PDA

View Full Version : Should we be reading the manga?

Archangel
Sat, 05-31-2008, 04:45 PM
The manga is now about 100 chapters ahead of the anime and there's no sign of this filler arc ending anytime soon so i would like to post a question for the manga readers:

Give us your opinion, is the manga story much better than this and should we forget about an anime that's basically saying "screw you" with this filler arc or should we just keep watching the anime since the manga isn't all that great anyway?

I know that reading the manga or not is a choice that everyone has the right to make, i'm just asking the manga readers what they would do if they were in how position.

I'll admit it, i'm a bit pissed that we got cut off from akatsuki and sasuke to go watch some lame villains and their retarded plans and i can't help but wonder if the real thing is better than this shit. And even if it was an amazing filler, with that many chapters ahead they're so shamelessly milking the cow for some extra bucks that alone pisses me off.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't see how it hurts to keep up with any series' manga as well as its anime. While the anime sometimes adds cool parts to extend manga material, many of these have ended up in two-episode clone fights and Kakashi staring at Deidara with his MS for just as long. These things are just better paced in the manga. At the same time, the anime can be useful for actual fights that I think you can understand more easily with moving characters than black and white panels.

That, and being able to distinguish filler content can be helpful.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-01-2008, 12:42 AM
It hurts because black and white still images is for queers.

Assertn
Sun, 06-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I think its more fun to discuss the anime with anime-only viewers...so I'd prefer if you guys don't read the manga. But whatever you want, I suppose.

The current intro seems to suggest that the real arc will start up sometime before they replace it, though...so it shouldn't be too long.

Archangel
Sun, 06-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I think its more fun to discuss the anime with anime-only viewers...so I'd prefer if you guys don't read the manga. But whatever you want, I suppose.

The current intro seems to suggest that the real arc will start up sometime before they replace it, though...so it shouldn't be too long.

I'm guessing you're referring to the new akatsuki members you see in the new op, yeah i noticed them too and that might mean that this won't take too long but what guarantees do i have that after they end this arc they won't just go back to the staring contests of the "good old days" ?

i would be nice to have another forum a new set of people to discuss the manga with but then again then i wouldn't be able to post in the anime forums because i know all my opinions would someway be influenced by the manga.

Abdula
Sun, 06-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Well no one has to start reading the manga to enjoy the anime. I think the anime is pretty good on its own its just that when you start comparing it to the manga then you would have some complaints. Honestly I just prefer mangas over animes but thats just my preference. I would think that anyone who has read a manga and then later watched the anime or vice versa would agree that in most cases the manga would be overall better than the anime with only a few exceptions. I think its something similar to reading a book and then watching a movie or show based on that book.

Anyway as far as Naruto goes I think if you only read the anime then thats fine but doing both is better especially now where there is so much filler content in episodes. Beyond that the pace and overall tone of the anime is better and somewhat darker and there isn't any of those "LOL WTF" scenes and none of the homo erotic nonsense. I expected the anime to be lighter but when they haven't been stretching scenes they have been changing alot of little things that when put together have the, hopefully unintentional, effect of dumbing down things and makes people overlook things that are sometimes important or that were clearly evident in the manga. Then there is the fact that they put in things that never happened or skip over other things blah blah blah blah. You get the picture.

If you only watch the anime then I would think it would be better if you just stick to the anime. I assume that by this point if anyone has picked up the manga during all those months of horrendous fillers then they are probably never going to.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 06-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I would say in story terms the manga is miles better than the anime right now. In terms of enjoying the anime Vs manga, if the anime was to be paced like it was in the original Naruto series with the same awesome music, then I would prefer to watch the anime. However since Shippudden is shit and will not be going back to how the anime was I would say start the manga. It takes some time getting used to still images in black and white, and admittidly there are some fight scenes in the manga where I don't know what the hell is going on because of how it is drawn.

Genma
Sun, 06-01-2008, 02:25 PM
All I read are mangas now. Well, there are a few exceptions of course, such as the occasional Bleach anime episode.

I like mangas because they go at your own pace. Granted, there's no music, sound effects, voice acting, or animation, but for some reason I just like it better. And, although most mangas are either exactly like an anime or very similar, Naruto's is way different.

The next arc in the manga is my favorite. I'd recommend reading it because it's pretty sweet, and also there's a lot of cool stuff going on in the latest chapters that were recently released.

So, in short: yes.

Archangel
Sun, 06-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Bah screw animation, if you have a good enough imagination you can get even more awesome effects going on in your head than the anime can

What i would really miss would be the soundtrack, i'm no musician so i can't add that to the manga

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Bah screw animation, if you have a good enough imagination you can get even more awesome effects going on in your head than the anime canYeah, well for those of us raised on american television, thats not an option!

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm a bigger fan of the anime than the manga, assuming, you cut out every single filler that ever happened, maybe with the possible exception of this one, and one of the ones that happened during the 1.5 year filler void. So basically, when manga parts are animated, in general I've enjoyed the anime better. fights are much clearer, and this series has usually had very good fights. The soundtrack to the battles have also been above average. The thing is...if you consider the filler, including the stuff that happened in the manga but got unnecesarily dragged out, the manga is far less frustrating. So overall, the manga is better. But when the anime is good, the anime is better. This series as a whole though, isn't really good enough to warrant sticking to the anime only. Read the manga imo.

kenren
Mon, 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't know if it is alright to post the following here. Please delete if it is against the rules :) Thanks.

If we were to start reading the manga now, what chapters should we start reading which is before the recent fillers?

Yukimura
Mon, 06-02-2008, 10:11 AM
You'd want to start with volume 35 (c310-319). 310 opens right after Sasuke, Oro, and Kabuto have disappeared. I believe everything from 310 and 311 was animated already but starting in chapter 312 some events that occurred in the manga were not put into the anime. From chapters 312-318 only the events that involved Konoha characters were animated so you'll see some repetition but several things that didn't involve Konoha characters also take place in those chapters that you don't want to miss out on as they are part of the lead up to the next arc in the manga (and pretty awesome).

As to my two cents about reading the manga, RTFM. The only problem I see with reading the manga is that once you're caught up waiting a week to get just a chapter is a lot more annoying than waiting for a week just to get an episode. You can try just reading the arc, or only reading completed volumes to keep yourself from having to suffer the weekly chapter burn but in the end I think it's worth it.

P.S. Get the volumes from Mangatraders (http://www.mangatraders.com). I packed many of the volumes myself including 35-39 so they are of the highest quality and should be easily viewable using whatever manga viewing method you might employ, plus I think I tossed in a few fully colored chapters.

Assertn
Sat, 06-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll just make it easier (or perhaps more tempting)...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/312/
Just click there and start reading.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 06-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll just make it easier (or perhaps more tempting)...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/312/
Just click there and start reading.

Brilliant! You never seem to out do yourself!

DO IT READ IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!

And remember, the first one is always free, the next one is gonna cost you!

Parkalash
Sun, 06-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Manga is best!, there u go now read it ! :P

Archangel
Tue, 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Dam u Assertn, that was the last straw, i'm now reading the manga and DAM it's AWESOME!!!!! ( Check it out 5 exclamation points )

I haven't finished quite yet, tough i have read about 50 chapters already since i just couldn't help myself, but i advice every single one of you to start reading the manga too, it beats the anime in just about everything.

Abdula
Tue, 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Its rare that you say something sensible. I congratulate you.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Dam u Assertn, that was the last straw, i'm now reading the manga and DAM it's AWESOME!!!!! ( Check it out 5 exclamation points )

I haven't finished quite yet, tough i have read about 50 chapters already since i just couldn't help myself, but i advice every single one of you to start reading the manga too, it beats the anime in just about everything.

If you really want to make the experience complete, read all of the previous chapters to see how badly in some cases the anime has fucked shit up!

Archangel
Wed, 06-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Well... give me some examples

UChessmaster
Wed, 06-11-2008, 07:42 PM
kakashi`s mangekyou sharingan is not advertised for 8 chapters, it literally comes out of nowhere, so the surprise factor is bigger

Abdula
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
We really don't need to give him examples, most of what I did in the anime thread was give examples of how the manga and the anime were different besides if he isn't able to recognize them on his own then.......

Assertn
Wed, 06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
You still haven't seen the fucking gaiden.

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Actually i have.

Well maybe this thread should be closed we're getting way too close to spolers around here and this is still the anime forum.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 06-12-2008, 07:03 AM
The fights are just sooo drawn out and alot more boring in the anime. Not to mention people having powers that they didnt have in the manga. Neji's 128 palms wasnt in the manga but it was in the show when he fought Spiderman!

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Ohh... that explains alot. I was wondering why he never used that move ever again

Pity, it sure was awesome

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 06-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Ohh... that explains alot. I was wondering why he never used that move ever again

Pity, it sure was awesome

But it took away from the fight itself. When you read it in the manga, you dont think, damn he doesnt have any new moves, but you do think, wow he is the only one that can hold his own without and new UBER-Deadly moves. Not to mention that fight was more of a guide to the Byukagan anyway.

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Yeah and since the move was made to close the chakra points in your enemy why the hell would you develop a technique to double the hits? Once they're closed there isn't much more for the move to do...

Abdula
Thu, 06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Neji's 128 palms wasnt in the manga but it was in the show when he fought Spiderman!
You know just for a second there I pictured Neji going one on one with Peter Parker.

Actually i have.

Well maybe this thread should be closed we're getting way too close to spolers around here and this is still the anime forum.
You do know you're welcome to join the manga discussion anytime right.

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm not quite done with the manga just yet, it is a rare delicacy that i shall enjoy for a while longer :)

poopdeville
Thu, 06-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah and since the move was made to close the chakra points in your enemy why the hell would you develop a technique to double the hits? Once they're closed there isn't much more for the move to do...

He threw twice as many punches in the same amount of time. That means he was faster, and more unblockable.

Abdula
Thu, 06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Lol, you don't see the flaw there. If he could move twice as fast then why do twice as many attacks because then the attacks themselves would take the same amount of time. What he could do is use that increase in speed to do his 64 attacks in half the time they would normally take. Besides why do 128 when back in the chuunin exam he told Naruto there were only 64?

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Besides why do 128 when back in the chuunin exam he told Naruto there were only 64?

My point exactly

Assertn
Thu, 06-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Wait....I thought the 128 was used on the falling spiders....
In which case, it makes sense to do it more than 64 times, cause there were more targets to hit.

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes but why the hell would he develop that kind of technique anyway? The human body supposedly only has 64 chakra points so doubling the number of hits is useless.

Abdula
Thu, 06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Wait....I thought the 128 was used on the falling spiders....
In which case, it makes sense to do it more than 64 times, cause there were more targets to hit.
You misunderstand the point Assertn. There is no 128 palms. Neji was able to double his speed because he received some proper training from Hinata's father, rather than training by himself. The point of the training wasn't to use some fictitious technique it was simply so that he would be able to use 64 palms faster. What Neji was doing with the falling spiders was using 64 palms, he was just using it twice as fast as normal and doing it over and over, because there were more than 128 spiders. The idiot people who did the anime decided that instead of using that simple explanation they would create a new technique, 128 palms.

Not only is that stupid because for example if it took him 30 seconds to do 64 normally, with his increased speed he would be able to do it in 15 however what they decided to do was make him do 128 points which even with his increased speed would have taken him the original 30 because he was doing twice as many attacks, so it defeats the purpose. Not to mention that there are only 64 points on the body. Frankly I was kinda surprised we didn't see TS Neji bust out 1024 when he was fighting his doppelganger

Archangel
Thu, 06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh so those shity clone fights were not in the manga?

thank god for that

The one move i would like the manga to pick up from the fillers is hinata's chakra strings jutsu, it was awesome, it didn't affect the major storyline and gave her some cool points

Assertn
Thu, 06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
You misunderstand the point Assertn. There is no 128 palms. Neji was able to double his speed because he received some proper training from Hinata's father, rather than training by himself. The point of the training wasn't to use some fictitious technique it was simply so that he would be able to use 64 palms faster. What Neji was doing with the falling spiders was using 64 palms, he was just using it twice as fast as normal and doing it over and over, because there were more than 128 spiders. The idiot people who did the anime decided that instead of using that simple explanation they would create a new technique, 128 palms.

Not only is that stupid because for example if it took him 30 seconds to do 64 normally, with his increased speed he would be able to do it in 15 however what they decided to do was make him do 128 points which even with his increased speed would have taken him the original 30 because he was doing twice as many attacks, so it defeats the purpose. Not to mention that there are only 64 points on the body. Frankly I was kinda surprised we didn't see TS Neji bust out 1024 when he was fighting his doppelganger
And I'm afraid you misconstrued the point of my contribution, Abdula.

I'm not arguing whether or not there are 128 palms. I'm not arguing that 128 palms is a useless technique against any human opponent, since 64 sufficiently locks them down.

I'm just stating that the situation was different than any other battle in which Neji would use the palms technique, and therefore you can take this conversation with a grain of salt.

Also for the record, the number of the palms is not the number of total strikes, but rather the number of the highest chain of strikes. The strikes go as follows:
1) 1 strike
2) 2 strikes
3) 4 strikes
4) 8 strikes
5) 16 strikes
6) 32 strikes
7) 64 strikes

And in total, that comes out to 127 strikes.
Therefore, you could say that a 128 palm version would be able to take out 255 spiders.

Abdula
Thu, 06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Also for the record, the number of the palms is not the number of total strikes, but rather the number of the highest chain of strikes. The strikes go as follows:
1) 1 strike
2) 2 strikes
3) 4 strikes
4) 8 strikes
5) 16 strikes
6) 32 strikes
7) 64 strikes

And in total, that comes out to 127 strikes.
Therefore, you could say that a 128 palm version would be able to take out 255 spiders.
You know I knew this but I completely forgot it.
Anyway, so now we're understood;)

Oh so those shity clone fights were not in the manga?
No, actually you could just reread the first two arcs and see for yourself because they aren't long.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Nothing should ever be pulled from filler if a show is trying to stick to a canon source. Even if it's something cool and it doesn't affect the story much it sets a precedent that it's okay to have more than one source for canonical material which defeats the purpose of canon. No author should ever allow their creative process to be impacted by a derivative of their own creation.

Rikudo
Thu, 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM
You know I knew this but I completely forgot it.
Anyway, so now we're understood;)

---------------------
I call B.S.

Abdula
Thu, 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Alas I know its unavoidable, whatever the reason there is always going to be someone who is going to doubt me. None the less I'll say this, I make it a point never to lie and never to misrepresent myself, ofcourse it isn't always possible but I try and there is absolutely no reason for me to do so here because there is nothing to be gained.

Anyway, if it makes you feel any better I wasn't the one who thought of it. It was one of my cousins, the person who got me into Naruto in the first place, and the reason I forgot it is because it was a few years ago when the anime was at that point.

Rikudo
Thu, 06-12-2008, 11:54 PM
A B.S. on top of another B.S.

- "Intelligent beings admit when they made mistake, the rest of them makes excuses."

Archangel
Fri, 06-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Enough with the trolling Rikudo

I did read the first chapters from part II and i liked how the non stop action, may read the whole thing eventually

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Yes but why the hell would he develop that kind of technique anyway? The human body supposedly only has 64 chakra points so doubling the number of hits is useless.Fighting two enemies at once.

Whoop, I see this thread got moved to the manga forum. Time for me to vamoose.

Archangel
Sat, 06-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Fighting two enemies at once.

I guess you could use it for that but when facing numerous enemies generally he just uses kaiten, besides for it to work the 2 enemies would have to be somewhat close to each other and while he was attacking 1 it would give the other one a chance to counter attack.

poopdeville
Sat, 06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Dude, the 128 Palms is just a training exercise. A "kata". A fixed set of movements Neji practices to make his taijutsu faster and more fluid. That's all.

I don't have a problem with him needing to move that fast to fight off hundreds of spiders (except for the spiders -- what a stupid power).

Yukimura
Mon, 06-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes but why the hell would he develop that kind of technique anyway? The human body supposedly only has 64 chakra points so doubling the number of hits is useless.

Try thinking like Neji. He hit Naruto with the 64 palms attack which in addition to sealing chakra points has to cause massive amounts of internal damage, yet Naruto got back up and proceeded to defeat him. To a genius like Neji it should be clear that the 64 palms attack, while powerful, is not as uber-effective as he first thought. He doesn't know about Naruto's kyubii hax, he only knows that his 'sure fire win' attack didn't cause enough damage to an opponent to finish them like it was meant to. GIven that experiance it would be reasonable for him to work on improving his attack in some way. Increasing the amount of damage inflicted in the same amount of time would certainly qualify as an improvement.

Abdula
Mon, 06-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I'll just play devil's advocate and say that Neji didn't have any intention of seriously hurting or injuring Naruto at that point. His intention was simply to humiliate Naruto so he sealed of his chakra points and announced that the match was over because Naruto couldn't use his chakra anymore which was the truth. It was after that, when Naruto gave his BS speech that Neji said he was going to kill him and even then he wasn't serious.

We saw already in the match with Hinata that if Neji so wished he could seal of someones points with such a gentle touch that even another Byakugan user wouldn't notice. So I'm pretty sure that the amount of damage the technique does is completely up to Neji. Besides I thought the strength of the gentle fist as opposed to the iron fist or whatever it was they called it was that the gentle fist could kill without requiring any substantial amount of force to be used and without causing external damage. Even if Neji was training to increase the amount of damage he could do in the same amount of time it would make sense that he would increase the amount of damage done by each hit rather than increase the number of hits themselves, for example when Oro invaded the village we saw Hinata's father killing people with one hit and as we saw with Kidomaru Neji can kill with the 64 palm.

Anyway like I said I'm just playing devil's advocate, for lack of anything else to do.

poopdeville
Mon, 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
I wonder what kinds of elemental chakra Neji can use.

My guess regarding Neji's training is that he couldn't really increase the strength of a palm strike, since it depends on his chakra capacity. And anyway, the Hyuuga are supposedly the best taijutsu fighters in Konoha. They don't get that strong without practicing. And the best practice is challenging -- if Neji is capable of training to do a 128 Palm Strike, he should, because it will make him an all around better fighter (since he can move twice as fast).

This basic idea is why I called it a "kata".

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Shouldn't he be wind?

That mid range attack he developed in the time skip seems to indicate that

Yukimura
Tue, 06-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Wind would make the most sense for Neji but all of his techniques rely on him forcefully pushing chakra out of his chakra points. As with the Rasengan there doesn't have to be any nature manipulation involved for chakra to push physical objects out of the way so he may have never even bothered with nature manipulation.

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah but remember that Wind is the best element for both close and mid range fighting and after having his ass handed to him by a long distance fighter, the spider dude, it would make sense that he would at least develop some mid range techniques so that he could fight long range fighter more easily

Assertn
Tue, 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah but you can't just "choose" what elemental affinities you have.

Yukimura
Tue, 06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Indeed, anyway he did develop a midrange attack it's called Hakke Kuushou. If you look back at c256 he uses it to hit Kisame from at least 20 yards away. However, there's no evidence that it's anything but an enhanced version of what he did against Kidomaru (release chakra in a thin cone to deflect oncoming arrows) combined with what he does for Kaiten (release enough chakra to knock anything away).

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Remember when his attack hit deidara? It definitely looked like a rush of wind attacked him so i'm basing my assumptions on that. But yeah, your way could work too

XanBcoo
Tue, 06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Personally I think the whole "elemental affinity" thing was a retarded development in the first place. The only thing it's done is give Naruto another excuse to train (why didn't he do this with Jiraiya??), and turn battles into a Pokemon match. Sasuke's "hah, my lightning trumps your ground attack" against Deidara was the stupidest and laziest way to end that battle.

Plus, as we can see with Neji (and Naruto's Rasengan), there are clearly attacks that are not bound by any element whatsoever, or jutsu that are not a mixture of any sort of element. I'm still annoyed that he tried to BS me into thinking that "wood" is a mixture of "earth" and "water".

I can only wonder what kind of mixture Shikamaru's Kagemane is.

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Apparently that has to do with shadow and light manipulation, it doesn't come from any of the 5 affinities.

Abdula
Tue, 06-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Remember when his attack hit deidara? It definitely looked like a rush of wind attacked him so i'm basing my assumptions on that. But yeah, your way could work too
That is kinda silly, from the very first time we saw Naruto go Kyuubi against Haku he has been using attacks like that to blast things or deflect things and that was long before he even learned how to use wind nature. It was just concentrated chakra that he was using and its common knowledge that Neji already uses concentrated chakra for defense, with Kaiten, so why not just use concentrated chakra for a mid range attack.

Besides that wind affinity is supposed to be extremely rare, which couldn't be possible if the Hyuuga clan had wind nature abilities.

@Xan: Yeah we've all gotten over it since then and it seems Kishi has as well. He used it in that one arc when nature manipulation was first introduced and then he used it to save Sasuke's ass and it disappeared after that.

XanBcoo
Tue, 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I figure most people would have already had a go at it back when it was introduced. I just wanted to get it off my chest since it's a pretty recent annoyance to me.

Apparently that has to do with shadow and light manipulation, it doesn't come from any of the 5 affinities.
That was basically my point. The whole thing is so poorly thought out.

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 06:36 PM

Well Kishimoto is kind of coming with stuff up as he goes along so he wants to leave as many loopholes as possible so he can connect the dots later on with his crazy theories lol

poopdeville
Thu, 06-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Besides that wind affinity is supposed to be extremely rare, which couldn't be possible if the Hyuuga clan had wind nature abilities.

@Xan: Yeah we've all gotten over it since then and it seems Kishi has as well. He used it in that one arc when nature manipulation was first introduced and then he used it to save Sasuke's ass and it disappeared after that.

Jiraiya got pwned because of elemental chakra too. And Blood Line limits are supposedly what you get when you combine elemental chakras.

We've only seen three Hyuuga with the Byakugan -- it's pretty rare too. I'm not saying you're wrong, but we don't know what elements it mixes. It could be like the Sharingan, in that most Uchiha are Fire Element guys, and require Lightning Element to use the eye. The Byakugan could be a mix of some random element most Hyuuga are capable of, and wind (the half that makes the Byakugan rare).

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty sure every Hyuuga has the Byakugan. That's why the Branch and Main families exist in the first place, isn't it?

I think besides the ones we know for sure, Hinata's sister Hinabi, and Neji's dad must have at least had it.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Yep every single Hyuuga has the byakugan, the question is if they have to waken it like the uchiha clan or if they're born with it.

The branch family has some sort of jutsu on them that seals all the secrets of their bloodline limit as soon as they die.

Yukimura
Fri, 06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't think the fact that mixing chakra natures requires a bloodline limit is meant to imply that all bloodline limits involve mixing chakra natures. There is more to the ninja world than just elemental chakra manipulation so it wouldn't make sense for all of the special clan-based techniques in the ninja world to be bound to only a subset.

Stuff like the super bones and the doujutsu we've seen probably don't have any sort of chakra type requirements. Instead I think they are genetic abnormalities in otherwise normal, chakra producing, people that can make use of regular chakra to do abnormal things.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I wish you were right. The Sharingan would have made a lot of sense then -- the tomoi allow extra light in (which in a weird cartoon way would made Sharingan eyes more sensitive), and their brains could be wired a little differently to allow automatic learning (the copying part).

But alas, Kakashi says "The ability to control two elements simultaneously, and create a new element to manipulate, that's what's called a kekkei genkai."

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 10:39 AM
We still don't know all there is to know about element manipulations. At least they decide to tell us how light and shadow manipulation works don't even try to come up with a theory on how the sharingan works, just not worth it.

Besides i don't think they'll ever completely explain how the sharingan works, the thing is like the ultimate hack jutsu it can do just about anything.

Abdula
Fri, 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure every Hyuuga has the Byakugan. That's why the Branch and Main families exist in the first place, isn't it?
Yes, every single Hyuuga is born with the Byakugan.

But alas, Kakashi says "The ability to control two elements simultaneously, and create a new element to manipulate, that's what's called a kekkei genkai."
Even though Kakashi said the ability to control two elements simultaneously and create a new element is called a Kekkai Genkai, that does not mean that every Kekkai Genkai is a mixture of two elements. We've seen some like Haku's or the First's that are a mixture of two elements and then there are others like the Byakugan or Kimimaro's that don't appear to use any elements whatsoever.

It could be like the Sharingan, in that most Uchiha are Fire Element guys, and require Lightning Element to use the eye.
No one ever said the Uchiha's need lightning element to use the sharingan. As far as has been shown Sasuke is the only one who used lightning element and he unlocked the sharingan long before he ever learned of his affinity for lightning. Plus although it was said that the Uchihas have an affinity for fire techniques we have no idea if that is in anyway related to the sharingan.

SilentSnake
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:11 PM
The way Kishi shows it sharingan develops always when there are strong emotions around.

Always.

The only exception would be Kakashi. But he is haxxor.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:26 PM
The only exception would be Kakashi. But he is haxxor.

Why is kakashi an exception? We know that his sharingan did come out because of strong emotions, just not while in his head, the second stage sharingan hasn't been shown yet and he probably got MS because in his head he was already responsible for the death of his best friend.

Abdula
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah now if only there wasn't a time delay of 12+ years between his friend's death and him getting MS.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Maybe you need to be aware of the law behind getting the MS to actually obtain it.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm going to bring up the Obito-Tobi factor. sorry, everybody who thinks that three identities are enough for him.
Kakashi and Tobi each have one eye, Kakashi has the left sharingan eye, and Tobi has the right.
they both have time\space bending powers. Kakashi can shoot people through hyperspace, and Obito can twist his body into hyperspace.
Kakashi didn't present his MSharingan powers until the current days, when Tobi presentd himself to be Madare (maybe becuase he was got the Msharingan back and was now confident in his abilities).

I know that the Tobi\obito thing has been beaten to death, pounded to dust and grinded to meat, but I still stand behined it.

XanBcoo
Fri, 06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that Tobi is Obito at this point.

Not that we'll get confirmation on this until God knows when. Think about how long it took to confirm that the 4th was Naruto's father, even though it was apparently obvious right from the start.

In another 20 chapters, Kakashi will confront Tobi, and then we'll get the "big reveal" and no one will care by that point.

Assertn
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Normally I'd agree, but a lot more of this has been consistent since the very beginning than you'd think. Back in the very first arc, kakashi explained that there were 5 different elements found in chakra. At the same time, he was also surprised that a genin (Sasuke) was able to manipulate an element (fire). Even back then chakra revolved around the concept of 5 elements, yet there still existed oddball shit like kage bunshin.

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that Tobi is Obito at this point.

Hmmm i'm not so sure about that, kishi has a way of having these things come back to bite you in the ass.

Anyway, if you're right about that then we should have the kakashi gaiden on anime eventually, maybe when Madara reveals his true self.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
i say no cause its really not too bad. and cause theres so many paradoxes between the current anime and sasuke's....whole life in 2 episodes. First Sora's all about revenge, hardass ego, and hes anti social. Which is weird cause it just feels right next to naruto... Then they have them training alongside till night to focus their chakra woahhh. Recyling? Well I call it Biting. Not all that enlightening. But Dr. West IS one of the brightest. ...too much lil wayne,. Yeah, so more comparisons with sora and sasuke; his dad gets killed getting betrayed by Asuma, just like Itachi was fucked over by Konoha... they both want more revenge. damn. Same shit different day?

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, it's really funny when people translate something through Babblefish, and then take the translated text and translate it back into English. The incomprehensible results are always good for a laugh.