PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 401

Yukimura
Thu, 05-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Naruto c401 - Binktopia (http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Naruto_401/1594/)

A few interesting points in this one, but ultimately kindof meh.

Idealistic
Thu, 05-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Hmmm.... But still, what if Sasuke had killed Naruto back then?

EDIT: So is Madara a good guy or no?

poopdeville
Thu, 05-22-2008, 11:45 PM
This is a pivotal moment. What will Sasuke do? Try to kill Madara? Fight Danzo and Roots? Madara has made it very clear to Sasuke that Konoha is not the enemy -- Roots is. Madara even mentioned Danzo by name.

docdan63
Fri, 05-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Well as shown by the end page of this chapter. The boys got some thinking to do.

Note: All just theories people

1 Destroy Danzou and Roots by letting Tsunade handle it
2 Explain what Madara told him to everyone in Konoha (particularly, Kakashi)
3 Help get a task force together to destroy Danzou and Roots
4 Take care of it himself by sneaking up on Danzou and letting it all out about his brother and then killing him

My bet is either on number 3 or 4. However, knowing what Kishi's style is of writing Sasuke's dealing with situations by himself. I'd have to go with 4. I don't know though. This could be a huge writing change for Kishi to experiment with and trick us all in changing how Sasuke is.

toonice714
Fri, 05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Well now that all that has been cleared up i wonder if sasuke will join akatsuki.
btw...
i told you they said the cursed seal is gone. geez they really gotta spell everything out for you guys.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:00 AM
that's it? Itachi was sick.
normal sickness, no mysterious condition caused by the over usage of the sharingan?
I wish we would have gotten the chance to see someone winning over Itachi, but there's no hope...

I'm also worried about the lack of villians, with Orochimaru and Itachi dead (or so it seens, unless Kabutoro can level-up himself enough), there's not a single 'badguy' to win over,
Madare, we all know, is weak, and even without his weakness, he doesn't count on the 'bad guy' radar, because of his previous acts as tobi.

and there's Payne, that nobody knows about yet, and despite winning over Jiraya, shouldn't be much of a problem to a 'destructive' type fighter, such as Naruto.

Eurasian
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't label Tobi as weak...we have yet to see the extent of what Tobi can do. I think he's just kind of fooling around.

But reading these last few chapters just made me love Itachi more =)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:43 AM
let me explain.
Madare, for now, isn't at the peak of his powers, he was inferior to Itachi, and unless something 'big' happens, he won't be getting no level-ups.
the extent of his abilities, so far, managed to keep him alive from itachi's-through-sasuke amaretsu. how long will he be able to keep riding this skill? two, three fights? the entire brain team (Shino, Kakashi, Shikamru) have seen it in action, Kakashi already knows time\space jutsus.. so how hard will it be to overcome it?

his MSharingan has already been negated by Sasuke, anyways. Madare is a dead man walking (metaphorically, no connection to crazy obito theories).

johntmh
Fri, 05-23-2008, 05:15 AM
Before I begin, I would like to praise myself :) for my earlier prediction and opinion that Itachi was faking about taking Sasuke's eyes just to make Sasuke out of chakra so that this can dragged Orochimaru out, the reason why he joined Akatsuki in order watch Akatsuki's movements and activities just to protect Konoha or specifically Sasuke and that Itachi has health problem. All were for his beloved brother Sasuke. Thanks for my prediction.

However, there's still something I doubt in this chapter as to how far be the truth that Itachi said that Madara is the one responsible for the kyuubi attack. I seriously think that Sasuke might join Madara in his venture which I personally think (I don't have any backup evidence for this, just another my prediction) it's not about revenge but maybe something more that that e.g. world domination, take over Konoha and claimed himself as true leader or Hokage.

So what do you think? Will Sasuke join Madara after all the truth revealed about Itachi? I personally think this is highly to happen. If not, then there's no point about Madara getting his hand on Sasuke.

Due to the statement above, I also feel that Madara is the one telling the truth because Itachi knew from the beginning if Sasuke fall into the hand of Madara, then this will cause Sasuke to be on the evil side, helping Madara in his venture which Itachi knew about Madara's real intention of founding Akatsuki. That's why Itachi met Naruto earlier to tell Naruto the truth about him but Naruto couldn't believe it. If Naruto get to get Sasuke earlier than Madara, then Sasuke will be hero of Konoha for killing his brother.

Unfortunately, since Madara is the one who get to Sasuke, then Itachi's plan for making Sasuke a hero might fail due to several possibilities.

Xscatic
Fri, 05-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Ok chapter and all, but I think that Madara is only telling a skewed truth that is in his favor. I just can't trust him or his account of events, until I read/ hear either Danzo's and the village elders version.

Did Madara use his regular sharingan on Sasuke in the 1st/ 2nd panel of pg. 13 (right before the flashback)? It just that Sasuke seems to accept what Madara says right after that, without any sort of physical proof to back it all up.

btw, i wouldn't say there is a shortage of villains. eveyone who is left do have the potential to increase their numbers. Payne did take over Rain/ Mist village so there is a possibility that Kohana will have to fight the whole village. Next up is Kabutoro and if he is trying to be Orochimaru 2.0 then he will pull his no.1 tactic: deceive others to do his bidding to accomplish his goals.

And then what about those who are unaccounted for, like the rest of Akatsuki and Team Hebi. If everyone join up to achieve their own individual goals, then what do Zetsu and Kisame want? As for Hebi, it seems that Karin and Sugistut? may have other objectives as well. Oh, and so far it seems that Danzo and his Roots forces may be enemies in the future. It's just too many loose ends right now.

yvliew
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:51 PM
i like where the story is going.

Assertn
Fri, 05-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Before I begin, I would like to praise myself :) for my earlier prediction and opinion that Itachi was faking about taking Sasuke's eyes just to make Sasuke out of chakra so that this can dragged Orochimaru out, the reason why he joined Akatsuki in order watch Akatsuki's movements and activities just to protect Konoha or specifically Sasuke and that Itachi has health problem. All were for his beloved brother Sasuke. Thanks for my prediction.
I would like to thank you for your prediction, which has never been posted prior to the conclusion of the fight.

johntmh
Fri, 05-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Sasuke definitely will fight Naruto sometime in the future. But right now, Madara is doing his manipulation on Sasuke in order to use him to his advantage. Akatsuki organisation is never being for good. Madara surely has something on his nerve and probably he is waiting for this moment as well. He is waiting for Itachi to die. from what I can see, Paine is probably still stronger than Madara at the moment but he is taking order from Madara not because Madara is stronger but because madara shares the same pain as Paine felt and Madara is the founder of the organisation which allow Paine to carry on his ambition. Instead, Madara is using Paine as well in this case. The final enemy will be madara, not Paine. Paine might not be as evil as we thought of since during the battle between Paine and Jiraiya, we didn’t witness any evidence and reason why Paine becomes bad guy. This is probably due to Madara's manipulation as well.

Btw, what is the code that jiraiya pass to the frog about Paine? I really can’t think of any clue about this. I know a lot of people saying it's probably about Paine having 6 bodies but I dun think so. It shouldn't be something that's so easily discovered by us (fan). It's still not the time for us to discuss about this matter yet.

Therefore, the main theme of this season will be about Sasuke. How will he reacts? What is the true intention of Madara?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:40 PM
what I meant by lack of villians:

there are bad guys, and even plentty of them, but not a single one fitts to be the main 'villian' of the series.

Itachi and Oro were good.
Oro was plain evil, sick, twisted, tried to destroy the villiage and kiled Naruto's fatherfigure - Perfect.
Itachi was also goood, he had realtion with the village and the other charecters, had seemingly invincible abilities, and could make a great revenge arc, if he had killed Sasuke

Madare doesn't come close.
he's related to everything, but nobody knows about him yet. he doesn't seem so scary and dangerous (lacks the X factor\ star quality) and started out quite lamely (as Tobi).
Payne's pool of evil is far too shallow. he was once a pupil of Jiraya, which is great, and went crazy from sorrow. his story nor his actions are crazy enough to justify him being anything other than a lacky.
Kabutoro is plain dumb, and the more you think of it, the stupider it gets.

of course, I might be confused, since I still think that Naruto is the main charecter, and for now, it seems that Sasuke is the most important charecter.

night, everybody.

Sidnne
Sun, 05-25-2008, 03:31 AM
what I meant by lack of villians:

there are bad guys, and even plentty of them, but not a single one fitts to be the main 'villian' of the series.

Itachi and Oro were good.
Oro was plain evil, sick, twisted, tried to destroy the villiage and kiled Naruto's fatherfigure - Perfect.
Itachi was also goood, he had realtion with the village and the other charecters, had seemingly invincible abilities, and could make a great revenge arc, if he had killed Sasuke

Madare doesn't come close.
he's related to everything, but nobody knows about him yet. he doesn't seem so scary and dangerous (lacks the X factor\ star quality) and started out quite lamely (as Tobi).
Payne's pool of evil is far too shallow. he was once a pupil of Jiraya, which is great, and went crazy from sorrow. his story nor his actions are crazy enough to justify him being anything other than a lacky.
Kabutoro is plain dumb, and the more you think of it, the stupider it gets.

of course, I might be confused, since I still think that Naruto is the main charecter, and for now, it seems that Sasuke is the most important charecter.

night, everybody.

I agree completely, and I've said it before also.

Oro was the perfect "main villian" of the series because, as you said, he was evil, sick, and twisted. But, he was also creepy and instilled fear. He was 100% sinister; there was no talking to him or reasoning with him. Whenever he was around, whatever he was planning, it was bad news.

Oro was a better fit than Itachi because Itachi was "cool" and bad guys who are "cool" are destined to become a "good guy" at some point. (i.e. Piccolo, Vegita, Sesshomaru, Gaara)

toonice714
Mon, 05-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Since everybody is making predictions.....

Sasuke joins madara to finish off danzou and the elders while akatsuki continues to move behind sasuke's back to finish collecting the bijuu. Naruto an co. run into pain on the way back to konoha(or they end up fighting in general). This distracts them from intercepting sasuke and madara who are on their way to konoha. Naruto finishes pain. Sasuke's revenge doesnt go as smoothly when madara goes a little to far for him(maybe he kills tsunade. Look up that japanese folklore about the slug the snake and the frog. They all die). Madara is scarred or damaged in some way that make him hate konoha even more. Naruto and co find konoha in shambles. Sasuke now a bad guy by association. Kakashi is now the new hokage. Kabuchimaru, kabutoro, Orochibuto or whatever is completely unstable and the unbalance causes a weird growth in power due to the experiment gone wrong. Madara wants revenge but realizes sasuke's eyes are the only way to gain more power. He attempts to persuade sasuke to destroy the village but at some point betray him and steal his eyes. Naruto finishes the fourth's technique to an extent. Madara decides to awaken the incomplete token that hold the bijuu as a backdrop just incase his plan fails. Plan fails. Sasuke offs him and says something about never wanting to betray his friends in order to not repeat his brothers mistakes or some bullcrap friendship speech. Madara uses the last bit of his strength to release the bijuu on the world. Naruto perfects the fourth's secret technique and its a sealing jutsu( i know i know thats pretty far off stay with me guys). They go around sealing the bijuu. Midway thru the race to reseal the bijuu, an injured danzou spills out some off the truth about the uchihas and the nine-tails and the possiblity of orochimaru still being a threat. He tells them about what he told orochimaru. Sasuke and naruto encounter eachother. They fight and uhhh.......i dunno thats pretty much as far off as i can go for a crazy thoery. Its waaay to dark for naruto anyway.

chet_chetty
Mon, 05-26-2008, 02:37 PM
From the last panels, it looks like Madara freed Sasuke. Sasuke is now alone to take in what what Madara has told him and find out whatever else he wants to know. I really dont think Madara wants anything from Sasuke at this time. Itachi's body on the other hand...

Sidnne
Mon, 05-26-2008, 11:45 PM
From the last panels, it looks like Madara freed Sasuke. Sasuke is now alone to take in what what Madara has told him and find out whatever else he wants to know. I really dont think Madara wants anything from Sasuke at this time. Itachi's body on the other hand...

Those last panels gave me hope that story will finally move away from Sasuke for a while and get back to all the other things that are going. The Uchiha story was the least of my interests. I want to know more about Jiraiya's death, Payne, and that frog key thing.

Chiodos
Wed, 05-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Before they wrap this up and move on I still want to know why Madara does this. What does he gain? Trying to manipulate Sasuke to kill Root, setting them in motion wich gives Madara an opening spot to crush Konoha? Why keep Itachi as he did, knowing his true motives?

Looootz of questions, ey?

Sidnne
Wed, 05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Before they wrap this up and move on I still want to know why Madara does this. What does he gain? Trying to manipulate Sasuke to kill Root, setting them in motion wich gives Madara an opening spot to crush Konoha? Why keep Itachi as he did, knowing his true motives?

Looootz of questions, ey?

Yeah, there was definitely more questions presented than were answered from these chapters, but that seems to be Kishi's forte; create a bunch of questions, wait 4 years to answer them, if at all.

We can probably just throw those right into the "Unresolved Plots" thread.