http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns060v2.torrent

Kusanagi
Thu, 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Thread # 2000

gratz

Assertn
Fri, 05-23-2008, 02:18 AM
woo?

I get the feeling that the arc has entered a point where it can basically last as long as the writers want it to. Did anything really happen in this episode?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Well, they had a bunch of battles. And they were all entertaining(except for Yamato's). If a fights good, I don't really care if the plot advances.

Naruto's was particularly entertaining.

Although, I coulda done without Naruto blushing while remembering kissing Sasuke.

Archangel
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM
So naruto is now officially gay for sasuke right?

The fights weren't half bad but i just hope this ends quickly so i can finally see some actual plot advancement. oh and if they could kill off the drag queen asap that would be nice too...

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-23-2008, 06:48 PM
that episode was boring imho...

I'd prefer 1 good fight, instead of tons of crappy ones... even if this fight just last 1 minute or so. (like in the episode before)

yamato vs stone guy -> boring ( 8[ )... and the synchro was fucked up too, wasn't it?
Sai vs woman -> 1 good scene when sai came in from behind and summoned his "dogs"
Sai vs spider -> ....... lol
Naruto vs bordello queen -> a bit funny, the beginning was good, with naruto actually standing on the ceiling and not the women... but basically, naruto sucked balls there and that area-of-effect jutsus killing the shadowclones bores me, because I get to see it too often... fighting them off with taijutsu is so much cooler... or at least taijutsu combined with some fast nin-jutsu.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I kind of enjoyed this episode. It's too bad that this isn't manga based, but I think a first for the Naruto series might've happened here. Someone surviving a fight by getting away from an enemy who had them cornered. I mean, what? You mean to tell me there are other ways for a fight to end without having a clear victor? Malarchi! Yamato and Sai rule for that.

I really wish this filler would stop wind element phallus riding though. "Oh, your chakra is wind element isn't it? That's pretty rare xD." Stfu. It's cheesy and in bad taste. Other than that, everything's pretty decent. I didn't really think the plot was going to advance very much this episode. I did however, expect it to be a showdown episode, and they delivered moderately well.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, this ep was pretty alright. I thought Yamato looked kinda weak, considering how awesome he's been in the previous arcs. His last move was pretty cool though, so I'll reserve my judgement.

Sai discovering the tracking device on his back was pretty smart, and shows that he's quite capable in a pressured environment. Naruto would have probably been running around in a panic going "Nande, how the heck does she know where I am? keeps running"

Naruto's fight......seemed like your typical filler fight to me.

All in all, it wasn't that bad. Apparently the manga is like 50eps ahead of where we left off though, so I don't see any rational behind the filler, despite pretty good filler.

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:27 AM
It still is a good filler imho
Better then the crap before.

Gotta say, Sai looked cooler after that ink bunshin :p
But I do hope he has other jutsus then drawing, or at least other things then his tigers

Ow yeah, what was that extra part between brackets when Naruto said something at 18:22...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 05:49 AM
It still is a good filler imho
Better then the crap before.

Gotta say, Sai looked cooler after that ink bunshin :p
But I do hope he has other jutsus then drawing, or at least other things then his tigers

Ow yeah, what was that extra part between brackets when Naruto said something at 18:22...

DB translated it as "I won't let you kiss me that easily!" . I don't know what the "H" stands for, but it looks like what came after it was what actually came out of Naruto's mouth (in Japanese syntax?). They then did an exact translation in English (M).

UPDATE: [DB} Naruto Episode 60v2. (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns060v2.torrent)

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:06 AM
Why is there a new version, what's wrong with the first?

tigerleon
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:30 AM
ahhahahah naruto is soo gay!

he blushed after the flashback of kissin sasuke
also whats with the chick..??
its startin 2 get obvious that she steals peoples chakra.??
meh.. all gonna be revealed..

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:45 AM
ahhahahah naruto is soo gay!

he blushed after the flashback of kissin sasuke
also whats with the chick..??
its startin 2 get obvious that she steals peoples chakra.??
meh.. all gonna be revealed..

My guess is that she steals their chakra and stores it for use when she's using particular elements, making her adept at using any of the 5 elemental techniques as long as she's got reserves to spare.

Archangel
Sat, 05-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Apparently the manga is like 50eps ahead of where we left off though, so I don't see any rational behind the filler, despite pretty good filler.

Actually, it's closer to 100 chapters...

But yeah, why did they make a second version? What was wrong with the first one?

Jessper
Sat, 05-24-2008, 12:52 PM
The spot in the subs they were talking about looked like remnants of the QA process, I would bet it was unfinished when they released. Also there is some silly grammar at another point in the subs. I would imagine version 2 fixes those but I don't know for sure.

Assertn
Sat, 05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
This arc is going to have a huge fixation on elements, especially wind elements.

I hate when they do stuff like that, because it's so ridiculously timed that its impossible to suspend disbelief. Over the entirety of the Naruto series, nobody observes Naruto's chakra element until right after the big reveal by Kakashi? It's like Kakashi brought out the prize pony, and now the filler writers are going to beat it to death before its real purpose could even be utilized.

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
You do have a point. You'd think they find out what kind of element you are when you're in the academy...
Bu you could see it this way, just like the tree walking thing and the water walking. Maybe it's a bit too advanced at an early age.

Also, they still have to explain the kagemane no jutsu and baika no jutsu. Hell, they got a lot of explaining to do...

Kraco
Sat, 05-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Why does Naruto never summon the frogs? Jiraiya kept summoning them or parts of them all the time to help in fights and other things but all the idiot Naruto summons are those bloody useless shadow clones of his.

It's almost a crime how they keep wasting all the potential.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Why does Naruto never summon the frogs? Jiraiya kept summoning them or parts of them all the time to help in fights and other things but all the idiot Naruto summons are those bloody useless shadow clones of his.

It's almost a crime how they keep wasting all the potential.

yup, and it is more and more annoying each episode...

I won't accept stuff like "naruto is stupid" etc. because that isn't true... yes he's clumsy and really slow sometimes but he isn't THAT stupid, in the first shippudden episode vs kakashi he showed us that he is able to do more than that..

Archangel
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:45 PM
You see, the problem is that he needs the nine tails chakra in order to summon the frog king and the kyuubi hasn't been very helpful to naruto these past few episodes.

My guess is that the nine tails is going so out of control that jiraya told naruto to keep from using such high chakra jutsus, remeber he didn't even want him to use the odama rasengan.

Kraco
Sat, 05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
He doesn't necessarily need to summon the King every time. There seems to be quite a selection of frogs available, from tiny to humongous.

Kusanagi
Sat, 05-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Jiraiya never told him not to use Oodama Rasengan...I believe he was referencing the demon fox's cloak 'techinique' that he did not want Naruto to use.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Jiraiya never told him not to use Oodama Rasengan...I believe he was referencing the demon fox's cloak 'techinique' that he did not want Naruto to use.

I thought Yamato was the one who told Naruto not to use techniques that relied on the fox so much, i.e. demon chakra cloak.

Jiraiya was only warning against the four-tailed version because control no longer belongs to Naruto.

Archangel
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:33 PM

No he was definitely referring to the odama rasengan.

And using the red chakra seems to bring out the kyuubi, thats why yamato was controling naruto's chakra during the wind training.

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
the red chakra is the Kyuubi chakra

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
No he was definitely referring to the odama rasengan.

And using the red chakra seems to bring out the kyuubi, thats why yamato was controling naruto's chakra during the wind training.

Wasn't that the thing that Naruto did to Fake Itachi in Gaara's arc? If it wasn't, I don't think it's been mentioned in the anime yet.

Archangel
Sat, 05-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Wasn't that the thing that Naruto did to Fake Itachi in Gaara's arc? If it wasn't, I don't think it's been mentioned in the anime yet.

...? you mean the rasengan? it's only been used once in the anime but it's definitely not a spoiler.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 07:17 PM
...? you mean the rasengan? it's only been used once in the anime but it's definitely not a spoiler.

So it WAS the big rasengan? I was just saying if it wasn't, then this Odama Rasengan hasn't appeared yet.

But when did Jiraiya tell him now to use it? He specifically told Naruto that he needs to develop his own rasengan, and the first step is making it bigger.

tigerleon
Sat, 05-24-2008, 07:42 PM
lets not also forget.
naruto himself doesnt wanna use too much chakra.. then he turns into ninetails.. then he hurts his friends.,. any1 remember that episode when his tail got sakura.
so naruto is just tryin 2 stay away fomr the nine tails now.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-24-2008, 07:49 PM
yeah, cuz see if narutos rasengan was BIGGER, like hes been training to make it for 2.5 years, then obviously it wouldve taken out that chick. Cuz i mean, its bigger.... why wouldnt it be more useful than the regular rasengan? It couldnt be because any idiot can dodge it...

i like the new OP tho

Archangel
Sat, 05-24-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah, cuz see if narutos rasengan was BIGGER, like hes been training to make it for 2.5 years, then obviously it wouldve taken out that chick. Cuz i mean, its bigger.... why wouldnt it be more useful than the regular rasengan? It couldnt be because any idiot can dodge it...

i like the new OP tho

This made me laugh XD

"Omfg naruto is retarded sucks so much... but i like the new opening"

But when did Jiraiya tell him now to use it? He specifically told Naruto that he needs to develop his own rasengan, and the first step is making it bigger.

The story goes like this:

- Jiraya thinks: We need a better rasengan... lets make it bigger!!

- Naruto goes 4 tails and owns jiraya

- Jiraya thinks: Shit this was a bad idea

- Naruto goes on mission

- Jiraya says to naruto: Don't use that bigass rasengan because u might turn into the kyuubi and ass rape all your nakama

- Naruto says ok and does it anyway although a normal rasengan would probably work since itachi was stuck to kakashi's clone

And that ends another chapter of naruto's uber retarded training

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 08:00 PM
This made me laugh XD

"Omfg naruto is retarded sucks so much... but i like the new opening"

The story goes like this:

- Jiraya thinks: We need a better rasengan... lets make it bigger!!

- Naruto goes 4 tails and owns jiraya

- Jiraya thinks: Shit this was a bad idea

- Naruto goes on mission

- Jiraya says to naruto: Don't use that bigass rasengan because u might turn into the kyuubi and ass rape all your nakama

- Naruto says ok and does it anyway although a normal rasengan would probably work since itachi was stuck to kakashi's clone

And that ends another chapter of naruto's uber retarded training

Hmm, okay then. I guess I missed that bit of detail. I assumed that since he used it, it would have been alright.

tigerleon
Sat, 05-24-2008, 09:20 PM
HAHAHA archangel your freaking funny man.

ASSpirine
Sun, 05-25-2008, 04:41 AM
I've also wondered, when does Naruto learns 1 handed rasengan... I know it takes time, but I don't even think he's trying...

Archangel
Sun, 05-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I've also wondered, when does Naruto learns 1 handed rasengan... I know it takes time, but I don't even think he's trying...

Well the thing is that doing a shadow clone doesn't really spend that much chakra for him so he doesn't really need to learn how to do it with just one hand.

Honestly i just hope he learns a couple of wind techniques, the shadow clones + rasengan combo is starting to make my eyes bleed...

ASSpirine
Sun, 05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Well the thing is that doing a shadow clone doesn't really spend that much chakra for him so he doesn't really need to learn how to do it with just one hand.

Honestly i just hope he learns a couple of wind techniques, the shadow clones + rasengan combo is starting to make my eyes bleed...

If I remember correctly, kage bunshin splits the remaining chakra and devides it equally. But Naruto has some huge ass amount chakra, but still...

He should learn to do 1 kage bunshin and let him do a Tajuu kage bunshin. Better split your chakra in 2 then in 1000.

Archangel
Sun, 05-25-2008, 03:40 PM
That would only be useful if naruto needed some extra chakra to do some huge attack, but even rasengan spends a puny amount of chakra for him.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-26-2008, 06:28 AM
I've been wondering, what if Shadow clones only split up Naruto's chakra capacity, but the Kyuubi just keeps resupplying him with it. If that's the case, it could explain why he can use the clones so many times, since he can keep the Kyuubi's in a separate reserve.

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-26-2008, 07:12 AM
I stopped thinking about that a while ago... because I know that they will never give us a good explanation.
its really beyond pointless to discuss this I think
but feel free to do it anways xD

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Hmm, okay then. I guess I missed that bit of detail. I assumed that since he used it, it would have been alright.The reason you missed it is because Arch made half of that stuff he said up.

The ONLY thing that Jirayia said was "Don't use "that technique"" without ever explaining what he was talking about.

Its pretty obvious after watching the rest of that arc that he meant the Demon Fox Cloak. Especially since he gives Kakashi a counter for it and is all "if a second tail grows, use this"

Since the Oodoma Rasengan doesn't do anything but make Naruto a little tired theres nothing that even suggests it uses Kyuubi chakra. Its not red, its not even purple. Its exactly what it sounds like. Just a bigger Rasengan.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-26-2008, 09:23 AM
The reason you missed it is because Arch made half of that stuff he said up.

The ONLY thing that Jirayia said was "Don't use "that technique"" without ever explaining what he was talking about.

Its pretty obvious after watching the rest of that arc that he meant the Demon Fox Cloak. Especially since he gives Kakashi a counter for it and is all "if a second tail grows, use this"

Since the Oodoma Rasengan doesn't do anything but make Naruto a little tired theres nothing that even suggests it uses Kyuubi chakra. Its not red, its not even purple. Its exactly what it sounds like. Just a bigger Rasengan.

I decided not to pry anymore, since I thought I've seen Archie's name in the manga threads a couple of times.

Archangel
Mon, 05-26-2008, 11:21 AM

Ohh then i guess the red eyes were just some cool contact lenses then

I never said that was what actually happened in the anime, it's my own theory on things based on facts from the anime.

You say it's so obvious the forbidden technique is the nine tails coat, even tough it's not really a technique and naruto has almost no control over it. Even after the nice chit chat he had with yamato, after being attacked by sasuke his eyes were already going red and if sasuke hadn't suppressed the kyuubi who knows what might have happened.

For all we know jiraya could have just told him not to use the oodama rasengan because he hadn't mastered it completely and it severely depleted his chakra reserves, it might not have anything to do with the kyuubi, but that's just another theory, the fact still remains we don't have enough information to make any final conclusions on the subject just yet.

I decided not to pry anymore, since I thought I've seen Archie's name in the manga threads a couple of times.

Naruto's manga thread? Not only i'm in invisible mode most of the times i never go there with fear of spoilers so i really have no idea where you got that from.

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-26-2008, 03:33 PM
well archangel... actually I never heard something about that he shouldn't use that rasengan.

"don't use *that*" (thats what he said afaik) means that he shouldn't use the four tails or two tails etc. because he will lose control over it.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Naruto's manga thread? Not only i'm in invisible mode most of the times i never go there with fear of spoilers so i really have no idea where you got that from.

I wasn't sure, but I didn't want any chance of spoilers, so I just stopped. I also had nothing to add to my point.

Mizuchi
Tue, 05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
whats the point of oodama rasengan? its not like his regular one isnt lethal, hes just never really hit anyone with it.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
whats the point of oodama rasengan? its not like his regular one isnt lethal, hes just never really hit anyone with it.

I think it was only a intermediate for Naruto to develop before he can do anything else with it, like the weak rasengan that left a swirl mark on trees. With only shape manipulation chakra skills, and the rasengan already being at the top of it, all he can do is pack more power until he learns something else useful.

Crash
Tue, 05-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Ohh then i guess the red eyes were just some cool contact lenses then

I never said that was what actually happened in the anime, it's my own theory on things based on facts from the anime.

You say it's so obvious the forbidden technique is the nine tails coat, even tough it's not really a technique and naruto has almost no control over it. Even after the nice chit chat he had with yamato, after being attacked by sasuke his eyes were already going red and if sasuke hadn't suppressed the kyuubi who knows what might have happened.

For all we know jiraya could have just told him not to use the oodama rasengan because he hadn't mastered it completely and it severely depleted his chakra reserves, it might not have anything to do with the kyuubi, but that's just another theory, the fact still remains we don't have enough information to make any final conclusions on the subject just yet.

Your theory falters for two reasons.

1. The episode is 8-9 and what Jiraya specifically says (at 20 min into the DB version) is "I know you know this,but, don't use that power." Not technique. In that context it makes it much more clear that he's referencing the Kyubi.

2. Naruto uses the Oodama Rasengan very early in the arc, with little to no real negative effects. He didn't even come close to loosing control or changing into the Kyubi. In fact the only thing in this arc that has consistantly resulted in him changing into Kyubi has been his own temper going out of control. Which just so happens to be another thing Jiraya warned/scolded him about. Why would they have Jiraya make such a big deal out using the Oodama Rasengan then have him use it and utterly trivialize it? Meanwhile the second he goes into Kyubi cloak it's extremely obvious that he's completely out of control and a danger to everyone, further reinforcing the notion that that was the "power" jiraya was referencing

Taking what was said, and the way the two things were presented it's beyond me how you could even begin to suspect Jiraya was warning him against the giant rasengan instead of the Kyubi's power.

On the current episode, it actually wasn't bad. For a Naruto filler anyway. The fights were decent although a bit short, but hopefully we get a lot more in the next episode.

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Really, I don't see a good thing in episode 60

what is it, which makes you guys say it was decent, or even good?
The fights were all crap imho, not tense and not good animated there were only 1 or 2 small scenes which were "normal" but not as close to the level we saw 1 (or 2) episodes before when that windguy was fighting Naruto (forgot his name and ya that episode also had some scenes which simply looked ridicilous and one thought that it came directly out of a DBZ episode, but it wasn't as bad as this one)

Archangel
Wed, 05-28-2008, 09:33 AM
In fact the only thing in this arc that has consistantly resulted in him changing into Kyubi has been his own temper going out of control.

If that was the only way for the kyuubi to come out then yamato wouldn't be supervising naruto's training.

Crash
Wed, 05-28-2008, 06:07 PM
If that was the only way for the kyuubi to come out then yamato wouldn't be supervising naruto's training.

Lets not twist words eh?I didn't say it was the only way, i said it was the only way that it has happened in this Arc. There is also a big difference between the amount of exhaustion created from creating a massive amount of shadow clones, having them all train in a very high level techniquefor hours apon hours, dispelling them and having all of their exhaustion mulitplied upon yourself and simply using Oodama Rasengan. That is once again illustrated by the way these things are presented in the show. Naruto uses Oodama and gets a little winded. Dispelling the clones after training drains him completely to empty, to the point he passes out cold.

Really, I don't see a good thing in episode 60

what is it, which makes you guys say it was decent, or even good?

Good for a filler episode, not necessarily compared to manga based episodes. Though given the quality of some of the pre filler eps some people might be willing to argue that one.

Archangel
Thu, 05-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Naruto uses Oodama and gets a little winded. Dispelling the clones after training drains him completely to empty, to the point he passes out cold.

Sorry that's incorrect.

The reason why naruto passes out is not because of physical but mental exhaustion, having all that information pushed into his head ( see here (http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000318/04.jpg)) and after using the oodama rasengan he seems to get a little beyond winded, more like so tired he can't even run anymore and using that much chakra may very well pull the kyuubi out.

Jessper
Thu, 05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
The anime was translated as exhaustion, also absorbing mental stress to the point of passing out sounds stupid. I would like a third opinion!

Archangel
Thu, 05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
The anime was translated as exhaustion, also absorbing mental stress to the point of passing out sounds stupid. I would like a third opinion!

Obviously you never watched "The Butterfly Effect"

Crash
Thu, 05-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Sorry that's incorrect.

The reason why naruto passes out is not because of physical but mental exhaustion, having all that information pushed into his head ( see here (http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000318/04.jpg)) and after using the oodama rasengan he seems to get a little beyond winded, more like so tired he can't even run anymore and using that much chakra may very well pull the kyuubi out.

I'd love to know what your smoking. Naruto was running just fine after using the Oodama, they continued on until Kakashi forced them all to take a rest later in the evening because their "pace had slowed considerably". That also was not exclusively due to the Oodama. They had already been running for hours before the fight, then ran for atleast a few more hours before stoping after the fight.

As for Naruto only passing out from "mental" exhaustion, i doubt that though i'm sure it's a factor. The fact is Naruto is splitting all his Chakra up amongst a mass of clones, and having them all doing some very intensive training. The anime translates it as exhaustion, your manga link translates it as mental stress, to be honest in that kind of training he'd be piling up both.

I'll end this "debate" with this post though since we're just running in circles and it isn't really relevant to this episode. You're just avoiding rebutal against any significant points i make and trying to discredit my posts by twisting my words and using differently translated manga material to "correct" minor things based on anime translation. Your more than welcome to continue deluding yourself into thinking Oodama Rasengan is the big bad power Jiraya was warning him about using if that somehow makes it cooler or more interesting to you regardless of if wording/events of the show support it or not. I couldn't care less, i just didn't want the rest of the boards taking that flimsy theory as fact.

Archangel
Fri, 05-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Yay i won

I hate writting long posts good thing u accepted the truth and gave up on your retardness

*Dances*

Abdula
Fri, 05-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Thought I posted this yesterday but apparently I didn't. It makes me laugh every time Archangel calls someone else retarded.

First off Naruto was exhausted after using Oodama rasengan because not only was he tired from fighting Itachi but the Oodama rasengan uses up a massive of amount of chakra, Kyuubi chakra. Now I have no idea what about this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/260/10-11/) would make them think it would be blue especially considering that right before that Naruto was using a huge amount of the Kyuubi's chakra to try to break out of Itachi's genjutsu, but then again I also have no idea why they decided to change the color of Sasuke's sword or why they changed the seal on Neji's forehead or why there were blue balls of chakra floating around the 4 tailed Naruto or why the seal on Sasuke's shoulder was mysteriously appearing and then disappearing but whatever. I mean even in that little flashback they had with Jiraiya talking to Naruto about using the technique. Jiraiya held his palm up making it appear as if he was holding the sun in hands, a red sun at sunset, yet they still made the technique blue.

Yes it was mental exhaustion. I don't know why you would try to argue an anime translation over a manga translation but whatever. Firstly you wouldn't suffer physical exhaustion from shadow clones that would just be stupid. What I mean is that if you have your shadow clone run a mile then you yourself wouldn't feel exhausted as if it was you yourself that had run a mile.

Secondly Naruto isn't suffering much physical strain from using this training method the very reason he can use this method is because he has so much chakra and stamina that any strain from using this method would be negligible. Other than the shadow clones there is nothing strenuous about this training, all he is doing is running some chakra through a leaf and as we've seen over and over again using an insane amount shadow doesn't seem to have any effect on Naruto. One of the advantages of the technique is that it allows the user to create multiple physical copies of himself, the drawback to that is that the chakra of the user is divided up between himself and the clones. The other advantage is that whatever knowledge and experience the clones acquires is transferred to the user when the technique is dispelled, the drawback is that along with that knowledge and experience the user also acquires the mental exhaustion incurred by the clones. So it was said and so it is.

Now as for what Jiraiya was talking about, its been 2 years since the manga was at that point and we still haven't got a clear cut answer. What I believe he was talking about is the so called Kyuubi's cloak. More specifically going 4 tails because up until that point Naruto is more or less in control and going four tails seems to require a conscious decision on Naruto's part to submit to the Kyuubi and relinquish control of his body. Not to mention that right before he warned Naruto about using that jutsu he was admonishing him about loosing control of himself and becoming too angry to think properly.

Archangel
Fri, 05-30-2008, 03:50 PM
yeah... I'm not reading that Abdula

Jessper
Fri, 05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes it was mental exhaustion. I don't know why you would try to argue an anime translation over a manga translation but whatever. Firstly you wouldn't suffer physical exhaustion from shadow clones that would just be stupid. What I mean is that if you have your shadow clone run a mile then you yourself wouldn't feel exhausted as if it was you yourself that had run a mile.

Perhaps because that is stupid. No amount of studying you do is going to kill you. Either Kakashi was seriously overstating the issue or there is more to it that mental exhaustion. Also, how does the Kyuubi help with mental exhaustion?

Plus I wasn't arguing a anime translation over a manga one, I was jokingly asking for a third opinion.

Abdula
Fri, 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM
The Kyuubi isn't going to help with mental exhaustion and the mental exhaustion isn't what would kill him the most that would happen is that he would pass out and would need to rest for some time before he can continue training. What would kill him is using up all his chakra on shadow clones and Naruto doesn't have to worry about that.

Assertn
Fri, 05-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Guys.......

guh....

Among the manga community, it's assumed that Jiraiya's warning was in reference to the 4th tail. This is based on the same evidence that has already been shown in the anime. Lets try not to think about it too much, ok? Naruto is a kids show and anything intended to be remotely complex usually gets beaten into our heads like a dead horse.

Kraco
Sat, 05-31-2008, 03:28 AM
The Kyuubi isn't going to help with mental exhaustion.

We have seen the Kyuubi is both malevolent and capable and willing take over, so it's well within the realm of possibilities it would help with Naruto's mental exhaustion by relieving him of the stress of being in control. After all, Naruto's mental exhaustion isn't the Kyuubi's mental exhaustion. Our demon fox would be as sharp as ever and Naruto could relax by sleeping in the background.

Jessper
Sat, 05-31-2008, 05:28 AM
Not in the context though, they won't let the Kyuubi out for the training.

The possibility of death by making too many clones seems pretty hokey.

Archangel
Sat, 05-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Naruto is a kids show and anything intended to be remotely complex usually gets beaten into our heads like a dead horse.

Have you met Abdula? He makes of living out of overthinking this stuff

Abdula
Sat, 05-31-2008, 09:43 AM
That isn't even funny dude. You're really just trying too hard.

Not in the context though, they won't let the Kyuubi out for the training.

The possibility of death by making too many clones seems pretty hokey.
Seriously I have no idea how that would happen. If you are so low on chakra that trying to make a clone would be risking your life any idiot would know not to do it. Secondly if you are already so weakened then any clone you could make would have so little chakra that it would be completely useless, thats if the technique even works at all. With something like chidori I could see how it would happen but with shadow clones it doesn't even make sense.

Archangel
Sat, 05-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm not trying to be funny dude, you really do overthink anime too much.

I could understand if it was a complex anime like death note or something but... naruto? Seriously? You really should just go with the flow