-219/

TheBladeChild
Wed, 03-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Dude these guys are funny hehe.

animus
Tue, 03-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Got the game 2 days ago. Been playing it a bit.

Got to Yukiko's dungeon, and tried to complete it on the first day I could access it, and I got owned as I tried to fight Shadow Yukiko at level 10. My characters were basically all outta SP, and I was out of items :(

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Shadow Yukiko... I couldn't defeat her until I was about Level 17.
But you can beat her at Level 13 if you have the right Persona and the right Skills.

Suggestion: Buy TaP Sodas. At that point of the story, they are the cheapest way to recover SP outside battle.

animus
Tue, 03-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Where do I buy them?

Been playing on my PS3, and the lack of text in the lower left hand box, can be a bit annoying.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Ah yes... I never noticed that certain 'bug' until I saw the game running on a PS2.

The sodas are besides Shiroku, the item store, on a Soda Dispenser.

BTW.
For the love of Persona... KEEP MULTIPLE SAVE FILES ON MULTIPLE VIRTUAL CARDS!!!

I still remember beating Shadow Yukiko... saving... leaving for the day... just to return the next day and find my save gone.

animus
Tue, 03-24-2009, 07:06 AM
For some reason Persona 4 won't let me save in my virtual PS3 slot 2, only slot 1. I hope I'm not the only one who can't change it.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-24-2009, 08:15 AM
You can't.
Create a second, third and even fourth PS2 memory card.
Then after saving, press the PS button and go to the assign slot menu. There you will change what virtual card you are using. Save again.

believe me, my first lost save had 9 hours. I even lost one with 90 hours (I had backups thankfully)

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
The game says right in the manual that Persona 4 only uses Slot 1.

FYI.

Guess I should be glad I'm playing it on a PS2.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Correct. That is why you must 'trick' the game while changing which virtual memory card is on the virtual slot 1, in order to not have save problems.

I want to replay Persona 4... but I just begun Digital Devil Saga... and still have many other games on the queue... hmmm...

animus
Tue, 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
I never read the game manuals, haha.

Anyways... The usual SMT stuff kinda annoys me. MC death is instant game over, is really annoying. I don't think I'll ever like that, especially with random insta-death spells. Lost like an hour and a half of progress today while I was on like the third floor of Kanji's bathhouse dungeon (lol), since I was just grinding on the first two levels for awhile.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Digital Devil Saga interestingly lacks that. If Serph dies the games doesn't end. And Hama and Mudo skills aren't insta-kill.

But yes, they are annoying in Persona 3 and 4. I usually just got a good Persona who has Nul against one and equipo an Item that nullifies the other.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 03-30-2009, 04:14 AM
Im on my road to the perfect ending today, I could have gone with the normal one but I wanted to go all the way in the first play through. As expected I wasnt able to max all the social links: Saki, Mom, Ayane, Kanji. Whatever, I still had a great ride along the way. I still plan to play through again, perfecting and getting the ultimate persona. I got about 67% of all the persona.

Hope eventually they come out with a Persona 5 but fat chance it will be on the PS2. Oh well I guess I'll have to get off my ass and finally buy a PS3 T_T

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Ayane? Ah... the music girl. I went with Drama.
I also failed to max the Mom and Saki, but I did get Kanji and Yumi (Drama). Also failed to finish Tutored boy and Ditz-girl (Margaret)

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Well... I gave in and re-played Persona 4. Finished it yesterday... all social links maxed out this time and 87% of the Persona. I just need to fight the Reaper and Margaret now... but I hate new game plus in this games...

Oh and...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_personapsp_glamourshot_faithful.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/personapsp_glamourshot_faithful.jpg)
Click to enlarge

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 03:16 PM
September is gonna be a good month for the psp indeed...

Archangel
Thu, 06-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh look, another internet rebel

Archangel
Tue, 07-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Triple post for the win... someone delete the last 2 please. I'd edit, but in a thread this old no one would notice and i have some questions

- Can you only have sex with 1 girl?

- What does new game+ leave you with?

- Is the 3000 yen meal worth it?

- Can you leave your house at night?

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Triple post for the win... someone delete the last 2 please. I'd edit, but in a thread this old no one would notice and i have some questions

- Can you only have sex with 1 girl?

- What does new game+ leave you with?

- Is the 3000 yen meal worth it?

- Can you leave your house at night?

1) Implied? Yes. One at a time? Yes. Multiple girfriends? Yes

2) Your stats and compendium. Boring. Only worth if you want to fight 2 secret bosses

3) YES. It raises several stats at the same time.

4) Soon.

SMT: Devil Survivor is awesome...

Archangel
Wed, 07-15-2009, 01:04 AM
So no items or money or personas??? Well that sucks >_>

But we keep our level right? That should at least make the first fights easier

- Is there a calendar somewhere? So we know when the tests begin

- What happened to the double summoning feature from P3? The one you got with Angel and Archangel, Frost and Pyro Jack, etc.

- What's the best way to up diligence?

- So you can "become intimate" with all of them? Then what's with that warning saying you're already in a relationship?

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-15-2009, 07:12 AM
No items, you need to sell them.
You keep your 12 slots of Personas, but you must re-summon them from the Compendium. You will not have level restriction though. Your money does pass though.

Nop. No Calendar... just weather report. Although you can see (but not check) a small P3 Calendar on Souji's (MC) room.

Double summoning is gone.

At first, Diligence is best to train with Sports... you will only really need it for Tower, later in the game, and for fishing. Just work on at night when you have everything else maxed.

Its just there to be annoying. It doesn't really do anything.

Archangel
Wed, 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Double summoning gone?? What the hell? Why would they remove such a cool feature?

So money passes... well then do you usually have a couple of mil by the end? That way you could buy a couple badasses right in the beginning and sweep the first levels

Idea for P5, if you don't carefully juggle the girls it may come back to bite you in the ass. Then again, that would make the mc an official manwhore...

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Actually... getting money is more difficult to get than on P3. You will not find it in chests... and you must sell junk. Lots of junk.

I like to think double summoning is a Minato-only technique (P3 MC) since Persona and P2 take place in an alternate universe.

fireheart
Wed, 07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah the double summoning was unique to Minato because of his relationship with Death if I don't remember wrong. Which is why Seta (Was that his name?) can't use it.

Wouldn't it be better to have just a giant Shin Megami Tensei thread? I always feel like I go offtopic when talking about the other SMT games. Anyway haven't gotten far on Devil Survivor I want to play but time restriction is kinda not helping and don't really feel like playing for ten minutes and putting it away. So haven't gotten past the first day...

Also finally ordered both Digital Devil Saga games so hoping that they arrive soon.

Archangel
Wed, 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Bah...

Minato > Seta

This guy needs something more than just the wild card to even begin to compare. Then again, hard competition when your opponent is some sort of demigod >_>

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah the double summoning was unique to Minato because of his relationship with Death if I don't remember wrong. Which is why Seta (Was that his name?) can't use it.

Wouldn't it be better to have just a giant Shin Megami Tensei thread? I always feel like I go offtopic when talking about the other SMT games. Anyway haven't gotten far on Devil Survivor I want to play but time restriction is kinda not helping and don't really feel like playing for ten minutes and putting it away. So haven't gotten past the first day...

Also finally ordered both Digital Devil Saga games so hoping that they arrive soon.

Im currently on the fourth day.
Haru and Yuzu rule.

And yes... Minato is better than Souji... but I like more the deeper relationship Souji has with his social links.

Archangel
Wed, 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Minato is the only better character really

Yusuke is like a Junpei upgrade, Yukiko a Mitsuru and Chie a Yukari

Meaning he's not an idiot, she's not too uptight, she's not so moody as is more of a free spirit

Also the whole other dark side view of their personalities makes us more connected to them in my opinion

Also the dungeon system is alot more interesting than Tartarus, both in design and in shadows

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I like both idiots... Yosuke and Junpei are fun to be around.

Mitsuru and Yukiko both bore me.

Chie is... Chie... I prefer Yukari, Naoto and Rise. A lot more.

Tartarus was nice, but a bit frustrating. The dungeon system of Tv World is way better though.

animus
Wed, 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
But MItsuru is so hot

Archangel
Wed, 07-15-2009, 11:03 PM
But MItsuru is so hot

Only in a dominatrix kind of way, and i'm more for the sweet and innocent type

I don't get it Zell, what's so great about Yukari? And who's Naoto?

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Only in a dominatrix kind of way, and i'm more for the sweet and innocent type

I don't get it Zell, what's so great about Yukari? And who's Naoto?

She's the most real girl in P3. Ever since the intro of the game I've liked her character anyway.

Naoto shall appear midway through P4

And lol... yes Mitsuru is a dominatrix... as shown by Penthesilea / Artemisa.

Archangel
Thu, 07-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Man, Kuma is annoying as hell in the dubbed version >_>

I'm glad i got the undubbed

I kind of want Rise to be real ...

fireheart
Thu, 07-16-2009, 04:30 AM
I though Kuma was more annoying in the undub than in the dubbed version truth be told.

Personalitywise I like the tomboyish way Chie is more, more fun to hang around with though that's more of a real life thing than what I like in games/series. Lookwise I'd probably have to go with Rise.

Zell: Around lunch time now on the second day. I like how you get the make a bunch of choices in the conversation instead of just listening and not talking compared to P3/4. It involves you a lot more even if there usually aren't that many choices and sometimes only one. Also like how you can't do everything in one go, there's a bunch of things I'm wondering over like all the places I didn't go to what happened there etc.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I actually found Kuma / Teddie to be a fantastic and fun character. And Im glad they kept off the 'Kuma' out of every sentence in the dub. I prefer lame bear jokes now and then, instead of hundred's of 'kuma'

Ah yes. Decisions, decisions. I like that from Devil Survivor. I keep looking for Haru and Gin though. I didn't get to play yesterday (was trying to kill Beelzebub at Devil Summoner), but I'll probably use the DS today for a bit.

fireheart
Thu, 07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't know Kuma/Teddie is fine but his bishouenen character in the real world was kinda annoying. If anything I liked him more as a bear than a human also all the kumas at the end wasn't so annoying but overall still liked the English one better for him.

Another reason why I like Chie might be because it's the same person that voiced Minorin in Toradora and seeing as I'm one of the few that actually liked Minorin it helps. If Eri Kitamura was in the game as well it would have been complete.

I haven't really decided which people I'm going to prioritize in the game or who I look for the most... though it'll probably come later on if nothing else.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Human Teddie was a dork. But it was fun to see him doing idiotic things. Like the Cross Dressing contest.

I also liked Minorin at Toradora. Didn't know she also voiced Chie. I haven't really followed the japanese voices of either Persona 3 or 4.

I hate Midori. And sadly... she's in my party...

Archangel
Fri, 07-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Haha i knew it!! The way she said "yay" always reminded me of Minorin too :)

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey teased!!

http://kotaku.com/5316768/and-atlus-accidentally-reveals-teased-title-doh

I wonder if this is the rumored SMT4 for PS3...

EDIT:

Just began Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Abaddon King.

Wow.

The game is fantastic. Its completely different from the first Raidou game.

And Im about to finish the 5th day on SMT: Devil Survivor...

fireheart
Mon, 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm kind of surprised no one posted the news. Anyway apparently there's been news about Persona 5 and that it's being made for PS3, though since I don't read japanese I don't really know.

Here's the link anyway (http://7rush-pc.net/news/2009/07/02/01.html)

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Because it ain't an official Atlus source.

It was the release of a new Pachinko machine based on Persona. They said that they hoped this machine, alongside an exclusive PS3 Persona 5 would increase the SMT franchise popularity.

Given that this was said by Taiyo Elec representatives, and not Atlus, we should take it with a grain of salt. We should probably wait to see the Tokyo Game Show to see if this is real or not.

But... I have my doubts.

Why? Because of the Announcement site for Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

Why would Atlus develop two SMT (spinoff or not) at the same time?

And I still want Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment in my PSP before a Persona 5 is announced...

fireheart
Tue, 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Ohh that explains it though I hope it's true, it'd be nice if they made one for the PS3. Though even with the announcement for SMT: Strange Journey it's not like it'd be the first time they develop several SMT games at the same time so it could be possible. Well only time will tell.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Well... it seems Persona 5 for PS3 is more likely now since Strange Journey is a DS game.

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4012

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Archangel
Wed, 07-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Where do you get the cash for all those games and collectibles Zell? You must have one hell of a steady job O_o ( jealous... )

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I mostly save money... lol.

Actually... I just entered my 4th year at the job. Ive passed through several areas though. I've been External Consultant, Junior Tester, Senior Tester and Process Implementator.

fireheart
Tue, 07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Trailer for Strange Journey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOQ3S2oZfNE&feature=related) and some gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIpBa5O3now&feature=related).

Anyway on day 3 now on devil survivor and I seriously regret giving Midori the comp...

darkshadow
Tue, 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought this comic was pretty funny:
http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26044.html

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Saw it in the morning.

It fails.

Archangel
Wed, 08-05-2009, 04:22 AM
Saw it in the morning.

It fails.

This .

fireheart
Thu, 08-06-2009, 05:28 PM
More news/rumors on Persona 5 (http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/06/shoji-meguro-is-apparently-the-producer-of-persona-5/)

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
With Strange Journey being an NDS game... I see a lot of chances of P5 being announced for PS3 this GamesCom... but I'll keep hoping for P2 EP and P2 IS for PSP

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I recently saw this video, in order to see the Japanes voices of the characters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfAnUgU5Qc&feature=related)... and most of them suck.

Yosuke's voice suck.
Chie's voice is horrible.
Yukiko's voice is crap.
Teddie's voice makes my ears bleed.

Kanji's voice is acceptable.
Naoto's is kinda... off... but good.
Nanako's is great.
Dojima's is awesome.
Rise's is excellent (Rie Kugimiya...)

Don't watch the video if you haven't beaten the game though. Its the 'normal' ending sequence.

fireheart
Tue, 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I thought most voices were ok other except for Teddie which I've mentioned before, think it also depends on what people are used to. I couldn't really stand the Japanese voices for the Tales of Abyss anime because I was so used to the English voices. And since I played the Japanese version of P4 before I played the English one I'd say I'm more fond of the Japanese voices.

Anyway News about P3 comming to the PSP (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m8d18-Persona-3-PSP-bound)

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Oh heck no!
I wanted P2...

I'll end up buying it anyway but... ugh...

EDIT:

Nevermind what I said. I want this NOW.

Two routes.
Minato with Orpheus
New Female lead with Female Orpheus (Eurydice?)
New scenes for Minato's Route
Option of setting all teammates to manual a la P4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/rbi5j5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/p3port.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/2dmf668.jpg

Guess I'll download the English Patch of P2 afterall...
and time to buy P2 EP for PSOne from ebay...

Archangel
Tue, 08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Milking the franchise for all it's worth i see

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-18-2009, 10:48 AM
A bit. Lol.
What I Like about Atlus is that they announce games when they are about to release. Not 6 years prior like SquareEnix.

Archangel
Tue, 08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Sounds like crappy marketing to me

Anticipation is half the sale

fireheart
Tue, 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Most people that really want them finds out about them pretty quick either way so for those that doesn't like waiting 3 years or so for the game it's good news. For me personally I tend to forget games that I thought were interesting when there's a long wait. So from a fans perspective less wait is better IMO also compared to other PS2 ports at least they add a bunch of stuff unlike Mana Khemia... though Disgaea did add stuff as well if I don't remember wrong meh whatever.

Also to be honest don't think Persona really hit that good here in Europe or at least not where I live. The game shops got in one ex of P3 and 2 of P4, which makes me kinda sad since they're good games.

So guess it's time to start dating some guys in P3... she looks alot more positive or happy compared to Minato. And thank god for the manual thing maybe now I can actually go back and finish Aegis Episode if it's the FES version, had a hard time playing it after P4. Wonder if it'll still be Aegis or if she'll be replaced with a male version as well.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
P3P will only include 'The Journey'
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/18/and-now-for-some-more-persona-3-portable-details/

'The Answer' will not be in P3P. Not a big lose. Though I hope all FES extras for the journey are retained.

Archangel
Tue, 08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Only fanboys and girls will want to buy this

And i doubt the girl is gonna be as awesome as Minato. She's not even that hot, she's more the cute type while Minato has that cool silent emo thing going on for him ( which would completely fail in real life but works surprisingly well in the game world )

Also, the mp3 in her neck looks to have a different purpose from Minato's...

fireheart
Wed, 08-19-2009, 08:17 AM
arch: Isn't that just in terms of looks? I mean I know Minato does have the whole cool, silent emo thing going on as you say but seeing as we're the ones that suppose to form their personality besides their "official" personality there's no real difference.

Also to be honest if they made her a carbon copy of Minato but only as a girl it'd be somewhat boring, I prefer it if they're different so that it more than just picking between male and female.

Anyway hope they upgrade the animation since it looked kinda outdated or lowbudget more so when you look at the character portraits or rather hope the animation is closer to the portraits this time around.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Its been stated already that the Female MC path will have different events and social links. The main story will also have changes to reflect the swap in gender.For instance... the scenes at the Hotel, Beach and School trip need to change.

Heck... it wouldn't surprise me if there are NEW social links, since several of them wouldn't work with a female. For instance Chihiro's or Maya (Toriumi)

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-19-2009, 08:01 PM
New scans. Click to enlarge

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_page1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/page1.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_New4.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/New4.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_New3.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/New3.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_1250718854741.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/1250718854741.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_1250718712963.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/1250718712963.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_page2.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/page2.jpg)

Moving around is done with Menu system. No need to running around anymore.
People who can talk with are shown on screen, and choose with Menu.

Now you can direct command your party members.

animus
Wed, 08-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow they gutted the game. Running around everywhere was half the point of RPGs, but now the menu system is just similiar to the one in like Phantasy Star Portable. They're milking the franchise hard core. I understand they have to do that for size constraints, but damn. If it's gonna be like that, just don't bother porting it.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't mind losing the running around town while they keep or enhance the slinks. Im interested in playing with the Female MC as well.

But thats just me.

Archangel
Wed, 08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Is that a new persona i see on the last scan?

And why didn't you say it was for the psp? I might get it if that's the case

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 07:25 AM
Uhh... Archie... P3P... Persona 3 Portable? Yep. Its for PSP.

Several Personas are getting a makeover. For instance, that one you see happens to be Loki. Its how it looked on Persona 4.

Some people think Atlus also added Persona 2 Card System, because they see some bonuses on the status screen of the Personas. Can't confirm this though.

Webpage open.
http://p3p.atlusnet.jp/

No info in it yet though.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
2 Videos Up at Famitsu

http://www.famitsu.com/blog/p3p/1226724_2045.html

Social Links with Junpei and Ken confirmed.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Getting it on with Junpei??? Ewwww ...

Wtf will happen to Chodori then?

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Just on the Female side you dork.

New music hears great. Can't wait to get hold of its OST.

Did you check the videos?

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
It's still gross...

You have the OSTs of P3 and P4? Can't you like upload them on mediafire or something?

Yeah i saw them, and as always the sundtrack sounds amazing.

I do hope they'll add some twists and quirks to the story, an rpg is only as good as its script after all

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
I do have the full one of P3.
And the Reencarnation Remix which is fantastic.

Of P4 I only have the disc that came with the game.

I'll see what I can do, about the uploading. Wait for the weekend though.

Oh yeah... my internet got upgraded. Now I have 2Mb download and 384 kbps upload.

The new song for the Female (Minako) is great.
I'll definitely play her side first, and then see Minato's journey for like the 6th time.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I have 24 Megas but my shitty telephone connection allows me to take 5 Megas out of it at most...

That's ok, i think i'll look for some torrents on it

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Do remember Im in Mexico... and thats the fastest provided now without paying an eye for it.

I'll upload them Archie, don't worry.

fireheart
Fri, 08-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Well since Zell only had P3 and I don't have it, I figured I might as well upload P4, it's just disc 1 & 2.

mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bgmgqouegnm)

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Megaupload of P3 OSTs

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YGWF7FO4

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry for the Double Post.

New Intro on Famitsu

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1226792_1124.html?ref=rss

It seems 'The Butterfly Effect' will be an important theme this time around. What changes when you have a Female MC?

The video has some interesting hints on Ken and Shinjiro...

fireheart
Sun, 08-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Didn't watch it that carefully since it was quite late when I watched it, but think it's a shame that they kept the same style of animation like I said before had hoped that the animation would be on par with the portraits.

Archangel
Sun, 08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Didn't watch it that carefully since it was quite late when I watched it, but think it's a shame that they kept the same style of animation like I said before had hoped that the animation would be on par with the portraits.

You expected a graphic update from the ps2 to the psp?

fireheart
Sun, 08-23-2009, 09:45 AM
You expected a graphic update from the ps2 to the psp?

I didn't expect a graphic update, sorry for not being clear about this. I hoped that the intro and anime cutscenes in the game would be updated so it'd be more like those in P4. I never liked how the anime cutscenes were compared to the portraits of the characters since the pictures were more detailed.

Archangel
Sun, 08-23-2009, 06:38 PM
I didn't expect a graphic update, sorry for not being clear about this. I hoped that the intro and anime cutscenes in the game would be updated so it'd be more like those in P4. I never liked how the anime cutscenes were compared to the portraits of the characters since the pictures were more detailed.

Oh... yeah that would be nice

At the very least make the characters look more like the portraits. Yukari's portrait and her anime version looked distinguishably different

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-02-2009, 07:27 AM
New info and scans!

-Combat assistance from allies are in like P4 (follow-ups and taking lethal hits)
-Shows off some new Persona, like Neko Shogun from Soul Hackers and P4.
-Equipment is handled like P4, so you don't have to talk to party members to swap their gear.
-More info about Elizabeth and "Theodore"
-When each Persona reaches a certain fixed level, you obtain a Skill Card. Using that Skill Card will allow you to pass the skill to another Persona.
-When playing as a female character, when you first enter the Velvet Room you get to select a male or female assistant for the Velvet Room

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_28.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/28.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_29.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/29.jpg)

Archangel
Wed, 09-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Any lesbian possibilities? That's all i wanna know.

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Summer and Winter outfits for Minako

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Moose161/MsheOutfits.png

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM
New info and new scans.

New Social Link girls.

Rio Iwazaki, for sports (Tennis or Volleyball) and Saori Hasegawa

Akihiko and Ken SLinks confirmed for Minako

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_17SEP-page12.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/17SEP-page12.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_17SEP-page34.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/17SEP-page34.jpg)

This week's Famitsu scans show more about the S. Links.

- A completely new female S. Link (Rio Iwasaki) associated with the sports teams, Tennis or Volleyball.
- Another new female character S. Link, Saori Hasegawa (perhaps replacing the Kenji "Best Friend Schoolmate" type?)
- Ken S. Link with female MC
- Akihiko S. Link with female MC
- A screen from the female perspective shows the School Council president on the rooftop. If he's an S. Link, this is the first screen that's showed an arcana conflict for a specific MC, so something is likely to change.
- Another screen shows the female MC on one of the Koro walk scenes, meeting the helmet teacher (who has artwork now). Didn't you only meet party members or S. Links during the walks? He could be the replacement for the Hermit S. Link for the male MC, as that one was kind of gender specific.
- Dating scenes with Theodor.
- Generic character blurbs for Ahihiko, Ken, and Fuuka

Info posted by Yaweee at NeoGaf

Scans found on Gamefaqs

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Sue me for the triple post :p

New trailer up

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1227624_1124.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i85Itjr_nc

Persona 4 Cameos on it

fireheart
Sun, 09-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Nice though didn't see any P4 cameos or hear them say anything about it. I'm a bit sad they didn't make a anime cut-scene of when Minaka first summon her persona.

Archangel
Sun, 09-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Nice though didn't see any P4 cameos or hear them say anything about it. I'm a bit sad they didn't make a anime cut-scene of when Minaka first summon her persona.

They didn't? What about the ending sequence?

RyougaZell
Sun, 09-20-2009, 01:06 PM

Kashiwagi-sensei was in the video's Operation Babe-hunt.

fireheart
Sun, 09-20-2009, 03:10 PM
They didn't? What about the ending sequence?

Ehh where there any in the end beside the beach?

Kashiwagi-sensei was in the video's Operation Babe-hunt.

Totally forgot about her

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Tokyo Game Show Persona 3 Portable trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-persona-3/56593

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Shouldn't you ask a mod to change this thread's name to "Shin Megami Tensei" or just "Persona" ?

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I tried once... I think... don't remember.

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Ask Kraco, he's cool like that

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-25-2009, 08:49 AM
He is indeed. He already changed the title =D

fireheart
Mon, 09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Yay now I won't feel as off topic while talking about the other games. Anyway anyone got a full version of the intro song?

Edit: Got Persona 1 to psp in the mail today!!! Me so happy

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-13-2009, 08:59 AM
A new Persona 4 cameo on Persona 3 Portable.

Not the one I wanted though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_19307wwwdotuporg2563851.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/19307wwwdotuporg2563851.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_www_dotup_org256389.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/www_dotup_org256389.jpg)

fireheart
Wed, 10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm still waiting for the Rise P4 cameo since they've already hinted about her visiting uhh forgot the name of the city during P3.

Persona 1 is wack because it counts all the time the game is in standby into my total played time. And the story is kinda weird so not quite following it at times. Anyway am I the only one playing it here?

Archangel
Wed, 10-14-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm still waiting for the Rise P4 cameo since they've already hinted about her visiting uhh forgot the name of the city during P3.

Persona 1 is wack because it counts all the time the game is in standby into my total played time. And the story is kinda weird so not quite following it at times. Anyway am I the only one playing it here?

I got it, played it for half an hour, hated it and left it alone to die

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-14-2009, 08:37 AM

Yeah. I need to do a temp save everytime Im going to turn it off. I have over 15 hours overclocked because of that.

Archie was probably expecting another P3. I took P1 knowing it was nothing like it is now.

And yes... I also am waiting for the Rise cameo. Not freaking Yukiko.

I seriously need to play P2 Innocent Sin... not really that interested in Eternal Punishment though.

Archangel
Wed, 10-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah. I need to do a temp save everytime Im going to turn it off. I have over 15 hours overclocked because of that.

Archie was probably expecting another P3. I took P1 knowing it was nothing like it is now.

And yes... I also am waiting for the Rise cameo. Not freaking Yukiko.

I seriously need to play P2 Innocent Sin... not really that interested in Eternal Punishment though.

Maybe, but even for a remake those were so really old mechanics, i wish they had spiced it up a little. I think it's only something a retro gamer could enjoy

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-14-2009, 01:25 PM
They did... while maintaining the game loyal to the original. The original persona had horrible maps and navigation skills were null.

Im enjoying the characters as well, despite their abrupt Persona summoning.

Tamaki's cameo, from Shin Megami Tensei IF, made me smile.

fireheart
Thu, 10-15-2009, 04:35 PM

Only 15? I'm well over a hundred hours overclocked already so I stopped caring about my playtime.

If it keeps going at this rate they'll probably release both parts of P2 on the PSP as well, though I'm still more psyched up for P3P.

Did anyone here think about playing P3 day by day since it takes place during this year or is it just me?

Archangel
Thu, 10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Did anyone here think about playing P3 day by day since it takes place during this year or is it just me?

No, but have you thought how cool it would be if you had your stats written down somewhere and knew exactly what to do to rise them?

Nailing multiple chicks without fear of consequences would also be nice

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Playing P3 day by day would be impossible, since some events skip days. Like exams, training or even the bad weather.

P3P looks more awesome each time I find new info.

* Skill Cards
Can be obtained from Personas, exchanged at the Antique Shop, bought over the TV or even cloned at the temple to allow Personas to inherit new skills. This allows players to customise Personas further than before and makes fusion a simpler process for beginners.
* More Voice Acting
Instead of simple greetings, the voice acting will cover more dialogue – Mainly focusing on S. Links that have reached rank 10 status to make the game even more memorable.
* Command to Escape
You can give out commands directly during battle and can tell them to escape.
* Tiredness
You and your party members now only get tired the following day after a good night’s fight making it easier to plan when to go exploring. You can also visit the Healing Shop to heal up tired members to “normal” status while normal status members will get “best condition”. There will even be an item at the school shop “Tsukare Trail” for healing up.
* Dialogue Changes in Dungeon
You can talk with your party members while exploring Tartarus and the dialogue changes depending on their status and what equipment they’re using and wearing.
* Calendar Reminders
The calendar has been moved from the main menu to your room allowing you to see past S. Link events such as when there was a rank up or when you were invited out so that anyone who stopped playing for a while, won’t forget what they did.
* New Save Point
You can now save in the classroom and the saved file has some new added info to it such as how long you’ve been playing the game.
* Late Night Freedom
During “late night” you could only choose to sleep or study but now you can also choose to leave your room and go out too if you wanted to.

But I still want my P2P IS / EP

Here's a translation of Elizabeth's and Theodore's chat on the re-audio-ed TGS trailer on the secret link at the webpage.

E: A~TLUS!!
T: Sis, you are going too fast!
E: Teo, this is already started.
T: R, right..
E: Everyone nice to meet you again. This is Elizabeth. Finally the day I can intro things without my master. Let's show you some...
T: S, Sis! what about me? only with our voices umm...
E: I forgot, this is my not really worthy little brother Theodore.
T: What kind of intro is that!
E: Hey Teo, we are in front of out customer!
T: err...
E: Let's began present what is in. We watched lot of times, but it is still beautiful Persona summoning.
T: Really it is. But Sis, we should say more about Velvet room..
E: Hmm.. then let's talk about how long is our Master's nose.
T: Why that point?!
E: Shhh! Quiet! It is rumoured to be super quick loading Battle scene.
T: Whoa. Then these are the normal day time life scene. Changed to more pleasant gaming experient as well.
E: PSP is handheld console. To make it handy, we customized hard.
T: Cu... Customize?
E: Kid...
T: I.. I know that! hahaha...
E: From this version, we might get two kind of visitors.
T: As a male or female there will be lots of different experience for youthful life.
E: I become Male.
T: It does not.
E: Teo become female.
T: It does not. What kind of change is that..
E: Then our Master become...
T: Please STOP.
E: Jam packed with lots of cool stuffs, must be expensi~ve.
T: Why you saying like Jika-net style...? Look, it is almost over.
E: Well Teo, at last we should do this properly.
T: What is my words!
E: Then I give you rights to say "Title" this time. Ok 3,2,1 go!
T: Ah, uh, Persona Portable 2009 November 1 on sale.
E: Sigh, you are supposed to chew that word funny way.

The video has, sadly, been taken down.

Archangel
Sat, 10-17-2009, 05:43 AM
They should just get completely rid of the tired mode, it's annoying

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Point of view.
Actually I was annoyed they removed it from Persona 4.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-30-2009, 05:28 PM
New scans

A new P4 cameo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_personakingdomphantasystaroceangaid.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/personakingdomphantasystaroceangaid.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_personakingdomphantasystaroceang-1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/personakingdomphantasystaroceang-1.jpg)

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM
P3P

New tracks rip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZSZW7CR6

Archangel
Mon, 11-02-2009, 06:44 AM
So... do we have a go on the Yuri mc?

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Well...

SPOILERS

Junpei, Akihiko, Ken, Koromaru, Shinji and Ryoji have become social links.
Yukari, Fuuka, Aigis and Mitsuru remain as social links as well, but friends only sadly.
Rio and Saori are the new girls to be social link with.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Strange Journey for Nintendo DS announced for March 2010

www.atlus.com/strangejourney

animus
Thu, 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Ugh, another first person dungeon crawler. That is probably the one genre I will refuse to play.

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Well, I too would prefer it not to be a first person dungeon. But the game looks so good, and I haven't been that annoyed with Persona, as I thought I would be, that I will definitely get it.

I specially like how the Demons are all animated this time around, unlike Devil Suvivor

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-overview-smt-strange/56289

Atlus USA today announced that they will be localizing the newest Shin Megami Tensei game for the Nintendo DS, Strange Journey. The title will feature classic SMT standbys like demon negotiation, bribery, and coercion. With more than 300 demons in the game, players will be able to craft just about whatever party they want. Following humanity in the near-future, Strange Journey puts players in the position of discovering why a black hole is poised to destroy Earth - and just where humans exist in the grand scheme of things.

fireheart
Thu, 11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Been awhile since I've been back here... hmmm so what's with the doors? Thought those were part of The Answer that was cut from P3P

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Vision Quest managed by Margaret

Basically you fight empowered version of all the Arcana bosses, except the Magician.

Archangel
Thu, 11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh shit, i just remembered

How does the love hotel setting work on P3P???

/goes find out

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Spoiler ahead...

Minako goes either with Junpei or Akihiko.

You can't take Yukari with you. If she is in the party, she never ends up in the same room as Minako.

Archangel
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:00 PM
... i want my Yuri goddammit!

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I did send you one of those, requested as a sig. You saw it right?

Archangel
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Official Yuri is more juicy

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Indeed. But... can I get a sig with that one anyway?

Archangel
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Of course not

fireheart
Mon, 11-16-2009, 07:28 AM
P3P

New tracks rip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZSZW7CR6

You wouldn't happen to have the main theme for P3P or rather the new intro song?

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Haven't found it yet. Still seeking. Don't know if there is a new ending either.

fireheart
Fri, 12-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Figured it'd be better to ask here, do you have any good P4 wallpapers?

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Only this one:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5232/1zb49hk.th.png (http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5232/1zb49hk.png)

On another matters:

Persona 4 producer Katsura Hashino hints that the Persona 3 Portable team and the other half of the Persona 4 team will come together to work on "that" game.

Part of the Persona 4 team split to make Persona 3 Portable for the PSP. Producer Katsura Hashino states that next year he will have to combine the P3P team and the part of the Persona 4 team to work on "that" game. Given the hints, it's safe to assume that the game he is hinting at is probably Persona 5. Note that he hints that the other half of the Persona 4 team is working on another unannounced game and that he "expects this to be an extremely interesting game."

Persona is a critically acclaimed series that follows high school students taking on supernatural forces with their "Personas," a manifestation of their personality, all while attending their every day classes. A brand new entry is certainly exciting!

Source (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6258)

fireheart
Sun, 12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks

Hopefully it is Persona 5 and that it'll comes out on PS3 as rumored wouldn't want to buy another console just to play it.

Archangel
Sun, 12-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Hopefully it will come for the PS2... so we can ALL enjoy it

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Hopefully it will come for the PS2... so we can ALL enjoy it

You live in the past Archie.

What Im positive won't happen, however, is a 360 version. After the utter failure Shin Megami Tensei NINE was on Xbox, no SMT or spinoff has appeared on the Microsoft Console.

And while I do want a Persona 5 on PS3... I actually wish for a Persona 2 PSP collection (including both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment) or remakes for other older titles like Shin Megami Tensei IF, Soul Hackers, Devil Summoner (the original, not the Raidou Kuzunoha saga) or even the original SMT titles.

Archangel
Sun, 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Buy me a Ps3 if you want me to move along with the times biotch >_>

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Buy me a Ps3 if you want me to move along with the times biotch >_>

Do what I did. Get a job. :eek:

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable announced for America. July 06, 2010 is the date.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/p3p_faithful_announcement_b.jpg

fireheart
Sun, 03-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Not much news recently?

Anyway haven't really played any SMT games prior to the PS2 ones so hoping that Strange Journey won't have too much stuff that you need to have played the other SMT games for. Really need to finish playing Devil Survivor but died against Jezebel so that kinda made me loose motivation.

Also as a side note if Persona 5 will work in the same way as P3/4, am I the only one hoping they'll include birthdays this time around? Always thought it was weird that you spend a year with those people and neither you nor them ever celebrated a birthday. Also if they do include it I'm hoping you can put in your own date of birth.

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Strange Journey is a standalone title despite it being SMT 4. You do not need to play the apocaliptic SMT 3 to enjoy this one either.

Birthdays would not work since you really don't play the whole year. P3 only went from April to Jan, whereas P4 went from April to December. And what if you placed your b-day in a cutscene day?

P3 and P4 characters DO have birthdays... for the exception of Minato, Minako and Souji. You just never get to see them during the game.

Xelbair
Mon, 03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I've just have got rom of snes SMT translated to English!
Now I'll finish the bioshock 2 and then move onto this - i love Devil Survivor on DS(actually I'm close to getting all of the endings and beating Lucifer).
RZ you are our MegaTen/HACK god - which MegaTen games(other than smt2 - I have got that too ^^) that are not on ps2/psp should I play?

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Im far from being a source actually. I've just played the games from Nocturne onward. What I know from the old titles is thanks to the internet.

In fact... I would ask you to link me to the translated roms you speak of.

I want so badly to play SMT IF, Soul Hackers and several other of the oldies, but there are no translations that Im aware of...

I need to replay Devil Survivor as well. I've just seen Amane and Gin/Haru's endings. Im still pissed you can't have Haru as a teammate.