PDA

View Full Version : How was everyone's J4?

Idealistic
Sat, 07-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Or what are your plans for the rest of this weekend?

Mine sucked. I had requested Fri-Mon off because I have a family reunion up in Michigan I wanted to go to. My manager said no because it's going to be busy and I was needed. I understood that, but it's not why I'm mad. I went to check my schedule Thursday(Our schedules are posted bi-weekly and it turns out I was given Fri-Sun off. Like wtf, you cuoldn't just give me all 4 days off? And ontop of that, why do I get Fri-Sat, the busiest days of the week off instead of Monday? Oh... And did you just lie to me? Yeah F U dude.

Well.. I'm back on the job hunt... Till I find one I shall remain with this one... Oh I work at a bakery.

Board of Command
Sat, 07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm in Canada so it doesn't apply to me.

Assassin
Sat, 07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Its funny when people think that just cuz its an english speaking board, everyones an american.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 07-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Mine was pretty uneventful. Had the day off, so I pretty much played games. Had no plans and don't give a flying fuck about fireworks. However, it was an extremely GOOD gaming day, so while uneventful, it was pretty fun xD.

lelouch
Sat, 07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Mine was great. Went to a party, had a couple drinks, hung out with some friends, watched the fireworks. I hope everyone else had a good time as well!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Doesn't apply to me. I just had a @home type holiday. Good gaming/anime day though. Haven't had one for a long time.

Raven
Sat, 07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I worked all day. It was sensational!

saman
Sat, 07-05-2008, 08:28 PM
i'm going to pretend that says "J1" and answer accordingly. i did nothing. watched some old disney movies, played some guitar hero. it was wonderful :D

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-06-2008, 01:08 AM
I went to the gym only to find it closed, cursed America, then shed a single tear in remorse. People fought to close that gym. They deserve a little more respect.

Then I worked all night and went to bed.

Arguably less eventful than the Independence Day in the film of the same name.

David75
Sun, 07-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Doesn't apply, but had a light working day, and a very high end japanese restaurant established in 1956 in paris (extraterrestrial at the time, you bet).
My wife and I found it very nice, then we had the afternoon off and had fun doing various things.
I did thought it was fourth of July and mentionned it to my wife, so my heart was with fellow americans too.

Animeniax
Sun, 07-06-2008, 04:13 AM
So as a Frenchman, do you think it was wrong for the US to invade Iraq?

July 4 was the same as any other day here. Didn't really feel the festive spirit, but that was probably because we've been having delays in supply shipments, so no sparkling cider at the cafeteria this holiday, and the menu wasn't as nice as on other holidays, especially patriotic ones.

David75
Sun, 07-06-2008, 04:54 AM
So as a Frenchman, do you think it was wrong for the US to invade Iraq?

July 4 was the same as any other day here. Didn't really feel the festive spirit, but that was probably because we've been having delays in supply shipments, so no sparkling cider at the cafeteria this holiday, and the menu wasn't as nice as on other holidays, especially patriotic ones.

the question is a tad off-topic and "invade" bears an oriented meaning.
I'll just answer quickly with a no, and would probably develop if a specific thread was created in the appropriate section and the discussion remains civil.

Animeniax
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Did you know that after France denounced the US invading Iraq, that some Americans wanted to boycott French's mustard because of its name, even though it's an American company?

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/05/21/frenchs-mustard.jpg

David75
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Did you know that after France denounced the US invading Iraq, that some Americans wanted to boycott French's mustard because of its name, even though it's an American company?

yeah I knew about liberty fries and the like.
You can't go against mass brainwash ;)

KitKat
Sun, 07-06-2008, 06:21 PM
i'm going to pretend that says "J1" and answer accordingly. i did nothing. watched some old disney movies, played some guitar hero. it was wonderful :D

Hehe, I shall do the same. I made a 'Happy Birthday Canada' cake for my camp, and drew a little maple leaf on each piece in red icing. It was 50 pieces in total (which made me glad it was a small week for the camp, since we have 100 campers this week). Then I watched a movie after I got off work. I forget which one, which means it probably wasn't a very good movie (the only girl at camp with actual DVD's only owns chick flicks, so there's not a lot of selection).

Saman - which Disney movies? And I'm totally jealous of getting to play guitar hero. I won't get to play again until September T_T

Eurasian
Sun, 07-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Finally got to watch the Incredible Hulk (Hulk SMASH).
Had Korean BBQ and Kirin Ichiban. =D Watched fireworks at my friend's place and saw a pokeball in the sky. I have no idea why but that totally made my night...XD

(At first, I thought the title read "J5"like...ABC...easy as 123)

saman
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Hehe, I shall do the same. I made a 'Happy Birthday Canada' cake for my camp, and drew a little maple leaf on each piece in red icing. It was 50 pieces in total (which made me glad it was a small week for the camp, since we have 100 campers this week). Then I watched a movie after I got off work. I forget which one, which means it probably wasn't a very good movie (the only girl at camp with actual DVD's only owns chick flicks, so there's not a lot of selection).

Saman - which Disney movies? And I'm totally jealous of getting to play guitar hero. I won't get to play again until September T_T

mmm cake. lucky campers. a maple leaf on each of the fifty pieces, though? that must've taken you forever!

i watched dumbo in the afternoon, and then cinderella at night. they don't make them like they used to anymore. although wall-e was really good. boo for not playing guitar hero either. only two more months left!

Assertn
Wed, 07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Its funny when people think that just cuz its an english speaking board, everyones an american.
Its funny when people think that just cuz something is posted on the board, they should reply to it even when it's not applicable to them.

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/05/21/frenchs-mustard.jpg

See, now that's a good Today I learned... post.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Strange, since I fully expected to be accused of baiting and trolling when I posted that.