PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Uncut

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't know how many of you like One Piece enough to actually pay for it. But my first volume of funimations uncut One Piece DVDs just came in. First 13 episodes. Yes, its got both english and japanese voice tracks and has english subtitles.

Just wanted to let folks know.

Parkalash
Tue, 06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
What isit that you want us to know? that you bhougt op on dvd uncut?? well good for you, me myself would never bother buying op on dvd sence the serie is so goddamn long and no end in sight yet =(

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
After running your post through a spell checker I believe I can respond.
What isit that you want us to know?That the first volume of One Piece uncut is out.

tigerleon
Wed, 06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
wow.... to be honest.. i would not buy it...
not only is it what parkalash said but the money problems too...
i cant spend..(how much was it??) on every season....

but in contrast which one would your rather watch... ???

Raven
Thu, 06-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Well, I for one appreciated the heads up. Thanks DE. Too bad the thread has turned into a shit-post fest.

docdan63
Thu, 06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Totally agree with you on that one Raven. Thanks for eh heads up DE. It's bummer that the guy isn't able to serve the massive OP community anymore through his contribution.

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-10-2008, 05:35 PM
how many eps have you watched so far?

are the english voices alot better than before?

i'm siding with the others though... i don't see myself buying it, as its at 350+ episodes right now and that would mean 350/13 * 20 =$538 minimum for the whole series

Which I do have but my money spending priorities are rather unbalanced. My wife likes to point out how sometimes I'm really cheap but I have no problem dropping $150-200 on a new computer upgrade of some sort.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-10-2008, 08:50 PM
The voices are way better than the 4kids one, but obviously not as good as just watching it in japanese with subs.

Yeah, it seems like a big investment when you think about the entire series, but its gonna be years before they have that many out. I mean, the series isn't even half finished yet. It's probably gonna be 1000 episodes by the time its finished.

I don't expect more than 4 volumes a year. So I think of it more in terms of 80 bucks a year(amazon has it down to 22 bucks and its only been out for 2 weeks), rather than one overall expense thats probably gonna be over 1000 dollars.