PDA

View Full Version : Game: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Arguably the best shooter of 2007, it's a wonder why it hasn't gotten a thread of it's own here in Gotwoot.
The story is centered around a fictional near-future conflict involving the United States, the United Kingdom, and Russia, who are fighting against Russian ultranationalists in civil war torn Russia, and rebels that have staged a coup d'état in a small Middle Eastern country. It is told from the perspectives of a United States Marine and a member of the British SAS, and is set in multiple locations, including the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Prypiat, Ukraine. The multiplayer portion of the game features various game modes, and contains a leveling system that allows the player to unlock additional weapons, weapon attachments, and camouflage schemes as they advance.[10] The game was in development for two years. It uses a proprietary game engine, and includes features that include true world-dynamic lightning, HDR lighting effects, dynamics shadows, and depth of field.[11]

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare received considerable praise and has won numerous awards from gaming websites, including IGN's "Best Xbox 360 Game".[12][13] It was the top-selling game worldwide for 2007, reaching over seven million copies as of January 2008

A number of us have this too, so chip in on what you think?

Honestly, I think this was pretty awesome, and pretty much the trump card of the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign was short but sweet, and multiplayer is addictive. You'd get bored after reaching General, but take a break, and you'll be back feverishly nailing people to get that those flashy camouflages.

It'd be fun to have a Gotwoot match. Only thing in the way would be some atrocious ping.

P.S. And the new Chinatown map is crazy.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-07-2008, 06:58 AM
the new chinatown map is old carentan (from cock of doodies 2).... but it took me some minutes to realise that...

but when I wanted to call in an airstrike it made *click*

that feeling was awesome, at first I thought "god damn this new map is extremely complex" but then, it was so easy ^^ I finally understood the map layout and was able to do 50% of my kills through a wall.. and some old nade tricks worked too.

well, I would join the fight, someone got a good server? :P

Genma
Sat, 06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I remember when my friend first got COD4 and we tried to play split-screen multiplayer. When we figured out it wasn't like Halo 3 or Gears, I immediately thought the game sucked. Even after a few multiplayer games I couldn't find it any better than mediocre.

After a few days of playing, I got addicted. Went out, bought the game, and now I play it more than any of my 360 games. :P Even GTA IV is collecting dust on my dresser... a game I'd originally intended to be the sole reason I bought a 360. All my friends were the same way: when GTA came out, every single one was playing, but now when I'm on I see 1 or 2 at most and everyone else playing COD4. It seems to draw you back in.

Oh yeah, beat singleplayer 100% as well. Mile High Club on veteran = hard, for sure. @_@;

Seeing as you guys seem to be playing the PC version, did the new map pack come out for free for PC? I'd buy them but $10 is a lot for a few maps (I've already memorized all of them from playing each maybe 2 times at a friend's house), so I'm just hoping they pull a Halo and eventually release them for free.

(Edit: Just noticed this was my 360th post. Bizarre.)

Psyke
Sat, 06-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Played and completed the PC version a while back, and I thought it was awesome too. I was surprised at how realistic the game was, as it included a lot of new military technology especially in the sensor and shooter aspect. Good game.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-07-2008, 02:13 PM
ya the patch (which had the mappack in it) came out for free for the PC version.

and the most difficult mission on veteran was actually the extra mission once you completed the game... in the boeing 747

you have like ~1 minute to clear 2 decks, with like ~30-40 terrorist on it. and you die with nearly every shot... I think it took me longer to finish this mission than actually the whole singleplayer lol ^^ (I played that mission for like 3-4 hours and died ~500 times)

well at least it had good music, and the starting scene was funny with that guy comming out of the toilette xD an ideal knife target

If you guys like the game, we could meet on a certain server, I'd like to give you some bullets between the eyes Heehe heeeee.....

ah and one funny thing happened in the trainings mission to me... where you have to make it through the training course as fast as possible, I actually managed to be faster than the this "IW-Time" (or whatever it was called) and he still said "Good, but I've seen better before" and I was like "no you have not!"

Genma
Sat, 06-07-2008, 02:16 PM
ya the patch (which had the mappack in it) came out for free for the PC version.

and the most difficult mission on veteran was actually the extra mission once you completed the game... in the boeing 747

Yeah, that's Mile High Club. Well, at least that's what the 360 achievement refers to it as.

I feel your pain on that one. Took me about two hours and I was on Skype with a friend and I got so frustrated I started yelling and junk, so she logged off. Haven't spoken to her since. :D

And curse you and your free map packs! ;_;

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-07-2008, 02:42 PM
oh ok, didn't know that it is called mile high club ^^

and I got fucking angry myself... I nearly cried btw..tears were filling my eyes xD
that was so horrible! I simply couldn't believe that I failed on the last 3 meters sometimes and had to start all over again!

but well, i regret nothing!

Cock of Doodies 4 had by far the most enjoying singeplayer ... No problem to make a Movie out of this, great story(!) and very nice missions... hell you won't believe how much I enjoyed all this... the first mission was alrdy cool and even better followed right after this one and the ending was made very beautiful as well... and lets not forget the "nuke" and the scenery when you crawled out of the chopper... this was actually pretty sad! It really made me feel sadness when that marine died.

which is actually pretty rare in a ego-shooter were you normally cut out everyemotion and "kill kill kill"...
The scene with the president was nice too.
God I could keep this up till tomorrow... but now.. give me a server, I wanna plaaaay ^^

Board of Command
Sun, 06-08-2008, 12:20 AM
CoD4 multiplayer was good for the first 30 or so hours. After that it got extremely repetitive.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-08-2008, 12:21 AM

The official story goes that the pack was free because Nvidia sponsored it.

Multiplayer's kinda and on/off thing right now. I'm just trying to get all my red tigers. They're easy for snipers, but near impossible for spray guns with terrible accuracy, like the M60.

Genma
Sun, 06-08-2008, 10:59 AM
CoD4 multiplayer was good for the first 30 or so hours. After that it got extremely repetitive.

What online shooter isn't repetitive?

COD4 has the best MP out there (on consoles at least) because it has so many different playmodes. Hardcore is a personal favorite of mine, since there's not a lot of bum rushing and using of UAV.

My one friend plays it so much that he's already racked in 15 days worth of playtime... and he didn't even buy it on release.

As for what I'm doing right now, I'm attempting to achieve 150 headshots with all the assault guns to get the golden AK. Only 3 guns left to go. :cool:

Board of Command
Sun, 06-08-2008, 03:16 PM
If you like the game then I'm not going to convince you otherwise. I liked it initially as well, and actually got quite far (lvl 55, blue tiger for most guns and several red tigers), but it felt extremely repetitive after a while because most of the maps are far too simple and usually too small. I also hated the airstrikes and helicopters.

I've moved on to Team Fortress 2 as far as online shooters go.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
You should give the new maps a try BoC. They're pretty alright. Well, some of them are. Killhouse=nade spamming, so that's not as fun.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Hmm I'll check it out then.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Four maps.

Campaign related:

1)Broadcast (TV station)
2) Creek (second last mission where you have to race down the hill to the extraction point)

Non Campaign related:

1) Killhouse (single warehouse with props from the training/flashing course)
2) Chinatown.(night time city with lots of buildings windows, mounted LMG, and a bakery that sells fish)

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Four maps.

Campaign related:

1)Broadcast (TV station)
2) Creek (second last mission where you have to race down the hill to the extraction point)

Non Campaign related:

1) Killhouse (single warehouse with props from the training/flashing course)
2) Chinatown.(night time city with lots of buildings windows, mounted LMG, and a bakery that sells fish)

Oo creek is SP related? didn't see that... this map (especially the valley in the middle of the map) seemed extremely new to me

and Chinatown is MP_Carentan (cod2) in CoD4 style ^^

btw BoC, join servers with airstrikes or heli disabled

many servers which only play the 4 news map have at least the heli disabled for some unknown reason.

ah and is it just me and my ultra 1337-hax skills or server realated? The Heli now crashes after shooting ~2 magazines at it

Paulyboy
Mon, 06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey im up for a gotwoot match, I got it for ps3 and im ready to pwn some nublights from gotwoot :). Im up for making a server.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I never knew there was a filter to disable helis and airstrikes. Maybe I'll get into CoD4 again knowing this. Heli is the most retarded thing ever.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey im up for a gotwoot match, I got it for ps3 and im ready to pwn some nublights from gotwoot :). Im up for making a server.

PC can't play with consoles, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not even sure if different consoles can play each other (ie 360 vs ps3)

Genma
Mon, 06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm not even sure if different consoles can play each other (ie 360 vs ps3)

They can't.

animus
Tue, 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I never knew there was a filter to disable helis and airstrikes. Maybe I'll get into CoD4 again knowing this. Heli is the most retarded thing ever.

I don't think they can if you're playing on the 360. Since games are hosted on people's consoles the settings are usually default. Playing with just your friends in an un-ranked match however you can adjust the settings I believe.

KrayZ33
Tue, 06-10-2008, 08:14 AM
On the PC you can... just now I played on a server without the Chopper... you still get it when you kill 6(?) guys in a row, but once you call it.. you can see it it flying into the map and directly out of it again not killing anyone. And 2 days before I played on a map with chopper enabled... but even on hardcore he didn't make more than 1 or 2 kills because he goes down directly when 1 or 2 guys decide to shoot at him with their MG or even MP
(On both servers no mod was running, I played the normal Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, at first I thought they forgot to include heli-waypoints but then a console message appeared "HELICOPTERS ARE DISABLED" which was repeated every 3 or 4 minutes)

You can change a lot.
you can en- or disable grenades.. allow certain power ups or disable them.

You can enable a strategy time whenever a new round starts (so you can change your class for example.. INGAME!!) however some of those settings requires to download a mod... and some do not (like the one with the chopper)
The mod however is not very big... maybe 2-3 MBs

one mod for example is called "Mod -ern- Warfare" whenever you join a server with that mod enabled it will change to it automatically and if you join a normal server after that, it changes to normal mode automatically.
Its not like you ruin the game if you download mods ^^

Well... all that was possible in Call of Duty 2.
You can limit certain weapons (for example only 1 sniper in each team) limit grenades or disable them fully. allow smoke or not... its up to the server. I don't know if they are ranked though but I was able to gain EXP on every server except those who require a mod (which I don't join because they have league settings sometimes.)

Board of Command
Tue, 06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I just played a bit of Chinatown and it seems like an okay map. Heli and airstrike were enabled though. It's pretty hard to find servers with that stuff disabled. Martyr is annoying as hell too.

All this stuff seem like cool features on paper, but they actually ruin the gameplay in my opinion. UAV is okay because there's a perk that counters it. The other stuff...not so much.

animus
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Airstrike and Heli are easy to dodge.

The perk actually counters both UAV and airstrike.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Airstrike and Heli are easy to dodge.

The perk actually counters both UAV and airstrike.

Huh? Are you saying that airstrikes don't kill UAV jammers? That's weird, since they actually do the whole carpet bombing thing.

The heli using UAV will be easier to believe though IMO. You argue that they see people on the UAV, then go and aim for them, rather than just looking for a target to shoot.

I'll try your theory though. Strap on a UAV jammer and hop into an airstrike. :D

animus
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I didn't mean that, but when people usually carpet bomb with airstrike, it's usually while a UAV is up, so they can get the most bang for their buck.

KrayZ33
Wed, 06-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I didn't mean that, but when people usually carpet bomb with airstrike, it's usually while a UAV is up, so they can get the most bang for their buck.

not necessarily true because people with a good hang of the map know where the opposite team will respawn judging from your own position and your whole team would need those UAV jammers... as long as there are 2-3 dots on the map, an airstrike will surely come to that position.

imho UAV is only usefull in hardcore mode... because once you have the drone active, nearly every player really starts to depend on it... I get suprised pretty easy by jammers. It's like "ok the street seems clear their respawn is miles away" *runs out* and then I hear something like "ALLAH MACHALAAAA" and I'm *dead* ^^

btw I love OpFor and Spetsnaz, especially Spetsnaz..

the helicopter is easy to bring down with a team who knows what they are doing.. 2 people are enough to bring it down in less than 2 magazines. and anyways just don't go into open air when the helicopter appears, and try not to face the front of it and everything is fine ^^

even on hardcore its pretty easy not to get hit by it even though 1 single shot would be enough to kill you.

btw did they change the pump-gun player model? at least the OpFor model looks different (you probably know that the play model is decided by the weapon-type you use)

Deadfire
Wed, 06-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I play this game all the time on PC. I play on realism servers so I never really have the issue of marty (ban on sight of anyone having it) and a few other rules that makes the game more of a challenge. Helis are easy to take down with a good team, but most players seem to want to get out of spawn and never look up. (plus that damn thing must have fucking aim-bot as well)

As well Realism mods like TRM and RTR disable all that crap anyways so I have much more fun that way.
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/firesofdead.png (http://profile.xfire.com/firesofdead)

Animeniax
Wed, 06-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I always have fun with martyr. I don't like it when servers start messing with the rules to make it "more balanced". It's easy to dodge martyr, you just have to keep moving to avoid the grenade. I haven't played CoD4 multiplayer online, though I have played multiplayer LAN and it's the best multiplayer game ever, imo.

If anything needs to be fixed, it's the M203. We have guys running around wreaking havoc with what basically amounts to a newb-cannon. But I stand by my first position, I don't like when servers start restricting stuff, though the AWM/AWP in CS:S is incredibly annoying.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I've got to find some other servers to play on. All I play these days is TDM, and that kinda gets pointless after a while. It's awesome for cranking up kills and headshots though. There's just that many heads to pop. :D

KrayZ33
Thu, 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM
go for HQ! its actually my favorite gametype... its cool, once you secured the HQ and defend it with the last survivors against waves of enemy assaults.

it gets pretty awesome when there are just 3 people in your team alive, each one defending a different side.. throwing out grenades which have been thrown in by enemy players before etc ^^

feels a bit like a singleplayer co-op mission then

and sooner or later you will just get owned for sure ^^
I'm not a fan of S&D in call of duty 4 because you die to easily and have to wait tooooo long.

Sabotage is much better there.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-13-2008, 12:44 AM
One time we were playing Sabotage, we just kept getting pinned by these two snipers. They had an awesome team. But yeah, I'm trying different game types now. All on H/C. It's pretty interesting.

KrayZ33
Wed, 06-25-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35412.html

*dgiinnng dgiiiing*

at first I was a bit dissapointed about the whole ww2 shit again but when I saw katanas and flamethrowers and all the nice bushes etc I got pretty happy... could get really interesting (especially multiplayer)

btw I didn't want to open a new thread for this ^^

Sandldan
Wed, 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Used to play Cod 4 with some friends all days a while ago. Then after a weekend we just suddenly stopped, should try to get it going again.

One late night i came up with the idea of creating a knife class, that map ended with me having around 30 kills and 3 deaths all with the knife. Not much has beaten the rush i've gotten from stabbing 6 people from behind at the same time. The satisfaction from knifing someone after stalking them waiting for a moment to strike is worth it all.

Here's the most decent video i found of someone playing with the knife, a few nice chainkills there. But he doesnt have a single "knife perk"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VeEeCDP7d3Y

Board of Command
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I've played several games with RPG only. It's kinda hard when you get two shots for the entire round.

Pistol only is pretty cool. Silenced pistols are actually pretty powerful in close range. Deagle sucks.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Aye, second that on deagle.

When you start off, you call out for high cal weapons like the deagle and the R700. By the time you unlock and play with them, you find that as long as you don't have atrocious aim, the weaker guns are enough to kill plenty. I haven't played RPG only. What happens when you run out? Knife only's pretty common.

Board of Command
Wed, 06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Not to mention that deagle only has a 7 round clip. Even though the power is awesome, you can shoot pistols fast enough in COD4 that the firing speed of the weaker pistols makes up for the lower power. Plus, the silencer is some times crucial for what you want to do.

I haven't played RPG only. What happens when you run out?
Use pistol. I'm usually dead by the time I fire the second rocket because I always try to run into firefights to get my rocket's worth.

KrayZ33
Thu, 06-26-2008, 04:38 AM
deagle = weak? well only on hardcore

the deagle has better range/dmg/accuracy than most SMG on range.
if you aim well it goes like: "pew pew: kill - pew pew: kill"
the range is awesome and so is its accuracy even in rapid fire

I've got more problems with semi-atuomatic rifles like the m16(?) (or snipers like the dragonuv or whatever its called) because the recoil is too strong

animus
Thu, 06-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Lol M16...?

Animeniax
Thu, 06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
M16 kicks ass on CoD4 if you know how to use it.

KrayZ33
Thu, 06-26-2008, 11:20 AM
wow, sry m14

m16 is easy mode @ long range. ^^

I simply don't understand this weapon

the m16, g3 are so much better.. less recoil and about the same dmg.

Board of Command
Thu, 06-26-2008, 06:15 PM
M16 is my second favorite gun next to MP5. Its accuracy is ridiculous -- almost feels like you're aimbotting.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-29-2009, 04:47 PM
http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

teaser

doesn't really show much but ooooh well.. it's just a teaser after all

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Nice. Thanks for the link. Modern Warfare's captured my interest the most of the 5, so Mod. Warfare 2 should be good.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-16-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay-reveal-modern-warfare/49095

some ingame scenes, oh god this looks awesome
(not many scenes again but oh well I'm sure we'll get to see more on 24th)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I like the environment. Feels fresh compared to all the "dirty" maps on CoD4. Is it developed by Infinity Ward again?

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-16-2009, 08:11 PM
yes it is

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/reveal-trailer-modern-warfare/49655?type=flv

you'll enjoy it, trust me :)

the best thing about this is that I know this game will not disappoint me, no matter how big the hype is.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Good action, and I'm loving the new environment. I do think that's what killed those WW2 ones, as well as making CoD4 a refreshing change.

One thing I did notice was the graphics, and I kind of expected them to have improved more these two years. Some of those scenes, especially some of the "slums' quarters" ones looked a bit plasticy, almost reminding me of the Source engine.

Knifing FTW !!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Holy Shit. I got killed by a missile. A freaking missile!!

I thought they were just for show.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-08-2009, 06:40 AM
finally some real gameplay footage!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-modern-warfare/50040

pay atention on Cpt. MacTavish when they slide down that snowy hillside and how he gets back into a firing position xD such a badass imo.

btw I'm not sure whether they don't show it so you can see the scenery etc better but there is no ammo-bar/ compass etc. anymore

when you recieve a new objective however the compass is shown for a short time.
I'd be cool if this it's really meant to be this way.

oh btw did I mention Captain "Soap" MacTavish already? So this is what I looked like in Call of Duty 4? awesome :P

hmm but if he's a captain now, so Cpt. Price is *sniff* dead? :(

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Boy can you feel the adrenaline rush on that snowmobile. :)

I sure hope they keep that ammo-bar off screen, and same with the map. It means you'll have to pay attention to your clip and know your map in multiplayer, but it'll be a good change. It's the exact mix of normal/hard-core mode I wanted.

I hope Price made it through. Maybe he's promoted or something. The SAS storyline was always more engaging than the Marines one.

KrayZ33
Wed, 07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-debut-modern-warfare/53383

multiplayer trailer

watch out for that AC130

oh my god, this is going to be cool :P

Marik
Wed, 07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Nice, the end of the video was great. The game looks awesome, graphically. It's more brighter and colorful than the first one. I can't wait to try it out.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Nice, the end of the video was great. The game looks awesome, graphically. It's more brighter and colorful than the first one. I can't wait to try it out.

From what I can see, it makes better use of HDR lighting. It (the game play) feels a lot more dynamic. It's a trailer, but who knows.

Any news on what sort of DRM will come with this?

Marik
Wed, 07-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Any news on what sort of DRM will come with this?
Not yet. Probably won't know until it's close to the Nov 10th launch..

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/MW2%20_%20PE%20Contents_%20PS3LG.jpg

The Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition comes with:
Steel book with metallic finish
Artbook
Token to download the original Call of Duty
Night Vision Goggles that is capable of seeing up to 50 feet
Collector's stand to hold your goggles that is individually numbered.$149.99

I wonder how dependable these goggles will actually be. It would suck to get them and have them break not long after.

KrayZ33
Thu, 07-30-2009, 04:09 AM
the googles, they do nothin'!

btw they look shitty in my opinion.. I'd prefer one from splinter cell

Animeniax
Thu, 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM
The NV goggles don't actually work in the N? They look like old generation technology NV goggles. Newer gen ones are a lot smaller, but of course having a pair of those in the collector's edition would make it cost about $1000.

Marik
Fri, 08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Modern Warfare 2 Features Cameo From 50 Cent

http://thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/50-cent-visits-infinity-ward

That's something I didn't expect.

Stitch
Wed, 08-19-2009, 12:38 PM
LOL has anyone seen screenshots of the Wii version yet? LOLOLOLOLOL OMG.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Pics or GTFO.

Pandadice
Wed, 08-19-2009, 01:30 PM
awman, modern warfare 2 looks so amazing!

mm didn't really get into the story of COD4.. only ever play multiplayer online. in fact, i'm gonna go play it as soon as i'm done with this post...

my favorite gun to use would be the G3, and the M40A3 (the first bolt-action that you get). i hope they add more power to the sniper rifles in MW2, or if they don't do that, at least give us a rifle that can be both silenced and scoped.

Marik
Wed, 08-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Pics or GTFO.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for Wii coming November 10th.

http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/codwii1.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/codwii1.jpg)
http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/codwii2.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/codwii2.jpg)
http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/codwii3.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/codwii3.jpg)
http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/codwii4.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/codwii4.jpg)
http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/codwii5.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/codwii5.jpg)
http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/codwii6.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/codwii6.jpg)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-31-2009, 02:33 AM
How many of you are still fragging on this every now and again?

I'm going through completing all my camouflages, and so I finally tried a proper game with the skorpion (previously 7 kills, 1 headshot since I got the game....2 years ago?).

Anyway, that gun is sick. It's basically the MP5 with less range and higher firing rate, making it an uber killer on small to small-medium maps.

Only problem I found is that I'll chew through all my clips and have to either pistol kill (so funny when that happens), and/or steal another weapon.

I so wish I took notice of this gun earlier. I've also all but ignored the MP44, M14, and until recently, shotguns, all along.

(shotguns are a killer too, but its effectiveness is limited to certain maps. )

Pandadice
Mon, 08-31-2009, 02:47 AM
(shotguns are a killer too, but its effectiveness is limited to certain maps. )

i haven't really tried the shotguns of COD4, but i used them in COD:WAW on some maps, and they were indeed effective.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-06-2009, 03:27 AM
CTF
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=modern+warfare+2+flag&search_type=&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y7yTAK_xNs

I wonder what the killing bar at the bottom is... with all the logos and the additional names etc.

Marik
Wed, 09-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Microsoft Releasing 250GB Xbox 360 For Modern Warfare 2

Infinity Ward announced at a press event in Los Angeles today that, to commemorate the release of the game, Microsoft will be releasing a brand new model of the Xbox 360 based on Modern Warfare 2.

Beginning with the game's worldwide release on November 10, eager fans of the franchise can arm themselves with the limited edition Xbox 360, which will feature a custom black case design inspired by the game, a 250GB hard drive, two wireless controllers, an Xbox 360 headset, and a standard edition copy of the Modern Warfare 2 game.

"It’s thrilling to bring the exclusive Modern Warfare 2-inspired Xbox 360 console to Call of Duty fans," Adam Pollington, Xbox 360 Category Manager for Australia and New Zealand said. "Being able to work so closely with the talented team at Infinity Ward on the design has enabled us to develop a console that will set bragging rights around the world. These fans deserve the biggest Xbox 360 console ever."

Pollington also said the first two Modern Warfare 2 maps to be released will be available first on Xbox Live.

The Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 limited edition console will be sold in Europe, the Middle East, UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Australia and New Zealand and retail in the US for US$399 and Australia for A$599. In the UK, the console will retail exclusively in Game and Gamestation stores.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/250gb1.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/250gb2.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/250gb3.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/250gb4.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/250gb5.jpg

For $100 more than the current 120GB Elite, you get 130 more gigs, a $60 game, and a extra $50 controller. Not a bad deal at all.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-16-2009, 06:54 AM
wow this one looks really good. I might get this since I don't have a console yet... but I always thought it's going to be a PS3 hmm

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Well, if there was ever a time for me to get a 360, this would be it. I only want MW2 on PC though.

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/infamy-trailer-modern-warfare/57266?ref=playerfeat

nice new trailer. they took the fight to washington DC.. successfully

I want to know how Makarov managed to get so far :(

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Modern Warfare 2: Yep, its a console port (http://www.3fl.net.au/index.php?itemid=834)

Pandadice
Wed, 10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
has anyone seen this footage of the first level of MW:2?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/333463.html

Animeniax
Wed, 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Modern Warfare 2: Yep, its a console port (http://www.3fl.net.au/index.php?itemid=834)
Oh man that sucks. Why oh why do game companies not want to produce a completely successful product? I'll still buy since the single-player is what I care about most, but this still sucks.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
has anyone seen this footage of the first level of MW:2?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/333463.html

You get to play as terrorists? Nice.

Oh man that sucks. Why oh why do game companies not want to produce a completely successful product? I'll still buy since the single-player is what I care about most, but this still sucks.

I guess it doesn't really affect my since I won't by running any dedicated servers anyway, but it would be good they released it as a downloadable patch later on so there'll be more server variety.

Oh, and from what I heard, Steamworks will be the PC-DVD's DRM.

Marik
Wed, 11-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Modern Warfare 2 Launch Trailer feat. Eminem (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-trailer-modern-warfare/58641?type=flv)

Only 6 days away.

Pandadice
Tue, 11-10-2009, 03:09 AM
so my bro got modern warfare 2 and I just played it. its really good.

KrayZ33
Tue, 11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
just read something about the game:

you can't even lean to the left or right? wtf
fucking consoles ruin the whole gameplay...

no replay
no ingame-console

~~
weak...very weak

I hope someone is trying to troll me but I doubt it.

Assertn
Tue, 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Modern Warfare 2 Surround Vision (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2009-11-08-modern-warfare-2-interactive_N.htm)

This project was contracted out to me by ant farm over the past month or so. I think its neat, although it runs like a bitch on my mac.

animus
Tue, 11-10-2009, 03:03 PM

no replay
no ingame-console

~~
weak...very weak

Don't doubt it, since there's not even dedicated servers for the PC version.

No dedicated servers on the PC version is inexcusable.

Idealistic
Tue, 11-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Don't doubt it, since there's not even dedicated servers for the PC version.

No dedicated servers on the PC version is inexcusable.

Yeah. I heard about that and was like, I guess console it is.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM

no replay
no ingame-console

~~
weak...very weak

But I LOVE leaning and sniping. :(

Meh, I'm still picking it up on PC sometime anyway, unless more shit turns me off.

Psyke
Wed, 11-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Just got my copy an hour ago, hopefully will find time to give it a go soon. I only played the first game on PC, but hopefully the PS3 experience will be just as good :)

KrayZ33
Wed, 11-11-2009, 08:33 AM
But I LOVE leaning and sniping. :(

Meh, I'm still picking it up on PC sometime anyway, unless more shit turns me off.

I've read a few reviews and the SP seems to be fantastic.
get ready to barricade yourself in a burger-shop ^_^

I ordered an english import on amazon yesterday... I hope I'll hold it in my hands by the end of the week

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
My 9800GTX+ just died recently a few hours ago (artefacts @ BIOS...wtf?)

I'm using my old 8500GT atm, so it looks like I won't be playing any games in the meanwhile.

I'll do some more testing after exams before I decide if a new card is necessary or not, meaning I won't be touching this for 2 weeks minimum.

Assertn
Wed, 11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Ant farm gave me a free copy Modern Warfare 2: PS3 Hardened edition.

Too bad I don't have a PS3...

animus
Wed, 11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Lucky you. I still haven't picked up a copy. I was thinking between getting it on the PC or PS3. First choice was gonna be 360 but it got perma-banned heh.

Abdula
Thu, 11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Ant farm gave me a free copy Modern Warfare 2: PS3 Hardened edition.

Too bad I don't have a PS3...
I got a free copy of the 360 version on Sunday. The game is great, much better than COD 4 IMO. I don't know what got into Infinity Ward this time around though, as it seems they tried to handicap every version. Most of the multiplayer playlists don't support party chat and that really just limits what I play because game chat is horrible.

KrayZ33
Thu, 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
got the game and took me 5 hours to go through the single player campaign on hard...

I died like 20 times in the first 2 minutes on veteran

it really sucks that you can't lean to the left or right... it's difficult enough to spot enemies on most maps and now you can't even take a quick look by leaning to the side.

it makes the game less "cool" if you ask me.

however the game has so many awesome scenes. it's beautiful
I was really afraid during the last fight.

Psyke
Fri, 11-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Were we able to lean left and right in the first game? I kinda forgot....

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Were we able to lean left and right in the first game? I kinda forgot....

On PC you could. Not sure about consoles.

animus
Fri, 11-13-2009, 10:34 AM
You couldn't on consoles.

Psyke
Fri, 11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Just completed the game, and yeah no leaning's pretty bad in some situations, and you have to expose yourself to get a clear shot. The game's pretty good and keeps the pace fast and furious, but I had to retry a few encounters several times just because I didn't go the path the game wanted me to, and it limited the different number of ways I could complete the mission. Will try out the multiplayer soon, after I go for the Special Ops missions.

KrayZ33
Sat, 11-14-2009, 06:46 AM
oh nice... PEGI and USK versions are not compatible for spec-ops mode, nice one infinity wards... nice one...

edit: works if you change your game language (but steam will reinstall the game then)

Psyke
Tue, 11-17-2009, 04:54 AM
MW2 anger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY)

I certainly hope this person is an isolated case. SPOOF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJwlh8H-qw)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-17-2009, 05:22 AM
MW2 anger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY)

I certainly hope this person is an isolated case. SPOOF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJwlh8H-qw)

This needs to go in the funny video thread Psyke. I'm sore from grinning. The first kid though...man, he took this way too seriously....

"It's not my game".....
.....find another?

He's pretty much suffering a break-up because things didn't work out after X number of years.

Except in hours.

With a game.

Psyke
Tue, 11-17-2009, 08:12 AM
The spoof was great. "There's milk on the wall!" :p

Animeniax
Tue, 11-17-2009, 01:40 PM
So the first kid is upset with himself for spending 17 hours playing CoD? Did I get that right? If so, at least he realizes he wasted 17 hours of his life and will spend his time more wisely from now on.

Spoof video is good, but the kid in the first video needs counseling, not insults.

Animeniax
Fri, 12-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Question about Prestige levels, to get to each prestige level, do you have to advance 70 levels? So for all 10 prestige levels, you have to advance 700 levels???

KrayZ33
Fri, 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
yup after lvl 70 you have to do another level to unlock prestige

and after you are prestige 70 you have to unlock prestige 2 if I'm not mistaken

but it doesn't really take much time. if you use challanges (which reset and you get a few extra challanges when you start prestige) u level really fast

I'm not aiming for challanges and are quite fast too I think

2d12h, first prestige lvl60

Animeniax
Fri, 12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
yup after lvl 70 you have to do another level to unlock prestige

and after you are prestige 70 you have to unlock prestige 2 if I'm not mistaken

but it doesn't really take much time. if you use challanges (which reset and you get a few extra challanges when you start prestige) u level really fast

I'm not aiming for challanges and are quite fast too I think

2d12h, first prestige lvl60
2d12h to go from prestige 1 to prestige 60? Or from 1 to prestige 60? Cause it took me 2d17hrs to go from 1-70. I don't plan on spending much time leveling again. I just want my AK47.

Pandadice
Fri, 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM
i wanna prestige at least to third, just for the ThirdTimesaCharm or whatever it is title. That thing is pretty sweet.

Xelbair
Sat, 12-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I just want my ACR - i don't care about prestige.
back to grinding :]

Animeniax
Sat, 12-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I sort of regret prestiging. I was just getting to know my AK-47 and after almost 70 hours of game time, I was ready to quit playing CoD. Now I'm working my way back up so I can get an AK-47 again. Good thing is winter break is here, so I have plenty of free time to waste leveling up.

Pandadice
Sat, 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM
my biggest problem is balancing watching anime and playing mw2 xD.

Psyke
Mon, 12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
on veteran they hit you non-stop while running, you need a decoy (ur m8) and most of the time you run out of bullets and you die before you reload.

because there isn't just one juggernaut...more like three or five at the same time

the easiest way to defeat them is to block them while you are injured... they will ignore you and you can knife them to death.
and your m8 revives you when the timer is about to run out, but as I said, thats just lame.

the wave-defence at burgertown with 2-3 sentry turrets is the best mission in my opinion

I'm playing solo most of the time so I can't make use of being injured to hit them. For the High Explosive mission, I just make use of the fact that they can't jump over windows, and go round and round shooting them with the Thumper till they fall.

There are some missions which I thought were unique and I liked a lot, such as Hidden and Estate Takedown. For Hidden, there are so many different strategies to use. I always like to use system exploits, for example, they can never find me on the tower, so I'd attract the hostiles out into the open from the field, snipe them, booby trap the house with C4 and Claymores, and then go up the tower and use a non-silenced weapon to attract the other hostiles over. Slower, but fun to see them running around looking for me. :D

Stitch
Mon, 12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Man, the fast-paced gameplay and perfectly tight controls make the single player in this game so fucking beast, that the shitty multiplayer's camp fest and killstreak hell makes up for it.

Thank you, Infinity Ward, for completely fucking up and giving me more reasons to love Killzone 2 multiplayer. I can't wait for more Killzone 2 noobs to fall in love with it for the same reasons, so I can continue to pwn them for months -- hopefully years.

Animeniax
Mon, 12-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Man, the fast-paced gameplay and perfectly tight controls make the single player in this game so fucking beast, that the shitty multiplayer's camp fest and killstreak hell makes up for it.

Thank you, Infinity Ward, for completely fucking up and giving me more reasons to love Killzone 2 multiplayer. I can't wait for more Killzone 2 noobs to fall in love with it for the same reasons, so I can continue to pwn them for months -- hopefully years.
Sorry you can't keep up with us on MW2 multiplayer. Once you get the skills to compete, it's a lot of fun. But you have to put in the time to get there, same as anything else you do in life.

Xelbair
Tue, 12-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I found that akimbo uzi are great and fun, with right perks, also EBR can be used as a assault riffle similar to FAL, if you use Acog sight.
if someone wants to play just msg me on steam(Xelbair[PL]), but beware - i'm playing only on hardcore(without the damned ui)

KrayZ33
Tue, 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
the most stupid thing is the skull which appears when ur m8 dies and the enemy "hides" behind it. YOU CAN'T SEE THEM THEN, ITS ANNOYING

today was a good CoD6 day... ACR-Assault Rifle -> 2x 25-0 2x Nuke finish
gosh I love that sound *peep...peep*

however IWnet seems to get fucked up more each day... sometimes it takes like 5 minutes to join a game because I get kicked out of the lobby all the time, or simply because the host can't handle it and the game closes in the middle of the session (he seems to fail @ picking a new host very often)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Still no dedicated server patch?

Animeniax
Tue, 12-29-2009, 06:28 PM
the most stupid thing is the skull which appears when ur m8 dies and the enemy "hides" behind it. YOU CAN'T SEE THEM THEN, ITS ANNOYING

today was a good CoD6 day... ACR-Assault Rifle -> 2x 25-0 2x Nuke finish
gosh I love that sound *peep...peep*

however IWnet seems to get fucked up more each day... sometimes it takes like 5 minutes to join a game because I get kicked out of the lobby all the time, or simply because the host can't handle it and the game closes in the middle of the session (he seems to fail @ picking a new host very often)
Yeah I've been noticing problems with IWnet more and more lately. Thought it was just me. Takes a while to connect to games, disconnects me from lobbies frequently, and moves the game from host to host seemingly at random.

I just got ACR on prestige 1. Debating using that or working on pumping up an LMG.

25-0? Do you camp a lot? I run around too much to ever get a 25 kill streak.

Pandadice
Tue, 12-29-2009, 06:37 PM
the other day I got a 21 kill streak (my current highest v_v).. I know it's not a nuke, but i felt pretty good about it :\. you really tense up when you get that high <.<. each kill just puts more and more pressure on you :x.

and you don't have to camp to get nukes.. i mean, maybe a stationary kill here and there, but i was constantly moving when i got that 21 streak <.<.

also marathon pro + lightweight pro + commando pro + tactical knife = one super fun knife class

oh yeah, i got 500 head shots the other day on the Scar, to completely max it out. but it didn't give me anything except 10k exp v_v. man, 500 head shots, i was expecting some kind of cool title. But you gotta prestige to get the titles for headshots...

Xelbair
Tue, 12-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Yep IWnet sucks hard.
Which game mode do you mostly play?
Personally I can't stand non-hardcore modes(maybe because I've been only playing cod4 on hc), and hardcore team deatchmatch is my favorite.

I don't get how you can play without ninja pro and cold blood - they are obligatory for me.
Also I tend to use reloading one - I've got habit of reloading after i finish shooting.

Pandadice
Tue, 12-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Yep IWnet sucks hard.
Which game mode do you mostly play?
Personally I can't stand non-hardcore modes(maybe because I've been only playing cod4 on hc), and hardcore team deatchmatch is my favorite.

I don't get how you can play without ninja pro and cold blood - they are obligatory for me.
Also I tend to use reloading one - I've got habit of reloading after i finish shooting.

i played pretty much exclusively HC on cod:waw, but on MW2 i mostly play Mosh Pit. and when i'm not playing that i go between Team Death Match and Sabotage (sabotage = 20 minute score-limit-less TDM. perfect for getting a nuke)

that class i posted with lightweight and commando is just a fun knife class me and my friends use, and see who can get the most knife kills and stuff. The real class i use when playing is

Scavenger pro - seriously need the ammo. though I do like Sleight of Hand as well, because i too reload after every kill/shot
Cold-Blooded pro - most people i talk to say Stopping Power is the only way to go, but you don't even need it on the Scar, and it doesn't even really do anything on the FAL.
Ninja pro - dead silence, and takes care of heart-beat sensors (which i find more people using every day O_o)

then for my main gun, I switch between the Scar and FAL. the Scar is just so easy to use, but I really love the FAL.

secondary is a stinger (if i'm trying to love up cold-blooded. which i am.. i'm trying to max it out completely. only need to kill 250 kill streak rewards v_v). and when I'm not doing that I use a the uhh what is it, USB (i think that's right), or the m9 (to keep my class similar to cod:4). I've never been a fan of the magnum and the d'eagle's kick :\

-

and whats the deal with commando as a perk completely maxing out at 100 knife kills? you get commando pro at 20 knife kills.. i can get that in one game. while then cold-blooded, a perk that is only level-able based on how well your opposing team does (whether or not they're able to call in kill streaks). and then lightweight, run for like.. 250 miles?! marathon maxes out at like 104 or something, while lightweight is over double that!

the perk-leveling is pretty unbalanced <.<

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-30-2009, 08:08 AM
I use scavanger (which is a must with ACR) stopping power and commando pro, because fall dmg sux and imp. knife range is always a good thing (especially against other full knife builds)

25-0? Do you camp a lot? I run around too much to ever get a 25 kill streak.

I wouldn't call it camping, its not like I'm sitting in a dark corner or something.
if I'm going for a the nuke-killstreak I start to "guard" a whole area more or less.

for example on Terminal.. if you start where the metal-detecors are: I go right - behind the big pillar and guard the Libary store, the mess hall and the long floor which leads to the plane
So actually I can be attacked from 3 sides and I'm standing in the open.
It's easy to know where they'll spawn and come from and once I have 7 or 11 kills, the nuke is basically safe

Harrier + ACU130 = 25 kills in no time... yes both add to the kill-counter
it would be easier with the chopper gunner but the ACU130 is more stylish ^^

Game mode:
I play Team-Deathmatch all the time. There is no need to play Hardcore for me because it is annoying to die from spray-bullets *all the time*.

on CoD4 I played TDM-Hardcore all the time, but in my opinion you die fairly easy with 1-4 hits on normal-mode too, which is fast enough (depends on the weapon)

btw my steam account is KrayZ33..

Psyke
Wed, 12-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I just entered the multiplayer fray. Think I've reached level 13 or 14. I think I'm pretty bad though, highest streak was around 7, and on good matches I can only get the second spot. But considering how high level the other players are, I think I can still afford to give myself time to get better...

Pandadice
Wed, 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM
I use scavanger (which is a must with ACR) stopping power and commando pro, because fall dmg sux and you imp. knife range is always a good thing (especially against other full knife builds)

yeah, that (except the acr. think he uses like the m16) is the same set-up my friend who's gotten a handful of nukes uses.

I wouldn't call it camping, its not like I'm sitting in a dark corner or something.
if I'm going for a the nuke-killstreak I start to "guard" a whole area more or less.

for example on Terminal.. if you start where the metal-detecors are: I go right - behind the big pillar and guard the Libary store, the mess hall and the long floor which leads to the plane
So actually I can be attacked from 3 sides and I'm standing in the open.
It's easy to know where they'll spawn and come from and once I have 7 or 11 kills, the nuke is basically save

yeah, i wouldn't call that camping. it's just shrinking the map some and making it more controllable.

besides, it's not really camping, it's just "strategic waiting" xD

Harrier + ACU130 = 25 kills in no time... yes both add to the kill-counter
it would be easier with the chopper gunner but the ACU130 is more stylish ^^

I go with attack helicopter and chopper gunner :\. lol, was going with the pavelow but then i found out the hard way that it doesn't count towards killstreak >.<.

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
I just entered the multiplayer fray. Think I've reached level 13 or 14. I think I'm pretty bad though, highest streak was around 7, and on good matches I can only get the second spot. But considering how high level the other players are, I think I can still afford to give myself time to get better...

that's normal, when I started, I had serious problems to seperate junk from players
oh and the chickens...
I emptied a few magazine on them.. I try to shoot them even now, sometimes...

it was really difficult to see players at the beginning, everything is so full of nooks and crannies

Animeniax
Wed, 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah a 7 streak is pretty good considering at your level you get the weakest weapons and few killstreak rewards. I struggle to get more than 7 in a streak because I invariably get shot in the back. I hate sitting in a part of the map where no red dots are nearby.

Xelbair
Wed, 12-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I've got commando maxed out before lvl 10... and indeed those running perks and cold blood takes too much time to max out.

KrayZ - since when does kills from killstreak rewards add to killstreak? I've used ac-130 few times and did not notice increase in killstreak.

I prefer Sleight of Hand over Scavenger because if i run out of ammo i pick up enemy's weapon, and faster ADS from pro saved my life many times.

Today i also tried, after going from lvl 10 to 62 on hardcore(plus few weekly lanparties with hc tdm/sabotage in cod4), normal TDM... it ened badly for me - I've got habbit of shooting enough bullets to kill in hc, but that approx 1/3 of what i need to put into guy in normal.

And i miss Sabotage hc - i've loved that mode in cod4. Damn IWnet is just step backwards.

weakest weapons at low lvl? try ump, Barret or m4(one of most used weapons) then..
(it does not change the fact i prefer m16a4 and m14 EBR over them)

Pandadice
Wed, 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I've got commando maxed out before lvl 10... and indeed those running perks and cold blood takes too much time to max out.

KrayZ - since when does kills from killstreak rewards add to killstreak? I've used ac-130 few times and did not notice increase in killstreak.

I prefer Sleight of Hand over Scavenger because if i run out of ammo i pick up enemy's weapon, and faster ADS from pro saved my life many times.

Today i also tried, after going from lvl 10 to 62 on hardcore(plus few weekly lanparties with hc tdm/sabotage in cod4), normal TDM... it ened badly for me - I've got habbit of shooting enough bullets to kill in hc, but that approx 1/3 of what i need to put into guy in normal

it's not that i think the perks take too much time to max. it's just i think commando doesn't take enough.

and to my knowledge everything but pave-lows count towards your kill streak.

of course, they only count if you get them legitimately. anything you pick up out of a care package won't count towards your kill streak. but like, if you actually get an 11 streak and call in an ac130, then as long as you're alive on the ground, the kills you get from it count towards your streak.

and i completely understand what you mean with only shootign for like 1/3rd of health. i ddi that soo much at the start :\

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
sentry turret + pave low do not count towards your kill streak

the rest does.
even the harrier *after* the airstrike helps you to reach your next kill-streak, which is why I believe this perk is a must have... 7 kills -> not difficult to reach, once you have it you might get 2 or more kills out of it -> AC130/Chopper gunner -> ~10 kills or more possible -> nuke

I'm not sure if the predator missle will add kills however

well the ACR takes like ~2 seconds to reload and faster ADS doesn't really help with that weapon... and because I don't want to change my weapon which has, with no doubt the best accuracy I'll need scavanger

it allows you to spray into windows etc a lot more too
it's not really rare that I get 7 kills and ~5 from it were through a wall with the help of a UAV.

ACR is a reallybeautiful weapon, once you hit the enemy, it's impossible that ur other bullets will miss and it's impossible for the enemy to hit *you* because of it's high rate of fire. (his crosshair will literally jump to the skies)

picking up stun-grenades and semtex is nice too, especially when playing HQ

edit:
oh btw
killstreaks won't count towards your kill-counter if you get them -> die -> respawn and activate them

you have to use them in the same "life" if you wish them to count... however that's not always a good thing to do because it takes a while to activate some of them :P

Pandadice
Wed, 12-30-2009, 09:04 PM
sentry turret + pave low do not count towards your kill streak

the rest does.
even the harrier *after* the airstrike helps you to reach your next kill-streak, which is why I believe this perk is a must have... 7 kills -> not difficult to reach, once you have it you might get 2 or more kills out of it -> AC130/Chopper gunner -> ~10 kills or more possible -> nuke

I'm not sure if the predator missle will add kills however

yeah predator missiles count. my friend who gets nukes uses i think predator -> chopper gunner -> nuke. it's actually pretty common for him to get triple+ predator kills..

i go with attack helicopter -> chopper gunner -> nuke. but I've never gotten a nuke before v_v. sucks when you legitimately get a chopper gunner/ac130 but you get shot down :\

Animeniax
Wed, 12-30-2009, 10:52 PM
My secondary weapon is almost always a stinger launcher. I shoot down every helicopter and flying object that I can.

I don't have nuke unlocked because I don't think I'll ever achieve a 25 kill streak. My record is 22.

ACR is my favorite weapon. It's very accurate but only useful with stopping power as it kills in 2 or 3 shots. I tried using it without stopping power and couldn't score a single kill.

Pandadice
Thu, 12-31-2009, 02:32 AM
My secondary weapon is almost always a stinger launcher. I shoot down every helicopter and flying object that I can.

I don't have nuke unlocked because I don't think I'll ever achieve a 25 kill streak. My record is 22.

ACR is my favorite weapon. It's very accurate but only useful with stopping power as it kills in 2 or 3 shots. I tried using it without stopping power and couldn't score a single kill.
hey, 22 is better than mine at least ^^

lol, i shoot down everything i can too, and lately i've been trying to shoot down care package helicopters.

i've shot down a few, and yes they do count towards leveling cold-blooded, but they don't give you points. I think one of the ones i got i actually shot down before it dropped the crate <.<. but it's super hard to take them out...

i think if i went with a predator in stead of a nuke i'd get a chopper gunner every match i played <.<. but i really don't want to get up to that 25 killstreak at a time i don't have the nuke equipped :\. because i really wanna call one in >.<

i did the loner challenge (un-equip all your kill streaks, then get a 10 streak.), and at the time i actually got a 12 streak. i think if i had had my attack helicopter, and my chopper gunner on, i definitely could've gotten the nuke.. but that's just hopeful wishing of would could've been, really :\

Xelbair
Thu, 12-31-2009, 09:34 AM
I agree ACR has great accuracy but m16, also accurate but without auto-fire, with fmj hits hard through walls and 1 click is required to kill someone(from what i saw add stopping power with fmj and it works at normal modes too). Plus you can get acr from 80% of dead people so scavenger is useless imo.

ADS can save life if enemy have got any modded sight(Acog, holographic etc) and you have none - before even he starts to put his sight down he will be dead.

Animeniax
Thu, 12-31-2009, 11:26 AM
I never get used to the 3 round burst from the M16. I'm a pretty bad shot, so I spray a lot. If my weapon isn't auto-fire, I stop shooting and my prey kills me.

I'm liking hardcore TDM because you don't need stopping power in order to kill people. You can basically kill people with one or two shots because of the increased weapon damage in hardcore mode. Unfortunately since there is no radar, killing people through walls is almost impossible.

KrayZ33
Thu, 12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Plus you can get acr from 80% of dead people so scavenger is useless imo.

not really, there arn't that many people using ACR, there are so many different weapons... I rarely encounter people with the same weapon.

another problem is that (if you don't have scavanger) they have to use the same attachment as you do, if you wish to loot ammo.

and the really good thing about the scavanger-perk is that it provides extra magz

Pandadice
Fri, 01-01-2010, 07:00 AM
got my first nuke today ^^

also went to first prestige. like level 17 or something now :\. sucks losing all my junk, but i think it's worth it O_o

Xelbair
Fri, 01-01-2010, 07:22 AM
From what i saw about 50-60% people use ACR.
you went prestige? why? just for a mark near nickname? I'll stick to lvl 70(that is when i get those last 8 lvls)

Pandadice
Fri, 01-01-2010, 08:07 AM
well, though i don't really need the class slots, it's more for the titles i guess. you gotta prestige to get like over half of the titles in the game :\. and so i thought that was worth it.

Xelbair
Fri, 01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
New class slot? whoa - so now I have reason for prestige - I'm in desperate need for 1 or 2 class slots.
I've tried today UMP on hardcore and normal - in hardcore it is one of best weapons, but it is not so good in normal mode.

Paulyboy
Fri, 01-01-2010, 04:15 PM
ACR is a good weapon for me I really don't care what other ppl think, remember.....no russian.

Animeniax
Fri, 01-01-2010, 05:57 PM
ACR is too weak, it has one of the weakest damage powers of the assault rifles. Without stopping power and FMJ it takes a lot of shots to kill, unless you play hardcore and one or two shots can kill.

Xelbair
Fri, 01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I've tried using chopper gunner to get nuke - I've got 25 killstreak with chopper gunner and no nuke - must be some kind of bug(yes it was in the same life i got chopper gunner, and no it was not from care package).

I've found another fun build for normal mode:

Vector for mobility and accuracy
Magnum with tactical knife for faster stabs
Marathon pro
Lightweight pro
Commando pro
throwing knife/claymore

Run as fast as you can and stab people to death - I've used this build to get the 25 killstreak.
oh and intervention with stoping power and fmj works great too on normal.

KrayZ33
Sat, 01-02-2010, 03:30 PM
ACR is too weak, it has one of the weakest damage powers of the assault rifles. Without stopping power and FMJ it takes a lot of shots to kill, unless you play hardcore and one or two shots can kill.

true, it's a pretty weak weapon without those, but it's probably the best *with* those.. it doesn't matter how far away they are, you can just click your left mouse button and u'll hit with every single bullet, no recoil ftw

and once you start hitting him, he has no way to fight back anyway
because it shoots faster than most other weapons (faster than SCAR for example)
it'll make you think you die with 1-2 hits from it. (latency)

Psyke
Sat, 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I thought this was pretty funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5mSDfCPsU).

Animeniax
Sat, 01-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Haha that was pretty good. Took a while to unfold though.

If you'll notice, while this kid was goofing around with the messages his team was losing badly. I hate campers and snipers and I really hate camping snipers, but I've found in some modes you don't really have a choice. Particularly in hardcore, running around gets you killed too often.

Xelbair
Sun, 01-03-2010, 07:35 AM
nope it does not - you just have to think where to move(usually chrouching), ninja pro and cold blooded are your best friends there. Plus it is good to have heartbeat sensor there - but don't trust it in 100%.
Try moving from cover to cover and waiting few seconds to see if someone is coming to you, and of course headphones are must for hc.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes it does because most of your opponents are camping. After you die in hardcore, you have to spectate. You will see 4 out of 5 of your teammates are camping and guarding one approach. You can count on most of the other team doing the same. Doesn't matter how slow you move or how often you look behind you. UAV's are rare so cold-blooded only helps against heart-beat sensors, which I've found most people don't use.

Xelbair
Sun, 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM
cold blood does not guard against heartbeat, and its there to counter sentries, predators etc.
It also depends on map - underpass is camp-fest but, derial, yep its weird, is not - most people run from place to place with sniper rifle there, at least on pc.
and waiting does matter - after camping for some time campers in hc tend to move to another area - you can catch them then.

Sad thing that i wont be playing cod mw2 for 2 weeks - my graphic card is broken and it will be back approx in 2 weeks...

what are your opinions on IWnet? at first i liked it - swift joining, easy to use etc. but now i hate it for lags, problems when joining with party(5 minutes to find one damn match because for some weird reason party splits up? no thanks), cheaters(i've saw few of them - but still its annoying) and matchmaking sucks. The lack of response from IW about game hanging up fo 5 minutes at startup is also annoying. They wont get high sales for next CoD game unless the fix IWnet i think, and hope..

Animeniax
Sun, 01-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Right, it's ninja that protects against heartbeat sensor, my error. I use cold-blooded but it's still pretty useless in hardcore. Very few UAVs, fewer sentry guns, and higher level killstreak rewards are a lot less frequent so not many predator missiles or helicopters to worry about. This is both because people camp so they get killed less, but they also kill less.

IWNet was having problems around Christmas time, maybe with all the kids out of school they flooded the servers, who knows. But it's been working well lately for me.

I wonder, since you're in Europe and someone like Psyke is in Singapore and I'm in the US, will IWNet ever match us up together in a game, or will network speed limitations prevent this?

Psyke
Mon, 01-04-2010, 02:25 AM
I wonder, since you're in Europe and someone like Psyke is in Singapore and I'm in the US, will IWNet ever match us up together in a game, or will network speed limitations prevent this?

I'm on PSN :p

However, I heard people speaking American English on one game, and then Cantonese the next.

Xelbair
Mon, 01-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Well we can form a party, or invite each other, also there is another problem called time - when i'm playing you are propably sleeping, or at work. I could play with people form US only when i have break from school - so i can play at night.
predators, care packages and harriers are pretty common in hc - at least they was in the games i was playing. sometimes there is deadly AC-130 butit is not so common.

Psyke - i head that there aiming on consoles is assisted and this assistance works badly - is it true?

p.s. sorry for any gramar mistakes - i don't have dictionaries on this laptop.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-04-2010, 06:47 AM
You probably play on the servers with lots of campers, so fewer kills mean fewer killstreak rewards. Some of the games I've played are like that where a few campers hide in excellent spots and rack up the kills and still get rewards, but it's less common. A lot of the games I've been on are really competitive, with even the top guys only having the same number of kills and deaths.

Psyke
Mon, 01-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Psyke - i head that there aiming on consoles is assisted and this assistance works badly - is it true?

There is assisted aiming only in the single campaign, not in the multiplayer modes. It's quite useful and automatically snaps onto targets, making it almost too easy at times.

Xelbair
Mon, 01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Well campaign on veteran on pc was too easy at some parts..but extremely hard sometimes too(the one in which you had to direct fire of assault vechicle via laser for example)

Animeniax
Mon, 01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Lack of lean-out makes the single-player campaign almost unplayable for me. I got tired of dying repeatedly to dead-shot bots that shoot you as soon as you round a corner. I completed the first two missions and then haven't stopped playing multi-player since.

Pandadice
Mon, 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
There is assisted aiming only in the single campaign, not in the multiplayer modes. It's quite useful and automatically snaps onto targets, making it almost too easy at times.

wait, there's definitely some assisted lock-on aiming in multiplayer. it's not much, but it is enough to move the crosshairs.. I've lost kills and been killed because of it. :\

like shooting at someone across the map, when some other guy runs through my line of fire and so it focuses me on him and i don't kill my original target.. stuff like that happens.

Psyke
Mon, 01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Lack of lean-out makes the single-player campaign almost unplayable for me. I got tired of dying repeatedly to dead-shot bots that shoot you as soon as you round a corner. I completed the first two missions and then haven't stopped playing multi-player since.

Veteran on campaign does that. Once you pop a head out, you're shot. It's the increased proficiency of the AI, and what makes it more "realistic". You'd spend most of the time in Vet mode behind cover, or trying to exploit certain gameplay loopholes. I must have died a couple of hundred times trying to get those trophies.

As for the auto aim, it hasn't happened to me yet....

Assertn
Mon, 01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game/modern-warfare-2/the-most-amazing-mw2-knife-kill.html

Xelbair
Mon, 01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Luck or cheat? that's the question.
Finally got AC-130 emblem and just few more nukes for end of line(i was so close to nuke on ffa(big camp game :/) but time ran out(just 1 more kill..))

KrayZ33
Thu, 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Luck or cheat? that's the question.
not really
obviously not cheat.

http://vidkid.de/unglaublicher-messerwurf

Animeniax
Thu, 01-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I was on a server today and after we voted past a particular map, this "bad ass" boasts that he can nuke us on the map that we ended up playing. Of course he camps and snipes to earn a chopper that scores 18 kills to get him the nuke and he nukes us.

So I spend the next couple of maps calling him names and insulting him for his amazing CoD skills and some other guys join in. For some reason I feel bad about it, even though a lot of the insults were of the sort where I suggest he put his endeavors toward something more meaningful than a video game. He was a prestige 2 level 70 if I recall correctly. He ends by saying some very disgusting self-deprecating statements before I quit out.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Anybody still playing this?

I've finally unpacked my box after 5 months, and have only played an hour or two on multiplayer.

It lags like crazy.

Sometimes it's the smooth-but-late type, and sometimes it's the jumpy type. Steam ping graphs always shows my ping as being good (3-4 of 4 bars).

Apparently I'm a bad host too, but the matchmaking system seems to like using me as one...

So far, not very happy with it.

(12 players max is interesting - it makes for smaller scale fights were you actually get a feel for how your teammates and enemies play rather than just some random out of the other 32. On the other hand, it makes sniping more discrete and less "productive" than CoD4, where the sheer numbers mean you're never short of targets coming through rush points or running in the open.)

Pandadice
Sun, 03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
well the main ps3 i used got the YLoD, so no go there. And then the other ps3 is usually occupied.. I played for the first time in a while the other day. did awful, but it was pretty much expected given the time off <.<.

btw if anyone wants to add me and party on the ps3, my psn is Pandadice.

Rekeco
Mon, 03-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I been playing this on the PS3 for a little bit now, but a buddy of mine plays only PC (money issues). He's deciding between MW2 and Battlefield: BC2. I never played the latter so can anyone give me a little advice the choice?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM
I managed to play a handful of games where lag was non-existent.

And (only) when that happens, this game's pretty fun.

Xelbair
Tue, 03-23-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm constantly playing it since December.
Just 1 more nuke for nuke emblem(I've already used nuke 12 times but 3 times were on the other prestige).
Recently i've started using P90 - its damn good but still too weak compared to ump.
P.S.
Steam nick - Xelbair[PL] (blue colored, same as my friends, because our party for some reason gets split often and we need to quickly check who's in - i think that's ^4 color)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
UMP + silencer
Some form of shotty
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Awesome Run'n Gun class.

itadakimasu
Mon, 03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
You guys shellin out $15 for the map pack later this week?

Xelbair
Mon, 03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
15 euro is way too much(that is if it will come to pc - you can buy 0,5 year old games for that here if you are lucky) for 5 maps and 2 of them are from cod4. if it was 10 euro i would think about it, it it was lower than 10 euro i would buy it instantly.

Bill try removing lightweight for stopping power - lightweight and marathon usually just put you faster into bad situations. And i would prefer scavenger instead of marathon - to refill my precious stun grenades and c4/claymores. And C4 is deadly.
From shotguns it seems that spas its the best right now - with stopping its sure to kill with one shot. AA-12 is also good but has nearly no range. Striker is fun to play with, and imo ranger is worst of them all.
Spas is also great to annoy g18 akimbo fa...users.. because it will kill them before you got chance to shatter your body to pieces with their ammo.

Only thing i find to be impossible to counter is tube - with danger close it will kill you 90% of times. It requires nearly no to skill to use and is damn annoying. You have slim chance of winning at close range due to danger-close safety in them(they won't explode)... unless you get hit with direct impact..

Pandadice
Mon, 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
yeah, they're called "noob tubes" for a reason ;)

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
From shotguns it seems that spas its the best right now - with stopping its sure to kill with one shot. AA-12 is also good but has nearly no range. Striker is fun to play with, and imo ranger is worst of them all.

I wonder why nobody plays with the shotgun attachment?

best range by far (even better than the Model XXXX shotgun pre-nerfed), 1-2 hits needed (on HC always 1), u can switch to ur assault rifle for range.

I used it alot after the model "random number" shotgun range got nerfed to melee range..

but: only 12(?) rounds

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Bill try removing lightweight for stopping power - lightweight and marathon usually just put you faster into bad situations.

I like using lightweight pro (for the quick aim after running) for all my SMG classes since I always run to flank with them.

For my other more stationary shooting classes (like the assault rifle classes), I'll use stopping power depending on how effective it is on the gun.

The biggest pain for me is choosing perks for my sniper class. Sleight of Hand Pro can be a lifesaver, but I'd need Bling for silencer + thermal.

Xelbair
Tue, 03-30-2010, 05:37 AM
If you are using barret for close range combat(possible and effective) use sleight, if not - get bling.

I've tried my runner class and it works great:
Barret(or any sniper rifle of your choice)
SPAS
Marathon pro
Stopping power pro
Ninja pro

just run with spas - sniper is only for cameo. and remember to aim with spas for surekills.

itadakimasu
Fri, 04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
i've been doing alot of sniping lately, even though I've never been much of a sniper on fps games.

using :

WA2000 + FMJ+Heartbeat Sensor
Spas + Grip + Extended Mags
Bling
Cold Blooded
Steady Aim

I'm only using bling because I like having the heartbeat sensor and I'm trying to unlock extended magazines... and not doing very good at that. 9/40 penetration kills w\ FMJ and I really don't think I even got 1 penetration kill in 6-7 straight games last night!

Xelbair
Fri, 04-02-2010, 12:36 PM
For sniper try meybe:
Barret Thermal+Silencer
Spas + Grip + anything you like
Tactical Insertion + smoke grenade
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

You can exchange barret with intervention. You'll get one-shot kills that way(that is if you hit them in chest), and you'll scare the heartbeat sensor users. Silencer will make you invisible, unless there is UAV. If it is on just go on rampage with spas(it makes one-shot kills too thanks to stopping power).
You can get Steady Aim instead of Ninja for barret-shotgunning, but take g18 instead of spas - Steady Aim actually makes it harder to aim with shotguns(they usually kill at close range without it and you just reduce the spread)

joker-kun
Tue, 04-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Veteran on campaign does that. Once you pop a head out, you're shot. It's the increased proficiency of the AI, and what makes it more "realistic". You'd spend most of the time in Vet mode behind cover, or trying to exploit certain gameplay loopholes. I must have died a couple of hundred times trying to get those trophies.

As for the auto aim, it hasn't happened to me yet....

I turned auto aim off on single player. I figured it wouldn't be in multiplayer and didn't want to get reliant on it.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the regular games and how you can waste a clip on a guy and he doesn't die? I pretty much only play hardcore cause at least the dying with one or two bullets makes more sense than the staying alive from 30.

If anyone else plays Search and Destroy on Hardcore let me know. Maybe we can party up.

KrayZ33
Wed, 04-07-2010, 03:31 AM
i don't know what the Xbox version is like but the difference between softcore and hardcore on the PC are 2--3 bullets (depends on the weapon)
which isnt much but still enough not to get fucked up by pointless LMG-spraying.

Xelbair
Wed, 04-07-2010, 05:37 AM
UMP with stopping requires 3 bullets to kill on normal.
Also i found new annoying fa...funny class
Maraton
Lightweight
Commando/Ninja
Tactical Insertion
Barret/intervention w thermal or fmj
M1014(if i remember correctly)

Its pump-noobin' time!

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-07-2010, 07:24 AM
UMP with stopping requires 3 bullets to kill on normal.
Also i found new annoying fa...funny class
Maraton
Lightweight
Commando/Ninja
Tactical Insertion
Barret/intervention w thermal or fmj
M1014(if i remember correctly)

Its pump-noobin' time!

Pretty sure UMP without stopping power also takes 3 bullets to kill.

joker-kun
Wed, 04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Idk if you guys are talking PS3 or PC, but I know alot of the assault rifles are horrible (on PS3) on normal mode. I have literally chased down a guy, shot the shit out of him from behind, he has had time to stop, turn around, shoot me a couple times, and I die. The most annoying part is in the kill cam he's bleeding to shit and hasn't put half as many bullets in me with the same gun, or similair assault rifle - I understand when I get akimbo'd or another gun with high damage. This isn't always the case, but it definitely happens too often.

I started playing hardcore after quite a few instances like that... and I much prefer it. I get the occasional BS, but it's usually pretty balanced - though the random Thumper firing can get a little annoying.

If memory serves me correctly - and maybe I am just imagining this cause I am new to PS3 - the PC version was more balanced for MW1. I used to switch back and forth between normal and hardcore, and there was definitely a difference, but it wasn't near as bad as the PS3. I miss the bigger games on PC though. :confused:

Off Topic: Does anyone else enjoy the Nazi Zombie game in WaW? I have not played it in a bit but I find myself missing it, lol.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Assault rifles are good on PC. I'm just waiting for that ACR (currently level 41), as the SCAR's good, but has too much recoil for my liking.

animus
Wed, 04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
The ACR and SCAR are the only ARs I like.

Pandadice
Wed, 04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
my favorite is the FAL. 1 hit head shots. No need for stopping power at all.

Then I like the Scar too. a bit weaker, but still no need for stopping power with it

joker-kun
Wed, 04-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I used the SCAR (once I unlocked it) with the scope, and then when I unlocked the ACR I have used that since. I find it more accurate - probably due to less recoil (and obviously the fact that it's a more accurate gun according to the graphs).

animus
Wed, 04-07-2010, 02:49 PM
The ACR also allows you to full auto from range with no recoil at all.

Xelbair
Wed, 04-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Try usign tar-21 with silencer - its a great weapon for all purposes(but remember to use short bursts when doing long range shooting). Way more dmg than acr, its fast shooting too and it just loves to gwet those lucky headshots.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
For the PC players :

Have you guys played on many hacked servers? I found myself on one the other day... It was Afghan, and they had zero gravity set on it and super fast speed... so people were just flying around basically. Everytime you got a kill, the points came up w\ weird charactors. I lvl'd up after my first kill and then after 10 minutes it was boring because it's hard to move @ super speed...

so i left, and went from prestige 58 to 70 w\ just 20 kills. I don't have the patience to go through prestige 2 and re-level my guns... I'm just going to stay where I'm at and get my guns levelled up. I want to get extended clips on my ACR and do scavenger + extra mags + extended clips :)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-08-2010, 09:37 AM
I've played with hackers, but not hacked servers. It's annoying as hell.

Especially when you recognise one, exit the lobby, only to be rejoined with the same group again.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
I haven't researched the hacked servers or anything...

There is one type I've been on where it's a different game mode where you have to "gain ground" So there is one central point that you need to capture and I think the first team to 100 pts wins and a nuke goes off.

Others I've played are just infinite time limit, or "first to 9100pts" which could take a very long time to end.