PDA

View Full Version : Predictions: Whitebeard's War

docdan63
Sat, 07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I actually have been thinking about it and I think the WB crew is going to get owned Royally. Or the battle will at least be slightly one sided. I also think that every Shichibukai will have the ability to take down massive amounts of WB members. I don't know why people keep saying he's so strong. He's really old (albeit very large) and he's extremely sick (albeit still able to fight Shanks and make the sky tear a new one) I'll give you that he's one of the Yonkou of the New World. But I just don't see him hurting any of the warlords anytime soon.

Mihawk destroyed almost all of Dons Kriegs ships in one blow. And the most powerful sword in the world.

Doflamingo can control people. Enough said

Kuma can freaking shoot laser beams out of his mouth and send people away just by touching them.

With the right resources, Moria has the ability to make small armies in a mater of minutes. And Hogback was still with him. So I think he has some plans set for the big fight.

Jimbei is probably the strongest merman out there on the seas. And we know he was a former captain.

And last but not least Blackbeard. This guy is so strong that he'll probably be the main axle for the entire Shichibukai force. He already gave Shanks three scars across his left eye before he has his fruit. And he defeated one of the strongest fruit users in the series making him a Shichibukai member. His fruit can consume everything and I'm sure he has a plan to use it with the other members somehow.

In conclusion, saying WB's crew will get owned might be a bit of a stretch. But I think it'll be a little one sided towards the warlords.

Thoughts?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Don Krieg was garbage, he doesn't even belong in the discussion.

Moria was beaten once, and is probably too adraid to fight a real enemy, (plus, he lost most of his strong spirits and bodies).
Domfalimngo probably implies a sub-version of the spirit collapse method that Silver and Shanks use. I don't think it can affect someone at the caliber of WB. and we know that puppermasters are weak fighters. it's a well-known anime fact.

Jinbei is a fishman. If he has nothing else than super strength to bring to the table then he can stay out. at these levels of fighting, everyone has some 'limit breaker' attacks that can cause damage no matter what 'armor' the enemy has.

Mihawk and Kuma are dangerous, but Kuma is with the SH right now.
which leaves Mihawk (lone wolf, most likely to drop out of the mission) and Blackbeard.

so sure, WB is going down, unless he gets some help. maybe another one of the yoniko? maybe dragon?

The World Goverment is now making a bet, they've targeted both the rookies and WB (and ace), so they'll be going all out, even with some weapons that are better left alone.

conquistaDan
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Don Krieg was garbage, he doesn't even belong in the discussion.

Moria was beaten once, and is probably too afraid to fight a real enemy, (plus, he lost most of his strong spirits and bodies).
Do flamingo probably implies a sub-version of the spirit collapse method that Silver and Shanks use. I don't think it can affect someone at the caliber of WB. and we know that puppet masters are weak fighters. it's a well-known anime fact.

Jinbei is a fishman. If he has nothing else than super strength to bring to the table then he can stay out. at these levels of fighting, everyone has some 'limit breaker' attacks that can cause damage no matter what 'armor' the enemy has.

Mihawk and Kuma are dangerous, but Kuma is with the SH right now.
which leaves Mihawk (lone wolf, most likely to drop out of the mission) and Blackbeard.

so sure, WB is going down, unless he gets some help. maybe another one of the yonkou? maybe dragon?

The World Government is now making a bet, they've targeted both the rookies and WB (and ace), so they'll be going all out, even with some weapons that are better left alone.

What you just said makes no sense man. You knocked down every Shichibukai to the level of not being able to come close to any of WB's crewman. Then at the end, you say that WB is going down unless he gets some help

Call me out if I'm wrong here but it sounds like that's what you're doing. In addition to that, the world government isn't making a bet. They're preparing ever handpicked member of the warlords (yes I said handpicked) to make sure that they can fight off WB and keep Ace long enough for his execution. Something that was possible because one of the new warlords, Blackbeard. Which in addition that, it also made him one. I'm not going to comment on your rant about each warlord member because it would be pointless and we don't know enough besides about Blackbeard. So I don't think that we can make a good assumption until we see at least some fighting.

Abdula
Mon, 07-07-2008, 12:03 AM
When he said "so sure, WB is going down" it was directed at docdan63 and he was being sarcastic. I think you would understand it better if he had just put a ? "so sure, WB is going down?" there that clears things up. Other than that Dbz is just being DBZ he may seem crazy but thats just his way. Anyway I think he is right. Moria is a coward, I doubt Donflamigo's power would work on WB and even so, so what, we've seen the straw hats beat enemies like that numerous times. We don't know anything about Jimbei so I won't comment on him and Kuma, well you never know what he is thinking. I think Mihawk is a wild card because we don't know for sure whose side he is on and then of course there is black beard.

Anyway none of that matters the fact is this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/432/07/). That is right he said the marine headquarters and the shichibukai exists just to counterbalance the power of the four emperors. So no matter what the hell you think of them and what their numbers maybe these four men are extremely power and in fact control half of the grand line and probably have since the time of Roger. That the marines haven't been able to make a move against them before this point should tell us alot. In fact I think the only reason they are even thinking of making a move is because Blackbeard left and Ace is out of the way. The Marines themselves are overrated, the fact that they couldn't even touch Roger and the only way they got to him was because he turned himself in proves it. Not to mention that they actually have to pay off other pirates to get them to do their dirty work for them, don't think that any of the shichibukai wouldn't turn against the marines if they think it'll be in their best interest. Shichibukai or not they are still pirates and I can tell you for sure that Blackbeard can't be trusted.

As things are now you can't say for sure whats going to happen but if the marines declare open war against Whitebeard, I think there are a lot of pirates in the world who would side with WB whether they like him or not. Plus the marines never can say for sure how other people would react, Dragon for example, if two world powers are fighting each other I'm sure he'll use that opportunity to make a move especially since he openly despises the marines and he has vested interests in the pirates.

The Marines are making a gamble here, which is why I think they are playing it safe and only going after WB and not attacking all the other emperors at least for now. The fact that Garp thinks it would be too dangerous for the marines if they have to take on both WB and Silvers at the same time shows how much of a risk the marines are taking.

Augury
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
First off, I suggest changing the thread title so something more general, like "The upcoming conflict." Every manga reader knows what that refers to and there wouldn't even be any small spoiling for anime watchers.

Whitebeard vs. the Shichibukai will be competitive, because a dominating victory between two of the most powerful groups in the OP world would not be good storytelling. Oda is already pulling some twists to get things to even out, such as having Kuma show up at Shabondy.

Assuming there is some sort of head-on confrontation, we have (in order of introduction):
Shichibukai:
1. Mihawk
2. Jinbei
3. Blackbeard (replaces Crocodile)
4. Doflamingo
5. Kuma - at Shabondy
6. Moria - recently weakened
7. underlings
Missing:
7th, unintroduced Shichibukai

Whitebeard Pirates:
1. Whitebeard
2. Marco
3. Jozu
4. underlings
Missing:
2nd division commander (Ace)
4th division commander (killed by Blackbeard)

Unless I'm forgetting someone, we still haven't been introduced to all of the Shichibukai. If we consider all introduced names to be (very) roughly at the same skill level, the government is still ahead. This makes sense from a broader perspective, since Whitebeard is one of four emperors while the group of Shichibukai make up 1/3rd of the world's power.

In any case, I'm not interested in going further than general predictions, but there are some things that I hope will happen:
1. Oda involves more factions. Shanks and Dragon come to mind.
2. We see Mihawk fight (and win)
3. There is a restructuring of the world's power scale. None of this fight-to-a-draw stuff.
4. Oda doesn't cop out by sending the Strawhats to Fishman Island a la Thriller Bark and spend 5 chapters on the war.
5. We see a non-devil fruit user win against a logia.

docdan63
Tue, 07-08-2008, 01:08 AM
First off, I suggest changing the thread title so something more general, like "The upcoming conflict." Every manga reader knows what that refers to and there wouldn't even be any small spoiling for anime watchers.

Whitebeard vs. the Shichibukai will be competitive, because a dominating victory between two of the most powerful groups in the OP world would not be good storytelling. Oda is already pulling some twists to get things to even out, such as having Kuma show up at Shabondy.

Assuming there is some sort of head-on confrontation, we have (in order of introduction):
Shichibukai:
1. Mihawk
2. Jinbei
3. Blackbeard (replaces Crocodile)
4. Doflamingo
5. Kuma - at Shabondy
6. Moria - recently weakened
7. underlings
Missing:
7th, unintroduced Shichibukai

Whitebeard Pirates:
1. Whitebeard
2. Marco
3. Jozu
4. underlings
Missing:
2nd division commander (Ace, taken down by Blackbeard)
4th division commander (killed by Blackbeard)

Unless I'm forgetting someone, we still haven't been introduced to all of the Shichibukai. If we consider all introduced names to be (very) roughly at the same skill level, the government is still ahead. This makes sense from a broader perspective, since Whitebeard is one of four emperors while the group of Shichibukai make up 1/3rd of the world's power.

In any case, I'm not interested in going further than general predictions, but there are some things that I hope will happen:
1. Oda involves more factions. Shanks and Dragon come to mind.
2. We see Mihawk fight (and win)
3. There is a restructuring of the world's power scale. None of this fight-to-a-draw stuff.
4. Oda doesn't cop out by sending the Strawhats to Fishman Island a la Thriller Bark and spend 5 chapters on the war.
5. We see a non-devil fruit user win against a logia.

I agree with you that it would one sided and that wouldn't make for a very good story. However, I don't agree that Kuma showing up is going to be one of Odas little twists. Or the thing to really start them off off the twist train, leading into the grand battle. I think he's a clone that Vegapunk was ordered to create for handling situations. I'm beginning to think that he is the definitive Shichibukai member to handle certain situations like little mishaps between lower level pirates around the world. Thus, Dr Vegapunk making several Kumas to go around the world and handle situations for the government that they think should be settled by the hands of a tyrant. No pun there by the way I'm actually meaning every word I say in that sentence. It just worked itself out that way. Anyway. To your predictions

1. I actually hope no one powerful does get involved. Although I have to admit that would be completely a random thing for Oda to do and it would cool on so many levels, it would cheapen seeing how truly powerful WB's crew could be, and we wouldn't get to see how strong all of the Shichibukai really are together. Unless of course you consider that having a Yonkou like Shanks or a a guy like Dragon (the most dangerous/wanted criminal in the series) is something that would add to the story greatly. And why do people want to see him so bad? Is it because we think that he's a wind logia user? Or is it because people just want to see how strong Luffys dad is? Or could it be because he's one of the supposed really strong guys in the series that are on the list of bad assery that we have to see? Whats the deal with that. He's not even a pirate people. He's a rebel. Shanks on the other hand I think can bring something special to the fight. He is a Yonkou meaning he's amassed a huge powerful fleet of crewman under him. And we all know he can spirit snipe and is a great swordsman (when a Shichibukai and the greatest swordsman in the world seeks you out for duels, Mihawk, I think he's pretty good) So yeah. And he supposedly has the best sharpshooter crewman ever. Yassop, Ussops daddy. Plus there's a rumor that Lucky Roux is one of the fastest men in the series. I can't back that up, but he was able to sneak upon on one of Higuma's men and shoot him without anyone knowing until it was too late, all the while eating. So they have a strong crew.

2. Now I like Mihawk, I really do. But the guy is just a really great swordsman. Yes he's the best in the world and yes he destroyed a ton of weak ass Don Krieg ships in one giant blow, but that isn't enough to suffice him as a world power threat. I understand people want to seem really fight and win. But I don't think we'll be seeing much of him fighting in this battle. And if he does, not for long. But who knows. I could be wrong all together. I just think that besides a great swordsman, he's not much against WB's screw in terms of Shichibukai choices.

3. The restructuring of the world power scale is needed to change the series up because it's time for a change. This one I'll give you. Especially given the fact that Oda wanted the series to end in 2006 and the fans wouldn't let it. To not let us down, I think the guy has something pretty big planned.

4. I actually disagree with you on this one. If only because I want to see the straw hats grow while not seeing them for a while, and keeping heavy on the war for the storyline for a long time, could be really cool. We've been waiting to see some really strong guys fight each other for a long long long long long time as fans. Really long. It's about time Oda showed us some big great awesome fights with lots of power behind them. The closest so far was between Ace and Blackbeard. Besides that, nothing else so far was decent for me. Maybe Luffy V Lucci back in Water 7 but that's it after that. So yeah I think staying for a long time on the straw hats was a great idea, but we need some power and we deserve it.

5. This one bothers me on 2 levels. First, why do you need this so badly? I mean don't get me wrong we've kind of all been wondering what the deal is with Odas making Logias so strong, but why not always make that fruit user own everyone he's fighting? And we kind of already saw that with Luffy and Crocodile. Jut take Luffy's stretching away and replace it with a really fast Water 7 CP9 member like Kaku (with out the zoan fruit) or something. Second, since your considering the war here I have the right to say this: the only way we're going to see that happen is two scenarios

a. Mihawk has it out with a commander of WB's crew who has is a logia user and beats him

b. Blackbeard (if you really consider him a logia type because of his physical ability to be hit) takes on a really strong crewman from WB's screw who isn't a user of any kind, and blackbeard gets owned by him.

Besides those two, I really don't see how it could play out any other way. If you have another option please let me know.

Augury
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Just to reiterate, that earlier post was a list of things I'd like to see, not predictions.

Kuma: I was referring to his presence at Shabondy as an indicator that he would not show up vs Whitebeard. Your "multiple Kuma" theory is plausible, but I don't think Oda will take that path.

Dragon: I'm interested in seeing him show up because he is a key element in developing the (big picture) story. I'm not interested in his fighting abilities.

The Strawhats: I think you misread my post. I would also like to see the focus shift away from the Strawhats for a while, but I don't think it'll happen.

Logias: Yeah, I know it's just wishful thinking. Having a non-devil fruit user beat a logia would probably require an intelligent fight though, and those are always fun to read.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
what fruit type was Kafica (soap woman)?
and what was #1 (metal\blade man)?

I'm almost sure that if we look back far enough, we can find Zoro or Sanji beating a logia fruit user senseless...

Augury
Tue, 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think it's happened yet (in a serious fight)

Logia we've seen:
Smoker (smoke logia: win vs. Luffy, draw with Ace, almost drowned vs Crocodile)
Ace (fire logia: draw with Smoker, loss vs. Blackbeard)
Crocodile (sand logia: 2-1 vs. Luffy)
Blackbeard (darkness logia: win vs Ace)
Enel (lightning logia - win vs. Sanji, Ussop, Kamakuri, Gan Fall, Robin, Zoro, Wiper, loss vs. Luffy)
Aokiji (win vs. Luffy)

Zoro's opponents:
Kabaji
Fat & thin cat pair
Mihawk (loss)
Hachi
Igaram + bounty hunters
Mr. 1 (Supa supa fruit - can turn body to steel, paramecia)
Braham
Enel (lightning logia, loss)
Aokiji (ice logia, withdrawn)
Kaku (giraffe zoan)
Ryuuma
Oz, Moria (team fight, got thrashed)

Sanji's opponents:
Pearl, Gin
Kuroobi
Bananadiles :P
Mr. 2
Enel (lightning logia, loss)
Aokiji (ice logia, withdrawn)
Kalifa (awa awa fruit - can produce bubbles - paramecia, loss)
Jyabura (wolf zoan)
Absalom (invisibility - paramecia)
Oz, Moria (team fight, got thrashed)

That's what I can think of for now (small fry omitted). So basically, we've seen a logia user defeated three times - twice by Luffy and once by Blackbeard.

Yeah, I know I didn't have to list it out but I had fun thinking about it :P

docdan63
Tue, 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Just to reiterate, that earlier post was a list of things I'd like to see, not predictions.

Kuma: I was referring to his presence at Shabondy as an indicator that he would not show up vs Whitebeard. Your "multiple Kuma" theory is plausible, but I don't think Oda will take that path.

Dragon: I'm interested in seeing him show up because he is a key element in developing the (big picture) story. I'm not interested in his fighting abilities.

The Strawhats: I think you misread my post. I would also like to see the focus shift away from the Strawhats for a while, but I don't think it'll happen.

Logias: Yeah, I know it's just wishful thinking. Having a non-devil fruit user beat a logia would probably require an intelligent fight though, and those are always fun to read.

Was kind of on a posting rampage after I saw a huge post like yours so it got me kind of fired up. Sorry.

I actually hope the straw hats have a vacation fro the series for about 10+ chapters. I don't know about you guys but like I said, I don't mind reading 10+ chapters on the WB v Shichibukai war. The longer the better. On the logia thing, yeah it is wishful thinking. But you never know, someone might be able to be smart enough to defeat one. Luffy came up with a plan to beat Crocodile, and he isn't nearly as strong as WB's head commanders.

To let everyone know, there isn't a chapter this week. Which can only mean one thing, after Kizaru arriving, Odas planning something huge. Really huge. Which means he needs time to think, write and draw the next few chapters out. These up coming next chapters are going to be really really really good. IMO he can take 2 weeks if he wants too and I still wouldn't care. It would only mean that better things are planned coming up. Most of the time Oda doesn't have to plan a fight this big so it should be good. We'll get to see him at his most creative with all of the people we've wanted to see for a long time fight it out.

prediction poll:
Who do you think we'll see fighting first? (I mean when the first fight chapter opens up on the first scene)

1. Blackbeard
2. Mihawk
3. Doflamingo
4. Jinbei

I actually think that Jinbei or Mihawk will be first to do some damage. They're strong and simple. Obviously Jinbei is just a guess because we don't know about him at all. But I think I'm right about Mihawk. And I actually think Jozu and some other commanders will fight first before Marco busts out some great moves. I think Doflamingo will be a puppet guy and use higher ups in WB's fleet against the lower ones. Should be good.

Blackbeard on the other hand will be one on one with WB. I won't even try to predict that one. We'll just have to wait see.