PDA

View Full Version : Game: Ninja Gaiden 2

kenren
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:59 AM
After watching a couple of gameplays, I got hooked immediately to this game. Ninja Gaiden II is a sequel to the first. The sad thing is, it's exclusive on Xbox 360. Devil May Cry fans will definitely love this.

Taken from GameFAQs:
In "Ninja Gaiden II," gamers must guide Ryu Hayabusa on a mission to avenge his clan and prevent the destruction of the human race. Armed with an assortment of ninja weaponry, players must help Ryu skillfully maneuver through a world fraught with peril. "Ninja Gaiden II" will feature an all-new gameplay engine, a new auto-health regeneration system, levels, adventures, enemies and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry, representing a true evolution of the highly popular franchise.

Let the videos do the explaining shall we?
1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0s-H4EjXMtY&feature=related)
2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LtC6V2LBIKw&feature=related)

I would love to get a Xbox 360 for this but unfortunately, I chose PS3 between both few months ago. :(

animus
Fri, 05-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I wish I had a PS3 for when June 12th hits.

But looking forward to this game.

Genma
Fri, 05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
In terms of exclusives coming out soon I'm sure you'll be happier when MGS4 comes out, because this game is probably going to be mediocre. They're hyping up the game as a 360 exclusive waaaay too much, so people are bound to be disappointed when they realize that this is just like DMC4... nothing spectacular. MGS4, on the other hand, actually makes me want to buy a PS3.

I played Ninja Gaiden for the XBOX and it was all right, I guess. Still... there's a very low chance of me actually buying this game, and I'll probably just wait until Fallout 3 and Gears 2 to make another purchase.

animus
Fri, 05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
360 titles I'm looking forward to are the two you mentioned, Fable 2, Too Human, Banjo Kazooie and yeah I think that's it. Ninja Gaiden 2 I'll play but yeah it's just a mindless hack-and-slash for mindless hours like the first.

Chiodos
Wed, 05-28-2008, 04:18 AM
What I do fear the most in this new Ninja Gaiden II is......IF they have lowered the difficulties. I mean, that was the golden polish that made the game so pure!

What I still get from the in game vid is that they still havent fixed the a little annoying camera angles...
And for the last, the weapons, oh the weapons... in the first game they, to be blunt, were all pretty much useless and unneccesery. Ecxept for the main weapon, the Dragon Sword, ofcourszy!
I think they should made the weapons more balanced so you actually HAVE to switch weapons on some enemies, bosses, what not!

darkshadow
Wed, 05-28-2008, 07:35 AM
useless? kitetsu was so horribly broken in black and unlabored flawlessness was just plain godlike, both of those weapons where tons better then true dragon sword.
Lunar staff had its good reach and great crowd clearing attacks, the flail was IRREPLACABLE against those dreaded ghost fish.
DABILAHRO was great for dishing out massive damage to big enemies fast ( enemies you can't izuna drop).
and the warhammer had the most broken counter/forward+Y in the game, it one hit killed almost anything cause it decapitated.

But i guess unless you played the hurricane pack #2, you wouldn't really need to switch from the true dragon sword, except for with those ghost fish, cause its sufficient for almost any encounter, but if you do know the strengths of the other weapons, you can overcome many encounters so much better.
But really in overall performance, Kitetsu just plain owned over the TDS, and don't use that, TDS has izuna drop, cause kitetsu,UF and lunar staff all have the izuna drop too.

Chiodos
Wed, 05-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Damn, I didn't have the Hurricane thingy in mind, as I havent .....downloaded it (gasp!) I'm not really up for the game...for now but I am way more interested in Ninja Gaiden DS.

And one note....Kitetsu??? What?? Why can't I remember that weapon? HELP XD?

Edit: Thank you for reminding me what Kitetsu w00z! <3

darkshadow
Wed, 05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Kitetsu:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6163/kitetsu1ol4.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9207/kitetsu2rv8.jpg

excuse the shitty pics, yes its the sword that splits into 2 blades, you get it after beating doku in ch11, i think you can pick it up at the start of ch12.
even though the TDS did a lot more damage, lvl3 kitetsu had so much else going for it that it was overall better, to me at least.

Chiodos
Thu, 05-29-2008, 07:21 AM
And while on the subjects of weapons I don't remember? Spear Gun? Unlabored Flawlessness? Wtf?

Is all that crap in the Hurricane whatever? I mean, from what I get from this those who missed this stuff missed like...alot...

kenren
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I never got to play any previous Ninja Gaiden games although I made a thread about Ninja Gaiden 2. Still, is it worth to buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 now? :) Thanks.

Chiodos
Mon, 06-02-2008, 05:13 AM
I never got to play any previous Ninja Gaiden games although I made a thread about Ninja Gaiden 2. Still, is it worth to buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 now? :) Thanks.

No, it is not. I dare you.....