PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eater

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I want to download this anime but I've been finding quite a large number of fansubbers. Can anyone tell me what subber they're using and why it is better?

Kraco
Tue, 06-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I'll archive Rumbel's subs but watch whatever for now since Rumbel seems to take their time in subbing the eps. There are a number of subber groups around like you said but most of them aren't what you would call quality subbers. Alas, there's nothing comparable to Eclipse subbing this series.

Munsu
Tue, 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Saizen-AE are probably the best releases, but slow. S9 seems to be putting out some nice quality themselves. For the fast groups, Rumbel is probably the best... they're only one episode behind at the moment. Probably 2 behind after this week.

Kraco
Tue, 06-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Saizen-AE seems to be releasing one episode per month, which is a bit unreasonable considering the series apparently will have 51 eps (according to AniDB and ANN, at least, and even if not, it'll still take a long time). I rather get Rumbel even if they aren't quite as good. But after you watch something like the Black-Lotus release, Rumbel looks godly.

NM
Tue, 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty happy with Rumbel's subs myself. AE/Saizen's quality is no doubt the best although I don't get them mainly due to speed (and they also tend to translate Technician for Meister...and I think Technician fits more with the series. I only saw their first episode so it might've changed but don't take my word on it). Rumbel was a bit delayed but they just did a mass release and caught up to episode 9.

Archangel
Wed, 06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Yup I'm getting them from Rumbel now. Do they always do mass releases like Vegapunk or are they more stable like DB ?

NM
Wed, 06-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Usually they are up to speed on their releases although I would only know this for Soul Eater. I was browsing their forums when they were starting to delay and they said their staff working on Soul Eater were having finals. So I'd say they are pretty stable and the only time to expect mass releases is if they get delayed for whatever reason.

Archangel
Wed, 06-18-2008, 07:11 PM
K now to change the subject, what about tower of druaga? I want to check it out too so who do you guys download it from?

Munsu
Wed, 06-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm getting Nova-Furukawa, but it doesn't matter much since all of them are getting their subs from Gonzo.

Gonzo is providing the episodes every week online with translations... online quality is bad (video wise), but the releases from the fansub groups have high quality video, still the translations should be the same.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Current HD releases being kept track of by gotwoot are released by Nova-Furukawa and Otaku-Legend. They're a few eps behind.

I'm aware of an SD release group called Hikimori no Kami.

Kraco
Thu, 06-19-2008, 02:19 AM
While the translations probably are the same since they are official, the typesetting and editing can vary a lot. I watched the latest from some "group" called Soloing, and the text was dark yellow and small and badly timed, resulting in a rather poor experience. So, saying it doesn't matter who you get them from is not strictly true.

I'll archive Nova-Furukawa like everybody else.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Come to this awesome thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16151) if you want releases. :D

Munsu
Thu, 06-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Come to this awesome thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16151) if you want releases. :D
Do the same with Soul Eater when you get bored. :p

Archangel
Thu, 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah yeah i'm a noob i know :p

Guess I'll store the Nova-Furukawa like you guys they do seem to have nice quality

But man watching all these new animes made me realize just how awesome DB is with their releases...

In thanks to them, I'm downloading their latest troll to make them happy :)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm actually liking Otaku-legend better. Nova was okay first ep, but I just downloaded ep 4 and found the subs really flashy. Maybe I'm just too used to watching Gonzo. Anyway, get Otaku if you don't mind waiting and like block subs. (coloured, and nice style, but block). And I'll start on Soul Eater now if it hasn't already been done.

Edit: wait...so what happens to all the future threads of Soul Eater? Do we bump with new releases there too? Keep bumping until the next ep release, then only post further releases in the Release Info thread? Start a new ep thread with a speed sub, and post subsequent ones in RI?

Munsu
Fri, 06-20-2008, 03:41 AM
The idea is not to bump threads from 4 episodes ago or so with new releases, especially when a group mass releases.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:36 AM
God dam how does DB do it??

They just released a troll subbing soul eater and yeah the font is crap and some parts are just making fun of the anime but the file is 170 megas and it has the best quality i've ever seen comparing to all the other subber's raw materials ... ( not counting HD releases ofc )

Munsu
Fri, 06-20-2008, 11:24 AM
God dam how does DB do it??

They just released a troll subbing soul eater and yeah the font is crap and some parts are just making fun of the anime but the file is 170 megas and it has the best quality i've ever seen comparing to all the other subber's raw materials ... ( not counting HD releases ofc )
Yeah, DB is really not a "good" subbing group... you've simply been watching a ton of piece of shit groups.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 11:37 AM
So just what's a good subbing group? I always thought DB were the best in the business.

Munsu
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:02 PM
So just what's a good subbing group? I always thought DB were the best in the business.
Lol...

Anime-Kraze is probably the current best one in the business. With that said, currently there aren't many good sub groups. The emergence of these great amount of speed groups have killed many of the good ones.

The upside, is that we get some decent quality subs here and there at a faster pace, but I've always been one to want quality over speed.

Take a group like Eclipse, who are quite good, but not great. But they have a fast release pace, and for a fast group they're very good.

Anyways, that's enough on that topic... let's keep this thread on-topic. Not that it matters much.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
K then just 1 last question, does the Nova-Furukawa subbing group have an official website? I've been looking but i can't seem to find it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:27 PM
....no...

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Wow that sucks...

lol i just found out that most of Rumbel's staff is Portuguese too, i guess that's why they make such great work :D