PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 05-27-2008, 07:13 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

Seen this movie and although a bit over the top and cliché, a fun movie to watch. What y'allz?

Bleach4Me
Tue, 05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I saw it and thought it was ok.

They captured the spirit of the Indy movies but like you say some of it was over the top.

To me Indy + Aliens = WTF?

Jessper
Tue, 05-27-2008, 01:48 PM
It was a good enough Indy film, there were some of the normal moments that clearly are not based in the physical realm but what ever.

I saw it and thought it was ok.

They captured the spirit of the Indy movies but like you say some of it was over the top.

To me Indy + Aliens = WTF?

Aliens are topical for that era and as believable as a cup that makes you live forever if you drink from it. =)

Carnage
Tue, 05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
He got into a refrigerator and and survived a nuclear bomb blasting him hundreds of feet.....

no.

darkmetal505
Tue, 05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
The kid: I thought you were a teacher?!
Indiana: Only part-time.

*movie pauses for audience to laugh*

*Silence*

tigerleon
Thu, 05-29-2008, 03:06 AM
He got into a refrigerator and and survived a nuclear bomb blasting him hundreds of feet.....

HAHAHAHA i soo totalli fell for that. cause i havent watched it yet... (planning to )

but i herd the ending was wayyy of the top...

Raven
Thu, 05-29-2008, 03:42 AM
To me, this movie had kind of the same effect as the new Star Wars movies, essentially enjoyable but it tries hard to capture the essence and excitement of the old movies but falls short of the mark, mainly due to feeling too artificial and Hollywood-ish. Too much CG. Back in the day of the old movies all the sets would have been built for real, and those fire ants wouldn't have been animated (perfect example: the bugs in Temple of Doom).

Swinging through the vines with the monkeys and the recurring shots of the gophers = lame, and reeking of Mr Beardy. Damned Lucas, why must he always leave a bad smell around otherwise half-decent movies?

Foomanchew24
Fri, 05-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I was ok with most of the overly cheesy moments of the film and found myself smiling the entire way through the movie. All except for the vine swinging, it was totally redickolus. If the ants didn’t make you crawl in your seat than your a stronger man than me. There needed to be more booby traps too. Overall it was good but not great.

saman
Fri, 05-30-2008, 11:01 PM
i think, once you stop taking this movie seriously and see it more as a sci-fi movie instead of an action adventure, you'll find yourself enjoying it much more. at least, i did. the adventure and fight scenes were a little over the top, but still, it was an enjoyable movie that kept your attention

honestly, i don't really see why everyone's so weirded out by the aliens. i've only seen the first indiana jones movie along with this one, and heck, there were floaty ghosts in it that came out of a gold box and burned you to cinders when they flew into you. how is that any less strange? my friend said it right, this generation of movies is too acclimated to action adventures. if this movie came out 10 years ago, it would've been a hit. though that's really not an excuse. the producers should've taken changing audience preferences into account.

Kraco
Mon, 06-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I thought it was a decent enough movie. I agree with Raven on the SW reference, partially, though. This wasn't relatively speaking as bad as the new SW movies compared to the old ones but something was still missing. Maybe it's just the fact the old Indy movies are good memories originally from years ago and reheated stuff rarely is as good as fresh. But all in all I don't regret at all buying the movie ticket and I could recommend this to anybody.

Munsu
Mon, 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
This was more of a reintroduction to Indiana Jones more than anything... I expect the the sequels to this one to be even better. I have to say, that the Nuclear Bomb scene alone was worth the movie.

Kraco
Tue, 06-03-2008, 07:01 AM
I have to say, that the Nuclear Bomb scene alone was worth the movie.

It indeed looked excellent on the big screen. Really shows why some stuff is worth it to watch in a movie theater. I doubt it would have looked anything extraordinary on tv.

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Compared to alot of stuff coming out the movie seemed very dated. I went to the movie expecting to be entertained... i was a little unsure about the aliens plot but it turned out ok.

Assertn
Tue, 06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
The gopher scene in the beginning made me think I was watching a preview to a different movie. Why did they insist on using blatantly-CGI gophers?

Raven
Thu, 06-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Why did they insist on using blatantly-CGI gophers?
That's the stench of George Lucas right there. He seems to think it adds to the overall impact and that you have to have a mandatory level of CGI in every movie these days.