PDA

View Full Version : The blue screen

Archangel
Sat, 06-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Not only does it keep appearing crashing my computer along with it, the usual "this may be what's wrong with your computer" windows doesn't even appear so i have no idea what's wrong with it.

Any ideas?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Are you telling us it's a blank blue screen, or you gonna give us more details?

Zhan
Sat, 06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Formatting usually solves most things. If it still happens then it'll probably be your hardware.

Animeniax
Sat, 06-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Did you do anything right before this started happening, like installing new chipset or display drivers, or installing new hardware? If so, just undo whatever you did and see if that fixes the problem.

itadakimasu
Sun, 06-29-2008, 12:28 AM
goto the control panel, administrative tools and open the event viewer... check both the program and system logs for the times that it happened and maybe you will find something helpful.

The last time i did this it just had a generic windows error but I have found some where it points to display drivers.

NM
Sun, 06-29-2008, 12:28 PM
"The blue screen of death....my immortal enemy!" -Kaiba

How often does it happen Archangel? Can't really figure out whats wrong with such a brief description. Last resort I'd say would be to format if you can get most of your data backed-up onto an external harddrive but I'd say theres probably some faulty hardware.

David75
Sun, 06-29-2008, 12:56 PM
if no software and hardware was installed:
HardDrive corrupted: either physically or rather data
Physical connexion maybe be loose somewhere on the motherboard or hardware side.
Memory corrupted.

Then there's overheating too from the GPU or CPU mainly.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm convinced the reason I was getting the Blue Screen of Death CONSTANTLY was because my laptop was overheating. I always start out with that pesky fan at the bottom exposed, but it always finds a way to cover itself back up. Get an external fan if it's overheating. I have one ordered, I hope it works.