PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Summer 2008

tnynyn
Thu, 06-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Heres a great write up on the new animes coming up in the next couple months for summer season:

http://giapet.net/2008/06/11/shall-i-compare-thee-to-a-summers-anime/

Heres a few that I think will be good(taken from the link above):

Name: Blade of the Immortal
Genre: Action/Historical Drama
Starts: July 14

At long, glorious last, a Blade of the Immortal anime! Well, or so some fans think– others fear that the meticulous style of Hiroaki Samura’s original manga will be lost in the animation, but only time will tell. The story follows Manji, a samurai who is given the curse of immortality and must defeat 1000 evil men in order to die peacefully. Manji meets a young girl named Rin, the daughter of a samurai family that was slaughtered by a man named Anotsu. Manji agrees to act as her bodyguard and help her achieve vengeance for her parents, as part of his quest.

Name: Koihime Musou
Genre: Fantasy
Starts: July 4

The requisite eroge-turned-anime, Koihime Musou follows the adventures of a high school boy named Kazuto who gets sucked into a Romance of the Three Kingdoms-esque fantasy world populated by hot babes.

Name: Natsume Yuujinchou
Genre: Supernatural
Starts: July 8

Lucky Natsume! He’s picked up his grandmother’s ability to see spirits– and her “Book of Friends,” which his less-than-kind granny used to bind the spirits to her against their will. Now Natsume has to dissolve all the contracts he’s inherited by tracking down the spirits…or being tracked down by them. And some of them are less than friendly…

Name: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Starts: July 11

No, it’s not some Haruhi ripoff. Haruka Nogizaka is the most beautiful, intelligent, kind, and unattainable girl at Yuuto’s school. So when he accidentally stumbles upon her one night and learns her secret, he’s stunned: she is a rabid, hardcore otaku. (Attractive female otaku? ZOMG IT’S A FANTASY SHOW!) Yuuto being the gentleman he is, he promises to keep her secret and becomes her confidante…and occasionally attendant as she heads into akiba

Name: Slayers REVOLUTION
Genre: Fantasy/Comedy
Starts: July 3

It took eleven years for this fourth season of Slayers to come about, and you can bet that fans of the classic fantasy parody/adventure series are rejoicing. Details on the plot, which is original rather than taken from Hajime Kanzaka’s novels, have been kept pretty mum, although you can expect to see the primary crew– petit sorceress Lina, intellectually-challenged knight Gourry, emo chimera Zelgadis, justice-loving Amelia, and mysteriuos priest Xellos –return. Some other familiar faces, such as Amelia’s dad Phil and the Gourry-obsessed Sylphiel, are rumored to return, as well as some characters from the novel we haven’t yet met in the anime, Rook and Mirina. A strange, slightly Pokemon-esque creature named Pokota is also set to appear.

Name: World Destruction ~Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin~
Genre: Fantasy
Starts: July 8

World Destruction is based on– or at least related to –an RPG being put out in Japan by Sega around the same time the anime airs. The plot revolves around Kirie, a boy who has immensely destructive powers for reasons he doesn’t know. He meets a group of people including a woman named Morte, who is part of a terrorist organization aimed at destroying the world. That’s about all we know, and that’s mostly about the game– Production I.G says that the anime will have a distinct story from the game’s.

Name: Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~
Genre: Fantasy/Comedy/Fanservice
Starts: July 7

The adventures of spoiled tsundere magician Louise and her pervy familiar Saito continue in this third season, which promises buxom fairies, buxom teachers, buxom maids, buxom princesses, and of course, delicious flat-chested Louise. I’m in!

Idealistic
Fri, 06-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Sekirei takes the crown this season.

Controlling girls with big boobs to fight?

Atheist
Fri, 06-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Blade of the immortal is the only interesting anime of that list, IMO.

Kraco
Fri, 06-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Slayers Revolution is interesting for old times sake. It was an annoying series in the sense it had pretty much zero development and thus more seasons only make it suffer more but who knows - maybe they came up with something new this time. It has been a decade or something since the last Slayers, after all.

BioAlien
Fri, 06-13-2008, 08:34 AM
These four are on my "To-Watch" list.

Natsume Yuujinchou
Look good at first glance, I kind of like Supernatural.

Sekirei
Another anime where a guy discover he has great power he didn't know about which affect women... Awesome!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works
I admit, I didn't watch the original series yet, but it's on my hard drive, waiting to be seen.

Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~
I liked the first 2 seasons, it did be a waste not to watch the third one.

There are a couples more, which I may give a chance after there's at least 5 episodes out, like IIkkiTousen Great Guardians, Birdy the Mighty DECODE, Koihime Musou, World Destruction ~Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin~ and Ultraviolet: Code 044. But that's it.

Munsu
Fri, 06-13-2008, 10:40 AM
These four are on my "To-Watch" list.

Natsume Yuujinchou
Look good at first glance, I kind of like Supernatural.

Sekirei
Another anime where a guy discover he has great power he didn't know about which affect women... Awesome!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works
I admit, I didn't watch the original series yet, but it's on my hard drive, waiting to be seen.

Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~
I liked the first 2 seasons, it did be a waste not to watch the third one.

There are a couples more, which I may give a chance after there's at least 5 episodes out, like IIkkiTousen Great Guardians, Birdy the Mighty DECODE, Koihime Musou, World Destruction ~Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin~ and Ultraviolet: Code 044. But that's it.
What, no Blade of the Immortal? Come on.

BioAlien
Fri, 06-13-2008, 10:51 AM
What, no Blade of the Immortal? Come on.
Well, sorry about that.
I'm not really a fan of samurai and historical anime...

I may watch it if it gets good review.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 06-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Only 2 stand out for me this upcoming season.

Blade of the Immortal
The manga was freaking awesome, i so cannot wait to see this series animated.

Slayers Revolution
it's Slayer so there really isn't much more to say on the subject.

the rest of them seems pretty meh and from the manga Sekirei is just another Ikkitousen clone so nothing special imo.

oh and the TTGL movie will be good but that doesn't actually count a new series but i'm hoping to be surprised by a few.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Hmm I have been reading Serikei from the start so I'm hyped about the anime now. Hurray for Tengen Toppen xD

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow... surprisingly (or not) I am not expecting to see any of these series... not even Slayers. Oh well... more time to write and videogames I guess...

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - I liked Otoboku (same director for this one), and there's the hope we won't have the quiet-type Mamiko Noto, so that's a bonus. *Crossing fingers for a Mutō-like character from Moyashimon*

Sekirei - I'm a fan of the manga, and the cast looks great, but on the downside, Seven Arcs is doing the production, and given the way they ultimately handled Nanoha StrikerS I'm skeptical. Still Nanoha A's was animated really well, so Sekirei will either be great or really terrible.

Slayers Revolution - I own all three series and a few of the movies, so this will be pretty much assumed, especially with the entire cast returning. Still, this will be hit or miss like Sekirei.

Nothing else interests me at all, and I wasn't interested enough to read Blade of the Immortal, so it is unlikely I will watch the anime version.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-16-2008, 06:50 PM
So this is all summer?

I'll need to get my hands on all three Slayers and watch them by then.....

Munsu
Tue, 06-17-2008, 04:45 AM
So this is all summer?

I'll need to get my hands on all three Slayers and watch them by then.....
All three Slayers? You're selling it short... you've got OVAs, Movies, etc.:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=39

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-17-2008, 06:04 AM
Whoa....I'm gonna be really busy this sumer (winter over here).:D Thanks Munsu.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Summer Preview by randomc.:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/06/29/summer-2008-preview/

And of course, their batch promo torrent:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=24417

ForteCross
Tue, 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
anyone knows if any fan sub anounced that they will be working on slayers?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Mishicorp, Toki/AQS, IY4Ever² Fansubs have announced they plan to.