PDA

View Full Version : The end of Inuyasha

Sapphire
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:26 AM
The 28th issue (released on June 11) of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine has confirmed that the next issue (on sale on June 18) will feature the final chapter of Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha time-traveling fantasy manga. Takahashi has been working on Inuyasha over the course of 11 years and seven months, more than 54 volumes, and 558 magazine installments. Inuyasha will be Takahashi's longest regularly serialized work — topping Urusei Yatsura (over eight years), Maison Ikkoku (seven years), and Ranma 1/2 (over eight years). (One-Pound Gospel, the Mermaid series, and Rumic Theater have all been running for more years, but were all also irregularly serialized and shorter in page count.)

ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-10/inuyasha-confirmed-to-end-next-wednesday-in-japan)

WoW!

(woops, please move this to general manga)

Abdula
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Uh, finally because really that wasn't going anywhere.

David75
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Does that author work alone?

And

How interresting that this person is able to create so many popular stories, that last for so long...

Munsu
Wed, 06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I think this belongs in the manga section, no?

Sapphire
Wed, 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, it does!

Anyway, I thought the end of the Inuyasha anime was TERRIBLE, but I still enjoyed the show before it got all monster of the week. Do Kagome and Inuyasha ever hook up?

Abdula
Wed, 06-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Manga isn't much better. What do you think?

How interresting that this person is able to create so many popular stories, that last for so long...
Uh, I'm guessing you've never read Inuyasha.

Anyway Munsu couldn't you just put this in the Inuyasha thread because its not like anyone posts there, other than DBZ ofcourse.

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-12-2008, 08:07 AM
i have zero interest in reading, but since i watched the anime when i was younger and got so pissed with it going nowhere, i am interested in finding out how it does end.

so, yeah, inform us, if you can!

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-12-2008, 09:41 AM
well, I'll be sure to make a detailed report of it, when it comes out (next week, dammit!).
later today, i'll write about the current chapter, provided it comes out.

Xyches
Wed, 06-18-2008, 07:28 PM
So boo,

If one were to want to start reading the Inuyasha manga from where the anime left off where would you recommend they start from?

Hypothetically of course.

Everon
Thu, 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
You can see the end at Onemanga or dl the torrent here.
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=23202

The ending is about exciting as the last 10 volumes.

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Well... only thing I can say (without reading the previous 200 chapters... lol) is that this endings is better than Ranma's. Seems Takahashi Rumiko studied a bit to make a better ending this time (LOL!!!)

Sapphire
Thu, 06-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Hrm. That was anticlimactic. Did I miss the epic kiss scene? So they are "living" together now, eh. I wonder if they will start up the anime again? I'd probably watch it, because I am sad like that and want to know what happens without flipping pages.

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I saw the first 10 or so episodes of Inuyasha on Adult Swim 5 years ago, then I stopped watching soon after because I realized it was shit.

I read the last 5 pages of the manga just now.

I feel I have missed nothing in between.

Fake Edit:
Hrm. That was anticlimactic. Did I miss the epic kiss scene? So they are "living" together now, eh. I wonder if they will start up the anime again? I'd probably watch it, because I am sad like that and want to know what happens without flipping pages.
You're right about the anticlimax. I can't think of a weaker ending than that.

Abdula
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:30 PM
It wasn't anticlimactic, that is just what qualifies as a climax in Inuyasha. You haven't missed anything other than an astounding amount of BS. I mean if you think Kishi does some crazy shit you should read Inuyasha, if only to see all the improbable things that happen.

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
You're right about the anticlimax. I can't think of a weaker ending than that.

Ranma?
Shaman King?

Sapphire
Fri, 06-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I can't decide if the anime's ending was way worse or only slightly better, either way I'm highly dissapointed. :/ Maybe it was just like, "Mehhh no one wants this to continue anyway, might as well stop abrubtly without tying too many strings." The first 3 episodes of Inu were probably the best IMO.

"I mean if you think Kishi does some crazy shit you should read Inuyasha, if only to see all the improbable things that happen."

I don't really get that sentence. o.O But I'm certainly not going to sit there and read 8 years of stagnant manga, if they ever restart the anime I sure hope they will jazz it up/make it more interesting or something like that, because it -did- have an interesting premise (wishful thinking).

Abdula
Fri, 06-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Its rather simple, people complain about the improbable, crazy and sometimes down right nonsensical things that happen in other mangas but that is the very reason I read Inuyasha just to see what Takahashi is going to pull out next.

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Its rather simple, people complain about the improbable, crazy and sometimes down right nonsensical things that happen in other mangas but that is the very reason I read Inuyasha just to see what Takahashi is going to pull out next.
Next week in Inuyasha, Kagome and Inuyasha almost hold hands!!!!

Thrilling!

Abdula
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll give you an example.
Incoherent spoiler

Older brother wants daddy's sword left for little brother, little brother cuts off older brother's left hand with sword. Older brother tries countless times to take sword over and over again and fails miserably each time. After one final miserable failure older brother gives up on ever getting sword. Congratulations, after failing and failing and failing to get daddy's sword so much so that you have given up on ever getting it you have earned a shonen power up. Arm that was cut off by daddy's sword magically regrows because in failing to acquire daddy's sword and giving up on ever getting it you have somehow surpassed your father. Shonen Bonus Prize, as proof that you have surpassed your father, arm that magically regrew comes with shiny new sword that just happens to conveniently be the only thing that can harm new villain.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I remember watching that in the anime.

Abdula
Sat, 06-21-2008, 10:23 AM
No what you're referring to isn't what I'm talking about. Just read this (http://www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/518/02-03/) one chapter.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-21-2008, 11:15 AM
e_e. I see.

rockmanj
Sun, 06-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Wow...That was almost incomprehensible...

Board of Command
Sun, 06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
No what you're referring to isn't what I'm talking about. Just read this (http://www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/518/02-03/) one chapter.
Wow that's terrible. I watched all 167 episodes of the anime and it seems the manga isn't any better.

Abdula
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Well the majority of the anime was actually canon material. All but the demon ninjas arc and a few episodes here and there. Anyway that one chapter is the perfect example of what Inuyasha is all about.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Wow... that chapter was...terrible...

XanBcoo
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow... that series was...terrible...
I agree.

I think, contrary to Ms. Takahashi's wishes, I will not be looking forward to her next work.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-26-2008, 03:52 AM
VGCatz had the best description of Inuyasha ever.

"It's Dragonball Z for chicks!"