PDA

View Full Version : TV: Fringe

Munsu
Wed, 05-28-2008, 01:13 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8163/15adco600fz3.jpg

Well, this is the new show coming to FOX from JJ Abrams (LOST, Cloverfield, Alias, Star Trek), and it looks like it'll be plenty interesting. It starrs Joshua Jackson (Mighty Ducks), Anna Torv, who looks interesting so far, and my man Lance Reddick (The Wire, LOST, OZ).

Here are a couple of promos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sFdBXQp4CeI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sWlsXtsQ6CQ

FBI agents Olivia Dunham and Peter Bishop are faced with a rapidly spreading unexplained phenomenon of the threatening kind. In an attempt to stop the spread, they enlist the assistance of Bishop's estranged father, the institutionalized scientist Dr. Walter Bishop.
http://fox.com/fringe/
http://www.tv.com/fringe/show/75146/summary.html

Foomanchew24
Fri, 05-30-2008, 08:05 PM
This definately looks like a watch for me, now I just have to convince the wife to watch it so I'm not watching it by my self at night and commenting about it on an anime forum with one other guy named Munsu......

rockmanj
Tue, 06-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, I'm in it with you all. The pilot was mildly interesting, and it seems like it might have that J.J. Abrams touch to it.

Munsu
Tue, 06-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Yep, I liked the pilot... though it got a bit slow since it was mostly introducing the characters and all, but I expect good things from now on. I think it'll have a good mixture of self-contained storylines, while still moving towards a bigger mystery plot. I think the characters are interesting so far.

Here's the pilot dvdscr:
http://torrent.zoink.it/Fringe.S01E01.DVDSCR.XviD-MEDiEVAL.[eztv].torrent

Assassin
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Watched it last nite...gotta say, its a pretty good show. Kept me really interested all the way through. Great acting as well. It seems kinda like the X-Files though....paranormal phenomenon happening all over the place and an fbi agent investigating.

What day does it air?

Munsu
Fri, 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Watched it last nite...gotta say, its a pretty good show. Kept me really interested all the way through. Great acting as well. It seems kinda like the X-Files though....paranormal phenomenon happening all over the place and an fbi agent investigating.

What day does it air?
Looks like it'll be airing on Tuesdays at 9pm EST.

Raven
Sat, 08-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I finally got around to watching the pilot, I'm impressed... and hooked. I'll be watching this for sure. I kind of like the idea of self-contained episode plots all leading toward a greater overall mystery. It definitely has that JJ Abrams feel to it too.

When does the series actually begin? Have they announced it yet?

Foomanchew24
Sat, 08-16-2008, 11:50 PM
It premieres September 9th. I actually saw the offical whatever its called at comicon and I must say it is one slick show. Looks expensive to make though, so I hope it gets good ratings so that fox doesnt drop it cause they are cheap.

rockmanj
Sun, 08-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Yea, i'm looking forward to this show!

Munsu
Wed, 09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
For those that are interested and haven't seen the first episode yet, here's the aired version:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1788170

It premiered last night, and didn't notice differences between this version and the dvdscr version. As I mentioned before, the pilot episode was quite kickass.

Next week show moves to the 9:00pm slot... House's season premiere will start at 8:00pm. Looks like Tuesday nights are going to be awesome for FOX this season.

Also, there'll be repeat of this episode on Sunday, that will include a sneak peak of the next episode... like the first 5 minutes or so:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117991887.html?categoryid=14

Munsu
Thu, 09-11-2008, 08:08 AM
This column is a good read, and recommended for everyone watching or planning to watch Fringe:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Fringe-Burning-Questions/800046471

Here's a sample:

What's up with those symbols (leaf, frog, etc.) that appear before commercial breaks? Are they some kind of puzzle that we're supposed to "figure out"?
Well, not exactly. "They are all things that look natural, but have more to them; they've been altered," says Orci. For now, he advises only that you note the order in which they appear on the series. For the record, so far we've only seen the leaf, which was floating around inside the Massive Dynamic handprint scanner in the final scene.

Raven
Fri, 09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm downloading episode 1 now - I want to watch it again as completely intended as opposed to the original pilot. That, and I want it fresh in my mind before more episodes air.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 09-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I watched episode one with my wife, second time for me, and it seemed slower paced to me. The first time through was very enjoyable. The preview for the next episode looks intense so thats promising. I read in an interview that J.J. thought the next few episodes were much better than the pilot. The pilot cost 10 mil and it got a 9.9 (ratings) share or whatever, which they felt was disappointing numbers but it re-airs on Sunday so hopefully more people will jump on board to ride the fringe wagon. Fox better not give up early on this show, I think it has great potential.

Eurasian
Sat, 09-13-2008, 01:19 AM
I like that article Munsu. It makes me want to play closer attention to the details when I'm watching the show.
I'm a big fan of Lost and that's why I gave this show a chance. The visual scenes (the bodies...) I thought were really cool AND the dramatic music is similar to Lost. I like it so far!

saman
Mon, 09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
this...seems interesting in its own right, but it really feels like a rehash of the x-files too, which i'm incidentally rewatching these days. mysterious phenomenon, fbi agents, possibly conspiracy theories. i hope j.j. abrams does something unique with this show to make it stand out.

also, the whole "letters floating in space over the place they're supposed to represent" idea seems cool in theory, but somehow, i really kinda hate it when it's actually done. it's cheesy and takes away from the realism of the scenes in question

edit: oh, and also, the main reason this show caught my attention in the first place is because john noble's in it. denethorrrrr!

Eurasian
Mon, 09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
also, the whole "letters floating in space over the place they're supposed to represent" idea seems cool in theory, but somehow, i really kinda hate it when it's actually done. it's cheesy and takes away from the realism of the scenes in question
I agree!! Everytime it shows up, it looks like a sign/billboard. Takes me a second to realize it's not. =/

Abdula
Mon, 09-15-2008, 11:26 PM
it really feels like a rehash of the x-files
That is exactly why I love this show. Its feels like a newer, fresher X-files and there really hasn't been any series since X-files, that filled that niche. I think they are definitely going to distinguish themselves from the X-files though and the huge budget should help.

Assassin
Tue, 09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.massivedynamic.com/

How interesting.

Munsu
Tue, 09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I think there are more sites like that around... I'm pretty sure this is another viral site:
http://www.glowingmonkeys.com/

Second episode tonight, and also House returns!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 09-22-2008, 07:01 AM
No comments on the second ep? Just got around to watching it last night.

Waltler Bishop is a hoot sometimes, just the way he forgets shit. I like that they have him as a wild card. Plus you add the fact that he wanted to keep the medical history of his son a secret...??? I am thinking that a 190 IQ didnt come from good genes alone!

Munsu
Mon, 09-22-2008, 07:19 AM
I was waiting for someone to comment before I did as I don't like to double post.

I liked the second episode more than the first one. As you said, Walter really makes this series what it is. He has a ton of funny moments and lines. The mystery of the week of this episode was a cool one, and I like the graphic nature of the show. Was it just a coincidence that Olivia was connected somehow through a previous case? Makes you wonder why her was chosen for this job, it seems like there's more to her than what we're being told, and I'm sure Broyles knows the reason.

Third episode tomorrow.

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-22-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm really wondering what part in this the GD Vice President has in all this. She was present when they took in the body of Olivia's ex-partner and scanned his brain, so it would seem like the company has a part in The Pattern. Yet, she's right with Olivia's boss in the beginning of the second episode along with a large board of people, and she's always happy to assist in the investigations if they can. I wonder where they stand it all this.

There's no way the audience can trust her, but everyone else seems to.

Jessper
Mon, 09-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I was disappointing in the second episode , I'll wait the series out because I enjoyed the first episode so much but the premise for the second was meh. The special effects used to make the whole situation (the first scene) look like Aliens was stupid given what it turned out to be and the nurse screaming bloody murder was clearly for the scare factor and turned out to be bunk.

Left a bad taste in my mouth overall but like I said I'll give the series a shot because of the first episode (and I like the characters so far) but if they have more plots like this I might give it up.

Munsu
Thu, 09-25-2008, 07:20 AM
I myself thought the second episode was much stronger than the first one, but whatever.

Just watched the third episode and I enjoyed it even more. There are more hints thrown in about the huge interest there's for Olivia's services for whatever reason. Looks like the reason why Peter had left the US has finally caught up to him, so hope they'll explore that storyline further soon... and I hope it's not only some crappy gambling debt. As always, Walter awesomeness embodied.

Assassin
Thu, 09-25-2008, 07:29 PM
i really liked this ep too...alot more over all plot progress, though as always it raises more questions. It's nice to see the agent scott angle hasn't been abandoned yet and he's still connected to whatever's happening. It seems like they're downloading information off his brain, and the need that small disc to decode and read it. Makes you wonder what that disc is though....somehow, i can't see that DEA agent cutting open her arm and putting it in there, so im thinking it naturally develops inside a persons body somehow.

Also, it seems pretty certain that the VP of GD is involved with the pattern...i wonder if she's trying to recruit olivia to work for them in that regard.

Munsu
Thu, 10-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Fringe gets a full season order:

Fans of Fringe can let out a collective sigh of relief: The suspense will continue and the mysteries just might get solved (maybe). Fox has ordered a full season of J.J. Abrams' freshman drama following a promising first few weeks, the network confirms to TVGuide.com.

Fringe's benefits to the net have been consistently good ratings since its 90-minute opener Sept. 9, with an average 10.7 million total viewers each week, landing it at the top of debut adult shows this fall.
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Fox-Orders-Fringe/700018287

I also just watched the latest episode, and I liked it quite a bit. That bold guy sure is interesting.

Assassin
Thu, 10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
You guys think that they'll work the alien angle? or perhaps some sort of genetically advanced humans?

Munsu
Thu, 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty sure there won't be any aliens here. Genetically advanced humans? Quite possible, we've seen them already. As the title of the show suggests, they'll be pushing the limits of science in the show, but I don't think they'll go with the aliens angle. In fact, I highly doubt it.

animus
Thu, 10-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Just started watching the first episode. Not bad.

First time I've seen anything with Joshua Jackson past 5 minutues since Dawson's Creek.

edit: The quote that woman at the Massive Whatever said sure did sound like religious propaganda. Made me think that it's an underlying tone that they're trying to show how science is bad.

edit2: Just watched Episode 4, and I guess they might really be going the alien route, sadly. The observer sure looks very alieny, and was writing in that odd language.

Death13a
Sat, 10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Well i am would prefer alternative reality, what better way to conduct global scale experiments then on a world identical to your own but not yours.

rockmanj
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I think they want us to think he's an alien...but something tells me its not that simple; at least I hope its not that simple. And I really don't like the way that Olivia chick is written. She's like...really odd (Jack Daniels and dry cereal? Really? Someone lives a sad life). Otherwise, I am starting to find this show increasingly intriguing.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:29 AM
*bump

Anyone see the new ep? Its actually getting interesting now. I'm liking this "head John Scott" thing...

Munsu
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Yep, I saw it...

I don't know about John's consiousness being inside Olivia. This might be a side-effect of keeping John's brain alive. And true, Olivia and him connected in the first episode, so John might be still contacting her some way.

I still wonder how the bold guy manages to be around always that something with the pattern occurs. I mean, he shouldn't have had a way of knowing that the electricity guy would lose his cool on that particular day, on that particular time in the elevator.

I really want to know more about Peter's past.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I actually think the same thing, but I didn't want to just throw shit out there. But, I think the good doctor is wrong on this one. And yea, I remember when he asked about Peter's condition...I really wanna know what that meant. And the psuedo-Magneto guy could be kinda cool. They should bring him back later all fully developed and shit.

Munsu
Wed, 10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I thought last night's episode was a good one. We learned a couple of things from Olivia's past, and they introduced another mysterious organization, and a mysterious character that will surely be around for some time haunting Olivia.

With that said, here is another viral site that may be of interest... we already know the Massive Dynamic's site:
http://1.61803398874989484820458683436563811.com/

By the way, have any of you been tracking the glyphs that appear in each episode during the commercials? Since I don't watch the show live, I can't tell what the importance of those glyphs are or in how they relate to the show.

animus
Wed, 10-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't really enjoy Olivia's acting. Weakest one of the cast easily.

Munsu
Wed, 01-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Been some time since there has been any discussion on this series. Right before the December break, Olivia was kidnapped. Show returned last night with what I consider one of the best episodes so far in the series. There was a ton of action, and Olivia was kicking ass left and right. It focused more in the FBI side of things instead of the usual scientific investigation with Walter and Peter, so it was a welcomed change.

rockmanj
Thu, 01-22-2009, 08:45 AM
This is really turning out to be an interesting show. Olivia's knife throw no jutsu was a bit unexpected, but I'm really beginning to sink my teeth into this show. It really does seem to have that JJ Abrams touch to it. There were a few curveballs too, such as that guy actually being arrested, and Olivia capping his wife in the head. I really hope there's like a 'big plan' for this show, (i.e. a definite ending). Really compelling stuff. And something tells me Olivia's sister is up to no good.

Munsu
Fri, 01-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Latest episode was a good one. I like the idea of their probably being some relationship conflicts with Peter, Olivia, and the sister.... looking forward to how that will play out. I hope the sister sticks around, it gives Olivia a different setting to develop her character.

So, it was the attack of the pop-up ads the last episode. I think the message is quite clear for all the dumb fucks that like to click on them. Walter, as awesome as always though he seems to not be getting as much screen time as I would like.

Penner
Sat, 01-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Seriously, people should know not to click on shit like that by now but meh :P

And if he made the program for the sole purpose of killing people why even give them an option to avoid it?
Sure it might have started the brainmelt sequence anyway if they just closed the window, but i guess we'll never know now.

And i got the impression that they didnt really get "hooked" instantly by that stuff just that they kept looking out of curiosity untill enough seconds passed and they could'nt look away even if they wanted to.

And i think if some ad popped up and i closed it and my comp suddenly started playing some shit like that i would seriously shut it off via the powerbutton, and fast :P

Munsu
Wed, 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Last night's episode was really good. Jones is back, we get some revealing facts about Olivia and Walter. Good stuff all around, and we got quite a bit of plot advancement.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Did anyone notice the bald watcher guy when the guy got the two dollar bill and then started freaking out?I thought it was a nice touch. Really would like to have seen what the side effect of being dissassembled and reassembled,turns you into superman or something? Overall a great episode. When the pacing is good this show is great, when it is slow it's not nearly as good but still interesting.

Munsu
Fri, 02-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Yep, I noticed the bald guy... and I'm pretty sure he has shown up in most, if not all the cases somehow. I seem to miss him frequently though.

Assassin
Sun, 02-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Ya, apparently "the observer" or whatever they call him, has appeared in every single episode. pretty fucked up.

they seem to be getting at some alternate reality/aliens type of thing, which is not bad if they pull it off right. the upcoming twist seems to be that Jones and his group are the 'good guys'. And i think walter will end up being thier original leader. It was a nice touch, revealing that he was the one who wrote the book.

Munsu
Mon, 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
I don't know about Walter being the original leader, but certainly some sort of inspiration for them. I mean, wouldn't they've tried to contact him if he was their leader? Also, it might not be Walter who wrote it, maybe someone who he shared the lab with.

For example, on which side is the dude from Massive Dynamics on? Wasn't he Walter's partner at some point? Couldn't he have written this? Just as this group has an interest in Olivia, Massive Dynamics has also shown interest in her and have been overall quite cooperative with her, at least Nina has been.

There are quite a few possibilities out there, but it would be quite cool if Walter was indeed the author and somehow involved with that group.

Penner
Thu, 02-19-2009, 06:10 PM
wait...that bald observer dude is in every single episode? seriously?

I must start to pay closer attention to the people in the backgrounds from now on :P

rockmanj
Fri, 02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
http://eastereggs.fringetelevision.com/search/label/Observer

All the screencaps of the observer.

I wonder if his role is anything like Uatu: http://www.marvel.com/universe/Uatu_The_Watcher

Munsu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:44 PM
No Fringe this week or the next one. In fact, it seems like we won't have a new episode till April 7. I blame American Idol.

Munsu
Sun, 04-19-2009, 04:05 AM
For those of you that haven't realized, Fringe has been back for two weeks now. Catch-up here:
http://www.hulu.com/fringe

Episode 15 was particularly interesting, since it give us a bit of insight into the bald dude that is always showing up.

Episode 16 made me think that it was an episode inspired by Cloverfield, with the monster and all.

Penner
Sun, 04-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Ayay, my first thought was a Chimera :P, but a snake-bat-lion-thing, nice^^

salmonman78
Sun, 04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
so happy its back, even if only a couple episodes til hiatus again....friggin Idol....

Penner
Wed, 04-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Great new ep, got some more insight into what Walter was doing back in the less-crazy days (theres no such thing as a non-crazy Walter, just levels of more and less ;P).

And he apparently experimented on Olivia..i if she finds out it could get some interesting reactions.

btw...
Fun Fact about Anna Torv (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Torv) (Olivia Dunham)

Apparently she is the face, voice and did motion capture for the main character Nariko in Heavenly Sword (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Sword).

This raises her awesome level to new heights!

Munsu
Wed, 04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, last episode was awesome. I wonder how far they'll go with Olivia's potential abilities. Great reveal towards the end, so Walter might've experimented on Olivia... but then again, they only made mention of Bill (William), so maybe Walter himself didn't participate on this one. Though Walter did say "when we experimented on children" in the hotel.

Penner
Wed, 04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Also, Walter was on the video(atleast his voice so he must have been there) that he was watching at the end, where Olivia was a kid and from the looks of things in the room she had something "unleash" or whatever, i got the impression she did something nasty that she couldnt really control ._.

Inazuma
Wed, 04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Please no bullshit power. Please, please, please, ...

rockmanj
Fri, 04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Well, she does have powers, as undeveloped as they are now, and I actually have no problem with that. This show is done very well, and I think they will take it in the right direction. I just wonder what Mr. Smith has been up to.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 05-02-2009, 10:19 AM
I think that one of my favorite characters is Agent Farnsworth. She is the only one with an common sense it seems like.

Munsu
Sat, 05-02-2009, 01:36 PM
So William Bell is revealed as the mastermind of this terrorist group, no surprise there. So, what does this mean for Nina Sharp? She part of the group too? One would think so, but that being the case I can see how she wouldn't be after the show tries to makes us think that she is to have some sort of twist.

Olivia's sister is getting divorced and the ex wants the kid. Wonder how that'll play out and if they'll some how tie the ex to the pattern somehow.

I really like how all these bad guy scientists idolize Walter.

Penner
Sat, 05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Who wouldnt, Walter is the man yo!

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Fringe gets Season 2 (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Renewed-Second-1005724.aspx)

Penner
Wed, 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Damn that was an excellent episode and Whoa alot of stuff happened!

Lucifus
Wed, 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Hot damn! That has to be my favorite episode of the series yet.

The ending was beyond shyt hit the fan; the part with The Observer and Walter, not the incredibly predictable outcome with Nina.

Munsu
Wed, 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Man, that was such an awesome episode. I think we'll have a ton of grey area good guys/bad guys. Who we think are the bad guys will somehow end up being somewhat good. I just hope that the threat of something terrible coming is not something that will loom throughout the whole series.

Season finale next week if not mistaken.

animus
Thu, 05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
How dare Olivia make that sweet old man cry!

Hard to tell which direction the show's going, but it sure looks to be very good.

animus
Wed, 05-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Last night's episode was great. A ton of stuff happened, and woah @ the end.

Penner
Wed, 05-13-2009, 12:44 PM
umg its Spock!

Munsu
Wed, 05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
So, Peter is dead and this one is from another reality. And Olivia is now with Bell in a reality that still has the Twin Towers.

Wonder where the second season will take place. Still don't know if this was the threat they were talking about, and if the threat has anything to do with people traveling through these dimensions.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I was thinking that he cloned Peter and altered him somehow, that would explain why he is so smart.

Munsu
Wed, 05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh, how about the newspaper... that's the most awesome thing. Len Bias is freaking alive, leading a sweep for the Celtics and winning the MVP. For those of you who don't know, Len Bias was supposed to be the Celtics' Michael Jordan.... their future, he died.

There's also a new White House for whatever reason. And President Kennedy is there also.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4198/uhiui.jpg

Penner
Wed, 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
OH MY GOD, Michelle has a new interior designer!!

In other news, if Peter is from the other dimension...does that mean Walter1 went and kidnapped him from Walter2 in the other dimension?

If so, thats messed up... and i wonder how Peter will react if/when he finds out...

Munsu
Thu, 05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Video with Jeff Pinkner, show runner, about the Alternate Realities:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRUfd0iEi0w

rockmanj
Sun, 05-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh, how about the newspaper... that's the most awesome thing. Len Bias is freaking alive, leading a sweep for the Celtics and winning the MVP. For those of you who don't know, Len Bias was supposed to be the Celtics' Michael Jordan.... their future, he died.

There's also a new White House for whatever reason. And President Kennedy is there also.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4198/uhiui.jpg

Even weirder, Len Bias would have been 46 at the time! I dismissed this before, but maybe if your conterpart in the other reality dies, the surviving one becomes...better some how (sorry to bring up 'the one'). I mean I know its a stretch, but lets look at our 2 limited examples: Peter, who has an abnormally high IQ, and a 46 year old NBA MVP, which is unheard of, especially for someone at the guard position. I am sure we will get more examples of this.

I'm also curious about when they will reveal the nature of Olivia's powers. So far we have seen telekinesis (the lights), empathic/telepathy abilities (linking up with that guy that was killing people) and the whole being able to link with the alternate universe without a machine (clairvoyance?), and possibly pyrokinesis (when she was a child in that room, I think it was burnt to a crisp; remember the video that Walter was watching?).

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 05-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Even weirder, Len Bias would have been 46 at the time! I dismissed this before, but maybe if your conterpart in the other reality dies, the surviving one becomes...better some how (sorry to bring up 'the one'). I mean I know its a stretch, but lets look at our 2 limited examples: Peter, who has an abnormally high IQ, and a 46 year old NBA MVP, which is unheard of, especially for someone at the guard position. I am sure we will get more examples of this.

I'm also curious about when they will reveal the nature of Olivia's powers. So far we have seen telekinesis (the lights), empathic/telepathy abilities (linking up with that guy that was killing people) and the whole being able to link with the alternate universe without a machine (clairvoyance?), and possibly pyrokinesis (when she was a child in that room, I think it was burnt to a crisp; remember the video that Walter was watching?).

I think that it is kind of a stretch for the whole "The One" idea. I would hope that in this show they could come up with something a little better than that. I would like to think that maybe Peter was taken from the other reality, but that still doesnt explain his intellegence. And I think that it was in the second ep or so when Olivia was talking to Walter about Peter and he led on that there was something different about him. Perhaps that could be the alternate reality or it could be something more. We will have to wait and find out I guess.

Kinda mad that there wasnt a full season on this.

Assassin
Mon, 05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
i dont think peter being so smart is a big conspiracy or anything.....maybe hes just smart. I mean, walter's his dad and he's making all sorts of crazy inventions, so why is it so hard to believe that peter would also be a genius?

Uberbaka
Mon, 05-18-2009, 10:47 PM
The way I saw it when it came to the "new" whitehouse was that the plane that was headed for Washington D.C. (Inside which the passengers assaulted the hijackers thus bringing it down) got to its destination, the white house, while the other two headed for the twin towers failed.

Hence the need for a new one and the still standing twin towers.

Just gotta wait and see I guess.

Munsu
Tue, 09-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Fringe returns this week, on its new night on Thursdays.

Here's a promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCia6MXq8YM

Thursday is going to be really hard on tv shows this season, they have a ton of competition with high rated shows. I hope Fringe survives.

Just look at the list of all the shows airing on Thursday:

Bones
Flashforward
Vampire Diaries
Survivor
Grey's Anatomy
Community
CSI
Supernatural
The Office
Private Practice
The Mentalist
Fringe

It's quite nuts if you ask me.

Looking forward to the next season... where do you guys think the story will take place?

Penner
Tue, 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
It's downright retarded for all the networks to put their shows on the same night, nobody wins by doing that, the viewers are too spread out over all the shows.

I would intentionally put my show on the day that has the most sucky ones so theres a higher percentage that people will watch it over the sucky ones.

(ofc this only works if your show isnt as sucky as the rest of them ;P)

Munsu
Tue, 09-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm more worried for Supernatural, though since is probably their last season anyways, it shouldn't matter much. But it there was some hope to continue it, a rating struggle because of this will surely dampen any ideas of continuation.

Penner
Sun, 09-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Just watched the first ep in s2, and were off to a good start here.

Sneaky shapeshifter -.-, poor Charlie :/

David75
Sun, 09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
They all fire their best shows at the same time and after they wonder why people choose P2P...

After all, you can at best, for a commoner, watch 1 show and record another...

So obviously, for people that would have had to possibility to choose one of the shows but couldn't because of the dumb decision to have so many at the same time, they'll choose other ways of getting their eps.

Back to Fringe:
My wife loves it, quite strange since it isn't her type of show.
I was interrested at first, but got distracted by some x-files recycling and some inconsistencies in eps or storyline and "whatif" science. They probably have scientific consultants, but at times I wonder.
So I enjoyed some eps, didn't watch them all though. But I'm not a TV guy anymore, so I wonder what kind of show will interrest me in the future.

Will follow season 2 ep 1 when it's out

Penner
Sun, 09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Will follow season 2 ep 1 when it's out

Season 2 ep 1 is out ^_^

David75
Sun, 09-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Season 2 ep 1 is out ^_^
Oh!
I wonder wether I dl it in english... or if I wait for a canadian french version so that I watch it with my wife (that knows only french)

My airheadness had me miss the fact season 2 already premiered :eek:

Munsu
Mon, 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM
First episode was kinda chaotic, I liked it. At least we have a new FBI hottie to look at. Poor Charlie though. So, any guesses if we are "over here" or "over there" as the writers of the show are calling it? My guess is that we're back in our timeline.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM
No one has posted on Fringe in this long? It is getting good again. Peter was totally stolen from the other dimension!

rockmanj
Mon, 11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
There has been a lot going on. Walter's guilt keeps rising and rising. And what the hell, Massive Dynamic? They are treating the world like their private laboratory. I wonder when Olivia will show her abilities, too. Maybe her ability is to like maybe negate others abilities? And I wonder if Peter was treated with Cortexaphen as well..

Penner
Mon, 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I already knew Peter was from another dimension, i think they covered that pretty far back in the series, when Walter talked about how the "original" Peter died and he could take it so he then went to the other dimension and took that Peter back with him.

Ofc Peter doesnt know that hes from an alternate reality :P

And yeah, Massive Dynamic is totally messed up.

poopdeville
Mon, 11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
There has been a lot going on. Walter's guilt keeps rising and rising. And what the hell, Massive Dynamic? They are treating the world like their private laboratory. I wonder when Olivia will show her abilities, too. Maybe her ability is to like maybe negate others abilities? And I wonder if Peter was treated with Cortexaphen as well..

Olivia has the Magnekyou Sharingan. She has shown us her space-time jutsu.

That punk kid last week showed us Tsukuyomi.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 12-12-2009, 08:31 PM
What ever happened to Olivia's powers? We haven't seen those in a while...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Just finished the Nazi ep. I love this show. Next weeks looks good, Olivia will have to step it up to stop the 2 realities from meshing!

Inazuma
Sat, 02-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Well it was good. Now that's what Fringe should be really about. Freaky enough to lose your girlfriend and geeky sci fi enough to make all geeks have a field day

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
It was a great ep. I think that it was no surprise that Olivia saw Peter for what he was. The "Spring" season looks good. Sucks that I have to wait until April 1st though.

Munsu
Sat, 03-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Renewed for a 3rd season. Nice from FOX to recognize the screwjob they did by airing on Thursdays.
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/06/exclusive-fringe-picked-up-for-a-third-season/

Penner
Sat, 03-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Great news

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Just watched the big flash back ep. I thought that it was well done as always. I forgot about the drowning part until it happened.

Penner
Mon, 04-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Loved the retro-styled intro ^^

Assassin
Fri, 04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I really liked this episode. It felt the most complete yet. They managed to incorporate both a sci-fi storyline as well as character development, and even added a happy ending. Very well done imo.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
I really liked this episode. It felt the most complete yet. They managed to incorporate both a sci-fi storyline as well as character development, and even added a happy ending. Very well done imo.

I agree. I like this show more and more. The science aspect with the character development is great.

itadakimasu
Sat, 04-17-2010, 07:39 PM
i just started last night w\ season 1 ep 1 after seeing this weeks ep (mostly) while I was at the gym.

I like it so far. Have watched the first 2 eps.

Penner
Sat, 04-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome aboard, and the show just gets better :D

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-19-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm a genius... I wasn't thinking about the way the files were named...

So I watched the first 3 episodes and then realized I had watched the first 3 according to alphabetical order of the episode title lol.

I'm now on episode 6 and then i've watched 3 further eps :)

I like Walter he's down in his lab milking his cow and making himself drugs lol.

Assassin
Fri, 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Ok, i got it....it was so obvious i cant believe i didn't see it sooner. The guy calling the shots on the other side is Walter himself...or Walternate as he's called.

Walter took peter, so walternate spent the rest of this life developing the technology to cross over and wage a war. Sorry for the spoilers.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Ok, i got it....it was so obvious i cant believe i didn't see it sooner. The guy calling the shots on the other side is Walter himself...or Walternate as he's called.

Walter took peter, so walternate spent the rest of this life developing the technology to cross over and wage a war. Sorry for the spoilers.

No spoilers. That was my thinking as well...

itadakimasu
Sun, 05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm nearly caught up now... I'm on season 2 ep 11.

And who appears? Agent Francis. The same one who died just 2-3 eps into the season.

how could they make a mistake like that?

Assassin
Sun, 05-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Ya, i dont get what they did there either....through out the ep i kept thinking maybe it was some sort of flashback, or a hallucination, but i guess they just fucked up.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
They actually mentioned that it was an un-aired from the first season that they wanted to put in there.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 05-05-2010, 04:28 AM
That also threw me off, thought i was watching the wrong episode for a second.

Here's the wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fringe_(season_2)) and indeed, episode 11 was an unaired from season 1.

itadakimasu
Thu, 05-06-2010, 11:49 PM
sooooooo good.

I got caught up and watched tonight's episode nearly live on tv.... and it was spectacular.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
sooooooo good.

I got caught up and watched tonight's episode nearly live on tv.... and it was spectacular.

Hell yeah it was. Next weeks is going to be bad ass!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 05-21-2010, 12:45 AM
"You belong with me" Loved it.

I was not surprised at the end at all, but hey, it is a good lead in for the next season.

Penner
Fri, 05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah, this show is fucking awesome, even though it was painfully obvious that it was alt-Olivia who went back with them.

I wonder what the observers think about alt-Olivia crossing over, or if their only concern is Peter's safety.

Also, Walternate is totally evil, but i have to admit, i'm not sure what kind of reaction i would have if my son was kidnapped by me from an alternate universe o.O

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, this show is fucking awesome, even though it was painfully obvious that it was alt-Olivia who went back with them.

I wonder what the observers think about alt-Olivia crossing over, or if their only concern is Peter's safety.

Also, Walternate is totally evil, but i have to admit, i'm not sure what kind of reaction i would have if my son was kidnapped by me from an alternate universe o.O

I think that it would be cool for Olivia to work on her powers while being trapped and then opening a portal on her own.

And when she gets back she can finally use that phrase William Bell told her to tell Peter a while back. Or did she do that already and I missed it?

Lucifus
Fri, 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, I believe she did. Peter said it was something his mother used to tell him before putting him to bed.

That sound about right?

itadakimasu
Fri, 05-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Idk... I was thinking that somehow they swapped them after they returned... Why would she have gone back over? I thought the idea was to get Peter to get in that machine?

I'm going to rewatch it now!

Assassin
Sat, 05-22-2010, 12:02 AM
She clearly writes "infiltration accomplishes" on the ghost typewriter.

I do like the "working on powers" idea, and it certainly seems more viable then a prison break from an alternate universe.

Munsu
Sat, 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, I finally watched the 2nd season over the past couple of days. Good stuff. I felt that the first season was stronger, but we had some really good episode here and the mythology was a bit stronger so I'm up for that.

As for the Observers, I do think they're concerned with Olivia... remember that at the end of the episode with the Observer who fell in love we get a shot of our usual Observer who's looking at Olivia and seemingly concerned for the bad things that are about to happen to her.

We'll see.

Interesting enough... this whole war I really can't say that anyone is actually evil... just a lot of misunderstandings.

I also feel that even though we're concentrating on this current war, I think that the "guardians'" purpose wasn't to fight this actual war, but another one.

I wonder what happened to Olivia's superhearing though... I thought they were going to make a bigger deal out of that, but they didn't do anything with it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 09-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Olivia just pulled a Linda Hamilton in T2 and broke out that bitch with style. I really was not expecting her to give into the other Olivia's memories. But it could be a great plot device.

I did find it odd that Peter didn't notice anything different about the "Other" Olivia. I mean he is very observant you would think that he would catch on.

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2010, 07:20 PM
We haven't seen enough of "Over Here" to see how Olivia is handling herself. Plus, with all the crap they went through in the last couple of episodes, any changes in behavior could easily been explained away.

Anyways, just finished watching the premiere and I thought it was pretty awesome. Good to see more The Wire alumns in the show.

mage
Fri, 09-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Good episode, but it seems like this season is going to end up being pretty predictable. Will be interesting if that cab driver plays any kind of role.

Hopefully we can get out of the "case of the week" episodes this season and keep the story advancing in each episode. Shouldn't be too hard since both Olivia's are in different universes now.

Also still need to see Olivia develop her super powers. That should be interesting.

"Bolivia" is the common name for the other Olivia, btw.

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2010, 11:39 PM
So, since it's predictable, what do you say will happen this season?

mage
Sat, 09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
lol, not gonna make any predictions after the first episode :)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Just saw last night's episode. I kind of predicted that Bell would give Walter that. Could make the show a lot more high tech, but at the same time I like the lab he works in now.

itadakimasu
Mon, 10-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure where it is going to go w\ the massive dynamic plot. I'm liking the third season though.

I <3 Fringe.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Still one of my favorite shows. I love the pacing of this season. You can tell that the writers are going towards something big, but they don't rush it and they don't make you wait through horrible filler episodes either. Great writing all around.

Munsu
Fri, 10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Still need to watch episodes 2 and 3, but I hope the showrunners have an end game in mind. I'm still very concerned about possible future seasons, all due to the screw job Fox did in scheduling the show on Thursdays where it's not getting good ratings.

Munsu
Sun, 10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Just watched 2 and 3 and I'm really enjoying the season so far. I wonder if they'll keep alternating episodes between Over Here and Over There. At the moment I'm more interested in Over There as it's a different world and quite interested in their technologies, etc.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Just watched 2 and 3 and I'm really enjoying the season so far. I wonder if they'll keep alternating episodes between Over Here and Over There. At the moment I'm more interested in Over There as it's a different world and quite interested in their technologies, etc.

I was concerned with alternating between the two, but I really like it. It is a great way to fill time and keep the story moving.

mage
Thu, 10-21-2010, 06:14 PM
No Fringe for the next 2-3 weeks because of baseball. :(

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 11-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Fringe is back and with the Ashmore Twins. Good episode in my opinion. I like the way they are showing the alternate worlds in different episodes. It makes the dynamic with the characters in the alternate world that much more interesting.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 11-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Looks like Olivia goes back next week. Which is going to be awesome!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 11-19-2010, 02:02 AM
Sooo close! She was at the other side too. I was wondering how she would be able to stay there. Every time she went to the other side it seemed like she could only stay for a short amount of time.

The Broyles story line was good. I liked how he let her go and that Peter knows the truth. Still one of my favorite shows on TV.

Illrenmazou
Fri, 11-19-2010, 09:19 AM
That was pretty intense! I was abandoning all hope for Olivia until that woman from gift shop called. Too bad we have to wait for two weeks to see what will happen next. :(

Munsu
Sat, 01-22-2011, 12:39 PM
If you guys didn't know, Fringe started yesterday again... FOX moved the show to Fridays, in a move many expected will be the beginning of the end for the show. Ratings just came out, and the show actually increased it's ratings from their usual Thursday slot. So for the moment, good news for Fringe and hopefully if they keep this up FOX will keep the show around.

Penner
Sat, 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Aye, watched the new ep earlier today, it was great as always.

Didn't know the Observers could kick ass like that tho, was pretty sweet :P

rockmanj
Sat, 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
If you guys didn't know, Fringe started yesterday again... FOX moved the show to Fridays, in a move many expected will be the beginning of the end for the show. Ratings just came out, and the show actually increased it's ratings from their usual Thursday slot. So for the moment, good news for Fringe and hopefully if they keep this up FOX will keep the show around.

I was doing some reading about this, and it may not be a death knell for the show. Maybe Fox hopes that their base is strong enough to sustain the show. I think its one of those shows with a committed base that would likely tune in on Fridays. It was a good episode as well.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 01-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Apparently DVR numbers helped adult demos going from a 1.9 to a 2.7. These numbers are usually used more so than total viewers. With that said, I hope Fringe continues to do well on Fridays.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/fringe-friday-ratings-dvr/

Illrenmazou
Mon, 02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
That twist from the latest episode sounds very soap opera-ish.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-15-2011, 09:47 AM
That's true. I was confused how to feel about it at first, but in the end I think this kind of drama does not suit this show. It is only going to lead to more melodrama.

And what is with the choose the girl and save a world thing?

rockmanj
Tue, 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM
I am more shocked that Peter was going outside without a raincoat on (if you know what I mean). He seems like he would be more cautious than that.

Sapphire
Sat, 02-19-2011, 10:11 PM
LOL pregnant! LOL Bolivia is a retard. Or maybe there's no such thing as protection in the other universe?

Anyone realize how dazzlingly incompetent the main universe is compared to the alternate one? Everyone has super advanced technology, the nerdy white coat science guy is a ruthless badass, the FBI assistant chick is a statistical super-goddess, Bolivia is capable of smiling, and Walternate is the friggin' Secretary of State.

Assassin
Mon, 02-21-2011, 03:37 AM
its about time we started getting vortex's in the main universe. I wonder if they'll eventually end up using amber?

Penner
Sat, 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Latest ep was excellent, i love all the crazy and weird cases/ideas the writers of this show come up with!

And a big w00t at the ending!

Munsu
Thu, 03-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow, Fringe just completely lucked out with a miracle pick-up. Even with getting season low ratings recently, quite low, Fox has decided to not only renew Fringe for a 4th season, but they gave the show a full 22-episode season pick-up. Awesome.

Penner
Fri, 03-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Woot, that is indeed awesome news!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Accelerated Birth huh? I will take it.

Penner
Sat, 03-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Man that Walternate is always up to something, his sneaky-ness knows no bounds! :P

Edit: Except for the Observers, they're the sneakiest of them all ^^

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 03-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Man that Walternate is always up to something, his sneaky-ness knows no bounds! :P

Edit: Except for the Observers, they're the sneakiest of them all ^^

It actually really surprises me that he will not test on children though, I am wondering if he will test on his on grandson though.

Sapphire
Sat, 03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
It's great how she so willingly took the pill, but it was all an act.

Penner
Sat, 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Well that was one heck of a season finale! Next season is going to be quite different i imagine lol

Sapphire
Sat, 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Screw this show, I'm dropping it. I'm tired of Fringe's cliffhanger tactics. They make the middle of every episode boring as hell, and wait until the end of the episode for something interesting to happen. This time they did it with the entire season and waited for the last 4 minutes of the last episode of the show for something interesting to happen. DROPPED.

rockmanj
Mon, 05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Well that was one heck of a season finale! Next season is going to be quite different i imagine lol

I actually liked it, although that is a big piece of fuckery. I bet the next season they will be searching for Peter. That would be extremely ballsy if he was just removed from the show (there are still quite a few Peter Bishop stores to tell). I am guessing little Henry is gone as well?

Penner
Mon, 05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah i liked it aswell, but i've always liked the show so :P

I don't know if this counts as an indirect spoiler lol, but Joshua Jackson is still signed on contract for season 4 so i doubt he's completely gone ^^

rockmanj
Mon, 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I can definitely see some tinges of Lost-like story telling. Future Olivia was a welcome change as well. Not only did she dress in more neutral colors, but she also had control of her TK. I wonder what season 4's focus will be.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
I thought that the other Broyles was dead...

Assassin
Thu, 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I thought that the other Broyles was dead...

i know rite? im confused

rockmanj
Thu, 10-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I guess Peter not being around changed a lot of things.

Penner
Fri, 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah.. i've been reading up on interviews and whatnot on various "entertainment sites" and apparently Peter not existing changed tons of stuff, and a bunch of people who was dead now isn't dead anymore >_>

Aside from Broyles i don't know the identities the other ones though.

Assassin
Fri, 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM
im assuming charlie will be back in the original universe then? i dont know who else died

Penner
Sat, 10-08-2011, 03:17 PM
I get the feeling Peter is coming back really soon... not sure how that will affect the people that came back to life when he died got erased from existence.

Also... where the hell is Walternate??

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 11-13-2011, 08:08 PM
This show is amazing. Every time I watch it I think that this is probably my favorite show on TV. It is just so smart and yet humorous.

Sapphire
Sun, 11-13-2011, 08:30 PM
I dropped this show for like a month, then picked it up on a whim and suddenly its good again! I lost hope.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, welcome back! I think that the best thing about this show is that it doesn't seem to follow any set of rules about characters and their relationships. Every thing can change on a whim.

My question is: Why hasn't Peter mentioned being in the future? Or was that erased too?

rockmanj
Sun, 11-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, Peter is a smart guy; I think he realizes that these are not the same people he knew. There is even the theory that this is a totally different "yellow/amber" universe than the red/blue ones we are used to. It probably would not make sense to them, Too bad we only have next week's episode, and then a hiatus until Jan. 13 :(

Janice
Mon, 11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I was thinking Peter might try to work with Walternate in order to get back to his universe since Walter won't help, but we haven't even seen anyone from the other universe in quite a while. Hope they come back.

oyabun
Mon, 11-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Yea I wanna see Walternate and Olivia B. Does Peter even know that the connection between world is still active?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 11-15-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't think that it is another universe. The only reason they believe this is because they don't know that the Observer "erased" Peter from the Universe.

oyabun
Thu, 11-24-2011, 10:40 PM
And what about Peter's child with Olivia B, did it get erased too?

Munsu
Sat, 02-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Alright, just caught up from season 3... Don't know what to think at the moment, still processing everything I guess. But I have to say next episode looks quite awesome.

rockmanj
Sat, 02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Yea, it has been pretty weird. I wonder if that was really Blue Olivia or Amerlivia was just transferring her thoughts or maybe the Amberverse really is the Blueverse. It boggles the mind.

oyabun
Sun, 02-19-2012, 07:07 AM
I still want to know what happened to that guy in Olivia's mind who escaped his imprisonment.

Munsu
Sun, 02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
I still want to know what happened to that guy in Olivia's mind who escaped his imprisonment.

The guy who's supposed to kill her?

Penner
Sat, 02-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Ooh, finally a little glimpse into the Observer stuff :P

rockmanj
Sat, 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I still don't know about the super spicy food thing. Maybe that is what people like in the future.

Assassin
Mon, 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
maybe it keeps thier cell structure from disintegrating when they 'time-walk' from one place to another.

Or maybe, in the future indians became the dominant nation on the planet and everyone now eats super spicy food. Russel peters predicted it.

oyabun
Tue, 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM
The scene with the Big Bang is just.. awesome.. Imagine watching how the Universe was created.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Or maybe, in the future indians became the dominant nation on the planet and everyone now eats super spicy food. Russel peters predicted it.

lol...I don't know about that. Indian (and Pakistani) people tend to be on the hirsute side. As far as I can tell, these guys have no hair at all. I would assume everyone would be beige at least.

Assassin
Sat, 03-24-2012, 03:51 PM
And the power of love brought them back together. And they lived happily ever after.

God, what a lame episode. Fringe has really sucked hard this season.

rockmanj
Sat, 03-24-2012, 05:28 PM
I liked it until that "I believe you call it...love" line.

Janice
Sat, 03-24-2012, 05:47 PM
It's kind of annoying that the show dropped this "revelation" that the current universe is the same as the original like it hadn't been obvious from the very beginning of the season. Did most people really not get this until now? I still thought it was a good episode despite being predictable as hell. I guess the writer really loved Perfume - The Story of a Murderer.

oyabun
Tue, 03-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Yea that "love" line killed it for me too. I was holding my breath and thinking "Please don't say it Observer".

Penner
Sun, 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Nice, a good old creature/monster episode :)

oyabun
Sun, 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM
How the hell can they keep those monsters/hybrid in cages? They still have minds right??They are also quite strong. If you were a hybrid, would let yourself be caged?

Penner
Mon, 04-02-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm wondering how they decided that giant flying porcupine-men was a solid choice as a step up in evolution.. from the looks of things in that cargo hold, they also have giant spider-things and snake-things. Probably a whole heap of other weirdass "hybrids" aswell.

Maybe for whatever reason they can only merge together certain types of animals without it completely fucking stuff up?

oyabun
Mon, 04-02-2012, 08:16 AM
May there are different type of cult for different species? I wanna see a Tiger hybrid or a cheetah. Definitely don't wanna see a crocodile hybrid >_>

oyabun
Sat, 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM
What the hell... Definitely not expecting this week's epsiode. I thought I missed an episode or something. Will they continue on this plot or is it another what if future episode like what we have seen last season? Where's the conclusion for Dr. Jones? I like the plot but I'm a little confused. 0_o

Munsu
Sat, 06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
What the hell... Definitely not expecting this week's epsiode. I thought I missed an episode or something. Will they continue on this plot or is it another what if future episode like what we have seen last season? Where's the conclusion for Dr. Jones? I like the plot but I'm a little confused. 0_o

I imagine you're talking about episode 19, which I just finished. Three more to go to finish up the season. Also, last I heard, against all odds, it got renewed for one final season. It'll be for 13 episodes.

Munsu
Mon, 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Trailer for season 5, the last Fringe season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTiAL19rej4

oyabun
Sun, 10-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Latest Episode 4: WTF. After finally having some character development... But this is fringe so anything is possible :D

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 10-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Latest Episode 4: WTF. After finally having some character development... But this is fringe so anything is possible :D

Agreed! I was very surprised that they allowed that to happen. Although, I am thinking/hoping that they will get her back some how before it is all said and done.

oyabun
Mon, 10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Ofcourse they would get her back! It's Fracking FRINGE! Although I am thinking it would be bringing her back to life or maybe time reverse before the Observers came, this time they would know how to counter the Observers early.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Peter + Powers = BADASSERY!

oyabun
Mon, 11-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Peter + Powers = BADASSERY!

Peter + Powers + Revenge = MORE BADASSERY!