View Full Version : Movie: Hancock

Sapphire
Sun, 05-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes. Just yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJ-qNA5wpg

props to arcness/assassin

Munsu
Mon, 05-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Twist gave me a trailer for this about 6 months ago or more.... been waiting patiently for it, it's going to be a great movie.

Psyke
Mon, 05-26-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm not too hyped up for this movie, considering there are many other big titles coming up soon. You can check out a higher quality version of the trailer here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/hancock/trailer/).

Sapphire
Mon, 05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah, because of all the other titles I didn't even hear about this one until yesterday I guess, but I am still totally excited to see this.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I've been anxiously awaiting this one, the concept just screams laugh your ass off. It's not everyday you see a drunken bum superhero with no manners, no grace, and a painfully simplistic approach to solving problems.

Thanks for the trailer link Psyke, it's even better then the teaser.

Assassin
Fri, 07-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Just came back from seeing it. I have to say, it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie. It delivered what it promised, and then some. I dont want to ruin it for anyone, so i wont talk about the plot much, but the acting was great all around, and the dialogue and delivery were beautiful.

one of the many great funny moments:

Random pissed of woman: i can smell the liquor on your breath!
Hancock: Cuz i've been drinking bitch!

itadakimasu
Mon, 07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
i saw it on friday and it was ok, i dont really know what i was expecting from it. It have some parts that were pretty funny- and I will give it a thumbs up for originality.

Maybe if I didn't see Wanted last week and tropic thunder the week before I would not have felt let down by this movie.

Assertn
Mon, 07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
i think i have to agree with rottentomatoes.com and say that the movie started out great, but they really dropped the ball after the second half.

It was almost like two different stories...

XanBcoo
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:32 PM
i think i have to agree with rottentomatoes.com and say that the movie started out great, but they really dropped the ball after the second half.

It was almost like two different stories...
I haven't seen Hancock yet, but this description sounds awfully like I Am Legend.

What is it with Will Smith movies lately?

TwisT
Mon, 07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
What you talking about? I Am Legend was great from start to finish.

Anyways this is one of the movies this year that i have waited for the most. Will Smith guarantees good acting and the story sounds like a winner. And the trailer really got my hopes up.

Of all the movies this year this one, Mongol, The Dark Knight, Hulk and Iron Man i probably the once that can't be missed.

rockmanj
Mon, 07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
What? No way..after that chick and kid showed up, I Am Legend went downhill really fast. It was almost like the writers had to cater to the formula instead of make the movie they might have wanted to make. And I did enjoy Hancock, but like "Steev" and some other reviewers said, the tone changed, and the movie got a little less entertaining; dumbed down, if you will. But I still thought it was an enjoyable film.

Sapphire
Mon, 07-07-2008, 10:50 PM
spoilz: I spaced out towards the end, didn't understand the ending, and had to look the twist up on imdb because it made no sense. It still doesn't really make any sense. Oh well. I'd watch the sequel though.

Assassin
Tue, 07-08-2008, 03:45 AM
you had to look up the twist? what twist?

rockmanj
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Hancock married him a white woman!

Assassin
Tue, 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
uhh? was there some after credits thing i dont know about?

itadakimasu
Tue, 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Damnit!

we were leaving and then they cut to this one scene.. sorry no spoilers. But then we left :(

so if there was more then just that 1 credit scene i missed it. BOO.

Assassin
Tue, 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
well there was that scene with the kid hostange at the end, and the guy calling him an asshole....but that was it, wasn't it?

rockmanj
Tue, 07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Wait...u didnt know that Hancock was married to a white woman?

Intangir
Tue, 07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Hancock was a good movie. Although, if you're going to the cinema thinking you're gonna watch something spectacular, forget about it. It's only good for laughing for a while and chillin' out.

And the whale scne, oh yeah!!! That's the best part ever hehehe.

Sapphire
Wed, 07-09-2008, 03:09 AM
lol Assassin, did you pay less attention to the movie than me? There was like a whole backstory there..

Assassin
Wed, 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
well, im thoroughly confused now.....lets start from the beginning. what twist were you referring to?

Was it the part when he kisses the guys wife and she throws him thru the wall, and the audience is like "WTF?"

darkshadow
Wed, 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM
she is talking about how hancock and blond women ( i honesly dont know her name), were married for like 3000 years.

Sapphire
Wed, 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Not only that, but a whole bunch of stuff about them having to be apart to be powerful but being drawn to each other or some crap. And then some random insertions of amputated men and messed up hospitals and resurrections and etc.

Vegechan
Wed, 07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I personally thought it was cool how Hollywood made a relatively unique new superhero. Seriously, when's the last time that happened?

ForteCross
Mon, 07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
this still could have been a 4 episodes serie... so it wasnt that good for a movie, still interesting to see it

Assassin
Mon, 07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
you mean like 4 full movies? or a TV miniseries?