PDA

View Full Version : Uchiha seemed weak

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 06-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Seriously, was the Leaf leadership scared of a clan that got destroyed by just two people?

Also I doubt the Leaf knew about Madara, they apparently thought Itachi can kill every member of his clan by himself. If they thought the Uchiha was that weak, I wonder why they even felt threatened.

Y
Mon, 06-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Seriously, was the Leaf leadership scared of a clan that got destroyed by just two people?

Also I doubt the Leaf knew about Madara, they apparently thought Itachi can kill every member of his clan by himself. If they thought the Uchiha was that weak, I wonder why they even felt threatened.

If he jumps a village while sleeping (the attack was carried out at night) who is going to oppose him? Most of the warriors he can just kill in their sleep at super speed. Plus if he gets in a bad situation he has the Mangekyou Sharingan so he can look at someone and paralyze them, then kill them instantly. That doesn't mean they were weak. I'm pretty sure I can kill Mike Tyson if he's asleep or paralyzed and I have a gun, which is basically the situation here.

SilentSnake
Mon, 06-09-2008, 03:55 AM
ditto.

also, element of surprise -> who would expect Itachi to kill his own people? Even if someone found out that ppl are dying they wouldn't think it's Itachi who's killing them.

UChessmaster
Mon, 06-09-2008, 07:45 AM
If he jumps a village while sleeping (the attack was carried out at night) who is going to oppose him? Most of the warriors he can just kill in their sleep at super speed. Plus if he gets in a bad situation he has the Mangekyou Sharingan so he can look at someone and paralyze them, then kill them instantly. That doesn't mean they were weak. I'm pretty sure I can kill Mike Tyson if he's asleep or paralyzed and I have a gun, which is basically the situation here.

But can you kill, hundres if not thousands of Mite Tyson if two or three are paralized and the rest are asleep? i see his point, it`s a NINJA village wich is the equivalent of military force in the Naruto universe, one would think they would have several guards at night...

Yukimura
Mon, 06-09-2008, 08:35 AM
You post guards at the edges of your base, not in the middle of the living areas. And even if the Uchiha had posted a guard force of its own (which is understandable considering they planned a coup) it would have probably been 1-2 person teams scattered around, easy pickings for Itachi to take out one at a time.

As to the numbers I wouldn't put them above a few hundred, does anyone have an extended family of 1000 people? A few hundred is still a lot of people to kill in one night but two people killing a few hundred surprised and off guard people in their sleep seems within the realm of shounen manga feasibility.

Abdula
Mon, 06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah especially if no knew he was the one doing the killing. If they saw some dead Uchihas and then they saw Itachi they would never even think that Itachi was the one who killed them, in fact they would probably feel safe because he is there. Just look at Sasuke he saw Itachi standing over his dead parents and the thought never even occurred to him that Itachi was the one who killed them.

As for Itachi and Madara killing the clan, there is the element of surprise and there is the fact that it was at night and no one would suspect Itachi. Plus Itachi had MS and none of the other Uchihas would have been able to counter that all he had to do was look them in the eye and its over, beyond that I highly doubt Itachi and Madara took on the Uchihas en mass because then, even as skilled as they are, they would have been outmatched. It would be more likely that they quietly eliminated one small group at a time or probably just moved from house to house. It has nothing to do with weakness.

February
Mon, 06-09-2008, 04:00 PM
We're talking about Itachi + Madara. Madara is either the strongest villian we've seen, or in the Top 3 at least. Itachi, as we know, is also ridiculously strong, proven by this recent fight verse Sasuke where he did not go all out on Sasuke. The manga failed to show the full extent of Itachi's power so we can only speculate. Orochimaru, who the story tells to be weaker than Itachi, was almost able to conquer Konoha with the help of some weaker ninjas. We can only imagine what Madara with Itachi can do.

This is also combined with the element of surprise like everyone talked about

sangai
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:11 PM
if i recall right, madara was helping itachi that night.

but in all honestly if itachi focused on the strongest targets in the clan and took them out first, im sure there are some who havn't activated or fully developed there sharingan.

in my openion a one night strike to take out 300 people or so would be rather easy for a accomplished nin like itachi and or madara.

Uberbaka
Sun, 06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
You do realize the irony of calling the crushed clan weak when the two who did the deed were in fact from said clan...?

With this in mind the statement that "you can destroy a whole, powerful, clan with only two high level Uchiha's" becomes true thus giving Konoha a pretty damn valid reason to worry.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
To me, the fact that Itachi managed to do this just highlighted how badass and strong he was as a shinobi, rather than how weak the clan was.

Abdula
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes, its like when we found out how the Sannins got their name. The fact that all three were defeated by one man didn't lessen my opinion of them, rather it just showed how truly powerful the person who defeated them was.

Minor
Thu, 06-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I just find it odd or hard to believe that no other Uchiha's were out on missions.

Though I suppose that is over analyzing.

Tyreal
Thu, 06-26-2008, 02:46 AM
I just find it odd or hard to believe that no other Uchiha's were out on missions.

Considering that the people who ordered the attack are the same people that organise the missions, combined with the fact that the Uchiha were planning a coup and probably wanted most of their people in the village as well I don't find it odd at all.

Archangel
Mon, 06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Also, if they were doing their coup very soon, why the hell would they have warriors outside of the village?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-03-2008, 06:53 AM

Though I suppose that is over analyzing.

I mean if you REALLY wanted to over analyze, you could assume that Danzou and the others purposely didnt give an Uchiha missions at that time to make sure that they were all there, Not to mention the fact that the Uchiha were given the job of Police of Konoha, which kinda means no outside missions for the most part anyway. AND! If someone was out of the village, Danzou and the others had people watching them 24/7 anyway, so I am guessing they already knew about it.