PDA

View Full Version : Movie: In Bruges

Sapphire
Sat, 06-14-2008, 12:12 AM
In Bruges is a film directed and written by Martin McDonagh. The film stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as hitmen in hiding, with Ralph Fiennes as their gangster boss. The film takes place within the Belgian city of Bruges.

http://www.mininova.org/get/1490567

This movie is really frickin awesome. It's like Pulp Fiction meets some other ownage movie haha, I don't know. The way they portray Americans is HILARIOUS.

Assassin
Mon, 06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Well just watched it now, since you mafe a thread about it. Gotta say, its a fuckin fantastic movie. A great blend of comedy and drama with a bit of action. Collin farell was great in this. I loved his fidgety, impatient acting. Fit his character perfectly. And the midget, lol. I loved the scene where he karate chops the midget, it was friggin hilarious.

Great movie....definately a must watch.

rockmanj
Tue, 06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Totally agree...great film!

LaZie
Sun, 06-22-2008, 01:13 AM
I also love the part where he calls the Americans fatarse elephants then the man tries to chase him and punch him. Hilarious.

Lucifus
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Saw er a week ago. Fantastic movie! The lead guy sure lives up to his principles.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Anything inspired by Pulp Fiction, such as Baccano!, is generally quality stuff.

I'll download and see.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Finally saw this movie and it was as great as advertised. Very funny and the anti-American jokes were hilarious. The twist kind of catches you off guard and makes you wonder how things will turn out. I especially loved how even to the end Ray is making fun of the city, then it rolls credits and the producers thank the people of Bruges.

Thanks for the recommendation, Sapphire!

Raven
Tue, 09-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Great movie, saw it last week, just the kind of movie I'd been craving, one that keeps you guessing until the end. I love how all the Harry Potter people were in it, co-incidentally (probably).

I'd kind of like to visit Bruges, it seems like a nice place to look around. Then again, I haven't done a lot of traveling so I'm probably missing out on a lot.

Sapphire
Thu, 10-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I saw the midget from In Bruges at a coffee shop on my campus! Next time I see him I will say hi. I was amazed.

Abdula
Thu, 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
What are the odds of that happening Sapphire.