PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Forbidden Kingdom

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-17-2008, 02:57 PM
This movie was BAD ASS. what was your opinions on it?

When the old dude at the end says "of course ill live, im immortal" does that mean hes the jackie chan from old china? If so, I think they should've made it more clear that he was infact the same guy, having him say something like "looks like i've trained you well" or something like that.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 05-18-2008, 02:26 AM
I thought it was an average movie.

The action scenes are straight out of old hong kong cinema so it wasn't anything really impressive and the story was pretty cliche. The main character seem like he was threw in there for the sole purpose of having a western cast member in the group or they were trying to go for the "Kid in King Author Court" angle but either way it felt wrong to me.

Overall it's a mindless fun summer flick that's good to watch but is definitely nothing to write home about.

@Mizuchi Well if you looks closely the old man is Jackie Chan so it seems they were trying to hint at the 2 being the same person. Also if he is Jackie then the story would become a my future self sent you back in time to save me kinda thing.

Munsu
Sun, 05-18-2008, 02:57 PM
The first fight between Jackie and Jet and the golden shower scene made the movie worthwhile.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
You say golden shower and bad things come to mind..... I downloaded a nice copy of this and need to watch it this weekend, looks very entertaining.