PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 506

Splash!
Fri, 07-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Ch. 506 by Binktopia (http://dl01.mangashare.com/downloads/One_Piece_506[Binktopia]v2.zip)

EDIT: Very interesting chapter.......

Abdula
Fri, 07-04-2008, 07:20 PM
There is a shichibukai decimating pirates, the marines are running wild and a freaking admiral just flew in on a canon ball and they are sitting around reminiscing, damn. That's how you know you're a bad ass, the shit hits the fan and you're sitting around drinking and telling stories.

docdan63
Sat, 07-05-2008, 12:11 AM
There is a shichibukai decimating pirates, the marines are running wild and a freaking admiral just flew in on a canon ball and they are sitting around reminiscing, damn. That's how you know you're a bad ass, the shit hits the fan and you're sitting around drinking and telling stories.

Which bad ass are you referring too exactly? Luffy and his crew. Or Rayleigh and his veteran age and power? I hope it's Silvers because if it's Luffy than you're seriously in need of some rethinking of the word bad ass. I guess Kizaru is the other captain judging by the hair and collar on his coat. Does anyone else thinks he looks like a mobster Crocodile form the 1930's? Thats the impression I got.

Plus. What do you think gave him the ability to ride that cannonball in? A DF? admiral skill? Does he have Foxy's powers?

Assertn
Sat, 07-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Haha....that's amusing that Brooke thought of the Gold Roger pirates as a group of rookies. I had underestimated just how long ago he entered the grand line...

Munsu
Sat, 07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Haha....that's amusing that Brooke thought of the Gold Roger pirates as a group of rookies. I had underestimated just how long ago he entered the grand line...
Indeed. His side comments were the best thing about this chapter in my opinion.

You guys think Silvers will stay with the group for a while? Or do you guys think he'll just help then now and go on about his normal routine? I think a lot will depend on his identity being found out or not.

I wonder what disease Gol D. Rogers had... AIDS maybe?

docdan63
Sat, 07-05-2008, 05:35 PM
You guys think Silvers will stay with the group for a while? Or do you guys think he'll just help then now and go on about his normal routine? I think a lot will depend on his identity being found out or not.

Yes. He has to stay now. In fact I'm going to make a prediction right now and say that he's going to stay into the New World, and even till the SH's find or meet Shanks. Oda already set it up by having Rayleigh tell Luffy that Shanks met him years ago and gave him his straw hat after hearing that he wants to become the next pirate king. So I kind of think that Odas going to keep him in the story until he meets up with Shanks again.

Munsu
Sat, 07-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes. He has to stay now. In fact I'm going to make a prediction right now and say that he's going to stay into the New World, and even till the SH's find or meet Shanks. Oda already set it up by having Rayleigh tell Luffy that Shanks met him years ago and gave him his straw hat after hearing that he wants to become the next pirate king. So I kind of think that Odas going to keep him in the story until he meets up with Shanks again.
At first I would've said that they'd surely not keep him around... but when you start considering the amount of strong enemies that they'll start to face, etc. It makes some sense to have Rayleigh there to even the fields a little bit.

But, it's fun to see the Straw Hats as the underdogs and pull through... I hope he sticks around, he seems like a cool character to have around.

Abdula
Sat, 07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope it's Silvers
Obviously Silvers.

I wonder what disease Gol D. Rogers had... AIDS maybe?
Hard to say I think there are definitely alot of reasons why he should go with, he wants to meet the Doc again, he is obviously interested in Luffy and Shanks and lets face it the guy is bored. He basically got himself captured just so he could get some excitement in his life and I imagine that once you've been a pirate especially one as great as him it would be difficult to go back to living a boring old life.

Then again the guy has been living like that for who knows how many years now and he managed not to draw any attention to himself so I'm thinking he liked or at least settled for the life he made for himself coating ships but now that Luffy and his crew showed up I think they'll get his pirate blood flowing again. Like you, I think it'll depend on how things play out and if every body else finds out who he really is, because if his identity gets out he obviously wouldn't be able to stay there.

Lol, AIDS.

poopdeville
Sat, 07-05-2008, 09:34 PM
AIDS is possible, I guess. Silvers and Roger seemed kind of gay for each other, with that 'partner' thing.

Carnage
Sat, 07-05-2008, 09:49 PM
You guys are being fags, enough with the AIDS.

Anyway, Oda is really tying this story together very nicely. It seems as though everything is related to each other in one way or another.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-06-2008, 07:50 PM
When they say sick pirate, I think of White beard. maybe it's the same thing.

yes, this story is getting wild. brooke is on crack, he has his shadow stolen only five years ago, how could he not know of the roget pirates?

Assertn
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:11 PM

yes, this story is getting wild. brooke is on crack, he has his shadow stolen only five years ago, how could he not know of the roget pirates?
How about drifting out at sea with a broken rudder for 50 years?

Abdula
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Or maybe dying and coming back to life but I doubt any of that has anything to do with it. From the flashbacks we saw of him and his crew, I'm pretty sure he has been that way since the very beginning.

Interesting, I didn't think of that.

TwisT
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I think he will stay with them for the duration of the arc just like Vivi but he will go do his own thing after it's all over. The strawhats wants go go forward and Silvers want to go backwards. He wanna meat up with Crocus. I don't think he really wants to meat Shanks that much. He was just an apprentice. Sure he probably wanna meat him and say hi have a drink and talk a little but he seem to have alot more passion when he talks about Crocus. And i don't think he wanna wait to do that until Luffy have reached the end of Grand Line (and possibly become the Pirate King). So i don't think he will be a crew member. He will be like Vivi. A passenger that shares a common goal. Nothing more.

Other things talk against him becoming a permanent crew member.

Like Silvers being a legend. I don't think that would be a good move for the show. Most pirates in the new world would know who he is. And as first mate of the pirate kings ship i would think his bounty would be bigger then the rest of the crews together. Doesn't sound like something that would happen to me. Sure Robin had some fame before she joined but not from other pirates. The only ones that has recognized her so far is the Marines. And that's probably because she didn't do anything do earn it. The bounty just came out of blue. The Marines are the only ones knowing why. And her bounty was smalltime if you look in to the new world.

Second he's old. And it seems like he's feeling it too. He's pirate days are over. Brooke may be old too but in mind and spirit he's young. And he doesn't have a body that says no when he out doing crazy things. But Silvers do. He has even made a few comments indicating such.

EDIT: Brooke's comment about the Roger being a rookie was awesome indeed.

Assertn
Mon, 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Maybe the area near the end of the new world contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause cancer?

Munsu
Sun, 07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Is there no chapter this week that you guys no of? From looking at release logs, groups release in exactly 7 day intervals... it's been about 9 days since this release came out, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about there not being a chapter this week.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-13-2008, 05:16 PM
mangahelpers.com stated that on their page.
although I am curious why this was not told on the last chapter (the one of this thread)

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
actually

here (http://www.forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=388107&postcount=10)

a more accurate version is this

To let everyone know, there isn't a chapter this week.