PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 402

deadlydreamx
Thu, 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Naruto 402 (http://mangashare.com/dl/Naruto_402/1747/)

Yukimura
Thu, 05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow Sasuke, be more emo...

My brother wouldn't play with me as a child b/c he cared more about an entire city than me. Now that he's died after giving me super powers I think I'll piss all over the city that he liked more than me.

Darky
Thu, 05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Well there's one thing we can say, Sasuke just received the eye of the jew

NeoBear
Thu, 05-29-2008, 11:36 PM
.....sigh i feel like giving up on this damn shit this was cool but just ends up lame

"my poor brother oh boo hoo now i will avenge him ..... i just need to go cut my wrist first"

Idealistic
Thu, 05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks like we'll definitely be seeing a Naruto vs Sasuke part 2. Only this time, Naruto will end up being the victor.

Unless the series still drags on and there will be a part 3.

Though.... I can't say I'm a fan of Sasuke's new eyes. It's funny though. Sasuke ends up wanting to destroy Konoha just like his sensei, although they both have different reasons.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm willing to forgive this target change (after all, in some twisted 3years old way of thinking, the leaf did break his brother and him apart).
But why change the name? and why hawk?
'taka no dan' already exists. and while there was a decent reason for 'snake' (orochimaru's influence), there's absaloutly no reason for hawk (unless it's becuase hawks eat snakes).

Screw Sasuke, we need to see less of the Uchiha Sharingan Shananigans and more of Naruto kicking ass (or just see him kickass for the first time).

Also, as Darky said, Sasuke has the eyes of the jew (jewdan), next thing, he'll get a jewish nose.

Knives122
Thu, 05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow Sasuke, be more emo...

My brother wouldn't play with me as a child b/c he cared more about an entire city than me. Now that he's died after giving me super powers I think I'll piss all over the city that he liked more than me.

Yeah, we should start going around calling Sasuke the illogical emo. I would seriously like to hear his reasoning behind this.

Assertn
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Well.......

It is technically the village's fault that Sasuke's whole clan was destroyed at the hands of his brother. It was also the root's fault for putting such a massive burden on Itachi.

Rikudo
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm willing to forgive this target change (after all, in some twisted 3years old way of thinking, the leaf did break his brother and him apart).
'taka no dan' already exists. and while there was a decent reason for 'snake' (orochimaru's influence), there's absaloutly no reason for hawk (unless it's becuase hawks eat snakes).

Screw Sasuke, we need to see less of the Uchiha Sharingan Shananigans and more of Naruto kicking ass (or just see him kickass for the first time).

Also, as Darky said, Sasuke has the eyes of the jew (jewdan), next thing, he'll get a jewish nose.
I think the name change is a metaphor. Snake sees the world from the ground up while Hawk sees it from above. It's probably Sasuke's way of saying that this time he will not be deceive anymore. When in reality, he played right in Madara's hand.

RyougaZell
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
So... what I want to know is what happened with Kisame...

And since Madara is with Sasuke... will Sasuke become an Akatsuki? Or once again he has his own agenda and will clash with the Akatsuki who wants to capture Naruto...?

Bah... we seriously need to return to Naruto... I want to see their reactions when they find about Jiraiya's death... and Pein's identity.

February
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:36 AM
The new eyes..is that really a new eye? Or is it just a visual effect that will only be shown to us readers for just one time? I hope we don't see it again

And I feel like this was inevitable. Sasuke not only goes with Madara's intentions but as a former student of Oro who uses his techniques, I feel that he should go against Konoha somehow.

Genma
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Well there's one thing we can say, Sasuke just received the eye of the jew

LOL, thats the first thing that came to my mind too.

Sort of thought this was a lame chapter, especially considering Sasuke's sudden desire to destroy Konoha. It's like, "hey, my brother saved me, gave me new eyes, and now I'm going to totally destroy what he lived to protect."

Too much flashback stuff we've already seen as well.

Splash!
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM

Well its not Itachi cared so much about Konoha. He was caught in the middle of the Konoha - Uchiha conflict. He had his loyalties with both sides but in the end , when faced with an impending Uchiha Rebellion that could result in another ninja war, he chose the path with the least bloodshed (the noble choice).

For Sasuke, the fact of the matter is that his entire clan was INDEED massacred on the orders of Konoha's top brass. Since Sasuke is not worried so much about the greater good, but only to avenge his clan, it makes complete sense for him to direct his attention towards the leaf. Sasuke has forsaken the village and holds no loyalty for it, but only for his clan that it destroyed. You can't expect him to have some newfound loyalty for Konoha just because Itachi was forced to side with the village based on his circumstances.

Also, Itachi did pick Sasuke over Konoha, so why cant Sasuke pick his clan over the village.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 05-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Only to encounter YET ANOTHER TWIST. Sasuke then turns his RAGE toward an even more poorly perceived enemy, and the cycle continues.

animus
Fri, 05-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Those eyes look like the dumbest shit I've ever seen. At a glance they look like atom swirls.

Sidnne
Fri, 05-30-2008, 01:45 AM

This was referenced several chapters back. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe it was when Sasuke was fighting Deidara. It was something about "will Sasuke remain a snake or spread his wings and become a hawk?" Not entirely sure of the quote and don't feel like going back to look it up because I'm too tired. But that's the reason for it.

Anyway... I'm REALLY tired of Sasuke and even more tired of all this super sharingan garbage.
Why is Madara part of Sasuke's group now? What about Akatsuki? What about Kisame? I wish Kishi would tie up loose ends.

For a genius, Sasuke is pretty easily manipulated.

And if I see one more flashback of Sasuke and Itachi I might vomit.

Get on with the rest of the story, I believe there is a main character in dire need of development.

It's late and I'm half asleep, so this is more of a collection of thoughts rather than a coherent post. Sorry.

Idealistic
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:02 AM
For a genius, Sasuke is pretty easily manipulated.

Who's to say what Madara told Sasuke is all a bunch of lies? I'm assuming Itachi didn't want Madara to get a hold of Sasuke because he would tell Sasuke the truth. Which would lead to Sasuke hating Konoha and Itachi didn't want that.

But yes.... These twists just leave us clueless as to what Akatsuki's plans really are and why Madara is the leader of it.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:27 AM
I think sasuke changed the name from "snake" to "hawk" because if u look into the jap folklore of tengu, which has been seen around the uchiha shrine and random other places which I can't think of right now. Tengus were originally thought to take the shape of birds of prey i.e. hawks, eagles etc. I guess it just signifies that he's on the uchihas' side and not the snake i.e senjus' side?

I might be looking too much into it tho guess only time will tell if thats what jishimoto ment by snake and hawk.

johntmh
Fri, 05-30-2008, 06:24 AM
With the death of Konoha heroes such as Jiraiya and Itachi, what Konoha can do to withstand the attack from the Team Eagle? If Sasuke is going to crush Konoha, then this would mean that all Itachi’s efforts to ensure the peace of ninja world and the safety of Konoha go into vain. There is absolutely no way for Konoha to defend the village? Well, that won’t be the end of the story as well. Now, we are going to see the true strength of Naruto and other ninjas as well. I indeed suspect what Madara said to be 100% true. Definitely there’s some sort of hidden story that haven’t be revealed.

Now I am wondering how come Sasuke’s eyes look like sunflower? What is this new power now? We saw there are too many enemies that are too strong to handle. Even Paine alone is a deadly threat to the ninja world. Not to mention with Uchiha Madara at the back and now Sasuke, with his new power (although not sure what it is).

The enemy is getting stronger and stronger but Naruto still seems to be slack off. Even supposing sand village come to the aid, this is still insufficient for the Konoha to defend themselves against the attack from Team Eagle or Akatsuki. Anyway, we will be seeing more actions soon and I really want to see what Pain is going to do. For some reason, even without concrete reason, I feel that Pain is not going to cooperate with the Team Eagle. There will be something going wrong between him and Madara. They may have the same objective in the Akatsuki but something tells me that Madara has been using or fooling Pain.

At some point too, don’t you think Sasuke is a bit fool? This story is moving a bit fast where Sasuke become evil due to Madara’s story. I never thought he will have the intention to crush Konoha straight after all Madara’s story. Supposing the truth unveiled by the Madara is 100% true, I still don’t see a strong reason for Sasuke to go against Konoha. Tsunade is going to have hard time :( still; it seems to be impossible for the Konoha to defend against them. So, what I am thinking of is there any hidden power within Naruto that everyone has been questioning about when Jiraiya told Naruto not to use “the power”. I have no idea what is it but I don’t think there will be any sort of power technique or etc. And what is Itachi trying to do and say when he said he want to talk to Naruto. Although I mentioned in my earlier post that Itachi might have predicted this sort of events where Sasuke might turned into bad guy if he is taken by Madara, I think Itachi might also give some seriously important information to Naruto (the only person Itachi can trust) that Sasuke’s new power has its weakness and can be overcome with some sort of technique or whatever it is. Since this information is deadly to Sasuke, Itachi trusts Naruto will not exploit this unreasonably, therefore, Itachi had decided to tell Naruto about this. I think Itachi has been planning and predicting all this along including the possibility that Sasuke will turn into evil. He must be hoping that Naruto will get to Sasuke first before Madara but Naruto fail. In order to prevent Sasuke’s new power from misused by Madara indirectly, a secret about how to counter Sasuke’s new sharingan has been told to Naruto.

Anyway, these are what I am thinking at the moment. Otherwise, it will be too hard or impossible for Konoha to defend against the attack. Very well, from this point of view, looks like Itachi is one hell of great ninja, not even Madara could do anything to control him. That’s why Madara has been waiting for the battle between the brothers so that Itachi dies and he can start his real goal. Madara purposely ordered Zetsu to observe the battle. That’s why Itachi tried to prevent his conversation from been listened by Zetsu. All these seem to have some link or connection.

From the pictures above, it's clearly stated that Madara is expecting and predicting the death of Itachi and is waiting for this opportunity. That's why he is delaying the Konoha team so that they won't interfere with the fight. So how you think? Reasonable?

Well, don’t be too sad over this chapter as I strongly believe Itachi has predicted all. I believe some sort of miracle will occur as well. Hopefully... :)

If you would like to see the photo, come to visit my blog below (sorry for inconvenience,I just lazy to upload the photo again :mellow: )
Hope you like it
My Naruto blog - chapter 402 (http://naruto2talk.blogspot.com/2008/05/chapter-402.html)
Please note that the only different between my blog and this post is just the photos.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-30-2008, 06:32 AM
dammit, stop posting the same shit from your blog (webpage, geocities page, yahoo group).
we aren't fuckin' intersted. there's a discussion going on here, join it, for heavens sake.
you seem to be smart (or at least not considerably dumb), so...
don't post the same crap from your blog.

also: sunflower eyes? wrost name ever. Jewdan? much better.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-30-2008, 06:35 AM
sorry, this should have in bleach.

johntmh
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:12 AM
the reason for this is becos i just copy and paste from my blog. if you're not intrested in the photo, you can just ignore the link. I had spent quite a time to write and put photo in my blog, but i m not going to do it twice again as i m not involved in this forum only, i have been involving in other forum as well. there are no problem raised from other forum except this forum. the reason i m doing my own blog is to gather all my own original thought and i can oversee all my posts in my own blog. it will be much easier. a forum exist is to discuss about the same product( naruto) where we are the fan of it. there is no need for scolding or negative impression towards others. If the owner of this forum doesnt quite happy with me, he or she is free to ban me from here. I wont mind also. And I had mention in the post that the only different from my blog is I included the photo in my blog where i didnt do the same here. I would be much easier if i just copy and paste my own thought frm my blog to all the form i joined out there. and my friends can easily read my blog as well. They dont hv to go from forum to forum to find what i posted.
I would like to apologise to other readers if you have read all this as I have waste your time. Sorry.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:29 AM
again, that's problematic.
that seems like a formatic answer. how many forums have you posted it in?*

there's a discussion already going on, join it, converse with others, debate on theories made by other people.

explain this again, you're posting here the same message you post on your blog and on other few forums, right?
why? do you summarize all the posts you've read into a giant conclusion of "What I think about what other people thought about the last chapter?"

*yes, I know that you've wrriten this is the only place people object your ways, I was refering to the fact that I have no idea how much of this is reaching you.

johntmh
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Other readers don't bother read this post. In respond to the previous post above, I will claim this is 100% original my own thought. If you don't believe, you can go check any forum and see whether it is summary or not. If it's summary, then I don't mind ppl come to sue me for plagiarism.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:46 AM
I probably didn't explain myself very well, let me ask again.

why?

why bother posting the same thing on so many forums? are you continuing the discussion at each of them? are you taking notes of who says what on which forum and which user thinks on another webpage?

it feels like you're signed in just to post that summary from your blog, and to make sure people read it. it's fine with me, just don't be so blunt about it. have a link in your sig.
however, the discussion is happenning here (in this forum, this thread), so write it like a forum msg, and not a blog.

johntmh
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
ok then the next time i will just use signature.

toonice714
Fri, 05-30-2008, 11:06 AM
wow i thought sasuke would maybe be intelligent for once but no. This is exactly why i hate him. I hope kisame says something to him to make him not be retarded but that wont happen. oh well.... im pissed that we didn't even get to see suigetsu fight. did he have samehada on his back or no. i gotta check

Assertn
Fri, 05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
You guys are being bitches...who cares? This was a cool chapter. Sasuke has EMS now and will definitely become an active opponent of the root organization. The existence of Konoha created the situation that Sasuke now has to deal with...maybe Naruto will convince Sasuke otherwise by using the same rationalizations you guys are using. Remember, Itachi had a chat with Naruto shortly before confronting Sasuke.

Seriously, what would you prefer Sasuke to do at this point?

SilentSnake
Fri, 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM

only 1 explanation = Kishimoto reads Berserk;)

Sasuke - Griffith, Naruto - Guts(with no guts...).

I liked this chapter overall but Kishi could have come up with something better than "jewdan".

February
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Anyway... I'm REALLY tired of Sasuke and even more tired of all this super sharingan garbage.

And if I see one more flashback of Sasuke and Itachi I might vomit.

Get on with the rest of the story, I believe there is a main character in dire need of development.

I'm more tired of you guys bitching about Sasuke flashbacks every week a chapter is released. So what if Kishi decides to go into-depth about Uchihas? If you don't like his manga, don't read it then. Personally, I would rather have the story go into depth about Sasuke than any other characters like Choji, Shikamaru, Kiba, etc.

Not only is Uchiha's sharingan > Anything what Naruto has, but this flashback is helping us realize the backroots of Konoha's History and how the 1st became the 1st.

You are always welcome to GTFO if you don't like reading the manga. No one is forcing you to read this "Garbage"

Knives122
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Sasuke has EMS now and will definitely become an active opponent of the root organization.

What makes you think Sasuke's new MS isn't just his regular MS at no point did we ever get the impression that Madara gave Sasuke Itachi's eyes and if he did the result would be a combination of the two like Madara's.

That whole Amateratsu thing that happened was just a booby-trap.

Assertn
Fri, 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Because, Knives...

1) MS is represented as a pattern of 3, EMS is represented as a pattern of 6.
2) EMS is achieved through killing your brother, which Sasuke has accomplished.
3) We saw Sasuke's MS, and it looked the same as Itachi's. So why doesn't it look the same now?
4) Why would Itachi give Sasuke MS if MS deteriorates?
5) Getting EMS from Itachi is the only way Sasuke could possibly obtain EMS. If he doesn't have it now, then he'll never get it. Having it now is a good way of guaranteeing that he'll be stronger than Kakashi, and also gives him a fighting chance against Madara in the future.

I think it's pretty obvious how different this sharingan is from any of the other MSes we've seen before.

That whole Amateratsu thing that happened was just a booby-trap.
So you're saying that he has two different MS forms? a booby trap form and a real form?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
No 1 - Sasuke is the ultimate arse hole now.

No 2 - Its a good thing Naruto decided to use his own powers to rescue Sasuke, because Kyuubi isn't going to help on bit now since Sasuke knows he can control it.

No 3 - Naruto better get some big ass time upgrade otherwise he will be massacared. Sasuke is now at Kage level/ greater, whilst Naruto at best is still a Chuunin. He is going to get his ass whooped unless he learns something other than Rasengan or its variations.

Unless of course he learns to do a Hadoken.

Abdula
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Quit your bitching people. What exactly did you think the outcome of all of this would be. No sensible person can say they didn't expect this. Btw there is nothing wrong with the way Sasuke is thinking. I don't think he would have come to this conclusion if Madara wasn't there to point him in the right direction but that is why Itachi didn't want Sasuke meeting Madara in the first place. Sasuke's whole reason for being was to avenge his clan, he thought Itachi was the one responsible and thus blamed him. When Itachi said that Madara helped him Sasuke vowed that he would kill Madara as well which is what Itachi wanted.

Now that Sasuke knows the truth he realizes that Itachi wasn't the one responsible for the clan being destroyed but he was only following orders so naturally Sasuke would want revenge on the ones that issued those orders. Sasuke is just full of unbridled hate and he just needs a direction to point it in and Madara gave him that direction.

I don't even think most of you guys posts even have points. You're just going along with the commonly held belief that Sasuke is an emo arse hole and everything he does sucks. You people can't even see how good this is. The series needed a villain, a powerful villain and now it has one. One who is more motivated that any that has come before and one who has connections to both Orochimaru, Akatsuki and Kyuubi. I can't believe you people don't seem to see the potential there. You guys are always talking about loose ends and now that Kishi is tying everything together you're complaining.

One other thing. I find it very interesting that all but one Senju and Uchiha are left. I mean its no coincidence that the Senju Clan that Madara hated is gone and the Uchiha Clan that betrayed him is also gone yet he is still alive. I think Madara has been pulling alot more strings from behind the scenes than we realize and now he is just setting things in motion again so he can sit back and watch Senju vs Uchiha part 3.

The only problem I have is that the much anticipated Sasuke power up looks so terrible. Madara's looked so good so why does Sasuke have to have this crap. Kishi could have really come up with a better design.

Rikudo
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
^ or a shinku-hadouken.

Anyways, I like where the story is going. Even if sasuke's decision is a little haste to hate Konoha, I mean he could have atleast give it some thought. Maybe that's Madara's power, to brainwashed people.

I'm hoping Naruto becomes a wanderer for a while and start developing his skills on his own and surprise us in the middle of Konoha war against Sasuke. Picture Naruto cover in worn off cloak, jumping off of a giant frog casting his shadows on people below. Then, mountain of dust erupts from the ground and you see a glimpse of a person. He looks confident and compose, he opens his mouth and say, " I'm here dattebayo!"

Knives122
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Because, Knives...

1) MS is represented as a pattern of 3, EMS is represented as a pattern of 6.
2) EMS is achieved through killing your brother, which Sasuke has accomplished.
3) We saw Sasuke's MS, and it looked the same as Itachi's. So why doesn't it look the same now?
4) Why would Itachi give Sasuke MS if MS deteriorates?
5) Getting EMS from Itachi is the only way Sasuke could possibly obtain EMS. If he doesn't have it now, then he'll never get it. Having it now is a good way of guaranteeing that he'll be stronger than Kakashi, and also gives him a fighting chance against Madara in the future.

1. We've only seen one EMS so you can't base it solely on that assumption.
2. It was said that EMS was achieved by 'taking' your brother's eyes, sure you can kill him if you want, Madara's brother on the other hand gave them up willingly and I don't remember him dying as a result(Itachi even tsukuyomied the result and Sasuke didn't die from having an eye taken out).
3. Not buying it, Madara and his brother didn't have the same MS so why should Sasuke and Itachi?
4. Continued use of the MS is the only reason you go blind
5.If that's even the case then the whole eye implanting story Itachi gave Sasuke was bullshit.

I think it's pretty obvious how different this sharingan is from any of the other MSes we've seen before.

Every MS has been different from every other

So you're saying that he has two different MS forms? a booby trap form and a real form?

FAIL (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/397/09/)
SAFE (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/397/10/)
We'll probably never see it again.

Abdula
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Let it go Knives.
1.Yes we've only seen one EMS but that doesn't mean we can't make any assumptions based on that.
2. Yes EMS is achieved by 'taking' your brothers eyes but we don't know what that 'taking' entails and they certainly don't go around plucking out each others eyes. Itachi transferred his MS technique to Sasuke's eyes so thats enough for me and its obviously enough for Kishi. I'm pretty sure it was implied that Madara's brother was killed. He didn't pluck out his eyes like what Itachi showed Sasuke and it was mentioned later that willing or not Madara did infact kill his brother. As for Itachi using Tsukiyomi on Sasuke it should be obvious that Itachi didn't want to hurt him.
3. I don't see your point. They don't need to have to have the same MS. Madara and his brother had two very different MS and his EMS was a combination of both. From what we saw before when Sasuke used Amaterasu and from what we see now it appears that Itachi and Sasuke had the same MS which is why his EMS is so symmetrical. Like Itachi said they were unique brothers.
4. No continued use is not the only reason you go blind. MS gives you the ability to control the Kyuubi and blindness is the cost of gaining that power. Whether you continuously use MS or not you will still go blind, continued use just speeds up the process.
5. I think the whole point of Madara's speech was to show Sasuke that Itachi was feeding him a whole bunch of bullshit.

And like Assertn said MS like sharingan is represented in a pattern of three and EMS is a pattern of six signifying that its two MSes.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Anyone tried taking 3 MS's? Is this thing like a scalable cascade or something?

Niner4959
Fri, 05-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Also, Itachi did pick Sasuke over Konoha, so why cant Sasuke pick his clan over the village.

Sasuke is. Distroy the village, avenge his clan. Simple.

Kusanagi
Fri, 05-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Why doesn't Sasuke realize (as Madara even explained) that it wasn't the entire village that wanted Uchiha destroyed, just a select group. After realizing that, why not go back to Konoha "Oh hey guys, long time no see I'm back" and then all sneaky like kill those top brass responsible.

It would make more sense to me then wanting the utter destruction of the village Itachi fought so hard to protect.

toonice714
Sat, 05-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I really think that the only good thing about this chapter is that we wont have to hear about sasuke or anymore uchihas for awhile. Thier style of fighting is sooo boring. They solve everything by staring at it. It's stupid. Hopefully we will get to see some roots members or some higher level ninja now that sasuke has declared war on the leaf. The initial team of genin doesnt seem like they might get any powerups any time soon. Maybe more jounin will come out of the works and show us why konoha is feared

Sidnne
Sat, 05-31-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm more tired of you guys bitching about Sasuke flashbacks every week a chapter is released. So what if Kishi decides to go into-depth about Uchihas? If you don't like his manga, don't read it then. Personally, I would rather have the story go into depth about Sasuke than any other characters like Choji, Shikamaru, Kiba, etc.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was where people come to ride Kishi's nuts. I thought this was a place I could post my thoughts on the chapter and discuss what I liked and didn't like with other people.
:rolleyes:

You are always welcome to GTFO if you don't like reading the manga. No one is forcing you to read this "Garbage"

You probably think you made some kind of profound statement with that one, huh?

Not only is Uchiha's sharingan > Anything what Naruto has, but this flashback is helping us realize the backroots of Konoha's History and how the 1st became the 1st.

Those aren't the flashbacks I'm talking about. I'm not sure if you actually read the manga or not, but if you do then surely you must have noticed the 400 or so flashbacks of Sasuke trying to get Itachi to play with him throughout the series.

Also the two parts of your sentence are completely unrelated to one another, so I'm not really sure why you put them together like that. That's just a really, really poor statement.

It's sounds like you're just another emo Sasuke fanboy who takes it personally when someone has an opinion of Sasuke which doesn't quite match your own.

FullMetalAlchemist
Sat, 05-31-2008, 01:05 AM
im gonna go on a limb and say this is the reason itachi spoke with naruto before he encountered sasuke. he probably left some sort of message with naruto to tell sasuke. there has to be a reason kishi never showed what itachi spoke to naruto about.

on another note unless naruto does some crazy ass training when he gets back to the village or w/e he will never catch up to sasuke at this rate. naruto gets a wind rasengan, then sasuke gets MS and some super MS we have no idea what kind of power it hold. hopefully next chapter will go back to them and wth happened to shark face (forgot his name) wasn't he fighting team hebi lol.

chet_chetty
Sat, 05-31-2008, 01:59 AM
As disappointed as most people, myself included, that we never got to see Suigetsu plus the rest of Team Snake/Hawk take on Kisame, it's not hard to believe their fight was ended by something as simple as Madara calling it off.

I was wrong that Madara freed Sasuke if you still consider him hanging around as exerting some kind of control over Sasuke. I guess you could say that Sasuke is free to do as he pleases even though his current goal to destroy the Leaf falls in line with Madara's longtime goal. Unless it's revealed that Madara is controlling Sasuke's mind, Sasuke is essentially acting of his own will.

Abdula
Sat, 05-31-2008, 08:26 AM
He is controlling his mind but its not like he using genjutsu or anything to do it hes simply manipulating him to get him to do what he wants just like Itachi was manipulating Sasuke or how Oro was manipulating him. Sasuke is acting of his own free that is exactly what they're using against him Sasuke just doesn't ever seem to understand when he is being manipulated. He's not too bright.

on another note unless naruto does some crazy ass training when he gets back to the village or w/e he will never catch up to sasuke at this rate. naruto gets a wind rasengan, then sasuke gets MS and some super MS we have no idea what kind of power it hold.

Well Naruto does have the key that Jiraiya was holding and whatever other secrets Minato left for him coming his way but I don't know how that would help.

Awe, the neg reps, so cute. It just isn't a Naruto thread without them.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 05-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I dont know, I am Sasuke does have alot going for him, but he did lose his seal mark to Itachi, that has to take some stuff away, not to mention he did have Oro in him at that point as well. I am curious to see what kind of moves he still has.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't think he should lose any 'normal' jutsu, maybe just the insane 'orochimaru spitting' and 'snake vomitting' moves, but nobody will miss them.

Tyreal
Sat, 05-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Well Naruto does have the key that Jiraiya was holding and whatever other secrets Minato left for him coming his way but I don't know how that would help.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned one of Naruto's major weaknesses is that both Rasengan and the Shadow Clones are both close combat techniques, which are easy to dodge for almost any ninja over Chunnin level.

If Naruto learns Minato's Flying Thunder God Technique (the technique where he can almost instantly move from one spot to another) that would make his Wind Shuriken Rasengan almost unstoppable (assuming he can use both of the techniques at the same time and he gets the scroll soon).

Combined with Naruto's new style of training he should be able to master both techniques fairly quickly. Along with any other information contained in the scroll. Which I'm hoping means Naruto will soon stop being a steaming pile of crap. Although I'm still expecting him to suck in tactics at least if this happens at least when he charges in blindly most fights would be over before they begin with the Flying Thunder God Technique and the Rasengan/Wind Shuriken Rasengan.

Tobydelaroka
Sat, 05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Konoha is fucked! and more people will going to die.
So.. Sasuke can control Amaterasu and Susanno?

P/S: Sasuke's Mom is hot.

Assertn
Sat, 05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was where people come to ride Kishi's nuts. I thought this was a place I could post my thoughts on the chapter and discuss what I liked and didn't like with other people.
:rolleyes:
Except it kind of ruins it for those of us who did enjoy the chapter to just get nothing but two pages of whining. We get it, you don't like the Uchiha story. How is this a constructive contribution towards the discussion?

Also, any post that doesn't say anything except "I should just stop reading the manga" should be flagged as spam.

Why doesn't Sasuke realize (as Madara even explained) that it wasn't the entire village that wanted Uchiha destroyed, just a select group.
Because it's not just a select group that's responsible. Sure one person pointed the gun, and another person pulled the trigger, but this is all a consequence of generations of segregation and political strife. Everything that happened was for the sake of Konoha as a whole, not for the sake of a select few.

The moral of the story is that the peace and unity of the clans under one village was a fallacy that had ultimately served to weaken the Uchiha clan's influence in the ninja world. It wasn't Itachi that killed the Uchiha clan...it was Konoha.

@DBZ: He will also lose that quick-healing that he used after the Deidara fight.

Sidnne
Sat, 05-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Except it kind of ruins it for those of us who did enjoy the chapter to just get nothing but two pages of whining. We get it, you don't like the Uchiha story. How is this a constructive contribution towards the discussion?

Also, any post that doesn't say anything except "I should just stop reading the manga" should be flagged as spam.

No. I enjoy the manga, but that doesn't mean that I have to like everything about it; and I'm free to talk about the things I like and don't like about it. There's plenty of things I like about the manga that other people don't, but I don't call them idiots for it and tell them they should stop reading the manga.

I suppose you could simply ban all opinion from posts and they could all just be objective summaries of the current chapter, but I don't see how that would be a constructive contribution either.

chet_chetty
Sat, 05-31-2008, 11:34 PM
He is controlling his mind but its not like he using genjutsu or anything to do it hes simply manipulating him to get him to do what he wants...

that's what I meant...control in the literal sense through genjutsu or whatever other miscellaneous technique is available to Madara.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 06-01-2008, 04:59 AM
Now Sasuke suddenly loves his brother and wants to avenge him? Give me a break.

Itachi was weak-minded and got brain-washed by Root so easily.

Even if it was the case that Itachi needed to qwell an insurrection from his own clan, he should have just killed those who were talking about or leading it, not the entire clan and his own family.

This plot twist is really stupid. On top of that why would Root trust such an operation to Itachi? Also is the Uchiha so weak that Root believed Itachi could take the entire clan by himself? I doubt they knew that Madara was going to help Itachi.

Though Madara and Itachi didn't give the order, they were still the main culprits. It's more realistic for Sasuke to still hate Itachi and want to kill Madara next. It would also be more reasonable for him to want to assassinate Danzo and the Leaf elder advisors instead of wanting to take on an entire village by himself.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 06-01-2008, 05:04 AM

Because it's not just a select group that's responsible. Sure one person pointed the gun, and another person pulled the trigger, but this is all a consequence of generations of segregation and political strife. Everything that happened was for the sake of Konoha as a whole, not for the sake of a select few.

The moral of the story is that the peace and unity of the clans under one village was a fallacy that had ultimately served to weaken the Uchiha clan's influence in the ninja world. It wasn't Itachi that killed the Uchiha clan...it was Konoha.

@DBZ: He will also lose that quick-healing that he used after the Deidara fight.

Well then, as Sasuke is massacring the little Leaf-Village kids and their moms, I hope he explains your little theory so that way they know what's going on.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-01-2008, 08:26 AM
While, on the one hand, I can agree that it's a bit annoying that everything's revolving around Sasuke, on the other hand, this story is the best that it's ever been, specially if you've been folloing it from the beginning. It has all of the personal elements the series tends to overexaggerate, but this time included said elements in good taste. More political machinery behind konoha has been revealed, and a dark past revealed now taints the village we all once thought to be saintly.
The lines between good and evil are finally being blurred. Actually, no. We've been watching this whole series through the eyes of naruto, sasuke, and sakura, who were all basically children. So for their sakes, the lines were clearly defined. You do not tell children of the darkness behind their homes, their towns, their states, countries and world. You try to protect them, and you try to indoctrinate them. Now these things are being put to the test, and the lines dividing good and evil are being shown for what they really are: amorphous, ever shifting, and entropic. The kids are becoming adults, Sasuke's the first to be tested, and this is the perspective we're now being given. How can anyone complain about this?

Assertn
Sun, 06-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Well then, as Sasuke is massacring the little Leaf-Village kids and their moms, I hope he explains your little theory so that way they know what's going on.
I'm sure Sasuke will when Naruto confronts him and asks him two thousand times why he's doing this.

FullMetalAlchemist
Sun, 06-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Now Sasuke suddenly loves his brother and wants to avenge him? Give me a break.

Itachi was weak-minded and got brain-washed by Root so easily.

Even if it was the case that Itachi needed to qwell an insurrection from his own clan, he should have just killed those who were talking about or leading it, not the entire clan and his own family.

This plot twist is really stupid. On top of that why would Root trust such an operation to Itachi? Also is the Uchiha so weak that Root believed Itachi could take the entire clan by himself? I doubt they knew that Madara was going to help Itachi.

Though Madara and Itachi didn't give the order, they were still the main culprits. It's more realistic for Sasuke to still hate Itachi and want to kill Madara next. It would also be more reasonable for him to want to assassinate Danzo and the Leaf elder advisors instead of wanting to take on an entire village by himself.

Itachi did it to stop a ninja war, and the leads of the rebelion was his father so he had to kill his own family, the only reason sasuke had no clue about it was because he was young, otherwise the clan knew about everything. On to your other point on root sending him alone, it makes sense because the family would have never expected him to attack the clan so byt he time they knew what was happeneing to late. makes sense in theory but he ended up needing help.

Assertn
Sun, 06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
It had to look like it was all Itachi's idea. If Itachi only took out the conspirators then it would be pretty obvious someone was pulling the strings, and things would only get worse

Abdula
Mon, 06-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Even so Itachi wasn't able to do it on his own. He killed his best friend to gain MS and that still wouldn't have been enough but they couldn't send anyone else to help him because as they said only someone with the sharingan would be able to fight the Uchiha which is why Itachi asked Madara for help.

-Something thats bothering me. Back in chapter 400 Madara said that at that time he was in the village and he wanted the war to happen because he was bitter towards both the Senju and the Uchiha. So without a doubt this whole thing happening had something to do with Madara I think we all get that but what I don't get is the rest of it. What I get from that is that he was in the village since the beginning and was influencing things so eventually there would a war between the Uchiha and the village.

He said Itachi realized that he was alive and that he was the one responsible for this happening and Itachi confronted him and made him an offer. He said the offer was that in return for Itachi helping him get his revenge on the Uchiha, Madara would have to leave the rest of the village alone. It seemed to make sense when I first read it but now that I think about it why the hell would Madara go along with that. I mean he spent all these years planning and manipulating things so that there would be a war between the Uchihas and Konoha and all his planning was about to come to fruition why the hell would he change his mind and go along with Itachi.

Doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Unless Itachi offered him something else that he neglected to mention. Something to sweeten the deal, something that Madara wanted more than revenge and something he wouldn't have been able to get on his own. The only thing I can think of is ofcourse Sasuke but that doesn't make much sense either.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
That bothered me as well, but with all the conflicting stories being passed around it's hard to keep track of who's lying and who's not.

Instead of offering an incentive It could just as easily be that Itachi really was strong enough to threaten Madara. We know physical attacks like Amaterasu mean nothing to him but we have not seen him go up against any form of mental or ethereal attack. There's still a chance a healthy Itachi could have taken out or at least troubled Madara. If this was the case he might have have agreed to only getting revenge on Uchiha's in the short term rather than fighting Itachi and potentially losing/becoming incapacitated for a long period of time. Madara had lived for almost a hundred years by that point, so he probably had the patience to just wait for Itachi to die then work to get his revenge on the Senju.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 06-03-2008, 01:11 AM
LOL!

I skipped the flashbacks and just got to sasuke at the end. This is perfect. Lots more fights. Starting what looks to be soon.

Konoha lied to Lil Uchiha. And forced Itachi to kill his entire clan. Now Sasukes gonna have to do what Sasuke does best, bloody vengeance.

Abdula
Wed, 06-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Okay Yuki, that is what I figured too but then why would Itachi being the genius that he is not figure that out. If he figured Madara was still alive and working behind the scenes to cause this war then he had to know that sooner or later Madara would begin stirring things up again like he is doing now. If Itachi had enough power to take out Madara or even just enough to incapacitate him or something why didn't he take care of Madara back then.

The whole reason this thing started as far as was explained was because the Uchihas were being blamed for the Kyuubi attack. Even Sasuke the dope that he is figured that Madara was the one behind the Kyuubi attack so why didn't Itachi just take out Madara as soon as he figured out he was alive and then tell the elders that it was Madara behind the attack and not the Uchihas. Or for that matter why not just tell the Uchihas that it was Madara behind the attack and that he was blackmailing them to cause a war. The Uchiha should have believed him because they already knew that it wasn't them that was responsible for the attack and they would know better than anyone else what Madara is capable of. I mean even Jiraiya with what little information he had came to the conclusion that Madara was responsible so its reasonable to think that people in the village would have had their suspicions too. The very reason they pointed the finger at the Uchiha is because they knew one had attacked the village with the Kyuubi before and now Itachi had proof.

That is of course if Itachi had the power the stop Madara in the first place which I think he did. Even if he didn't all he had to do was inform them of the fact that Madara was there and that alone should have been enough to quell the Uchiha if not stop all hostilities all together because the Third was trying to forge a truce in the first place. They said he killed the clan to prevent war but at best all he did was delay the inevitable.

Then there is the matter of what exactly Minato knew. Jiraiya surmised that Minato figured out Madara was alive and was planning something big which is why Minato did what he did. Now as for what Minato did, why did he do it. If he figured out that Madara was involved with the Kyuubi, whether Madara's power is related to the Kyuubi or whether he was just using the Kyuubi to stir things up. Why didn't Minato just seal all of it away why separate the ying and the yang chakra and seal away the ying and put the yang in Naruto. Unless having the Kyuubi was necessary for something important something that was worth risking Madara getting his hands on it again. This could have something to do with why Madara is using Akatsuki to collect the bijuu in the first place.

Then there is the matter of why the Uchihas needed to be killed. Coup D'etat or not I can't see any reason why all the Uchiha needed to be killed. I'm sure Sasuke wasn't the only one of the Uchihas who was unaware of what was going on so why did they all need to be killed. If it was just to prevent a coup then only the ring leaders would need to be killed possibly the rest of the police force could have been dealt with too or just arrested and imprisoned but why did they all have to die. Why did those like Sasuke who were unaware of everything still needed to be killed and why were those who weren't a threat like Sasuke's aunt and uncle who weren't even ninjas and so couldn't even use the sharingan needed to be killed as well. Why was Danzo so adamant about every Uchiha to a man being killed to the point that after the third died Itachi had to return to the village just to ensure that Sasuke wouldn't be killed.

Putting down political unrest is one thing but this seems more like they were cleansing the village of the Uchihas and I can't think of why that would be necessary. It wasn't because of the threat of the Kyuubi attacking because it was effectively sealed away and even so in that case only those with the sharingan would need to be killed. This seems more like the Senju wanted all the Uchihas killed for some reason and they just used the coup as an excuse to eliminate them.

February
Wed, 06-04-2008, 10:40 AM
No. I enjoy the manga, but that doesn't mean that I have to like everything about it; and I'm free to talk about the things I like and don't like about it. There's plenty of things I like about the manga that other people don't, but I don't call them idiots for it and tell them they should stop reading the manga.

I suppose you could simply ban all opinion from posts and they could all just be objective summaries of the current chapter, but I don't see how that would be a constructive contribution either.

Thats fine that there are things you like and dislike. We've already heard you complain about the Uchiha/Sasuke in the previous weeks. But it is to the point where people start noticing it because you've been doing that multiple times. Not only is repeated opinion redundant, but your multiple complaints are disturbing some users who actually found the chapters enjoyable. It also does not lead to any insightful discussion of the story, which is the purpose of these forums. Yes, we all have our opinions, but we don't have to hear yours over and over again. It makes you seem like you don't find the current manga enjoyable, which makes users like me suggest that you should stop reading the manga as a simple solution. This also goes another user on this thread who I will remain anonymous for now.

And also, I never called you any names, idiot or anything. Stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say just to strengthen your point. And I know that it is implied toward me.

Y
Thu, 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Thats fine that there are things you like and dislike. We've already heard you complain about the Uchiha/Sasuke in the previous weeks. But it is to the point where people start noticing it because you've been doing that multiple times. Not only is repeated opinion redundant, but your multiple complaints are disturbing some users who actually found the chapters enjoyable. It also does not lead to any insightful discussion of the story, which is the purpose of these forums. Yes, we all have our opinions, but we don't have to hear yours over and over again. It makes you seem like you don't find the current manga enjoyable, which makes users like me suggest that you should stop reading the manga as a simple solution. This also goes another user on this thread who I will remain anonymous for now.

There's not even one true part of this paragraph.

Sidnne
Thu, 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Thats fine that there are things you like and dislike. We've already heard you complain about the Uchiha/Sasuke in the previous weeks. But it is to the point where people start noticing it because you've been doing that multiple times. Not only is repeated opinion redundant, but your multiple complaints are disturbing some users who actually found the chapters enjoyable. It also does not lead to any insightful discussion of the story, which is the purpose of these forums. Yes, we all have our opinions, but we don't have to hear yours over and over again.

Really? You've heard me complain over and over again? Could you link to those posts for me, because I'm pretty sure I've only made two posts "in the previous weeks" that could even be remotely considered complaints (although anyone who isn't a Sasuke fanboy would not see them as complaints).
One of those posts being from the 401 discussion: "Those last panels gave me hope that the story will finally move away from Sasuke for a while and get back to all the other things that are going. The Uchiha story was the least of my interests. I want to know more about Jiraiya's death, Payne, and that frog key thing." and if you see that as a complaint then you've got issues.

If you're gonna call somebody out, at least go back and check their posts before you type about them. Several people have complained about the focus on Sasuke and Kishi's love for him, but do not try to pin all of those posts on a single person.

It makes you seem like you don't find the current manga enjoyable, which makes users like me suggest that you should stop reading the manga as a simple solution. This also goes another user on this thread who I will remain anonymous for now

No, it makes it seem like I don't find Sasuke enjoyable, which makes fanboys like you suggest that I should stop reading the manga because you're offended that not everyone shares your love of the Uchiha.

And also, I never called you any names, idiot or anything.

Not in this thread, no. But, you do call people idiots for mentioning Obito.

Stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say just to strengthen your point. And I know that it is implied toward me.

Never happened. Please stop making up stuff about me complaining over and over just to strengthen your point.

edit: Oh yeah,

...repeated opinion redundant...
lol