PDA

View Full Version : Game - Bleach: Heat of the Soul 5

Archangel
Sat, 05-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 is the latest installment in the Heat the Soul series based on Tite Kubo's Bleach, released on May, 15th 2008 in Japan. New features include a "Tag Action" system and a new way for releasing zanpakutō. Transformations such as bankai are now made when 2 bars of reiatsu is obtained and then pressing the L button, rather than selecting a characters Bankai form before a fight. There are also 3 styles of tag action: offensive, defensive and technical. There is also a game mode called Tag Master, which lets you choose 2 characters to fight with in a series of fights. The system also includes specials which use the tagged partner's abilities.

The game features 31 characters usable in Tag Battle mode, while extra characters can be obtained with Bleach: heat the soul 4 game save through game convertion. However, these characters are only usable in single mode with no in-game transformation. They are selected through a separate menu accessible by pressing L/R in the normal character menu.

Although there is an increase in character selection, fans whom have obtained this game has complained that this game is too short compared to the previous installment.

Source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach:_Heat_the_Soul_%28series%29)

Official website: Bleach: heat of the Soul 5 (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bleach/heat5/) (Japonese)

I've never played the previous installments (downloading them now) but i have to say i'm enjoying this game. The voice acting is quite good, although i know very little Japanese i was still able to recognize some parts of the speech from the anime. Also, the combo system is nice, not at the level of the major fighting games such as soul calibur but good enough to provide a challenge and still be fun to master and if you add the great visual effects for the finishing moves it feels like you're watching the fights in the anime all over again.

It's not perfect though, at least not to me since it's exclusive to the Japanese market and without subtitles it took me a while to understand the fighting system and without subtitles it sucks not to understand what they're saying sometimes ( especially everytime the matsumoto/orichime tag team says sexy lol )

If you're interested in the game PM me, maibe i'll upload it to rapidshare or megaupload if you guys want it or at least ill send you this nice torrent i got from demonoid :D